LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to tamer7 @ 2014-07-17 03:56 from fuGK - click to readCould you tell me how to do it the procedure and also post the links
My 4x is on 4.0.3 rooted

• 2014-07-19 22:11
  • U{DM

Running Beanstalk 4.4.4007 with iodak kernel v10 for 2 days now and loving it. Beanstalk is very customizable; allowed me to add NFC, Torch, and Auto-rotation lock toggles to the Quick Settings pull-down screen, while nexus users are still waiting for google to add such toggle (like the auto-rotation) to the QS on their phones (currently only shows up on tablets). Even the power menu is customizable, allowing to add things like screenshot, screen recorder, etc.
It can be a bit confusing at first, with so many options available. For example, after flashing BS and GApps, I found I have three launchers (Trebuchet, Nova, and Google). Not a bad thing. I tried each one and quickly sided with Nova Launcher. Wouldn't have known what I'd be missing had I chosen to flash CyanogenMod 10.1.3 stable :)
last note, I also flashed the Stock LG/JB Camera app ( http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2288917 ). Only the front-facing camera doesn't work in it, but works with the stock camera in Beanstalk.
Simply, Beanstalk ROCKS!

• 2014-07-17 03:56
  • fuGK

> In reply to stole91 @ 2014-07-13 14:29 from 3s4x - click to readI tried it out and so far it is much more to my liking than CM11, thank you for the good advice. Very smooth and the dark theme (Dark stalk) really is super awesome! Turned almost all my light themed apps into dark ones and the dark ones became black. So insanely many options and settings I can hardly believe it, must be hundreds of extra settings

• 2014-07-14 18:25
  • S4nq

root your o4x and instal beanstalk rom android 4.4.4. Everything works fine and there is no any lag.

• 2014-07-13 14:29
  • 3s4x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-12 18:25 from Ibx1 - click to readI use neither Skype nor the front camera so that I don't know. The other camera have problems in darker conditions on all roms I have tried, including the original though it may have been slightly better. It is indeed Cyanogenmod, official 2014-06-14 nightly, quite stable for me with few bugs. I guess it's all down to preferences so calling the original rom crappy was maybe a bit unfair, just because I couldn't stand it (the lockscreen, the light theme, the notifiction bar, the lack of customization options etc). It's still a shame LG won't update the phone even though it doesn't affect me, as I wouldn't have used it anyway. Not everyone want to void their guarantee after three days as I did.

• 2014-07-13 00:24
  • S4nq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-10 22:59 from S4nq - click to readWhat is wrong with their 4.1? Works fine , lags here and there but everything works. What kind of 4.4 kitkat did you install? Some generic cyanogen mod? Does your front camera work fine in Skype, it is not too dark?

• 2014-07-12 18:25
  • Ibx1

Good phone as long as you don't depend on LG for updates, I only had their crappy rom for 10 days before moving on. Now I'm on Kitkat 4.4.3 with ART enabled which makes it quite smooth. I didn't install any google apps either, I'm better off without their battery drain. The developers have even introduced OTG on the phone, though I haven't tested it yet. Only tradeoff is that MHL doesn't seem to work but I don't use it anyway.

• 2014-07-10 22:59
  • S4nq

> In reply to Miguelinares @ 2014-06-23 01:25 from YbmK - click to readHeres some things you can try.

-take out the battery for a minute?
Go to apps > all > Camera > clear data and cache. (backup photos first as im not sure it will or will not delete your immages as ive never tried this).

- Download a other camera app from the play store to make sure its not just the camera app that is broken.

Use this one only if your comfortable with it.

-Open dailer and type in 3845#*880# a new hidden menu should pop open.

Then go to the following:

Device test> All Auto Test Menu-Full > Camera Test > Camera Preview.

Here you either get a error or a crash in which case you take out the battery or you see the camera working and you press the center square to focus and take a photo.
Then press pass if the photo was taken correctly.
It will automaticly start taking a video and make some bleeps. and after 7 or so seconds show a video play sign. Press play.
If it replays fine the hardware is alright. If these tests fail its possible the camera module or rom have a error.

So if that does not work theres 1 more thing you can try as last resort.

- Backup your entire Phone and do a factory rest (settings > back-up and reset > factory reset)

If that fails You need to return it.

BTW after you hidden menu use your keys will keep lighted up.
you need to restart the Phone to fix this. Goog luck and let me know how it ended.

• 2014-06-24 14:30

LG P880 Optimus 4X HD - Error with the camera and bad customer service from LG

I want to put my claim because after 6 months of buying this phone on Amazon.com, from one day to another, the photo camera broke down, I have not beaten and I have not installed anything.
I formatted my memory, also utilisé the factory restore option but so far the problem continues.
5 months ago I wrote to Amazon.com and received no response, then I wrote to LG and they told me to go to a customer service office, ask them the address and received no more response from you.
Here I leave the video not to buy this product from me I do not know anything about LG

• 2014-06-23 01:25
  • YbmK

> In reply to Ankit @ 2014-06-22 14:52 from 7qGt - click to readi can but frankly these modern games DRAIN the battery at a insane speed.
If you really want to game your better off with one of tthe newer devices whic have a 22 or 28mn chip rather then a 40nm.

