LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

> In reply to Snoopy_LGP880 @ 2014-09-14 13:55 from pq4f - click to readReset your Phone these are software problems and they are caused by bad apps bad rooting or screwing with stuff that shouldnt be touched.

The ony way to run 4.4 is custom roms and they almost NEVER make your Phone better and certainly dont make your battery last longer if you manage it correctly on the suggested best v10h rom.

• 2014-09-15 04:22
  • iJg@

> In reply to Snoopy_LGP880 @ 2014-09-14 13:55 from pq4f - click to readHey Snoopy... You can certainly upgrade the software to Android KitKat, by installing Cyanogenmod's ROM.

There is no release candidate for the CM11, the Nightly is fine, since the developers are constantly upgrading the software.

I have a Galaxy S2 (from 2011) with CM11 (Android 4.4.4) on it. Installing is very easy IF YOU KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING.

If you don't know what you're doing, then REFRAIN from doing the installation, since you can "brick" your phone and make it completely unusable.

Make a wise decision! ;)

• 2014-09-15 00:56
  • LkdY

HI,

I have LG Optimus 4X HD, and I would like to upgrade the software to KitKat, because with the current software the phone could not worked very well. for instance, getting very slow, during phoning the other partner could not hear anything, and so on.
So could anyone to help me, that how I can upgrade it if it is possible?

Regards,
Snoopy_LGP880

• 2014-09-14 13:55
  • pq4f

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-12 06:45 from nDBn - click to readYou misred me.

My whole point was that they mislead you by saying you can expend your memory whil this is only partly true as you can only use it for a part of your data not all data which they make you beleave.

Its more like additional memory for x purpose rather then expanding memory in general.

You say: memory also referes to storage space for music, photos, movies and so on.

Its not also its actualy the ONLY purpose.

Its like saying you can expand a 4 seat car with more seats by placing items in the trunk. Which gives the car a bigger space but not usable to place people so therefore its still a 4 seat car with storage space for other things.
Its misleading but hopefullt they will bring back this feature in all phones as clearly if you make a effort as a def its possible.

• 2014-09-12 22:42
  • iJg@

> In reply to pino @ 2014-09-02 18:52 from iJg@ - click to readmemory is not only installed app memory, memory also referes to storage space for music, photos, movies and so on... so lighten up on marketing tricks ;)

• 2014-09-12 06:45
  • nDBn

> In reply to welly @ 2014-09-01 18:18 from NqX} - click to readthis is NOT possible. Its often advertised by ALL brands that you can expand the memort with sd but this is a marketing trick and since 4.0 it is no longer possible with 1 exception.
Phones that were upgraded from 2.2/2.3 to 4.x van still do this because of the way the update is done.
If your Phone came with 4.0 or 4.1 its not possible.
Those phones generaly can just use the SD for music movies or photo storage nothing else (unless you attatch it to the pc ofcourse)

However there is light at the end of the tunnel.
I dropped my lg last week and bought a asus zenfone 6. with this Phone (android 4.3) the devs made a effort to once more move data to the SD so you get a fully working sd rather then just movies photo and music storage.

• 2014-09-02 18:52
  • iJg@

> In reply to Jay @ 2014-09-01 03:47 from GxUK - click to readThe only way to get better battery life is to root and downclock the cpu ditch bad apps like facebook and mail from the Phone and use the website version to check.
or get a extended battery but those are ugly and make the Phone incompattible with all protective covers.

And in realty even tho im satisfied wit the Phone the tegra3 was never supposed to go into phones and never should have bin considered. It was designed for tablets which have a much bigger battery.

however with tweaking a lot is possible. i managed to get the use down to 3% overnight by using 2g instead of 3g (messages will still come in) by shutting down 2 cores and clocking the other 2 cores down to 640 mhz.
the end result was 5 hour screen on time which for a Phone designed in 2011 and released in 2012 is quite inpressive.

Another thing you shouldnt do with this Phone is install firmware 4.1.2 its just a bad piece of software. v10H is the best rom for the 4x HD.

• 2014-09-02 18:48
  • iJg@

Hi, i am recently bought SD card but i dont know how to move apps on it ...as i know there must be "move to sd card" but LG does not have this....would anyone help me ?!!

