LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to stefnstuff @ 2015-03-16 21:36 from nvZR - click to readyou need to compare a Phone to its direct competitors at the time of release not to a Phone released after...

it was released in a time where they were improving rapidly and its better in EVERY way compared to its direct competitor.
now there are better Phone but this Phone is almost 3 years old...

mine btw still works great without a single issue and 4+ hours screen on time so...

people expect to much and compare to the wrong phones.

• 2015-03-27 16:44
  • iJg@

> In reply to stefnstuff @ 2015-03-16 21:36 from nvZR - click to readI bought this phone simply for the fact that it was 5K-6K cheaper than Samsung GS3, in Dec 2012. Man did I have to pay ??? This phone is a DISASTER and LG should be ashamed of this. I faced all the problems faced by stefnstuff. Still regret it.... finally gave up in Oct 2014.

• 2015-03-25 23:14
  • YUjk

I've had this phone for over 2 years now, and i'm not very happy with it. Let's talk about the cool stuff first, though. Unbreakable: i literally dropped this phone 10000 times (not literally, tbh), and it never broke. not even a scratch. also, when i have wet hands and i need to use my phone, everything's absolutely fine. the touchscreen reacts really fast and normally. thx gorilla glass, i guess.
well, and that's already all about positive stuff. let's get going...
handiness. its pretty difficult to hold in your hand. since it's pretty big, and the 'on/off button' is on the top side of the phone, which makes it kinda difficult to like... hold. at least for me.
also, after 1 year of owning the phone, the on/off button wasn't reacting as fast anymore, it's really slow and i have to push it really hard for it to react. (yes, that happened after 1 year, i've had it for 2 years)
design and interface. welp. i don't like it much. it's meh. the keyboard looks really 'uncool'... i have a launcher app and a keyboard app installed to make it look cooler. yeah.
APPS. great. i have tons of apps installed, and idk if a phone is supposed to be able to handle all of these apps, but i guess so. a good phone at least. (2 years ago, when i bought it, i didn't expect to be using so many apps in the future) i have facebook, facebook messenger, instagram, snapchat, kik, telegram, skype, youtube, spotify, and various other apps installed. (am i addicted to apps? oh man...) well, it's actually pretty fast. but, as soon as you try to use different apps at the same time, it gets really slow or shuts down completely. yes, it shuts down. and it won't turn on unless you take the battery out and put it in again. this started happening to me after 1 1/5 years, and it happens everyday, multiple times. which is really REALLY annoying.
sometimes it does that when i don't do anything too. like when i just wanna look at the time or something. it's like BYE.
maybe i'm asking for too much. probably. yeah i am. lets face it.
CAMERA. back then, i wanted to have a phone purely to take nice pictures. i love photography and taking pictures of lots of cool stuff. BUT. the quality is so bad. let's be real. i liked it in the beginning. it was ok. it is ok. there's an option for HDR pictures. which is so bad. those pictures look so bad.
also the front camera is crap. but first, let me take a blurred, dark, bad quality selfie. *DANCES*
the camera of the p880 needs good lighting. like, really good lighting. it has to be bright as shit. otherwise your picture won't show anything other than PURE DARKNESS. when you try to turn the brightness up in the camera options, it just makes it worse. the picture gets all grainy.
so yeah the camera was the first thing i was disappointed of.
battery duration is pretty good when you don't use any apps. listening to music for a few hours works fine.
yes this is my review for the lg p880. more negative than positive, but i needed to vent. thinking about buying a sony xperia z3 compact. im buying a nice camera too so i dont care about the camera quality anymore. i just need a fast phone. i have zero patience for a slow phone.
yay, great, love, stef

• 2015-03-16 21:36
  • nvZR

My 4x HD pauses everytime I play plants vs zombies for example and/or when I watch a youtube video.. please advice.

• 2015-03-16 12:46
  • t7uq

A tough build. Had fallen so many times from my hand but nothing is broken.

• 2015-03-12 23:53
  • IVSt

> In reply to syrian @ 2015-03-05 11:34 from aX86 - click to readyou can upgrade the phone to jelly bean 4.1.2
go to this adress: http://www.lg.com/uk/support/software-manuals
and click on "SOFTWARE UPDATE" and do all the steps

• 2015-03-09 19:23
  • 0ZHm

Using this phone for more than 2 years,and its working good except it freezes sometimes but thats not a big deal considering android.Build quality of the phone seems to be flimsy but trust me it fells many times from than 5 ft height and its just the same without crack or so.wonderfull phone with great display and performance.Nice work LG

• 2015-03-08 07:03
  • vIdq

I bought this phone 2013, never failed me. Great response time between apps, good camera according to price and it fell like 50 times from different heights and survived a lot of water. Luckily Im still using it now, to write this opinion whilst bring high on weed and sippin rum. Anyway, this phone never failed, I recommend this shit to everyone. Truth is, Gandalf has been using the same phone in the times of Sylmarion, created by the dark necromacer. Peace!

