LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.8
7.6

You can let yourselves fooled by the ones below me that are saying how good this phone is by rooting and flashing custom ROMs and kernels. Well, let me tell you that I never had a much worse phone than this.
I tried every single custom rom, cyanogenmod etc. with the same poor results.
Poor battery, very poor multitasking performance and at least for me, very bad performance even in not so very demanding games.
This year I had on my hands Lg l9, htc desire 500, htc one s and galaxy s3. Optimus 4x it's equal with s3. Both phones have so much lag in any kind of tasks and it shouldn't be like this. plus of this, it gets hot as hell when you are just browsing the internet and nothing more. Htc one S S4 version was the indubitable king for me and I regret so much because I sold it, thinking at optimus 4x being an upgrade. Failed!
Optimus 4x has his few good points too: great quality in call volume, very good screen brightness and solid construction. But this is it. If you want a very cheap and very good phone, get HTC One sS s4 version, Motorola Moto G. Lg Nexus 4 it's another decent phone which is worth trying.
If I would have another chance to buy this phone I would not do it.
Well, the decision is only yours, guys. I hope I helped.

• 2014-08-24 07:45
  • nDQR

-clockworkmod 6.0.4.5
-iodak kernel v10
-beanstalk rom 23/7/14(kitkat 4.4.4)
-nova launcher 3.0.2 + hologlass theme
-cpu clocked at 1.7ghz, gpu at 600mhz
I have no any problem with my phone, everything is so smooth
Games like modern combat 5, gta sa etc runs on decent fps with max details

• 2014-08-23 12:31
  • 3s4x

to upgrade to kitkat, you need to root the phone, install a custom recovery (like clockwork mod or TWRP) then install a custom ROM (I have been running CM11 nightly with great success so far)

• 2014-08-21 23:15
  • 0gQy

> In reply to chandra @ 2014-08-14 08:16 from X{9s - click to readHello Chandra,

Am also facing the same problem can anyone able to provide a solution for this issue with us

• 2014-08-19 22:58
  • GxUJ

Hai chandra am facing the problem...

• 2014-08-15 08:08
  • uunw

Please help me how to update LG Optimus 4X HD P880 to kikat vertion

• 2014-08-14 10:35
  • utdR

Hi. I am using p880 since 2years, there is any software updates for my mobile. Battery backup is very poor. Hw can solve my prob.

• 2014-08-14 08:16
  • X{9s

> In reply to stole91 @ 2014-07-13 14:29 from 3s4x - click to readplease teach me how to Root My LG 4X HD 4.1.2,, Thanks

• 2014-08-12 13:46
  • 6pDn

> In reply to Keepsmile @ 2014-08-08 10:46 from MfyR - click to read1 complaint of a Phone that broke is no excuse not to buy something as theres a few million users so thats way below the normal failure rate.

Anyway this Phone is almost 2 years old now and even tho i love it and still think back then it was the best Phone there was for the money you should look further.
Tech had grown insanely fast and battery life has doubled.
most midrange phones now as as fast or faster and use less power and last longer.

• 2014-08-10 13:13
  • iJg@

> In reply to Miguelinares @ 2014-06-23 01:25 from YbmK - click to readThank you so much as I thought to buy it. But, now no way

• 2014-08-08 10:46
  • MfyR

I have lg p880 tamil fonts are not displaying correctly,what is the reason ,wht should be installed?

• 2014-08-07 09:12
  • rKaC

Phone goes completely mute when in call and there is also an increase in call drops recently ... anyone facing same issue.

• 2014-08-05 14:43
  • rKHU

I have LG P880.The problem with my phone is that when someone is calling me, the phone doesn't ring.I receive the call, but no sounds at all.Does anyone have the same problem? Or what should I do? Thanks.

• 2014-08-04 22:03
  • ajUH

> In reply to tamer7 @ 2014-07-17 03:56 from fuGK - click to readCould you tell me how to do it the procedure and also post the links
My 4x is on 4.0.3 rooted

• 2014-07-19 22:11
  • U{DM

Running Beanstalk 4.4.4007 with iodak kernel v10 for 2 days now and loving it. Beanstalk is very customizable; allowed me to add NFC, Torch, and Auto-rotation lock toggles to the Quick Settings pull-down screen, while nexus users are still waiting for google to add such toggle (like the auto-rotation) to the QS on their phones (currently only shows up on tablets). Even the power menu is customizable, allowing to add things like screenshot, screen recorder, etc.
It can be a bit confusing at first, with so many options available. For example, after flashing BS and GApps, I found I have three launchers (Trebuchet, Nova, and Google). Not a bad thing. I tried each one and quickly sided with Nova Launcher. Wouldn't have known what I'd be missing had I chosen to flash CyanogenMod 10.1.3 stable :)
last note, I also flashed the Stock LG/JB Camera app ( http://forum.xda-developers.co...hp?t=2288917 ). Only the front-facing camera doesn't work in it, but works with the stock camera in Beanstalk.
Simply, Beanstalk ROCKS!

• 2014-07-17 03:56
  • fuGK

> In reply to stole91 @ 2014-07-13 14:29 from 3s4x - click to readI tried it out and so far it is much more to my liking than CM11, thank you for the good advice. Very smooth and the dark theme (Dark stalk) really is super awesome! Turned almost all my light themed apps into dark ones and the dark ones became black. So insanely many options and settings I can hardly believe it, must be hundreds of extra settings

• 2014-07-14 18:25
  • S4nq

root your o4x and instal beanstalk rom android 4.4.4. Everything works fine and there is no any lag.

• 2014-07-13 14:29
  • 3s4x

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-12 18:25 from Ibx1 - click to readI use neither Skype nor the front camera so that I don't know. The other camera have problems in darker conditions on all roms I have tried, including the original though it may have been slightly better. It is indeed Cyanogenmod, official 2014-06-14 nightly, quite stable for me with few bugs. I guess it's all down to preferences so calling the original rom crappy was maybe a bit unfair, just because I couldn't stand it (the lockscreen, the light theme, the notifiction bar, the lack of customization options etc). It's still a shame LG won't update the phone even though it doesn't affect me, as I wouldn't have used it anyway. Not everyone want to void their guarantee after three days as I did.

• 2014-07-13 00:24
  • S4nq

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-10 22:59 from S4nq - click to readWhat is wrong with their 4.1? Works fine , lags here and there but everything works. What kind of 4.4 kitkat did you install? Some generic cyanogen mod? Does your front camera work fine in Skype, it is not too dark?

• 2014-07-12 18:25
  • Ibx1

Good phone as long as you don't depend on LG for updates, I only had their crappy rom for 10 days before moving on. Now I'm on Kitkat 4.4.3 with ART enabled which makes it quite smooth. I didn't install any google apps either, I'm better off without their battery drain. The developers have even introduced OTG on the phone, though I haven't tested it yet. Only tradeoff is that MHL doesn't seem to work but I don't use it anyway.

• 2014-07-10 22:59
  • S4nq
Total of 3633 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.