LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.6

Guys with the 4X, can you please tell me something? I want to know if this happens only to me or it's something normal. After I install some app, while the OS is creating a shortcut, do you feel that all the phone starts crashing or becoming realy laggy? Please, let me know. Thank you!

• 2013-04-24 00:25
  • Lc9L

> In reply to deltabravo29 @ 2013-04-23 11:56 from y$HD - click to readmake sure u have enough space on ur computer to download the update.

• 2013-04-24 00:05
  • fk@4

> In reply to INARU MEJIL @ 2013-04-22 19:02 from j8wI - click to readI figure that baterry will be the same. Not much to do with the NVIDIA TEGRA 3. Im planning to wait a little bit longer, just curios to see if at some point i will recieve the OTA notification that the update is available. All do i know that i will not be able to make it over the air. But for now i stay in ICS. iS a shame that does not come with QSLIDE it was something i was looking forward.

• 2013-04-23 23:12
  • j8wI

please, anyone from you who updated to JB.......... do games like shadowgun,dead trigger,...etc(heavy games) work fine after update? please rebly! and is there any change to the browser?

• 2013-04-23 16:51
  • NXtt

i always failed to download update after reach 60%, anybody can help me whats wrong....?

• 2013-04-23 11:56
  • y$HD

Hey! Can someone help? I find it difficult to root out update my phone to :/. Anytime u start, I get stuck in halfway. pls guild me through. thanks

• 2013-04-23 08:27
  • fuN1

Guys, I see lots of you not sure wether to go for JB update or not. I tell you to go for it! Mine O4x is unlocked international version and after the update it looks perfect! No lagging, everything is quick and more beautiful then on ICS. As for the batt backup- it's same! Meaning, you'll have to recharge it every night. If you're heavy user like me (lots of mailing and data conection, calls), twice a day. But it was like that before for me, on ICS. I didn't regret moving on, and I don't think any of you will. For those saying phone is lagging after update, try to backup everything and perform a hard reset. Cheers guys! :)

• 2013-04-22 22:55
  • pr07

Messages - Right soft key - Settings - Conversation skin
That's like it on JB. On ICS there's no that option...

• 2013-04-22 22:45
  • pr07

> In reply to INARU MEJIL @ 2013-04-22 19:02 from j8wI - click to readWell mine is also an international unlocked version and I did not face any problems after the update. I also rooted mine and sure, I have less RAM available but it is unnoticeable. The battery is the same.

• 2013-04-22 21:05
  • 3SqS

> In reply to KoKo @ 2013-04-18 18:11 from 3SqS - click to readThanks a lot for the TIP.

To be honest im not to excited in making the JB update base on feedback from everybody in here. All do i have never have any issue with my device. It might be cause is UNLOCKET International Verscion.

• 2013-04-22 19:02
  • j8wI

I want to buy this phone or LG NEXUS 4 but i cant decide.I dont want to give soo much money for it,and cause of that i dont know whcich phone is better.Can you tell me? TNX

• 2013-04-22 16:47
  • 3nu$

> In reply to LG p880 user @ 2013-04-21 06:02 from PB8d - click to readHUH??....there's no conversation skin at message-setting

• 2013-04-22 09:15
  • j012

> In reply to Bonby @ 2013-04-21 21:40 from HDE{ - click to readit doesnt really rob you it just preloads a LOT.
but in reality JB itself uses less then 300 mb ram.
the rest is all preloaded apps like the browser galery contact list sms list call logs and so on.
but once you start a heavy game like dead trigger or shadowgun it kicks those aps out of the ram.
so preformance wise this isnt a issue battely life wist however...

it causes your cpu having to make extra calculations (to drop stuff from ram) which is bad for the battery even tho its just a few % a charge at its worst.

it would be a GREAT feature IF we could manualy choose which things we want to preload (only things we use) as now it preloads random stuff after the boot and that includes things we dont ever use.

• 2013-04-21 23:57
  • iJe8

> In reply to pino @ 2013-04-21 21:26 from iJe8 - click to readI have 17 widgets over 7 screens. Exactly what I had in ics and ics never had to reboot or draw. I think project buttery robs us of about 250meg of ram

• 2013-04-21 21:40
  • HDE{

> In reply to jhes @ 2013-04-21 19:48 from gFxE - click to readthis is tested how ?
there is no semi scientific proof that battery life is even remotely better then ics.
so what did you do to test this and what are your results?

• 2013-04-21 21:27
  • iJe8

> In reply to Bobby @ 2013-04-21 18:46 from HDE{ - click to readhmma launcher redraw shouldnt take more then a second with about 20 apps and 1 widged.

maby some app is hogging cpu power.

• 2013-04-21 21:26
  • iJe8

Updated my 4x hd to 4.1.2...works fine with me no issues at all. I'm a moderate user, battery last longer than ICS.

• 2013-04-21 19:48
  • gFxE

> In reply to pino @ 2013-04-21 16:36 from iJe8 - click to readA second would be ok. But it seams more like 5 or 6 :-(

• 2013-04-21 18:46
  • HDE{

> In reply to Bobby @ 2013-04-21 14:49 from HDE{ - click to readim still at 4.03 and liking it hehe i got mine tweaked without root to have 630+ mb ram free and over 5 hours use time or 5 days standby +wifi and 2.5 hours use time :)

i notived some rare launcher redraws but as it takes less then a second its not a big deal infact its a good thing as over time the launcher uses more and more ram so it crashing is a good thing as it dumps the ram :)

• 2013-04-21 16:36
  • iJe8

> In reply to pino @ 2013-04-21 14:02 from iJe8 - click to readHi pino. You where wright what you said before jb came out about not updating. I hope LG get some updates done as I think it all uses to much ram. Using stock launcher is a pain as a few times a day it has to restart. Also bug in messaging as some times when it opens all message just have phone numbers but no contacts. To solve some of it I've used apex launcher that seams to use less ram. Ics was very polished jb very raw. And i don't know how much time LG will want to throw at it :-(

• 2013-04-21 14:49
  • HDE{
Total of 3542 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.