LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.4
7.2

im using this for morethan 2 yr, best cp ever i tried my uncle samsung s5 just like d same.

• 2014-08-02 16:08
  • v0q3

have 970g and wifi and bluetooth stopped working. Just keeps trying to connect. has anyone else had this problem?

• 2014-07-28 20:01
  • q}w4

After 2.5 yrs my home and back buttons have stopped working. Avg phone.

• 2014-07-19 15:34
  • uuS@

> In reply to Emad12 @ 2014-06-26 11:39 from Nr9x - click to readthis phone sucks, had it for 2 years, so much lagg

• 2014-07-14 08:32
  • PGHA

> In reply to boki @ 2014-04-01 10:46 from d%}X - click to readI got this phone for 2 years and I can say that you're wrong about touch responsiveness! Best rom for it is cyanogen mod version 10 I think.

• 2014-07-04 14:09
  • 2G}H

> In reply to niya @ 2014-06-25 06:48 from IaHx - click to readAbsolutely XPERIA M...28nm dual core + 1GB ram

• 2014-07-01 07:42
  • tVXu

I have it for almost a year it is not good at all can not install many apps it keeps hanging when recieve a call from vibert or Ring, apps are very slow sometimes I see the calls but can not answer because the phone stuck, do not recomended to buy

• 2014-06-26 11:39
  • Nr9x

which is best?lg optimus p970 or sony xperia m

• 2014-06-25 06:48
  • IaHx

> In reply to Sandy0540 @ 2014-04-27 08:45 from Cb0U - click to readPls share thelink on updating to ics

• 2014-06-22 17:11
  • fCx7

I had this phone about 6 months ago.i used it almost 2 years.and i sold it now using lg L7 dual.now i realize that not android version and ram is all ,build quality is a main part.lg optimus black build quality and hardware is best in world.i miss it......

• 2014-06-21 19:27
  • X0CK

Guys...
I need LG P970 Optimus Black - Board BTB 7pin Connector... I couldnt find nowhere in Chennai... Cuz of dis one smalll Part Im suffering.. In LG showroom dey dont have dese Small Parts.... Suggest me wat to do I want to get my awesome Mobile back...:(

• 2014-06-21 11:27
  • utdd

New version. S.p.l

• 2014-06-20 20:06
  • fwxT

> In reply to james loman @ 2014-05-30 23:40 from 4Q6L - click to readHi, I own this phone since 3 years ago and I can say this is the most reliable, stable, app-compatible smartphone I ever used.

• 2014-06-16 13:41
  • 8{5E

• 2014-06-16 13:35
  • 8{5E

it is a wndrfool mobile....all aplication support this phone...i like it

• 2014-06-06 16:26
  • t}AJ

Is this phone good with signal? Is it like the lg optimus q and can you play the mmo rpg pocket legends on it thinking about buying this phone just wondering if I should buy it or not

• 2014-05-30 23:40
  • 4Q6L

Very nice phone I am using for last two years. Apart from a battery issue which happened due to my mishandling I never had to take my fone to service center.
Nice features and value for money.

• 2014-05-21 10:37
  • PSL6

i need a battery for my phone lg optimus black p970? i am in abu dhabi tell me the shop neme?

• 2014-05-16 16:12
  • nCYV

updated last week...

I was about to resell my mobile when i was using GB
Later made to try for update.
Upgrade failed while updating,again tried and got succeeded.
Now I love my mobile..
The previous "comments" was experienced.
Negatives were nothing compared to positives..
Battery is much better now No more comments..

• 2014-05-03 20:25
  • YTdP

upgraded to official ics via website..
My honest opinion about ics update..

absolutely flawless performance.
smooth like butter.
much better than gingerbread 2.3.4.
no glitches,no heating problems faced during charging..

Pros:
1)very nice UI
2)power saver option
3)wifi hotspot shortcut at notification
4)slider options at notifications
5)if media volume is full and if earphones are connected.. volume automatically decreased when you play.. to save ur ears
6)notification area is deep black and lools awesome
7)keyboard is nice
8)quick memo option is added and its simply superb
9)screenshot works great and after taking screenshot it comes in notification area..
10)Bluetooth receive or sent acknowledgment is given in notification area
11)added restart option when long press power button
12)camera interface is nice.. more options are added and photos are clear.. exposure is good..
13)brightness 0% is much dimmer than before
14)any gmail,whatsapp etc. Msg comes.. it has got profile pic included with message in notification area
15)in notification panel font became small.. so if more notifications appeared.. panel can take upto 9 or 10 notification symbols on that panel..
16)even though its ics, still apps can be moved to sd card
17)front cam added option inverted or original image
18)added smile,cheese etc option to take photo..
19)added extra large font size in display options
20)Chrome browser was given along with update.. as default app and and cannot be moved to sd..

Cons:
1)big drawback is gesture option removed for tap cursor
2)haptic feedback color changed before when we touched a particular button.. now no blue color is visible
3)music lovers lost beautiful options like.. no notification area shortcut is available.. (4)equalizer settings are not available in normal mode.. its available only in earphones mode..
(5)landscape mode showed all albums.. and we can slide for our favorite album.. now that 3D view is lost..
6)i use 8GB class 4 micro sd card and almost 100MB left in it.. when i turn ON or restart my device it takes more than 5 minutes to scan my memory card..
7)after every boot we need to change screen timeout.. as it goes back to 15 secs as default.. for some this feature may disappoint..
8)RAM is 512Mb but user available RAM is 477MB for gingerbread and 437MB for ics
9)no HDR option added to camera.. (i dont know weather it can be added via updates or not)
10) in gingerbread there used to be many font options as default in display settings.. in ics only 3 fonts are available(love font missing)

final words: more pros than cons.. i am enjoying ics.. lets expect jellybean soon

• 2014-04-27 08:45
  • Cb0U
Total of 4151 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.