LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

what do you mean kanye???

• 2013-05-21 12:29
  • fpNJ

> In reply to JoKerSi @ 2013-05-21 10:07 from Mn}N - click to readinstad of simply posting a complaint mabyt make some efford and post your actiual prblems because i have NEVER heard of bluetooth issues call issues and the camera ''issues'' where fixed half a year a go and alternative fixes where available from day 1 if you bothered to look.

say what you have tried what didnt work what apps you have installed and people can help rather then listen to another claim of a bad device which is a 1 off so far based on your info.
ive never seen anyone with your problems so it must be something you did which is fixed by a reset or you have a bad piece of hardware in which case you return it get a new one and its fixed.

• 2013-05-21 11:55
  • mbx4

Is there a way (even by an app) to set different MP3 ringtones to my contacts?

Thanks a lot!

• 2013-05-21 11:43
  • 8U{C

> In reply to JoKerSi @ 2013-05-21 10:07 from Mn}N - click to readI just got this phone & my data servise thing dose not work and ive turnt it all on and still nothing

• 2013-05-21 11:18
  • 2xwQ

I'm using this phone for half year now and it's nothing but trouble.

Most problematic areas:
- camera
- bluetooth
- calls

When working on these fields, i never know when it will lockup, freeze, auto-restart,..., everytime it gets in slow motion (so much for 4 hi-speed cores).

I called service, they say i can send them phone, but all they will do is master reset!? So problems are there to stay, if you intend to use it, but if you intend to just look at it and make an occasional call, then it can be accepted.

I found out, that it helps, if i manualy restart it at least once a day, in this case, when fresh started, it works better for some time.

One thing is certain, i'll never buy another lg.

• 2013-05-21 10:07
  • Mn}N

Guys, For the ppl who upgraded to JB 4.1.2 I just want to know if there is an option named "Network Mode" or "Network Type" in the path (Menu --> Settings --> More Settings --> Mobile Networks --> Network Type/Mode" or not!? Cause I want to connect on 3G only (WCDMA Only) and it is only found on this "Network Type/Mode".. This option is exist on ICS but I am not sure it is exist on JB.. So please confirm on me guys it is exist or not.. Thanks in advance.

• 2013-05-20 21:56
  • fuZH

i have dead pixels after 3 weeks

• 2013-05-20 19:28
  • nJje

In my LG-Optimus 4X after updated to JB 4.1.2 facing one problem with Display brightness.

Sometimes automatically brightness goes 100% after few seconds later coming to customized percentage(30%).

This problem occurs me sometimes suddenly an especially in locking or unlocking the phone using power key.
And then during call disconnecting times.

So please provide me a solution for this problem. ?

• 2013-05-20 12:31
  • RKj{

Hey guys, I want to buy LG Optimus 4X HD so if anyone has any idea about this phone or has ever tried it before would you please advise ?????????

• 2013-05-20 10:47
  • 0C49

> In reply to knight @ 2013-05-17 17:14 from xjhh - click to readHere is how you enable 2G only.

System Settings -> Wireless & Networks -> (More) -> Mobile Networks -> Use only 2G networks

Menu settings from 4x JB.

• 2013-05-19 11:19
  • vGQP

> In reply to mista GPS @ 2013-05-18 03:12 from 4wIX - click to readcould you please describe step by step

• 2013-05-19 00:49
  • fkMb

To all my 4X HD friends that have GPS issues. You need to edit the gps.conf file and set the radio to STANDALONE...Lock times on Assisted GPS took up to 5 minutes, but on standalone it takes seconds! Mine came from korea and the gps conf had a bunch of european server information and I'm in the USA so I edited everything out except for north america.

If battery drain is an issue you need to uninstall the bloatware on the device. Get rid of anything google or LG that you aren't using because I left my phone on airplane mode overnight and the battery dropped 60%! After getting rid of apps I don't need the battery doesn't drop in % at all overnight.

All in all I'd say this phone kicks some serious A for $300. I hope LG will give a JB 2.2 update but for now I'm happy even though I had to do tweaking to get everything working nicely.

• 2013-05-18 03:12
  • 4wIX

> In reply to ramyHR @ 2013-05-16 13:30 from ScKF - click to readThank you Rami for reporting this back, could you please tell me how to switch from 3G to 2G. is it from the hidden menu?. I really wish that LG fix that as soon as possible because this has something to do with the original functionality of the phone. Phone is there to make calls, so the problem of that the other party stops hearing us during a call is a catastrophic thing.

• 2013-05-17 17:14
  • xjhh

> In reply to Spazzing box @ 2013-05-16 17:13 from Q$NY - click to readdoes your wifi and memory card work?

• 2013-05-17 13:17
  • NtTg

My contacts has stopped what does that mean

• 2013-05-16 17:13
  • Q$NY

After few days working only on 2G networks, my phone calls are normal. No breaking the connection. I guess since the JB update, phone got too sensitive when switching from 3G to 2G duribg calls. No choice but to wait another update hoping it will fix things. Untill then, 2G + WiFi will do the work for me! :)

• 2013-05-16 13:30
  • ScKF

> In reply to Anon1 @ 2013-05-14 12:12 from PSLa - click to readsadly i dont have a solution for you other then using a 3rd party player.
its part of the player and if they left it out or broke it you need to hope they fix it in a future update.

• 2013-05-14 22:43
  • iJe8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-12 14:46 from ptD9 - click to readUse 'LG Supporting Tool' to upgrate LG software instead of LG PC Suite...
Download 'LG Supporting Tool' from www.lg.com or www.cnet.com
1. After installing lg supporting tool connect the mobile with the usb cable selecting lg pc suite
2. Start LG Supporting Tool
3. Wait for the tool to detect your mobile
4. Click on check upgrade
5. After finishing the upgrade checking Click on 'Start Upgrading' with a big pink label
6. It takes about one and half hour to complete upgrading depending on your internet speed

Caution: Backup all data and remove the memory and SIM card before upgrading. And do not disconnect it while upgrading.

• 2013-05-14 17:13
  • KcwH

> In reply to jhon cornor @ 2013-05-09 20:59 from IWT9 - click to readBIG L0L. it takes 5 minutes to start???? you are using a chinese version of LG phone. you bought it 60$ on ebay. isn't??? its just to tel you that it takes only approx 15-20 sec to starts.

• 2013-05-14 14:38
  • NHx5
Total of 3675 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.