LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to pino @ 2014-02-11 17:01 from mbx4 - click to readPino you have no idea what you are on about, I haven't even updated my phone a single time so you're jusy going on for no utter reason. The fact is it is one of the worst phones I have ever known, as they say you get what you pay for, but actually this phone isn't even woth £10 never mind £150. It's unfortunate because since then LG have been churning out one brilliant phone after another, I will probably wait for the LG G4 as I'm waiting for the s810 chip.

• 2014-08-28 02:51
  • 3Jer

fuking camera pink spot issue, how to fix it ? please helppppp

• 2014-08-27 19:06
  • tR$x

This phone is now total humiliation, the touchscreen doesn't even work now, it's total shit in every way. My 5 year old Nokia n900 is still working normally, those who are repeatedly backing this phone must be part of LG's PR stunt and being paid handsomely by them. I'm just waiting for the next generation of phablets with the QHD screens and either an s805 or s810 chips and this phone will finally disappear in the bin where it belongs, cannot wait.

• 2014-08-26 04:26
  • 3Jer

You can let yourselves fooled by the ones below me that are saying how good this phone is by rooting and flashing custom ROMs and kernels. Well, let me tell you that I never had a much worse phone than this.
I tried every single custom rom, cyanogenmod etc. with the same poor results.
Poor battery, very poor multitasking performance and at least for me, very bad performance even in not so very demanding games.
This year I had on my hands Lg l9, htc desire 500, htc one s and galaxy s3. Optimus 4x it's equal with s3. Both phones have so much lag in any kind of tasks and it shouldn't be like this. plus of this, it gets hot as hell when you are just browsing the internet and nothing more. Htc one S S4 version was the indubitable king for me and I regret so much because I sold it, thinking at optimus 4x being an upgrade. Failed!
Optimus 4x has his few good points too: great quality in call volume, very good screen brightness and solid construction. But this is it. If you want a very cheap and very good phone, get HTC One sS s4 version, Motorola Moto G. Lg Nexus 4 it's another decent phone which is worth trying.
If I would have another chance to buy this phone I would not do it.
Well, the decision is only yours, guys. I hope I helped.

• 2014-08-24 07:45
  • nDQR

-clockworkmod 6.0.4.5
-iodak kernel v10
-beanstalk rom 23/7/14(kitkat 4.4.4)
-nova launcher 3.0.2 + hologlass theme
-cpu clocked at 1.7ghz, gpu at 600mhz
I have no any problem with my phone, everything is so smooth
Games like modern combat 5, gta sa etc runs on decent fps with max details

• 2014-08-23 12:31
  • 3s4x

to upgrade to kitkat, you need to root the phone, install a custom recovery (like clockwork mod or TWRP) then install a custom ROM (I have been running CM11 nightly with great success so far)

• 2014-08-21 23:15
  • 0gQy

> In reply to chandra @ 2014-08-14 08:16 from X{9s - click to readHello Chandra,

Am also facing the same problem can anyone able to provide a solution for this issue with us

• 2014-08-19 22:58
  • GxUJ

Hai chandra am facing the problem...

• 2014-08-15 08:08
  • uunw

Please help me how to update LG Optimus 4X HD P880 to kikat vertion

• 2014-08-14 10:35
  • utdR

Hi. I am using p880 since 2years, there is any software updates for my mobile. Battery backup is very poor. Hw can solve my prob.

• 2014-08-14 08:16
  • X{9s

> In reply to stole91 @ 2014-07-13 14:29 from 3s4x - click to readplease teach me how to Root My LG 4X HD 4.1.2,, Thanks

• 2014-08-12 13:46
  • 6pDn

> In reply to Keepsmile @ 2014-08-08 10:46 from MfyR - click to read1 complaint of a Phone that broke is no excuse not to buy something as theres a few million users so thats way below the normal failure rate.

Anyway this Phone is almost 2 years old now and even tho i love it and still think back then it was the best Phone there was for the money you should look further.
Tech had grown insanely fast and battery life has doubled.
most midrange phones now as as fast or faster and use less power and last longer.

• 2014-08-10 13:13
  • iJg@

> In reply to Miguelinares @ 2014-06-23 01:25 from YbmK - click to readThank you so much as I thought to buy it. But, now no way

• 2014-08-08 10:46
  • MfyR

I have lg p880 tamil fonts are not displaying correctly,what is the reason ,wht should be installed?

• 2014-08-07 09:12
  • rKaC

Phone goes completely mute when in call and there is also an increase in call drops recently ... anyone facing same issue.

• 2014-08-05 14:43
  • rKHU

I have LG P880.The problem with my phone is that when someone is calling me, the phone doesn't ring.I receive the call, but no sounds at all.Does anyone have the same problem? Or what should I do? Thanks.

• 2014-08-04 22:03
  • ajUH

> In reply to tamer7 @ 2014-07-17 03:56 from fuGK - click to readCould you tell me how to do it the procedure and also post the links
My 4x is on 4.0.3 rooted

• 2014-07-19 22:11
  • U{DM

Running Beanstalk 4.4.4007 with iodak kernel v10 for 2 days now and loving it. Beanstalk is very customizable; allowed me to add NFC, Torch, and Auto-rotation lock toggles to the Quick Settings pull-down screen, while nexus users are still waiting for google to add such toggle (like the auto-rotation) to the QS on their phones (currently only shows up on tablets). Even the power menu is customizable, allowing to add things like screenshot, screen recorder, etc.
It can be a bit confusing at first, with so many options available. For example, after flashing BS and GApps, I found I have three launchers (Trebuchet, Nova, and Google). Not a bad thing. I tried each one and quickly sided with Nova Launcher. Wouldn't have known what I'd be missing had I chosen to flash CyanogenMod 10.1.3 stable :)
last note, I also flashed the Stock LG/JB Camera app ( http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2288917 ). Only the front-facing camera doesn't work in it, but works with the stock camera in Beanstalk.
Simply, Beanstalk ROCKS!

• 2014-07-17 03:56
  • fuGK

> In reply to stole91 @ 2014-07-13 14:29 from 3s4x - click to readI tried it out and so far it is much more to my liking than CM11, thank you for the good advice. Very smooth and the dark theme (Dark stalk) really is super awesome! Turned almost all my light themed apps into dark ones and the dark ones became black. So insanely many options and settings I can hardly believe it, must be hundreds of extra settings

• 2014-07-14 18:25
  • S4nq

root your o4x and instal beanstalk rom android 4.4.4. Everything works fine and there is no any lag.

• 2014-07-13 14:29
  • 3s4x
Total of 3617 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.