LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to PCU @ 2014-10-13 10:47 from vpcp - click to readIts work really, after installed those programs , started to run better... because really i got and I am really upset of this phone it was running very slow, so I never had Iphones etc, galaxy etc but this phone works worst than other phones which were cheapest, now i feel better because after those programs is running better.. but i still complaining myself why always is over 600 MHZ my ram , overload????? I have the original Custom ROOM

• 2014-10-17 14:03
  • a46d

using the phone in Germany since 7 months. I got an issue called ,reorganizing internal processes, after 3 months. I wanna make a call or semeone wanna call me so the connection totally brakes down the screen goes black and the lovely message above appears. That happens more often by the time. I returned the phone to shops customer care twice allready (thanks God, no root yet and still warranty). on first return the service changed the motherboard and made an update, second time the ,customer care center, could not detect any problem, but I HAVE A PROBLEM making phone calls with that device, my friend has the same problem...After gcalling LG Germany, they told me that they have NO Solution. im hoping that I can return it soon and buy myself a phone which can call... Dont know if this problem only appears in Germany....

• 2014-10-14 17:52
  • Jxk%

> In reply to Nasos @ 2014-09-17 13:53 from phFB - click to readI am not a fan of CM. I don't like its looks and your phone will look out of this world. Though I rooted my phone, I left it on stock rom, installed a custom kernel to max the CPU at 1.7Ghz. To eliminate the lag, I've installed apps from Gejos enterprise, installed Lagfix, installed Xbooster, installed Greenify and installed Battery Calibration.

And voila! Everything runs smooth!

• 2014-10-13 10:47
  • vpcp

> In reply to ollie @ 2014-10-04 23:39 from 3cmA - click to readRoot your phone. Install apps from Gejos enterprise. Install Lagfix, Greenify, XBooster and Battery Calibration. It will run smooth.

• 2014-10-13 10:39
  • vpcp

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-10 13:07 from pWTk - click to readAre you using custom kernel on custom rom? May I ask what rom are you using? I'm on custom kernel on stock rom.

• 2014-10-13 10:35
  • vpcp

> In reply to Jay @ 2014-10-08 06:44 from GxUK - click to read4.
No major bugs, stable performance and batterylife.
With custom kernel, I get 19k on antutu.

• 2014-10-10 13:07
  • pWTk

why this mobile phone didn't have any software updates ?
the only software was 4.1.2 and that from almost 1 Years ago and till now there is no any software updates ??

• 2014-10-08 13:43
  • Nk4K

Kindly post your Cyanogenmod 11 review with our LG Optimus 4X HD (P880)

1. Good
2. Bad
3. Better
4. Very Good
5. Awesome
6. Poor

• 2014-10-08 06:44
  • GxUK

> In reply to Ankit @ 2014-06-22 14:52 from 7qGt - click to readi have injustice gods among us on my 4x and it lags sometimes so hord that i would throw my phone out...idk if it is so on other 4x phones but it sucks :(

• 2014-10-04 23:39
  • 3cmA

With android 4.1 vera bad experience. But since i put the cm11 nightly, the Best phone ever.

• 2014-09-30 01:16
  • L9n4

> In reply to Sara @ 2014-09-25 16:46 from MA%p - click to readWell I am trying my phone now after I have uninstalled some applications and now its better than before. I found out that the application called "Muslim Pro" was freezing my phone totally. My phone is still under test till now. It operated 70 continuous hours till now with no problems at all. You can uninstall all the applications and install only your required applications like facebook, whatsapp etc... and try your phone after that. Then, you can install applications one by one to know if there is a specific application that freezes your phone. The only issue I have is that the facebook sometimes exits suddenly (but this is facebook app issue because before the latest upgrade it was better than that).

Hope this helps.

• 2014-09-27 09:03
  • fkYP

> In reply to Zeekus @ 2014-09-17 11:23 from NtHH - click to readhi, did you find any solution? my phone as the exact same problem. ty.

• 2014-09-25 16:46
  • MA%p

First you need to root, unlock bootloader, flash TWRP Recovery and CWM Touch Recovery, and you can do all that from only a program
Download it and run, from that program do what i wrote.
You need ADB drivers and on android 4.1.2
After that, download http://wiki.cyanogenmod.org/w/Google_Apps
and download the latest file from:

After you have rooted, unlocked , flashed ,
shut down your phone, and hold down volume down and power on button to start your phone on recovery mode, and after that clear all data, (back up your data) and install both of the files, IF you need more help you can find more informations from xda developers

• 2014-09-20 20:03
  • m78b

how to install kit kat android from cyanogen?fromwhere to get it,if someone knows please tellme j want to speedup my phone.....thanks

• 2014-09-19 16:37
  • gKB@

• 2014-09-19 16:34
  • gKB@

Very good phone. With android 4.1.2 i had some problems..

It became much better after installing kit kat android from cyanogen...The phone is really fast now and everything works perfect and smooth. Everyone that has that phone should update to cyanogenMod android cm11...

For information about the cm11 installation check at xda developers forum.

• 2014-09-17 13:53
  • phFB

I have had this phone for over a year now.

The phone specs are perfect for any standard user. But I had some problems and wanted to ask about one thing, maybe someone could answer me.

I am running on stock firmware since I bought the phone. I use the phone and it is perfect for me. When I installed lots of apps I found the phone a bit laggy. So I removed most of the unwanted apps and left only the apps I wanted and the phone is now perfect. Currently I have another problem, while the phone was locked it freezes. Even when I call my phone from another phone it does not show up anything at all while the phoning call shows that it is ringing. It freezes completely and the screen does not light up anymore until I remove the battery and put it on again then switch on the.phone

• 2014-09-17 11:23
  • NtHH

I have had this phone for over a year now.

• 2014-09-17 11:22
  • NtHH

> In reply to Snoopy_LGP880 @ 2014-09-14 13:55 from pq4f - click to readReset your Phone these are software problems and they are caused by bad apps bad rooting or screwing with stuff that shouldnt be touched.

The ony way to run 4.4 is custom roms and they almost NEVER make your Phone better and certainly dont make your battery last longer if you manage it correctly on the suggested best v10h rom.

• 2014-09-15 04:22
  • iJg@

> In reply to Snoopy_LGP880 @ 2014-09-14 13:55 from pq4f - click to readHey Snoopy... You can certainly upgrade the software to Android KitKat, by installing Cyanogenmod's ROM.

There is no release candidate for the CM11, the Nightly is fine, since the developers are constantly upgrading the software.

I have a Galaxy S2 (from 2011) with CM11 (Android 4.4.4) on it. Installing is very easy IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

If you don't know what you're doing, then REFRAIN from doing the installation, since you can "brick" your phone and make it completely unusable.

Make a wise decision! ;)

• 2014-09-15 00:56
  • LkdY
Total of 3626 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.