LG Optimus 4G LTE P935 - user opinions and reviews

LG

6.8
7.0
6.7

I've had this phone for nearly 3 year now and I can say it is a good phone. As I have heard some say it does have an issue sometime with failing to get texts but all you have to do is turn on the phone and pull the battery out while the screen is active, wait15 seconds and turn it back on. I was able to update to ICS perfectly and have had no issues there so maybe I was lucky or others talking about issues with ICS have bad luck, who knows. I've dropped it a few times on to hard surfaces(hard tile, open road construction, and large gravel) and have had no issues. Durable, decent enough camera and good call quality. Kind of sad to be trading her in for a G3, but LG has won a customer here.

• 2015-01-17 10:39
  • 4xkL

> In reply to no @ 2014-12-04 20:47 from 4xc7 - click to readTry disconnecting your phone and then reconnect it again. If still not, maybe the update is not yet available in your country.

• 2015-01-02 08:23
  • v0qJ

> In reply to Pokemon @ 2014-11-04 02:10 from v0qJ - click to readI downloaded it and it says i have the latest version, it's the 4.0.4 one, what do i do?

• 2014-12-04 20:47
  • 4xc7

I just upgraded my phone to Jellybean 4.1.2 without rooting or customizing my phone. Just download LGMobile Support Tool and your phone's usb driver in your pc and your ready to go!

• 2014-11-04 02:10
  • v0qJ

amazing phone aside from battery life, very durable phone, mine has fallen into two rivers, been driven over with a 1 ton chevy with 2 tons of salt and a quad in the box, lasted 5 minutes in the river and even lit up on the river bed when i called it to find it. dropped it millions of times, played hacky sack with it intoxicated even, screen never cracked on it ever, only needed to replace to battery due to water damage. Very Solid Phone!!!

• 2014-07-15 23:13
  • jJ8U

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-17 03:38 from YeB@ - click to readGoing back to balckberry how can anyone using a blackberry really have a comment?

• 2014-07-14 19:47
  • NUwF

> In reply to inneed @ 2013-12-21 22:06 from NaUI - click to readi got the same problem with phone it keeps restart in very often an when it comes back on the screen get red an even the port for head set isn't working now

• 2014-07-05 16:58
  • 4nH1

touch sreen dont work whats the problem

• 2014-06-30 23:24
  • IkbF

I think my phone has a virus, when you turn on the touch screen starts marked one, and resets it and still the same as I repair

• 2014-06-19 05:12
  • P1{i

Is there any way to upgrade the software of this phone without rooting or modding it? I cant upgrade OTA or using the LG website links, and still running Gingerbread. I would like to upgrade to ICS. LG support dont seem to care and are no help at ...

• 2014-06-15 23:00
  • q}j3

having problem with my phone. it controls it self any time i on it. it started some few weeks made the purchase. can u help me please.

• 2014-05-19 18:14
  • Sc3X

Had this for 2+ years and upgraded the OS to 4.0.4 and it then started crashing so much that it pretty much bricked the phone. Customer service at Telus confirmed by saying that the phone was a dud and the update breaks it. Do not buy this phone - and if you already own it do not update it using the update provided by LG.

• 2014-03-01 20:24
  • IxwH

I was happy with my LG P935 in all aspects for about the first 4 months I had it, then the phone simply stopped recieving text messages. It would send text messages and every other function continued to work correctly but no messages would be recieved. After many calls to tech support with my service provider and with LG, I was told I had to reset the phone to original factory specs, which meant that anything that was not backed up or saved elsewhere would be lost, including apps that I had paid for.

After a factory reset/reboot everything worked well again for about 2 months, when the phone refused to receive text messages again. After repeated failures to receive text messages, 4 or 5 more resets over the following 8 months and many calls to customer support, I was informed that this was a software problem and there was no update or fix for it. I had 2 choices, keep losing text message recieving capability and continue to reset the phone on an increasingly more frequent basis, or replace the phone.

I replaced the phone with a Samsung and am quite happy with this one. If you own an LG P935, I wish you luck!

• 2014-02-04 02:43
  • NCtV
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

I'm just modding this phone now, and realized that this was a real crappy replacement for the Motorola Atrix 4G MB860 that Bell stocked in the store.
Sure, the extra .5" on the screen is nice, and the extra .5 Ghz on the dual core is appreciated,,,,,,
But,,,,,

ONLY 2GB interior storage?

I cant get what I need on this phone even with Apps to SD.
Some apps wont even load if they are installed in 'mnt/sd ext/'

MOTOROLA ATRIX ,,,,thanks for the 16Gb storage (and the true HDMI out).

• 2013-12-22 16:28
  • RnAM

why is the phone restarting randomly after upgrading the android version to 4.0.4

• 2013-12-21 22:06
  • NaUI

is this already available in the market? P935 how many months do i have to pay this?

• 2013-10-30 07:13
  • PDP9

Love the phone but why does it stream videos in 3g instead of 4g

• 2013-09-30 21:41
  • Ibxr

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-04 22:49 from TcXF - click to readLG has made many a great phone. You just might have gotten a dub.I have had mine for about a month and had no problems what so ever. Lags abit but for the price you can't get much better

• 2013-08-31 08:18
  • jKZA

Its a decent cheap LTE phone. But it has a glitch which makes it restart RANDOMLY and can be extremely annoying when you're in the middle of listening to a lecture or typing a message.

Beware - buy at your own risk.

• 2013-08-30 02:35
  • IDk9

After upgrading the phone to 4.0.4 its restarting often. Pls wat should i do

• 2013-07-22 20:31
  • fuN1
Total of 138 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4G LTE P935.