LG Optimus Chat C550 - user opinions and reviews

LG

6.9
6.8
6.7

Got this phone when I was 13 and had it for 3 years. First couple months it was wonderful. Performed great, had a pretty good signal, and was pretty good at multitasking. Then it started acting up, which was very annoying to have to deal with. The messaging app would sometimes force close and would not work again until you turned the phone on and off over 3 times. You could be typing a message and "the most recently used app" would CONSTANTLY pop up and wouldn't go away until you either went to the home menu or turned it off. The keyboard wouldn't always type the correct letter, and sometimes mid text the phone would go straight to the home menu and completely remove your entire text. Phone would keep telling you the storage space was full when it wasn't as well. Photo and video quality are quite horrible, and usually come out blurry and hard to see. I will admit that the battery life was pretty good, and could last a bit over a day if you listen to music and text constantly. Overall? Wouldn't recommend it. Sure the price is good and the design is okay, but the negative traits on it eventually weigh out the positive. More recent phones offer more to the user, and in the end it would probably be better to spend a bit more on a newer model and have it last longer and keep your interest than to buy this one.

• 2014-08-21 23:04
  • q9NW

This phone is great (for the price) for only about $50/$60 USD/CAD, this phone does alot for the price, if it were more then the price above, it wouldn't be worth it due to its low RAM, small screen, low pixel density and 600MHz CPU, but for the price, this makes it worth it, good phone for those of you looking to get a basic starter Android smartphone, this making Android the best OS that's affordable and open to everybody, but I will admit, it DOES run an old outdated 2010 Android, Froyo 2.2

• 2014-07-12 03:43
  • j$1L

WiFi keeps disconnecting automatically after completing authentication process. Any ideas what might be wrong? Computer is successfully accessing WiFi as we speak.

• 2014-03-31 00:19
  • IEIf

> In reply to jojo @ 2012-05-25 01:08 from Y1bP - click to readNice phone

• 2013-06-28 11:51
  • v0qu

I used it about 6-12 month and it was starting to back home. It like than I press on button back, home, search all the time and get out of the apps very often. My sister and her husband had the same cellphoe... same problem... I think there are a bug on this phone

• 2013-05-17 16:46
  • qavV
  • F

Excellent keyboard and battery life, lasted 2-nearly 3 days with regular use.
This was my first phone and I loved it when I first got it, worked great and excellent for texting. Year and a half later need a new phone. Screen is completely shot, unresponsive, and nothing works. The first 6-8 months was awesome, after that it started glitching all the time. Great phone for cheap, I'll miss it, but overall a pretty sucky phone.

• 2013-04-27 17:41
  • IBMN

> In reply to Adnohr @ 2013-04-03 03:55 from YeGn - click to readAugh mine does the same thing and it is driving me nuts.. ive taken care of mine quite well , but it is over a year old now.. time for a new phone. Also it seems to be getting progressively worse....

• 2013-04-19 03:29
  • 4Mwq

> In reply to niki @ 2013-04-09 03:15 from 7CeH - click to readnaaah its crap i have one and its VERY annoying, its keeps thinking im pressing the home button, and when i put to much pressure on the coloured bit it goes :(

• 2013-04-12 18:28
  • pK{q

> In reply to Stephy @ 2012-10-15 17:59 from D9gB - click to readno way it is awesome

• 2013-04-09 03:15
  • 7CeH

I've already posted a review on this phone last year. For the past... I'm going to say... 6 months or so, this phone has been annoying sometimes. I'd be messaging and then it shows me this apps screen.. so I press back, and it goes back but then the app screen comes on again!! This doesn't stop unless I actually press the messaging app, but its annoying how it just keeps coming on. I tried turning it off and taking the battery out, but it still goes on! Sometimes I feel like I want to get a new phone, but I've only had this one for about a year and a couple months... I don't want to give up on it now. This app thing is just terrible when I'm in the middle of texting, sometimes I can't even turn off my phone because it does it!

• 2013-04-03 03:55
  • YeGn

When I try to check voice mail, I am asked for my password. Before I can enter it, my screen goes black. How do I correct this?

• 2013-01-11 02:08
  • 4Akc

where can i buy tis phone? i have no idea where to look anymore?!

• 2013-01-04 13:44
  • mx$S

I've owned this phone for almost 2 years and I enjoyed owning this phone. However, like some other touch screens, overuse, mistreatment and (water, etc.) damage will cause the phone to mess up. So long as you treat the phone properly, the screen and other features will work like it should. What was nice about the phone was that the keyboard made texting and other methods of communication very easy to do. However, after a long period of owning, I found the screen very hard to control as it would jam up or start messing up, even if you don't touch it.

• 2013-01-02 21:51
  • HKxy

> In reply to Kittykat99 @ 2012-05-04 02:30 from RYns - click to readI own this phone and i was stoked that i baught it for my self after like 4 weeks its started glitching and i never dropped it at all it sucks so much they need to discontinue this phone and not allow any one to buy it sucks that much it cant do anything so i got an iphone

• 2012-10-23 22:35
  • x5tF

> In reply to Kittykat99 @ 2012-05-04 02:30 from RYns - click to readThis is by far the absolute worst phone I've ever had. Like many people have said, they love it for awhile, but then absolutely hate it. I'm no different. This phone should of never come to stores. Like seriously, if your gonna make a phone. Make a few to start give them to people to try for a year or so, and do a review, god, I'm only 24 yrs old, not gone to university and I've figured that out. I'm having the same problems, plus connection problems, not sure if that is the phone or service provider. Either way save your money. Get the est phone and service out there.

• 2012-10-15 17:59
  • D9gB

Switched from an LG Keybo to this phone last December... And at first I LOVED the phone, but now I absolutely hate it. It will randomly close me from my apps (ESPECIALLY MESSAGING) and the Messaging app will constantly crash. My brother has the exact same phone with more apps etc on it and doesn't experience ANY of the problems I have... I WANT MY KEYBO BACK!

• 2012-10-03 01:35
  • q}0%

I've had this phone for almost two months by now and its so glitchy! I knew it was 3 years old and out of date but I never expected it to start randomly stop showing my menu and everything I'm getting a new phone pronto this week! I'M WARNING U DON'T GET THIS PHONE TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT!

• 2012-09-19 03:38
  • YeV3

> In reply to annoyed @ 2012-07-23 23:03 from Y1x2 - click to readI totally agree, my fone keeps cancelling out on me, and the messages kept closing down on me.
This phone just keeps playing up, wish I never brought it :(

• 2012-08-08 21:05
  • sXCK

Where can you buy this phone, if you live in england?

• 2012-08-01 12:08
  • HKQw

I am having the same problem while texting and calling. The phone jumps around from screen to screen. I have tried task killing apps, and turning the phone off, but still the same problem. Any suggestion on how to fix this issue? I have only had the phone for a short while and hate it already.

• 2012-07-27 05:28
  • 4A{9
Total of 128 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Chat C550.