Dear Lg optimus 2x users,
can any one pl guide me on :
1. does this phone heat up on continous talk of 20mts or more
2. how s the battery life with normal talk time , an hr of browsing , wifi usage and watching movies occasionally
3. Is the lagging problem still on.
4. do you all recommend buying this phone?
5. Also i saw in the demo that on start up it shows 4 to 5 small screens on one window which u can tap to choose , i mean like the leap view in htc mobiles. is it true ,that its available on lg user interface.
please help me with the cons of this mobile as i am confused to buy galaxy sII, htc incredible s, or lg optimus 2x. pl help i am not much into games but more of video audio .
James, 24 Jun 2011Hey guys its not even 2.3...........the new 1 is come which is 2.3.3DO you know when it'll arrive?
This is the best phone that i ever had..
design,speed,camera,etc - 10
Thank all for your help. Anyway can you tell me wat are the pro and con about the wp7 over android OS ? Thank :)
I've heard a lot of problems issues so far..
honestly i want to buy this phone, but when i read in the forums, there were some issues on this phone, but some people said it wasn't true..
so what shall i do? buy it or not?
please give me some advices..
sorry for my bad English..
I Bought my phone 3 weeks ago and after 2 weeks I brought back cause of problem with call connection. After it's staying longer on idle nobody can reach me even when they call me they hear usual signal as it has to be when you calling. But my phone just don't respond... So now after 1 week as I gave to repaire my phone... first half hour same problem appears so they didin't fixed this problem. Even tehy said they updated my software which was 2.2.2. and it is still same and were doing something with signal tranmision or transistor idk exectly... So as I working a very important job for me and my job is 70% general tool is my phone for me is a really big problem. So my advice If you will use this phone just as a regular phone it's cause i really happy with all features it have... But for buissnes people DON'T BUY IT. Cause I giving it back in few days. Meybe they will change to same phone but next serial product. Or I'm just gonna change to iphone 4 or SG2.
P.S. I found few people on forums habving same problem and as well companys selling this phone couldn't repair it...
well this 400 hrs standby times seems to be a dream becausa i just buy this phone and it only last for a day without even doing anything..
very good cell the only thng bad is tht its battery sucks..rest its genious
Bruce, 23 Jun 2011Can anyone help me to choose between Samsung galxy P1000 and Samsung Omnia 7 and Lg 2x ? Thank... morechoose this stuff (lg). btw, not fair if you compare between smartphone with tablet. (tablet-office, smartphone-havingfun). its all up to you... ow, if you choose WP7 you'll get some problem for example to install application. (sorry about my english)
This phone is a beast!
The best in dual core processor phones and its true potential is unlocked when rooted!
Can anyone help me to choose between Samsung galxy P1000 and Samsung Omnia 7 and Lg 2x ? Thank the price are $ 430 - $370 - $490
Anonymous, 22 Jun 2011In my contry the LG optimus 2x is quite cheap but is it good or should i get HTC desire s? or ... moreWEll i love my LG2X it can play games too-powered by nvidia tegra but i wouldn't say its for hardcore gaming, you'll kill the battery in no time.NOt sure about the neo though, is it the same as Xperia play?
I guess it really depends on how'd you wanna play. With the LG2X it's all touchscreen joystick and tilting but the Xperia play has its slide out analog stick and buttons. SO if you want a proper joystick then i guess the play would be for you. But if you dont mind touchscreen controls then i guess i'll go for either LG2X or SGS2
In my contry the LG optimus 2x is quite cheap but is it good or should i get HTC desire s? or should i get the upcoming xperia neo?I think i would use it more for gaming help me decide
Anonymous, 20 Jun 2011optimus for sure, reasons:
better screen (IPS)
latest android version
dual ... morehey bro latest is not 2.2 its 2.3 ur still in old world its 2.3 new era xperia arc neo play hahaha they are the standards sony dosent copy any thing they are osssum
optimus 2x display is copied same like s2 amoled screen think man
[deleted post]I'm not quite sure what you meant by the amoled being an advanced version of screen but from how i understand it, i dont think that the super amoled is an advanced version of the LG2X screen,it's just different tech. LG2X is IPS LCD and SGS2 Super amoled.Both have their pro and cons.
I also believe you forgot to mentioned that the SGS2 is much more expensive than LG2X.
Oh and it also lacks a HDMI port.
Now.... @ Jay and others (Who can’t decide between SGS II and LG Optimus 2X----- Please note: Iam not posting to hurt anyone’s feelings or sentiments, just a simple comparison)... I would like to list some of the comparisons which i (personally) found out between Samsung SGS II and LG Optimus 2X.... I would like to add that I am sharing my own hands on experience as I bought SGS II and the same time my friend bought LG optimus 2X... so I have had experience of comparing both the phones...(live sets):
1. First of all, SGS II has a 4.3 inches attractive Super AMOLED screen .. .whereas LG Optimus 2X (LO 2X) has 4.0 inches LCD screen... (Note that AMOLED is an advanced version of screen).
