LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to Nishu @ 2012-10-10 05:12 from bCgi - click to readOptimus 4X HD has a better screen, the same battery in terms of lasting, the battery charges faster, the camera is as good as the S3, it's 200$ cheaper and it's build quality is better than the S3.

• 2012-10-10 12:25
  • 0Us%

Can anyone please tell me:
I am willing to buy inbetween LG Optimus 4X HD P880 and Samsung Galaxy S3. In India LGP880 is available at Rs. 27999/- and SG3 is available at Rs. 34999/-, considering the price difference, specifications, brand image and service netwwork, please advice which one to buy?
Also advice whether LGP880 battery last for how long if someone is using it full on like watching movies, listening to music and making calls.
Your revert will be highly appreciated.

Regards
Nishu

• 2012-10-10 05:12
  • bCgi

there is something wrong with the popularity of this device!

• 2012-10-10 03:01
  • t7Xh

> In reply to krassi @ 2012-10-09 20:48 from nuNt - click to readits not a question IF they will update to 4.1 because they simply HAVE to.
if they dont this will be the last phone they ever sell.
people cry about updated so they will have to update now.
im not sure id ever wat 4.1 because i believe this firmware will drain battery faster when using the phone due to the forced 60 fps which requires more battery power then the other firmwares where its not 60 fps forced.
other then that they have a lightweight skin so porting 4.1 should be relatively easy for them compared to the competition but due to the fact they had bad firmware in the past they will do a double and tripple check on it.

• 2012-10-10 01:07
  • iJe8

Why does lg not update their phones?
I have LG4X HD P880 and it is good but I wont recommend it course I think LG will not update to 4.1 I am thinking of selling it and buy s3(which I hate) At least samsung is updating their product.

• 2012-10-09 20:48
  • nuNt

actually i want to buy this one. can u help me about battery back up.

• 2012-10-09 19:52
  • t1$A

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-09 00:47 from P%E9 - click to readso no matter what all the tests with cameras and so on sayyou dont be lieve them?
id say your a troll as the LG simply has the best screen its proven time after time that colours are the most accurate its a fact not a opinion.
that some people like your brother tend to fall for oversaturated doent make the screen better it makes his perception of colour worse.
i like realistic colours nt oversaturated or just plain wrong colours.
not only are the colours in the S3 wrong the led also emits blueish light making white bleuish instead of actual white.
and as for forewarding you know thats just a app you can replace right.
everything in android is APPS APPS APPS.
if you dont like something get a app that changes it its that simple.
thats whi the lg is best it has the most stock android that you can ajust to your taste and wishes you cant do that as easely with the oversized ui of the onex or the s3 as theres many more apps inthere already.

people need to educate themselves over android as its more basic then they think yet more advanced then most people undertand.
you can ajust a LOT with verry LITTLE effort people just are either unaware of this or unwilling to see it.
and we all know what box you have to check if your unwilling to see it yes yes the [Fanboy] box.

unless people start ginving real issues with this pone instead of there uncensored opinion id rather have them stay away from anythig lg related...

• 2012-10-09 18:34
  • iJe8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-09 00:47 from P%E9 - click to readPlease gsm arena remove this blasphemous Anonymity.
try to smear lg's name, make them famous.
I don't think this is your first attempt to slam this nice phone anonymous.
I've seen you here some weeks ago, with your self agrandised comments. You bought s3, one x, 4x, ip5, lumia920? Do u do phone trade? or do i say you don't ve somethin reasonable to do with your time than mumbo-jumbo. i'm sure i reminded you to go get what ever you like. It's a big world.
Seriously, you need to get a life. What do you gain in telling blatant untruth.
Look how you occupied a whole page with with grammatical blunder, no single clear point.
Looks like it's time to report some people.
This is lg's page. Guys am i talking sense?

• 2012-10-09 11:22
  • fuN1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-09 00:47 from P%E9 - click to readYou said a lot of crap, and didn't even say why the 4X isn't good...nice try sammy! Iphone and WP are rubbish compared to Android. If you have that much money to spend, you shouldn't have bought the 4X, because you rich guys don't know how these gadgets work, only buy them based on their reputation. 4X is a great phone, which has a better screen than One X and especially than the S3, with its oversaturated screen which looks very unnatural. The battery lasts almost a day for the 4X and the S3. Needless to say that the LG is 200$ cheaper and with better build quality. Sticks and stones may brake my bones...

