LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.5
7.3
7.1

> In reply to Rahab @ 2013-01-21 14:47 from mA%% - click to readRahab, here is the link from orange where they mention the release:

I can't be sure.... I can't trust them either, hope it will be launched!

• 2013-01-21 16:27
  • ju5d

> In reply to Marius - Romania @ 2013-01-21 13:34 from ju5d - click to readHow do you know that it will come at the end of January ? Are you sure ? I'm tired of waiting... (cj, romania)

• 2013-01-21 14:47
  • mA%%

Hi, I just installed v30b (europe open, I have google it so don't ask for link). Every thing seems to be ok but there are still some bugs from gingerbread left (when someone calls you the answer key is sometime a button and sometimes a slide, VERY ANNOYING!).
Anyway, waiting for official orange version that as they say it's expected at end of January.
All the best, Marius (Arad, Romania).

• 2013-01-21 13:34
  • F

just bought first P970 smartph 1 week ago, pretty cool. was impress that camera turns on when I press the G button and shake the ph. now this method doesn't work on my ph. camera won't rurn on wth the shake. Anyone any ideas what went wrong? didn't drop ph or anything. HELP!!!

• 2013-01-20 10:09
  • vxPx

> In reply to AD @ 2013-01-19 12:39 from vwsX - click to readyeah.. update available only at authorised service centres for free in warranty or for Rs 170
Update is smooth except some issues like Some hd videos not playing in stock player, no on/off audio, incorrect display of Hindi fonts.

• 2013-01-19 16:56
  • Hkqk

is it out in india & other asian country (ICS)

• 2013-01-19 12:39
  • vwsX

Guys ... Got my phone ics upgraded
its awesome !
if u want to update ur black android 4.0.4
download kdz file and lg kdz updater
and choose 3GQCT AND DASL in updater setting
within 5 min. u will be updated.

ENJOY OPTIMUS BLACK USERS ;)

• 2013-01-18 07:07
  • Hkrs

i also updated with V30B, nice UI but camera lacks macro feature,
any fix for that?

• 2013-01-18 06:41
  • y@@0

though delayed... the v30b ICS firmware update (not the beta rom) is better... there are few lags and bugs in some applications but I noticed the reaponsiveness of the screen...

• 2013-01-12 10:12
  • v0qJ

Hey guys what if I just buy and use the phone with his stock firmware and settings. I do not know so much about smartphones but will be good for me if I just use it with the normal OS? Does it work nice with the original OS? Can I over-clock the processor and to play some games on smoothly way?

• 2013-01-10 16:20
  • HCj%

Okay, I live in UK so is there any good ICS official update for P970 suitable for me? If yes, where to download it and how to install it?

• 2013-01-10 16:13
  • HCj%

There are official ICS firmwares for optimus black, but it will take time to reach all users and it contains some noticeable bugs such as battery drains, so if u want to try u have to manually install it. But the UI is awesome, similar to optimus G.

• 2013-01-10 10:12
  • Nv90

One thing is clear: I will sell my P970 and never buy another LG phone in my life. Yes, the phone is perfect but you don't have a proper Operating System for it and LG doesn't care!!!

• 2013-01-10 07:13
  • ju5d

I tried siding with lg fo 2 yrs i cant no more.from the day u buy it and update it you will always be far behind.its just pain always.no ics yet.it mayybe the last phone on earth to recieve the update

• 2013-01-09 21:52
  • NaKN

> In reply to adi @ 2012-12-20 14:07 from vwsX - click to readICS for Optimus Black is rolling out in Europe and some Asian countries.

• 2013-01-09 05:48
  • Hkqk

Hey guys, I'm thinking to go to P970 soon. So a few stupid questions..
What's the best and the newest OS for this phone? How can I install it? Where to download it? How to push the phone to do his best?
Sorry but I'm just confused of so many comments about apps and things, I'm a newbie and I do not know the names of the different android versions and etc.

• 2013-01-08 06:50
  • 3aF9

I am never getting an LG phone again!

• 2013-01-08 02:41
  • jnTn

You should download and install ICS following this guide:

Finally got ICS!!!

• 2013-01-07 11:46
  • mZir

Ics v30b with any version (italy, france, italy, germany, made my phone heating too fast, and when my 3g network very low while surfing thats made my screen blank so i had to removed the battery and that's happened around 2 times/day, and yeah like people said blue led, music widget doesnt work. so i keep on my great GB.

• 2013-01-05 18:58
  • tA$h
Total of 4164 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.