LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.4
7.2

though delayed... the v30b ICS firmware update (not the beta rom) is better... there are few lags and bugs in some applications but I noticed the reaponsiveness of the screen...

• 2013-01-12 10:12
  • v0qJ

Hey guys what if I just buy and use the phone with his stock firmware and settings. I do not know so much about smartphones but will be good for me if I just use it with the normal OS? Does it work nice with the original OS? Can I over-clock the processor and to play some games on smoothly way?

• 2013-01-10 16:20
  • HCj%

Okay, I live in UK so is there any good ICS official update for P970 suitable for me? If yes, where to download it and how to install it?

• 2013-01-10 16:13
  • HCj%

There are official ICS firmwares for optimus black, but it will take time to reach all users and it contains some noticeable bugs such as battery drains, so if u want to try u have to manually install it. But the UI is awesome, similar to optimus G.

• 2013-01-10 10:12
  • Nv90

One thing is clear: I will sell my P970 and never buy another LG phone in my life. Yes, the phone is perfect but you don't have a proper Operating System for it and LG doesn't care!!!

• 2013-01-10 07:13
  • ju5d

I tried siding with lg fo 2 yrs i cant no more.from the day u buy it and update it you will always be far behind.its just pain always.no ics yet.it mayybe the last phone on earth to recieve the update

• 2013-01-09 21:52
  • NaKN

> In reply to adi @ 2012-12-20 14:07 from vwsX - click to readICS for Optimus Black is rolling out in Europe and some Asian countries.

• 2013-01-09 05:48
  • Hkqk

Hey guys, I'm thinking to go to P970 soon. So a few stupid questions..
What's the best and the newest OS for this phone? How can I install it? Where to download it? How to push the phone to do his best?
Sorry but I'm just confused of so many comments about apps and things, I'm a newbie and I do not know the names of the different android versions and etc.

• 2013-01-08 06:50
  • 3aF9

I am never getting an LG phone again!

• 2013-01-08 02:41
  • jnTn

You should download and install ICS following this guide:

Finally got ICS!!!

• 2013-01-07 11:46
  • mZir

Ics v30b with any version (italy, france, italy, germany, made my phone heating too fast, and when my 3g network very low while surfing thats made my screen blank so i had to removed the battery and that's happened around 2 times/day, and yeah like people said blue led, music widget doesnt work. so i keep on my great GB.

• 2013-01-05 18:58
  • tA$h

> In reply to blackman @ 2013-01-05 05:16 from RJib - click to readTnx for help!
4.0.4 work nice. Link is good.
My P970 now is new phone. tnx again.

• 2013-01-05 17:57
  • 3LFW

> In reply to Rahab @ 2013-01-04 08:00 from 0CYQ - click to readThanks man. Check this link also on xda

A complete guide for rooting and unrooting.

Installed Zues rom.:)

• 2013-01-05 13:46
  • rKi1

> In reply to blackman @ 2013-01-05 05:16 from RJib - click to readHi, don't you have any problem with the battery. Is all ics widgets available. Is the blue led working.

• 2013-01-05 13:21
  • Nvf@

• 2013-01-05 13:21
  • Nvf@

how can i upgrade it to ics?

• 2013-01-05 11:40
  • fvEd

guyz plz help me out....i hv bought black yesterday nd it has 2.2.2 froyo. when i connected my phone to computer and clicked check for updates in lg pc suite..it shwd no updats available.....i hv heard that it caan be updated to ics..bt it turned out dat i can update via flashing..also most of the users are experiencing problms with ics..bt saying gingerbread is working fine....so is dere a way i can upgrade it to GB???

• 2013-01-05 06:29
  • vbxt

Official ICS update now available.
For European, it can be updated via ota. For other countries, you can follow this guideline:

I've done it and horrayy..

• 2013-01-05 05:16
  • RJib

> In reply to Sumedh Pendse @ 2013-01-03 20:52 from KFNA - click to readChose one from the list below that suits your preferences :D

• 2013-01-04 08:00
  • 0CYQ
Total of 4156 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.