LG Optimus 4X HD P880 - user opinions and reviews

LG

Popularity

Daily interest
1.3%
Total hits:
4719385

Voting results

Design
7.7
Features
7.7
Performance
7.6
Votes:
368

Sort by:

I own one of these since late 2013. In one word: AWESOME. Can't find any flaws, extremely happy with it. Enough said.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-14 00:45
  • LcHS
  • H

> In reply to bloodrose24 @ 2014-02-13 01:59 from tCQp - click to readi have seen no tablet announcements with that specs at all let alone LG.
personaly i find the g pad nice but thats about it. its just to expencive here to be worth it.
for 60% of the price you have a new asus memo pad smart fhd 10 inch.
but battery life wise i find 10 inch tablets to be lacking a bit.
i assume its because of the bigger screen leds needed.
if you want better specs i think your out of luck best thing to do is getting something cheap that will suffice and wait till tablets are more mature.


Maby your 3d or wifi signal is weak you can try to set 3g to 2g when your at home so it doesnt drain ad fast.
the 2g setting is enough for whatsapp use but not for browsing and so on.
i recently switched provider and i noticed a seere loss in battery life with my phone just because the 2g / 3g quality is poorer then what i used to have.
It might be worth it looking into what provider has the beste network where you live and get that unless its way more expencive ofcourse.
theres also some 2g/3g switcher apps that leave a widged on your desktop so its faster then going intop the menu every time.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-13 17:23
  • mbx4
  • R

hi pino..im thinking of buying a tablet this christmas..i would like something like the G Pad but in white color,octacore,and 3 or 4 GB of ram,would LG be releasing a tablet like that?btw,i love my 4xhd however even in standby mode,it drains the battery fast,i uninstalled some apps before but it didnt work.any suggestions?

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-13 01:59
  • tCQp
  • Q

i just upgrat my mobile from android ver 4.0.3 to 4.1.2 and when im writtinf sms or , wahtsup, viber etc the keys have a key tone like A , B , shift back etc
how to disable it???
please help

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-12 13:12
  • 5xHx
  • Q

> In reply to mas39 @ 2014-02-11 11:43 from MJSt - click to readhow do you explain me not having these issues at all at only 2x 650 mhz...
If i dont have the issues then there surely is no issue otherwise i must have it also.
That people create issues isnt the fault of the phone its 99% of the time a user fault with or without them knowing.
And if people dont listen to me when i say stick with 4.03 v10H but cry because they want the latest software dont go blaming the phone which was working fine at v10H as there was no valid reason to update it:)

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-11 17:01
  • mbx4
  • R

Pino seems to be making a valiant case for the 4x hd, but im sorry I don't agree with anything you say. How can you explain video being shown upside down, stuttering when browsing the internet, massive lag when using the virtual keyboard, of course it's cheap for a reason, basically it's a sub standard phone. Will probably wait for the G Pro 2 but I have till the end of this year so I will take my time in upgrading.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-11 11:43
  • MJSt
  • U

I have using this phone and nokia lumia 720 about 1 years. And there are no problem.. Just the camera issues i am quite dissapointed. Even nokia lumia 720 that has 5MP camera has a good quality than Optimus 4X HD. My advise, don't take a shot in a low light. It would make your photo worse.. :]

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-11 11:07
  • uCpx
  • H

I just bought this phone and there exist a pink spot at the center of the image and the video.. Can it be fix?

Samsung galaxy s2 and htc hd2 has an update to fix the same problem. Is there any update for optimus 4x?

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-10 23:13
  • KZ8E
  • Q

> In reply to bobby @ 2014-02-06 07:37 from HKNE - click to readTnx for answer. So, my phone is not with unique error.

Are you using V20A/V20B euro-open firmware (P88020b-EUR-XXX) i think, people with this firmware having this problem??? (shamefull from LG that there is no update)

If your phone is rooted, you can try to change sms apk (maybe with "8sms" -you can find it on google play, i think it is from Caynogenmod).
(i didn't do it, becouse i don't want to lose my warrinty).

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-07 12:50
  • 39mG
  • R

> In reply to cle @ 2014-02-04 02:12 from FHxj - click to readhi
I also have this problem with sms. only started after JellyBean update. other than force closing it like you already do I've found that using a different launcher solves it. since I've used action launcher, apex launcher or holo launchers I've never had a sms freeze problem. all the launchers I've mentioned have free versions. I've upgraded them. if any one can solve the problem any other way I will be happy to try the LG home launcher again!

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-06 07:37
  • HKNE
  • R

i have this beautiful phone for abouth short period and it seems to be wery slow working if someone can help me...... thanks,i using 4.0.3version..

