LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.6
7.4
7.2

Is this phone good with signal? Is it like the lg optimus q and can you play the mmo rpg pocket legends on it thinking about buying this phone just wondering if I should buy it or not

• 2014-05-30 23:40
  • 4Q6L

Very nice phone I am using for last two years. Apart from a battery issue which happened due to my mishandling I never had to take my fone to service center.
Nice features and value for money.

• 2014-05-21 10:37
  • PSL6

i need a battery for my phone lg optimus black p970? i am in abu dhabi tell me the shop neme?

• 2014-05-16 16:12
  • nCYV

updated last week...

I was about to resell my mobile when i was using GB
Later made to try for update.
Upgrade failed while updating,again tried and got succeeded.
Now I love my mobile..
The previous "comments" was experienced.
Negatives were nothing compared to positives..
Battery is much better now No more comments..

• 2014-05-03 20:25
  • YTdP

upgraded to official ics via website..
My honest opinion about ics update..

absolutely flawless performance.
smooth like butter.
much better than gingerbread 2.3.4.
no glitches,no heating problems faced during charging..

Pros:
1)very nice UI
2)power saver option
3)wifi hotspot shortcut at notification
4)slider options at notifications
5)if media volume is full and if earphones are connected.. volume automatically decreased when you play.. to save ur ears
6)notification area is deep black and lools awesome
7)keyboard is nice
8)quick memo option is added and its simply superb
9)screenshot works great and after taking screenshot it comes in notification area..
10)Bluetooth receive or sent acknowledgment is given in notification area
11)added restart option when long press power button
12)camera interface is nice.. more options are added and photos are clear.. exposure is good..
13)brightness 0% is much dimmer than before
14)any gmail,whatsapp etc. Msg comes.. it has got profile pic included with message in notification area
15)in notification panel font became small.. so if more notifications appeared.. panel can take upto 9 or 10 notification symbols on that panel..
16)even though its ics, still apps can be moved to sd card
17)front cam added option inverted or original image
18)added smile,cheese etc option to take photo..
19)added extra large font size in display options
20)Chrome browser was given along with update.. as default app and and cannot be moved to sd..

Cons:
1)big drawback is gesture option removed for tap cursor
2)haptic feedback color changed before when we touched a particular button.. now no blue color is visible
3)music lovers lost beautiful options like.. no notification area shortcut is available.. (4)equalizer settings are not available in normal mode.. its available only in earphones mode..
(5)landscape mode showed all albums.. and we can slide for our favorite album.. now that 3D view is lost..
6)i use 8GB class 4 micro sd card and almost 100MB left in it.. when i turn ON or restart my device it takes more than 5 minutes to scan my memory card..
7)after every boot we need to change screen timeout.. as it goes back to 15 secs as default.. for some this feature may disappoint..
8)RAM is 512Mb but user available RAM is 477MB for gingerbread and 437MB for ics
9)no HDR option added to camera.. (i dont know weather it can be added via updates or not)
10) in gingerbread there used to be many font options as default in display settings.. in ics only 3 fonts are available(love font missing)

final words: more pros than cons.. i am enjoying ics.. lets expect jellybean soon

• 2014-04-27 08:45
  • Cb0U

this phone has worked very good since i bought this, camera is good, the screen is soft touch,....

• 2014-04-24 13:27
  • uSQx

Hi! My phone has after using the same wrong pattern several times.

Please help me

• 2014-04-24 07:10
  • r0c0

Hi ! My phone has blocked after putting the same wrong pattern. And it ask tu put my google account and ai can't remember any from my gmail account

Please help me on this

• 2014-04-24 06:54
  • r0c0

please advise if BBM can be loaded on this phone

• 2014-04-23 08:39
  • Ia65

> In reply to nk mostar @ 2014-04-01 11:21 from sr$s - click to readdid u sole ur sd card problem. if u have solvve it please reply to this email. navodmanushanka@gmail.com

• 2014-04-18 15:54
  • iwpx

o b is nice phone all feature are good but need more improvement like a processor & ram

• 2014-04-05 10:54
  • 2S8Y

i have ICS on my OB and sudenlly apered issue"sd card was expectadly removed" .Does anybody have this problem and does anybody know how to solve it?

• 2014-04-01 11:21
  • sr$s

I have LG OB almost 3 year and I must say its not so good. The first thing is the touch screen which seems to be unresponsive sometimes...tried about 12 roms for him,and the best is IZS 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich stock with moded features,stable and fast,smooth...in general phone is ok,but touch features are sometimes annoying...hope I helped!

• 2014-04-01 10:46
  • d%}X

> In reply to vj sumit @ 2014-03-06 00:41 from KAtU - click to readi think telus has the upgrade on their site

• 2014-03-27 22:21
  • 4tk}

How do I save downloads to my handset without using the memory card?

• 2014-03-27 09:32
  • ix57

its be5arry hhh

• 2014-03-24 16:41
  • ajbV

> In reply to anonymau5 @ 2014-03-02 21:11 from 04$4 - click to readcan you explain how to upgrade my lg p970 (2.3 to 4.0
help me how ?
my email address - vjsumit@hotmail.com

• 2014-03-06 00:41
  • KAtU

> In reply to angel @ 2014-03-01 11:18 from rrnB - click to readhttp://www.lg.com/au/support-m...s-Black-P970 . Just scroll down to Manuals & Download then click software update. Skip step 1 if you already have the USB driver installed. My phone was updated from 2.2.2 to 2.3.4 to 4.0.4 .

• 2014-03-02 21:11
  • 04$4

i need to upgrade the software of my phone.how do i do it

• 2014-03-01 11:18
  • rrnB

hello i have just bought a lg optimus black p970 and it is very slow it wont download anything it just stops downloading i need a bit of help on updating my phone. does anybody know how to to that thanks

• 2014-02-24 18:57
  • Ja5C
Total of 4136 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.