I've had the same problem as the previous user. The phone was okay for the first 18-24 months, but after that became terribly slow. Loading the home screen can take tens of seconds, and major lag is noticeable in most places. I've tried returning to factory settings and cleaning the cache, but they don't help. I would not recommend LG phones.
In the beginning I was very happy with this phone. Phone was really good looking: appearance, display quality, camera shots (had some problems with focus, not smooth focus), the UI appearance was very nice for me. Weather widget looked great. But after some time of usage it began to lag as sh*t. Even to open a phonebook last about 15-20 sec. When I was going back to home screen, every icon of apps was loading once again and at that time phone is completely unusable. For navigation to start working (finding location) it took about 10 min.. Battery was very weak, drains in your eyes. When using browser (especially on wi-fi) phone gets very laggy. Then I was very disappointed and really angree, I wanted to change this phone as soon as possible. But then I found a solution. I've disabled MLT function and used Nova launcher. Then phone became highly usable without almost any lag. At the end of the warranty I decided to root this phone and flash custom ROM. I tried various of them CM 11, 12, MM, Nameless, Resurection Remix, omniROM, Enox ReloadedFx, BlisPop (which was highly usable and really nice visually, but sometimes it crashed and had some bugs. Really liked its enhanced camera and sound) and finally I tried Zaiben, which I am using now and it is the most stable of all them and really smooth with decent battery life. I phone would be working like this from the beginning I think I would had very good opinion about it, but now I think my next phone will not be LG. At least at this moment. I think next gen LG mobile phones are really good, advanced, but they are too big and I doubt about their battery.
Extra phone...some help if someone know how to delete files,picture and video from "auto backup" folder...thanks...
Amr Labib Sean Micha, 12 May 2016ok my friend, i found it only 184 mb? is that the one you mean:
https://www.androidfilehost.c... moreYes, this is the one. & yes, everything seems to be working fine. Make sure to backup your current ROM in case you don't like the new one so you can always go back.
btw, the link appears to be broken because GSMArena is inserting a soft hyphen inside it for some reason. remove it and boom it works!
IndianSword, 06 May 2016sure! I'm running Euphoria version 1.0-p880-20150130 (Android 5.0.2), here's a download link h... moreok my friend, i found it only 184 mb? is that the one you mean:
you tried it well? speedy? doesn't have major problems? is everything working well? wifi? mobile data? networks? camera? playstore and call quality??
Amr Labib Sean Micha, 06 May 2016what is the name of that rom,, could u provide links please?sure! I'm running Euphoria version 1.0-p880-20150130 (Android 5.0.2), here's a download link https://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=95916177934520325 and here's the XDA thread http://forum.xda-developers.co...ial-t2991731 (i'm not running the latest version of Euphoria because it's not as stable as 20150130)
I've had this phone since its launch and I lost it once, then I bought another one of the same model! I'm running a custom ROM and it's super smooth & never overheats.
I am also happy with the P880 after taking root, removing blootware and installing the Tegra Overlock.
juste don't buy it buy anything else this is my opinion don't do the same error like me this is a buggy phone bug bug bug bug bug bug
I've used that phone for 3 years now. The first year was fine and I was happy with the phone. After this problems started. Today it is extremely laggy, has to be restarted a couple of times every week, even though I've made a complete factory reset twice. Also poor quality of the plastic frame (broke off on the bottom) and the volume control buttons are not working anymore. All in ll I've been disappointed and my next phone will not be a LG again.
slavko, 28 Jan 2016Hi all,
I use this phone for 2 years. In beggining it was great phone. No lags, nice picture... moreFirst of all, if you expect smooth performance from a 4-year-old smartphone you wouldn't be running stock android(with all the bloatware and lagging manufacturer services). You'd be running a custom AOSP rom. Then you wouldn't have such problems. I'm using an L7 II P710 with CM10.2 and it's butter smooth, even if LG took a shit on the device's drivers.
Yes, the S5 is indeed a much better device, but your comparison is pointless. It's like comparing Golf Mk1 to a Ferrari(for example).
