LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.4
7.2

To everyone out there: V30B it's just a test firmware, not the final build for ICS on this device. So don't complain if there are things missing. Just wait, just like me, for the final release 4.0.4.

• 2013-01-02 20:42
  • 0CYQ

> In reply to Mohab Ahmed @ 2013-01-02 12:20 from fkZQ - click to readHi dude,
here is the link for all official firmwares. I have flashed v30I korean version and currently replying you.:) That means lg hardwares are not country specific for firmwares. Download france v30b and try to flash it again using smartflash tool. Unfortunatly, V30I korean version is also not so good. So now i will again switch to custom rom

• 2013-01-02 20:16
  • KFNk

> In reply to sumedh @ 2012-12-30 20:51 from 7tLG - click to readdude u've said that u r from india how did u get the ics v30b and even it's not in your county , PS: when i downloaded V30b of another country of mine it's told me securty error

• 2013-01-02 12:20
  • fkZQ

> In reply to sumedh @ 2012-12-30 20:51 from 7tLG - click to readYes I also didnt satisfy with ICS, No face unlock, no blue led on touh button, no equalizer on music, no Hindi/Nepali support on application but support on browser, no battery, music, power control, widget, no setting shortcuts

• 2013-01-01 02:08
  • 6iQj

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-29 09:32 from Hkqs - click to readhttp://androidromupdate.com/20...ndwich-v30b/
or do to this site step by step installation guide much safer.......................njoy

• 2012-12-31 08:35
  • K6jB

> In reply to jigsaw @ 2012-12-30 07:48 from utaY - click to readyeah awesome......

• 2012-12-31 08:26
  • K6jB

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-12-29 09:32 from Hkqs - click to readhttp://forum.xda-developers.co...p?p=35058235
go to da link n download bin/fls files.zip or .rar n xtract remember da location.
go to da youtube link download smart flash tool in description n drivers
select da bin n fls files repectively in da smart flash tool.........remove battery sim mem card......hold volume up button n plug simultaneously to da usb........u will enter software update mode on ur cell......now start installation using smart flash tool.........after process is over factory reset.....v30b ics finally.......do it on ur own risk.........dont blame me its da safest way.....njoy.......

• 2012-12-31 08:25

Hi guys,
This is me sumedh. A proud owner of lg optimus black. Here is the list of all official firmwares.
Go to link, download firmware, extract using lg kdz extractor tool and flash via smartflash tool. I am a user from india-mumbai. Flashed both ICS versions v30b and v30i. ICS fr lg optimus black sucks. Gingerbread is best os fr our phone. Only good thing about ICS is lock screen. ICS is laggy which reduces performance. Its a childish look. Not much widgets are present. PPI gets reduced to 217 from 233. Music player equilisers are reduced. Also, we dont get the artwork service in ICS fr music player which is activated when we keep phone in horizontal position in gingerbread and froyo. Try ICS if you want. We can flash any available using smartflash tool. If you really need ICS or Jellybean, root your mobile and try custom roms. Those are better. Thanks guys and happy new year to all.

• 2012-12-30 20:51
  • 7tLG

> In reply to ysolee @ 2012-12-29 02:45 from 6iTP - click to readthx pal.. Qmemo must be awesome rite??

• 2012-12-30 07:48
  • utaY

> In reply to tanmaytman @ 2012-12-29 07:33 from K6jB - click to readthx pal.. Qmemo must be awesome rite??

• 2012-12-30 07:47
  • utaY

Some days ago I have flashed my LG optimus Black
with ICS firmware European Open v30b via smart flash tool, but i didn't satisfy so I returned to Gingerbread Indian
v20g. After flashing I have connect my Phone to PC
and checked firmware update via LG mobile
support tool I found software update and I
start it. When finished my phone upgraded
to v20h. Again I connect to PC and check
firmware update and I found software
update and I do it again, when finished
the version is not updated to new it was
same as previous v20h. Every time
when I check firmware update it shows Update but
not updating to next version what is
being wrong can any one suggest me??

• 2012-12-29 11:50
  • 73@x

> In reply to tanmaytman @ 2012-12-29 07:33 from K6jB - click to readTanmay...can you please share the link for ics download.....

• 2012-12-29 09:32
  • Hkqs

> In reply to jigsaw @ 2012-12-28 15:05 from utae - click to readYeah blue led not working......but u hav da power to turn it completely off or give it time of Glow.....battery drain only When wifi turned on Overnight....it always searches fr network....so keeping wifi off when not in need.....gesture features are working Properly.....lockscreen Is in fact better dan gb......style Is a bit diff an other brand lockscreen.......yeah n boot animation is same as gb.......lg pic.....widgets are missing like music....power widget not needed As all da functions are Available on the top of notification.....like dat of galaxy s3 sliding Thru each of dem wid ease.....i downloaded apw widgets hich give u Da avouriye contacts widget.........in all happu wid Da ics v30b french version..........xperia n htc dont offer as much features as in this Rom........better dan stock ics rom.........life's good.....

• 2012-12-29 07:33
  • K6jB

> In reply to jigsaw @ 2012-12-28 15:05 from utae - click to readDude your question and my answer, I have used V30b some hour and return back to GB,

- There are some widget still missing like
the Music,Favourite contact, power widget,
task manager widget- (Yes these widgets are not available also settings shortcut not avaible battery widget also)
- Some gesture features are missing.- (I am never use gesture so no matter about this only for me, sorry)
- Lock screen style choosing deleted (In
lockscreen settings menu). - (There was not deleted i can choose 4 Kinds of lockscreen With analog clock, calander, digital clock)
- No boot animation (Boot animation just a
lg picture). -(Yes only lg logo No Boot animation)
- Some reports on battery draining problem - (Same as GB not different on my device i fell more stable on ICS compared to my GB)
- The blue led’s not working. - ( Yes not working, always on light in touch button when your screen is on so you can not feel which button u r touching due to lack of blue led)

• 2012-12-29 02:45
  • 6iTP

can anyone pls tell me how to upgrade my black to official ICS? i m presently using jellybam rom...
how can i remove that and how do i get the official ics?
also pls mention are there any lags or bugs in ics?
pls rply me and provide a solution...thank u.

• 2012-12-28 21:37
  • PxWd

> In reply to tanmaytman @ 2012-12-20 17:04 from K6jB - click to readDude ru experiencing thse problems on ur OB ICS v30b?
- There are some widget still missing like the Music,Favourite contact, power widget, task manager widget
- Some gesture features are missing.
- Lock screen style choosing deleted (In lockscreen settings menu).
- No boot animation (Boot animation just a lg picture).
- Some reports on battery draining problem
- The blue led’s not working.

• 2012-12-28 15:05
  • utae

> In reply to tanmaytman @ 2012-12-28 08:28 from K6jB - click to readl agree with you camera is improved. some features are missing l think they will added later like blue led when touching buttons, shortcut for settings, some widgets etc.

• 2012-12-28 12:26
  • 6iQ7

> In reply to ysolee @ 2012-12-27 15:21 from u10m - click to readDude but optimis ui 3 is better dan ui 2........camera is greatly improved.....for Me....lg ics > lg gb

• 2012-12-28 08:28
  • K6jB

I'm hoping to get this phone but I'm not sure if it will last. Has there been any problems for having this phone for over a year. Any decreases in performance or any issues?

• 2012-12-28 07:59
  • IB%A

• 2012-12-28 07:57
  • IB%A
Total of 4130 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.