2. SGS II-Looks are very sleek and the back cover is also very attractive. Slim design is just one and only of its types in the mobile market till date.
3. SGS II has light weight: 116 gms compared to 139 gms of LO 2X... Just a plus point ... I swear its damn light !!!! :)
4. Accessibility Speed with SGS II is simply mind-blowing & touch is just like flowing water.
5. SGS II has an inbuilt memory of 16 GB compared to 8 GB inbuilt memory of LO 2X... no doubt it can be extended to 32 GB in both cases.. but inbuilt memory also matters...
6. 1 GB RAM of SGS II compared to 512 MB RAM of LO 2X, does matter.
7. Bluetooth is advanced compared to LO 2X... V 3.0 to V 2.1... This affects the Bluetooth transfer speed.
8. Front (Secondary) camera in SGS II is 2.0 MP whereas LO 2X has 1.3 MP .... but that hardly matters !!
9. Android V 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is the latest version , in SGS II .... compared to V 2.2 (Froyo) in LO 2X, but definitely it can be updated to 2.3 in LO 2X.
10. LO 2X ... did have battery longevity problems, lasting for 8- 10 hours... but battery booster download from Android market did help to some extent (now its lasts for 1 day) ... whereas SGS II (normally) lasts for 1.5 days minimum with average usage (Internet, calls,etc)
11. Definitely the speakers in SGS II has awesome quality as compared to LO 2X.
12. Picture clarity is also very good..
13. Navigator application is also too good to use.
14. But you get a hell lot of applications from android market for free.. So depending upon your suitability and to ease your application, you can download them from android market.
Some kind of call drop problem is the only thing that I have faced till now with SGS II.. I am not sure whether this is happening to all the SGS II owners or not.. ???
Well I am proud to have chosen SGS II .... not a single regret till now. Now its ur turn... :)
Definitely it’s a great Smartphone to possess and value for money ... I have been using SGS II since past 20 days... no problem of yellow tinge in screen .. no battery probs... and with 3G ... video buffering from internet has awesome speed, which is just unbelievable.
I got it for 29,800/-... now it might have gone down.. Cheers SGS II owners...
SGS II Definitely rocks!! :) :) :)
Jay from Pune, 21 Jun 2011I bought LG Optimus 2x mobile 2 weeks back & this is my 1st phone on Android OS and i am q... moreI wanna know if did you ever try to install SKYPE and can you make a VIDEO CALL through WIFI or either it's possible through 3G. answer pls.
I bought LG Optimus 2x mobile 2 weeks back & this is my 1st phone on Android OS and i am quite satisfied with its overall performance.I heard a lot regarding it's battery life but trust me its not that bad.Just install 'Battery Booster'from Android market and a fully charged mobile can be used 1-1.5 days with normal usage(call,watching videos,playing songs, GPRS/3G etc.).Here i am listing some of the good & bad things regarding this phone that i observed.
1. Coming with an original scratch guard and a good
2. User Interface is superb & quite touch sensitive.
3. Having HDMI port along with HDMI cable.
4. Camera & video recording clarity is also very
good.You can also record the video at night when
the light is less by enabling the flash light.
5. I compare by playing same video both on SGS 2(on
my frnd's mobile) & Optimus 2x and i don't
find any such significant difference in terms of
clarity of video.But in-build speaker sound output
of SGS 2 is louder and has a bigger display than
Optimus 2x. But that is adjustable.
6. In-build speakers are at the bottom part on both
side of the charging point just like iPhone-4. So
there is no difficulty getting the incoming
call tone when my phone is lyeing on my bed :).
1. Delayed Call notification: If you try to call from
another phone to LG optimus 2X then you will get
the alert notification after 1.5-2 riniging cycles
from the calling party and if you just give a half
ring missed call to your optimus 2x then you will
not at all get any missed call alert on your 2x
All Optimus 2X phone owner.......Just try it out.
I think LG should seriously do something for this
issue as it is a basic phone functionality and fix
should be available in the next software
upgrade(to Android 2.3).
2. Battery life: Bettery drains drastically when you
are using 3G/Wi-fi hotspot on 2x.So LG should come
up with some Optimization in this area as well.
3. Multi touch input method: The Multi touch is not
working properly when you are trying to zoom-in a
particular part of an image. When you try to zoom
a particular part of an image then it
automatically slides to some other part of the
4. No customized equalizer settings in Audio
equalizer settings: I think this option
will come automatically when we upgrade the
optimus 2x to Android 2.3.
Hoping LG will solve these issues and release a software upgrade package soon :):):) cheers..........................