• 2015-03-06 22:40
  • 313r

I havd this phone from the beggining 2013 ice cream sandwhish
I want to upgrad it geallybean
How?
Answere me pls

• 2015-03-05 11:34
  • aX86

> In reply to Amr7 @ 2015-02-13 14:19 from fk7E - click to readyou bought a 2012 Phone and expect it to compete with a 2014 Phone while phones have a average lifespan of 9 months?

btw there is nothing wrong with the Phone at app mine still runs great even tho i replaced the touchscreen with a fake one after it went flying.

maby you should post what you think is wrong with it so we can point out what your doing wrong or if your expecting unrealistic things rather then just bash a perfectly fine Phone.

• 2015-02-13 22:03
  • iJg@

After about 4 months of using , I've installed CyanoGenMOD 11 on my P880 after just two weeks from buying it .
But I finally realized that the problem isn't the Stock ROM , the problem is the phone itself .
It's awful , antique and has a lot of problems .
I hate my phone , I will sell it at any price so I can buy a new Chinese phone .
They are cheap and have a lot of advantages .
Lets say for example the great One+ .

• 2015-02-13 14:19
  • fk7E

> In reply to marinian @ 2015-02-08 13:09 from 0UYi - click to readwith FolderMount [ROOT] app you can move anything you like in sd card

• 2015-02-09 14:13
  • 3drj

> In reply to welly @ 2014-09-01 18:18 from NqX} - click to readwhat have you found out about moving aplications to the sd card? is there a solution? I can hardly wait for your response. write to me on my email please.

• 2015-02-08 13:19
  • 0UYi

Is there anyone who knows how you can move aplications/or install them directly on the sd card on LGp880? what is that I can do to release the ram on it?

• 2015-02-08 13:09
  • 0UYi

> In reply to neda @ 2015-02-07 19:57 from 3qR6 - click to readmeanwhile i have this Phone almost 3 years and is still flawless as when it was new. never hangs never reboots never lags and that with 2 cores disabled 4.0 android and remaining 2 cores at 650 mhz.

i once more blame all the terribly crap apps people install and still expect there Phone to work.
its like installing viruses and mallware on windows and still expecting a functional pc.

its not the phones fault the Phone was simply the best of its generation.
newer genrations are way better sure but you cant compare it with that its just a old Phone now but still flawless.

• 2015-02-08 01:36
  • iJg@

> In reply to mas39 @ 2014-12-15 11:39 from MJSt - click to readI still live in everyday agony with this phone, so many times did reset everything and starting all over, work ok for about 1 month, and same problem again and again. so sloooow, freezing all the time, eating my nervs...problem is i lost my job, and till i gat new i cant afford new mobile phone, but the same day i do, this one will be thrown directly into wall :D

• 2015-02-07 19:57
  • 3qR6

> In reply to Sandyman007 @ 2015-01-24 13:21 from utVY - click to readi went to a other Phone a few months ago but my lg is still used for some apps and what you say is wrong and most likely caused by something else loke a bas data hogging app like facebook apps.

my Phone has over 18 days standby with wifi on (no sim) so wifi is definitly not a power hogger unless you have bad apps on the Phone.

my advice as with EVERY Phone is root it and use greenify.

• 2015-02-02 20:06
  • iJg@

Works fine. Screen refreshes more frequently than normal. At times the RAM is hogged and it tends to hang. Battery backup is extremely poor when the WiFI or data is turned on. But Stand-By is incredible and can withstand the whole night without losing out on charge. No UPDATES is a big drawback.

• 2015-01-24 13:21
  • utVY

Hi,dear friends.Though I don't have much information about LG products because of limited propagation HERE but I know that this high mid range LG is one of the few lg good qualityHD smartphones!In my opinion with reference to GSMarea specification,comments,reviews,views,now I can say that the design,features,performance of this high mid range P880 lg and others default apps,cameras,wife and browser with respect to time of its production are acceptable and satisfactory even todays!I wish somehow I had more information about LG products and its audio story!!!?Possible!?Nevertheless I wish LG productions make people happy and satisfied as the sign of goodwill!Thanks gsm factwriting for my using its precious factual information.Justice Rights.

• 2015-01-22 08:40
  • auM0

> In reply to jinxx @ 2014-12-18 16:16 from 7wD4 - click to readI have a same problem with p880 about sorting internl process, just switch network mode from 3g to 2g, now it works perfectly, only internet is slow,max 13-14 kB/s.

• 2015-01-21 09:34
  • gFva
Total of 3662 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.