They last over 4 hours where with asphalt 8 my battery lasts less then 2 hours!

Its fine for my normal light use as i last up to 3 days on a charge but for gaming there are better devices these days.

After all this is a outdated device by now.

• 2014-06-22 19:45
  • iJg@

can i play heavy games like
asphalt 8, gta san andreas and injustice god among us in this mobile without hanging

• 2014-06-22 14:52
  • 7qGt

> In reply to logi @ 2014-06-18 15:34 from 3q5K - click to readthe fact that it lasts 1 day is irrelevant without further details.

-how long is your screen on timeon a full charge without gaming ? (gaming drains the battery verry fast on EVERY device)
-do you have gps , bluetooth, auto sync on or off?
-do you use 3g and how good is your signal strength and quality? (i went to a different provider with poor coverage and it cost me 1 hour screen on time with 3g usage...)
-do you have apps with adds ? (these apps constantly load new adds over wifi or 3g which eats data and battery)
-whats your brightness sett on?
-what is your stanby drain in % with 3g overnight (8 to 10 hours) it shouldbe no more then 5-7%
-do you use 2.5 or 5 ghz wifi? de 5ghz uses more power.
Do you use your Phone briefly lots of times or do you use it for 15 min or longer sessions? longer sessions heat upthe battery and hot batterys drain quicker. rubber covers can increase heating and make the batt drain quicker. a Phone/tablet last the longest if you use it for short periods all the time rater then long periods sometimes as the battery gets to cool down and settle.

Theres loads of things to consider when posting battery life on the net! ! ! !
By not doing this i dont take you serious as i dont even have 5% of the details and its highly likely that you give people a wrong impression which really buggs me.

• 2014-06-18 21:09
  • iJg@

> In reply to Ollie @ 2014-06-13 16:00 from 3cmV - click to readThats all normal. Apart from the lagging which is caused by either a bad installed app or rooting being done wrong.

Again i run this Phone at 2x 650 mhz instead of 4x 1500 and its superfast and smooth all the time but i barely have any app installed.

So do a factory reset and stay away from apps for a week and see how it preforms then.

• 2014-06-18 21:00
  • iJg@

> In reply to m_r_c @ 2014-06-16 10:39 from MA%X - click to readyes this is normal sadly.
a Phone with android 4.3 and 2 gb ram will only have 600 to 800 mb free as android caches whatever it can in the memory..
Once needed it will be removed from the memory and the new app will be loaded.
The only disadvantage this had is for multitasking and battery life.

as multitasking is limited based on free ram and battery life is affected by dumpong memory and reloading memory all the time.
It even loads things you do not use which is a waste of cpu time and battery.
This is not a lg problem tho its a andorid problem.

• 2014-06-18 20:57
  • iJg@

Never again LG!!! The phone sucks big time. I had ICS and then J, then I made a downgrade to ICS again and it still sucks. The battery lasts one day (if I'm lucky), the phone freezes every once in a while so I need to take the battery out. VERY DISSAPOINTED!

• 2014-06-18 15:34
  • 3q5K

> In reply to pino @ 2014-06-09 17:11 from iJg@ - click to readI took two photos with LG Camera, both were taken in the same conditions as the one taken with Google Camera. The focus point was the same. Here's another example - http://s4.postimg.org/t6ubtlp58/image.jpg and http://s4.postimg.org/f1oirsg3x/image.jpg. The first one is from google camera, the second - LG Camera. Color reproduction is much better with GC, and I guess there's more detail as well.

• 2014-06-16 20:02
  • J8KU

Hello,

I updated yesterday to official 4.1.2, but I noticed that the free RAM is now about 100-150 Mb less than with version 4.0.3. Now I only have +/- 300 MB of free RAM. Is normal in this version?
I already disabled MLT (on hidden menu) to get a fast phone, without lag.

Thanks,

• 2014-06-16 10:39
  • MA%X

This phone is awful.I have it since last year's november and it's so sloowwww.The battery get's hot super fast when you are playing games,they begin to lag sometimes even when you press the home button the phone lags for about 10 secs until it enters back home and it is so weak,it can't even last 7 hours when listening to music and looking through pictures or smthn else.It has though some awesome features and i also think that the design is very good and feels good in your hand.

• 2014-06-13 16:00
  • 3cmV

> In reply to Happy @ 2014-06-08 13:03 from J8KU - click to readthat examples are just plain bad.
12 is not in focus the other is.
If you focus correctly they will look identical.

And the rom does not make the Phone more powerfull its still the same hrdware that runs as fine on 4.03

• 2014-06-09 17:11
  • iJg@

> In reply to Happy @ 2014-06-08 13:03 from J8KU - click to readhow do you upgrade it? can you tech me :)

• 2014-06-09 08:53
  • PTGw
Total of 3581 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.