• 2014-09-01 18:18
  • NqX}

> In reply to pino @ 2014-08-30 16:50 from iJg@ - click to readHello Pino,

We too accepting about the performance due to Nvidia Tegra 3 and what is the use of this performances without life (Battery Life) ?

And how much possible to rectify this issue ?

• 2014-09-01 03:47
  • GxUK

> In reply to mas39 @ 2014-08-28 02:51 from 3Jer - click to readIts not a bad Phone theres just a LOT of bad users that dont know how to use a smartphone correctly.
This pone can do everythig the G2 and G3 can do and do it just as smooth.

Simple fact si that there are a LOT of happy users out there so the handfull of people complaining are doing something wrong or its a different issue but the Phone clearly works fine.

• 2014-08-30 16:50
  • iJg@

Hereby i biid you farewell. Im forced to move on as i just dropped my phone right after i made a new rom and had it russing verry smooth with 5 hours screen on 3G+Wifi.

I will be moving to the zenfone 6.

• 2014-08-28 18:34
  • 0r{F

> In reply to pino @ 2014-02-11 17:01 from mbx4 - click to readPino you have no idea what you are on about, I haven't even updated my phone a single time so you're jusy going on for no utter reason. The fact is it is one of the worst phones I have ever known, as they say you get what you pay for, but actually this phone isn't even woth £10 never mind £150. It's unfortunate because since then LG have been churning out one brilliant phone after another, I will probably wait for the LG G4 as I'm waiting for the s810 chip.

• 2014-08-28 02:51
  • 3Jer

fuking camera pink spot issue, how to fix it ? please helppppp

• 2014-08-27 19:06
  • tR$x

This phone is now total humiliation, the touchscreen doesn't even work now, it's total shit in every way. My 5 year old Nokia n900 is still working normally, those who are repeatedly backing this phone must be part of LG's PR stunt and being paid handsomely by them. I'm just waiting for the next generation of phablets with the QHD screens and either an s805 or s810 chips and this phone will finally disappear in the bin where it belongs, cannot wait.

• 2014-08-26 04:26
  • 3Jer

You can let yourselves fooled by the ones below me that are saying how good this phone is by rooting and flashing custom ROMs and kernels. Well, let me tell you that I never had a much worse phone than this.
I tried every single custom rom, cyanogenmod etc. with the same poor results.
Poor battery, very poor multitasking performance and at least for me, very bad performance even in not so very demanding games.
This year I had on my hands Lg l9, htc desire 500, htc one s and galaxy s3. Optimus 4x it's equal with s3. Both phones have so much lag in any kind of tasks and it shouldn't be like this. plus of this, it gets hot as hell when you are just browsing the internet and nothing more. Htc one S S4 version was the indubitable king for me and I regret so much because I sold it, thinking at optimus 4x being an upgrade. Failed!
Optimus 4x has his few good points too: great quality in call volume, very good screen brightness and solid construction. But this is it. If you want a very cheap and very good phone, get HTC One sS s4 version, Motorola Moto G. Lg Nexus 4 it's another decent phone which is worth trying.
If I would have another chance to buy this phone I would not do it.
Well, the decision is only yours, guys. I hope I helped.

• 2014-08-24 07:45
  • nDQR

-clockworkmod 6.0.4.5
-iodak kernel v10
-beanstalk rom 23/7/14(kitkat 4.4.4)
-nova launcher 3.0.2 + hologlass theme
-cpu clocked at 1.7ghz, gpu at 600mhz
I have no any problem with my phone, everything is so smooth
Games like modern combat 5, gta sa etc runs on decent fps with max details

• 2014-08-23 12:31
  • 3s4x

to upgrade to kitkat, you need to root the phone, install a custom recovery (like clockwork mod or TWRP) then install a custom ROM (I have been running CM11 nightly with great success so far)

• 2014-08-21 23:15
  • 0gQy

> In reply to chandra @ 2014-08-14 08:16 from X{9s - click to readHello Chandra,

Am also facing the same problem can anyone able to provide a solution for this issue with us

• 2014-08-19 22:58
  • GxUJ

Hai chandra am facing the problem...

• 2014-08-15 08:08
  • uunw

Please help me how to update LG Optimus 4X HD P880 to kikat vertion

• 2014-08-14 10:35
  • utdR
Total of 3628 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.