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 20:25
  • ptRi
  • Q

Does anybody have a problem with SMS application?
Sometimes it freezes occasionally and this does not show the contacts in sms. You must force close it...

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-04 02:12
  • FHxj
  • U

> In reply to kareems3eed @ 2014-02-01 11:31 from 9xHH - click to readuse game booster ;)

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-01 17:29
  • fu%7
  • R

> In reply to kareems3eed @ 2014-02-01 11:31 from 9xHH - click to readThe facebook app is one of the worst apps on the internet so id get rid of that first and use the website version.
you can make a shortcut to the mobile website and it looks the same and is even faster.

and root has nothing to do with any of this it was just to show you that even on 30% of the power this phone is still more then powerfull enough.

id do a factory reset > reboot > install a probleme game and try it before installing any other app.
if the problem still occurs bring back the phone for a replacement as it might be a hardware issue.

a good sample of the phone has no issues thats a fact.
wherher a sample becomes bad because of apps or is a factory error i cant say without testing it myself which is not a option.

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-01 16:36
  • mbx4
  • R

> In reply to pino @ 2014-01-31 17:56 from mbx4 - click to readbro i didnt root my phone lol bro i tryed the ics 4.0.4 and it lagged in every single game bro im a heavy gamer i tryed all the games btw i had batman and it was laggy in ics but it improved with jelly bean 4.1.2 but its hardly playable and i only install apps from trusted devs just for chat like whatsapp and facebook then what is wrong and even if u look on reviwes on the youtube they have the same issue the phone laggs in every single game it seems like you are the only one happy with lg optimus 4x

  • Reply
  • 2014-02-01 11:31
  • 9xHH
  • R

> In reply to kareems3eed @ 2014-01-31 11:14 from 9xHH - click to readWel last time somone complayened i downloaded the batman game and it run flawlessly with 2 of my cores disabled and the other 2 on 1ghz instead of 1.5.

Maby you have a rotten app installed or you should have stayedon 4.03 as i adviced:)
4.1 with its butter project only demands more from the gpu for unnoticible features if the rom is smooth from itself :)

If i dont have any issues noone else should unless they have a bad hardware sample which is almost impossible as the flaws in socs are really low.

The only thing that can kill preformance is bad apps or wrongfull management of a device.

Id love to personaly help everyone here by looking trough there device and see where the flaw is but sadly i cant and you all dont live arround the corder hehe.
but the fact is this phone should be capable of running every single game if you cant there must be a logical reason for it which only you can find.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-31 17:56
  • mbx4
  • R

> In reply to bobby @ 2014-01-29 17:33 from pJR$ - click to readMany would but you cant so its not a option.
Therefore people should stop demanding updates as you dont have the right to updates its a gift if you get them.
And apple only makes 1 series of a iphone with at best 3 varaities of hardware so thats WAY easyer then companys that make up to 10 phones at the same time all with different hardware configurations and even different versions for different country's and regions due to local laws.

So for apple its reasonbly easy to make updates plus you spend up to 3 times more for a apple device so basicly you payed for the extra services.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-31 17:52
  • mbx4
  • R

> In reply to pino @ 2014-01-29 17:03 from mbx4 - click to readi dont need a software update and im not talking about it my brother old galaxy tab 2 sucks in gaming after an update from samsung it improved the preformance its still not good but its waaaaaay better than the old software and the htc one x becouse its a tegra it sucks in gaming but after updates the improved why dose not lg dooooooo thaaaaaat

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-31 11:33
  • 9xHH
  • R

> In reply to pino @ 2014-01-29 17:03 from mbx4 - click to readReally i have the phone and it cant handle any game every single game that i bought and downloaded lags even THD games like shadow gun lags when you shot N.O.V.A 3 its 2or 3 years old game but it lags and dosent work on full graphics come on make i only see half of the map and still laggy and mc4 its awful no effects at all no reflections wepon looks sucks and wait for it ( still laggy ) come one there is no proper game runs smoothly on this device

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-31 11:14
  • 9xHH
  • R

Hi pino
With regards updates on phones and computers. Please don't compare. I have paid for updates from Windows 98 to Windows me. And Windows vista to Windows 7. If I could do the same on my phone I would. The reason people want them is Google set up the idea that phones would and should get updates for at least 18 months from release. This is compounded by the fact the iPhone gets updates anually for about 2 years after its release. Weather this is good or bad this is the world we live in.

  • Reply
  • 2014-01-29 17:33
  • pJR$
  • U
Sort by:
Total of 3669 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus 4X HD P880.