LG Optimus G E975 - user opinions and reviews

LG

8.0
8.0
8.2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-13 13:10 from uSSK - click to readThis one is better than Sony Xperia z though it has some low specifications then z but the battery is excellent G either in 2g or 3G the phone is doing good

• 2013-03-13 18:15
  • vGCZ

> In reply to fun @ 2013-03-08 04:50 from P}vn - click to readOptimus G was proven BETTER THAN S3 .

G Pro is THE BEST PHABLET but not competing to s4.

wait for Optimus G2 to compete with s4.

• 2013-03-13 13:10
  • uSSK

I know this is a review of the e-973 but since you included notation of the camera variance between cariers you really should have noted the media card slot on the at&t version. Also both the front and back ate made of Corning gorilla glass 2 just to be specific. Otherwise great review I have ordered my g and wait with much anticipation.

• 2013-03-12 13:37
  • Q@{$

> In reply to S 3 LOVER! @ 2013-02-06 03:05 from qFkA - click to readDude u joking!! S3 is nothing compared to this monster

• 2013-03-12 11:34
  • 3sEj

> In reply to fun @ 2013-03-08 04:50 from P}vn - click to readPersonally I feel the G is better than the S3 but it all depends on what you prefer.. I personally like the body of the G way more.. the s3 feels weird in my hands which was s turnoff to me. Plus the g is smaller screen which I prefer over larger as its easier to handle and can still be used comfortably with a single hand.

The performance of the G is better too as well as the screen.. but again some people prefer amoled so it depends on preference really.. both are awesome phones so you wont lose with either really.

• 2013-03-09 08:23

• 2013-03-09 08:21
  • 4Ath

I just wish it has a memory card slot..

• 2013-03-08 14:38
  • K5gW

Is Samsung galxy S3 better that this ?

how about waiting for optimus g pro / s4 .
Please suggest tech gurus

• 2013-03-08 04:50
  • P}vn

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-03 16:23 from XMiv - click to readdont worry about the memoery of that 800 mb about 550 is preloaded crap that it can release when you need but but in reality you will never need it.
games like dead trigger only need 100 mb ram and thats only when your playing.
ram is dumped when you close the app so even if its shows in use its actualy free memory.
i agree this should be done differently but maby defs feel the need to use ram when its free rather then leave it free which i think is more efficient.
the phone loads everything it can into the ram for wheneever you need it now which tome is a waste as it needs to use cpu power to do this and then again use cpu power to dump it out of the ram and later load it again.
so thats 3 times wasted cpu power because of 1 stupid dev. (not lg but google defs in this case)
leaving the memory free and only using it for things you as a user actualy needs is way more effective both for the battery and speedwise but they have yet to realize that.

maby in the future it will intelligently learn what you use often and only load that into the ram and things you barely use wil then not be preloaded or dumped after use.

as for the speeker this is most likely because these phones get thinner and thinner all the time.
bass speakers need to make longer cone movements to create the low bass sounds which in a thin phone is just impossible as the phone is to thin to have a long cone movement.

• 2013-03-07 22:24
  • iJe8

Such a nice mobile

• 2013-03-07 12:01
  • ut18

Got the phone today (the e975 version) even after a crappy experience with the Optimus 2x. What made me buy it? An irresistible promo that cost me only SGD98 for the phone.

So far really loving the screen, the build of the phone, the speed and Jelly Bean! A lot of people complainng about the camera but i think it's ok. Not excellent but good. We'll see how it fares after long use...

• 2013-03-07 10:56
  • PUmB

I just brought this in Bangalore, India. The price is 31k.
Pros -
Good battery life
slick and compact with such hardware
Good built.

Cons -
Speaker is horrible. It sounds like a tin can rattling. The speaker quality and volume are both horrible. You cannot hear ringtones. Very cheap quality.
The camera is average. All the photos are yellowish. They are not in focus. It blur. The flash power is low.
I have Samsung Galaxy Note 2 which has excellent camera and speaker quality.

• 2013-03-06 11:50
  • NG%1

super phone

• 2013-03-05 07:49
  • vGtm

the only minus point in this phone is that the camera sensor is not a BSI one. So, low light photography will not be at par with the great camera phones out there. However, for the price this one comes with, the camera is pretty good!

• 2013-03-04 17:57
  • vGZ5

Anyway, why many people saying the price is expensive? I bought this one around 570 usd. Its cheaper than htc one x+ and galaxy s3, but with better fitures

• 2013-03-04 03:07
  • 6%m$

Just bought this one, but e975 version. So far so good. But i have 2 things bother me.

1st, i didnt install anything yet, nor activating google account but my ram showed 800mhz used and only left 1.2ghz, waw, how if i install many game and application?? This is weird..

2nd. Speaker sound is loud, but too many treble imo. My atrix 3g sound is more bass than this.

But overall im very satisfied with this optimus. Very clear screen and bright, clear camera and video player. Still exploring...

• 2013-03-03 16:23
  • XMiv

> In reply to Thiru @ 2013-02-25 04:53 from 2FdG - click to readBrowsing speed it very fast using any browser, chrome, dolphin, or stock browser.
I use dolphin and am on 4.1.2 which I custom loaded onto this handset after root and freegee.
Internet is the best on any phone I have used and is very responsive on lte and wifi.

• 2013-03-02 19:16
  • 4Ath

ok so iv heard abt sound quality not being upto par for the nexus4 can any1 give hands on advice abt the optimus g im so freakin confused wat abt jb 4.2 will LG release an update soon??? Wat are the other probs faced by users

• 2013-03-02 18:46
  • tE$Z

I had been waiting for the launch of this phone since I read about it. Frankly there are those who think that LG's phones suck, but I prefer them to many other brands. So the day it was officially launched in India I picked it up from this awesome site that I usually rely on to pick up my mobile phones mnvcollections.com

I got this phone in my hands a few days ago and I think it's damn neat. I only wish that LG had not priced it at such a premium. Still if iPhone can command high prices, then I think LG has a right to do so too.

• 2013-03-02 04:27
  • Kfxb

im using this phone fast 1week, nice cool amazing

• 2013-03-01 09:11
  • vGus
Total of 2406 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus G E975.