• 2012-10-09 01:42
  • 0UsW

> In reply to freak4u @ 2012-10-08 17:50 from Hkqn - click to readI'm using the same phone right now (P880 in white). Used to be using the HTC One X since May, then purchase the SGS3 to use for one of my other phone number. My wife like the GS3, so she took it to replace her iPhone 4S. Then I purchased the P880 out of curiosity - was having the thought to try another quad core phone...and that's the mistake I made, because I should have got a GS3 instead!

I've all 3 of the quad core phone with me, so I can tell which is best (at least in my own opinion as a real user). I do not care what people or manufacturer have to say or claim how good their screens are or how good resolution or whatever, as my own eyes will not lie to me!

My brother is also using the HTC One X, and at first (few months back) he said that the AMOLED color on the GS3 screen looked fake (too vibrant & blueish), but after his wife brought the GS3 and using it for a while, my brother even changed his mind and told me the other day that the GS3 screen is best compare to his HTC One X screen! So I guess this proof that I'm not wrong!?

Anyway, if I have the choice to choose again, I'll go for the GS3 (particularly the AMOLED screen), the HTC One X is nice too, but the UI, although is nice, those "links" are confusing. Also the One X took the longest time to fully charge. One good feature I must mention about the HTC - after you forwarded your number & which to cancel it, all you need is to wipe down the "curtain" from the top, and just press the "X" to disable. It is stupid in the P880, every time you want to forward to the same number, you must re-enter the number (no record!), and when you want to disable the forward function, you have to go to setting and do the whole process, which is kind of dumb!

I'm not a Samsung fans...used to hate Samsung products!

Glad that you enjoy your P880, but I'm selling it for the HTC 8X or Nokia 920. Maybe I'll just replace it with my new iPhone 5 when it arrive (had the black one but scratched, so I've sold it & ordered the white one).

• 2012-10-09 00:47
  • P%E9

LG has 6 phones in top 10 daily popularity. Life's Good at last!

• 2012-10-08 21:37
  • 0UsW

> In reply to javk @ 2012-10-08 14:23 from whCZ - click to readofficially not.

but you can use it

• 2012-10-08 19:23
  • J9mH

The phone just costs 27000 while the sgs3 costs 35000... I can get an optimus and a PSP at that price ! seriously , Samsung!!

• 2012-10-08 18:26
  • t}FU

• 2012-10-08 18:25
  • t}FU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-10-08 17:22 from P%E9 - click to readits screen is better than htc one x & sg3, never lags and nice UI and a good quad core beast. BTW why will I sell my phone, if I am completely satisfied with it???

• 2012-10-08 17:50
  • Hkqn

The worst quad core phone out there ... do not have to trust me, just try out the phone for yourself before you put out your hard earn money. Do not purchase without trying the phone thoroughly for yourself, or best to try the other high end handsets to make comparison before making decision.

One advantage of this phone over the HTC One X or SGS3 is the charging time - much shorter compare to the other 2 handsets. Although the selling price is lower compare to the One X or SGS3, but the resale value is terrible ... you will end up losing more money compare to the HTC One X or GS3!

• 2012-10-08 17:22
  • P%E9

> In reply to eFiJy @ 2012-10-08 15:13 from 0UsW - click to readbest phone till now after g note & it supports 64gb :)

• 2012-10-08 16:46
  • Hkqn

> In reply to Alif Sang Fakir @ 2012-10-08 07:40 from vfxa - click to readits a high end phone joker.

• 2012-10-08 16:18
  • iJe8

> In reply to javk @ 2012-10-08 14:23 from whCZ - click to readOf course it supports 64 GB...gsmarena didn't bother to modify this.

• 2012-10-08 15:13
  • 0UsW

Some says it support 64 gb sd ,,but gsmarena says up to 32gb ..Does it really support 64 gb?

• 2012-10-08 14:23
  • whCZ
Total of 3540 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.