LG Optimus Black P970 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.6
7.4
7.2

I've been using the Cyanogenmod 10.1 for the past few months on my Optimus Black. Usual set of troubles include no FM Radio, no WiFi Hotspot, severe lag in the camera, freezing over video recording etc., but the OS is an absolute 'gem'. Would any of u say the ICS experience would be better and recommend me to downgrade hence?? Thanks in advance.

• 2014-02-20 17:45
  • ut9x

Does anyone else's cell phone automatically begin deleting your text (Words you have written regardless if it is a text, fb post, email, etc)? Just out of no where it begins feverishly back spacing and deleting everything you just typed until it is all gone and there is nothing you can do to stop it (this happens at least three times per week to me; all random times; and when the battery is full, half, or almost dead).
I took the phone into Sprint...of course, they have not ever heard of such a thing before. Been going on for a year now....on my second phone!!
Very Irritating!

• 2014-02-10 13:57
  • kJgB

> In reply to Lany @ 2014-02-06 04:48 from vpbs - click to readIt's normal in standby mode while your phone still connected to internet. there is many possibilities , because of fastdormancy , or many apps sync.

Mine is 10%/hour in standby mode on ICS

• 2014-02-07 13:31
  • tA$u

> In reply to Kerul @ 2014-01-31 03:59 from 9L1B - click to readAs I had said that when I copy a file from my friend from Bluetooth I dont know where it gets saved to that you had asked me to go to menu in the left hand side. I did so but could not see thing as options. In the menu there is 'Add', 'Wallpaper', 'Search', 'Notifications' and 'Settings'. So please help me as to which button I should click.

• 2014-02-06 10:04
  • 2F6I

i have my LG P970 for more that a year and i noticed lately that my battery is on a stand by mode and fully optimized but it drains faster than usual.. after 3 hrs on stand by mode and fully optimized my battery discharged 10%..is it normal? i think not and i panicked i'm hoping for a feedback because if its not i may purchase and replace new battery which may be too costly..or my charger getting in trouble charging or my phone and i hope not because i love LG unit and i hope i can buy new one.. thanks

• 2014-02-06 04:48
  • vpbs

> In reply to kasey @ 2014-01-03 04:22 from Ibx1 - click to readkindly check where did you saved it (sim, phone memory?), or try this click the menu button on the lower left part (the box looking menu) >> click "more" >> display options >> you'll see in the lower part the "choose contacts to display" phone and USIM. click these to two to view all the contact numbers saved in it. after clicking them hit APPLY button. hope this would help you out :)

• 2014-01-31 03:59
  • 9L1B

> In reply to babu @ 2014-01-13 13:18 from PSMN - click to readTo change the font go to:
settings >> Display >> Display Font

if you want new fonts you have to install first the FONTS in Play Store :) hope this would help you out.

• 2014-01-31 03:51
  • 9L1B

> In reply to B @ 2013-12-13 20:45 from siD{ - click to readYes, install skype thru Play Store

• 2014-01-31 03:48
  • 9L1B

V30e : upgraded from v30c, the phone runs smoother than before, perhaps RAM management related bugs are fixed, worth upgrading.

• 2014-01-25 12:34
  • DFHu

v30e
battery issue sorted out much effectively
google service like google play movies & play books added
good experience go for it

• 2014-01-25 08:58
  • vwsX

> In reply to lll @ 2014-01-16 17:35 from mi@p - click to readHow to upgrade the OS Version of this phone?.. Pls. help me.. thanks

• 2014-01-23 15:56
  • t7sd

i have using this phone for more than a year already.. at first it was a very big struggle for me on how to upgrade and to use this phone, but as the time passes by i found out that the phone was worked very good... no hanging issue... LG, i can certainly say that it is INCREDIBLE!!!!!!!!!!! .

• 2014-01-22 01:37
  • uSQx

LG rolling out V30E version of OS in india earlier it was V30C does any one know whats new in current version..???

• 2014-01-19 15:16
  • vwsX

if you want to your device works very good just make softwate update

• 2014-01-16 17:35
  • mi@p

this is a very slow work because RAM is not compatible.

• 2014-01-15 07:03
  • nXIZ

too many bugs!!!!
Its getting broken within one year.
THIS IS HORRIBLE CELLPHONE EVER!

• 2014-01-14 20:53
  • Y1vk

how 2 change or install new fonts

• 2014-01-13 13:18
  • PSMN

> In reply to ravi @ 2014-01-13 07:03 from K8TW - click to readjust download multiling keyboard from googlestore.

• 2014-01-13 10:33
  • Y}8i

i wud thankful if someone guide me whther i cud install Marathi keypad in my handset. i want to root it out. pls suggest service center name ,address in mumbai.

• 2014-01-13 07:03
  • K8TW

how to restore the patron blocked?

• 2014-01-13 02:16
  • PYN8
Total of 4136 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Black P970.