I use this phone for 2 years. In beggining it was great phone. No lags, nice pictures from camera - was great. Last 1 year it was very bad. Maybe some apps uses more resourses. The phone works very slow, and a lots of lags. Every night the phone was put to recharge. I try with phone reset, but that not helps too. Last week I sold it , and buy Samsung Galaxy S5. Now everything is OK , and I`m happy with my new phone. Good luck to LG, but I decide to change it :)
Anonymous, 05 Jan 2016I've had the phone for around 2 years and half, but my general opinion it's that is been a hug... morebattery life is the best ive seen if it was poor it was your fault (if you didnt have the version with sd slot).
i easely get 8 hours screen on time spread over 3/4 days standby with wifi and bluetooth alwasy on but i do manage my Phone manualy as everyone should.
Syncing crap uses a gazillion of your battery therefore it should Always be disabled and done manualy.
I never heard of the button breaking so its either you that presses it to hard (these buttons are not desinged fot that or you had it in your pants where theres presure on it which in my opinion is a nono aswell.
UI lagging is also someting i NEVER had any issues with itdss Always smooth so im starting to think your using a bad app causing cpu usage all the time or leaking memory making the ui lag.
Network signal has nothing to do with the Phone but with your operator.
Im currently mobing and in the old house i have 1005 coverage but in the new house i have less then 20% at best.
This is causing an aditional 15% a day drain while on 2g which might be some of your issue again.
I use chrome and never have a problem with heating maby some other browser has a bug keeping the cpu active.
so id try a reset first and run a while without extra crapware on the Phone.
It might be as simple as a bad app killing your Phone.
For one dont use facebook apps but open facebook on the mobile website same looks and the only thing you will lack is notifications when someone goes to the bathroom or cuddles a goat but you will get way better battery life.
I've had the phone for around 2 years and half, but my general opinion it's that is been a huge disappointment for the money i payed for it (around 270 euro).
The issues I've had:
- low battery life, in the beginning it used to last around 2 days, with only moderate whatsapp/internet usage, low number of calls/messages and no other apps, now it lasts for maximum 1 day (I've set the brightness to 11% since the day i bought it which makes it unusable in sunlight, but i don't think it helped)
- the power/unlock button no longer worked after 1 year (had to push it very hard before it reacted), the warranty solved that...but i guess it's only a matter of time before it breaks again...
- the UI lagged since the day of purchase and still does so..
- network signal issues inside buildings with a lot of floors, I've recently changed the network provider and the issue seems even worse now (the mobile data connection works in whatsapp only if i open the app, i generally do not receive the whatsapp messages if i don't manually start the app to check for them...this didn't happen with the other provider, but i'm pretty sure it's related to the phone antenna quality also..)
- constant call quality issues (probably related to the network signal issues, but i'm not sure)
- I've tried some newer camera apps/taxi service apps and they lagged very badly (gave up on that)
- very high RAM usage, around 700-800 MB while doing nothing (and i have a lot of the bloatware apps force stopped/disabled from settings)
- it overheats when browsing (?!?!?), it's annoying to hold it in your hand, but it's not exactly burning you to the point you have to drop it, so i can't even imagine what would happen in some demanding game (never tested games on it)
- never had issues with the camera and I like the pictures/movies it takes
- the display has nice colors and good quality in general (I loved watching movies on it)
- the sound is good (when the network connection works)
- the Gorilla Glass proved useful, but I still managed to scratch it in one corner (should have used protective foil sooner....)
- it's very well build (durable) as I dropped it a couple of times (from low heights and on soft surfaces, like carpets)
I'll buy a new battery and try the Cyanogenmod 11 to see if i can squeeze some more life/usage out of it, but I wouldn't recommend this phone (or any LG phone) to anyone who asks...
Abel, 29 Jul 2015had dis phone since wen it came out bt stil workin perfect.Phone is preety good looking smooth wprking .....but consumes mush battery if i use or not poor battery