LG Optimus G Pro E985 - user opinions and reviews

LG

> In reply to LG lover @ 2014-10-16 15:53 from 6P9F - click to readHighly unlikely, the confirmed list of phones as of right now for the Android 5.0 Lollipop update is very short. The most optimistic outlook would be that LG pushes an update for all phones part of the G series. It's likely that only the LG G2 and G3 will see the 5.0 update though.

Honestly as someone who's had this phone for a year, KitKat is all I need. After the update my phone was actually worse for a couple weeks, but a patch came through and now my phone is faster than ever. Plus they implemented a few UI changes that I really like.

• 2014-10-20 18:26
  • gGrZ

> In reply to undead citizen @ 2014-10-13 11:46 from t}AX - click to readi am using f240 its nice to work in pakistan

• 2014-10-20 07:28
  • sR45

Is LG planing to provide Android L 5.0 update for G Pro? If yes then i will buy it.

• 2014-10-16 15:53
  • 6P9F

hi iam from india i am using lg e980 at&t unlocked version...pls any one tell me how to update it.using the wirless updation the phone shows its not registered ...

• 2014-10-14 17:55
  • PBxS

Hi, Guys. Iam from India.
I like this phone but it's too costly in local
market, so I want to opt for imported set
which is available at less price. Iam going for the Korean version: F240L.
Please someone tell me is the korean model having
all the features of E988 the Indian version?
Is it a bad idea to go for the korean Lg G Pro in india?
Also some one tell me if the model will work
perfectly on all Indian Sims for 2G & 3G.
Can I be able to update them in India?
Please mention if there are any other causes
of concern.
Please help me.

• 2014-10-13 11:46
  • t}AX

its just awesome and very wonderful experience..
its just better than same rng samsung devices...

• 2014-10-11 14:58
  • YQbH

> In reply to BAIJU @ 2014-09-09 19:19 from uwTu - click to readIf you used the s2,s3,and s4,your contacts should've been backed up by Google and seamlessly synced with your Google account

• 2014-10-09 04:47
  • 49T7

> In reply to Matt @ 2014-10-07 05:27 from wYyG - click to readIf you have upgraded to kitkat, just go to settings then scroll to gestures and you'll see it there. Check it and you can knock off.

• 2014-10-07 14:48
  • fuNc

> In reply to BigBite @ 2014-07-31 04:23 from KLU4 - click to readHow do i knock off?

• 2014-10-07 05:27
  • wYyG

i have a lg pro g e986. i really like the phone but it is getting very hot on the front surface and back in a matter of seconds from when i start using it.please what could be causing that heat, i have it only one day now.

• 2014-10-06 05:47
  • KsMU

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-26 10:15 from frZH - click to readDo not fiddle with the phone,do it once a month for updates on PC Suite.They release it countrywise not all at once.

• 2014-10-05 16:20
  • X{TL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-03 23:34 from fuN1 - click to readNo,do not experiment if its working fine and for battery install juice defender from Google play.

• 2014-10-05 16:17
  • X{TL

I've upgraded my G Pro to Kitkat via LG pc suite, I can confirm that after the update a lot of things look and perform better but I can also confirm that the battery life didn't improve, it just remained as it was and I consider that a let down from LG. By the way I didn't do factory reset, is it compulsory ?

• 2014-10-03 23:34
  • fuN1

I'm using e988 for last 5 months. When it was on 4.1.2 it gave lte option in networks, however after updating to 4.4.2 I'm unable to see lte option. Can any one please help me in resolving the issue as I am on a carrier that is offering 4g lte services.

• 2014-10-01 04:42
  • uZaS

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-09-26 10:15 from frZH - click to readnot every country received the update, you will probably have to instaal CWM or TWRP and than install a kitkat rom from XDA Forum

• 2014-10-01 00:27
  • p@Xn

> In reply to undead citizen @ 2014-09-25 07:50 from rKaB - click to readm using F240L from past 6 months.
The only problem i noticed is the camera is unable to take near image such as text on paper.
I think the autofocus dont work properly on F240L model.
Don't know about other models

• 2014-09-29 08:21
  • X}gY

Did anyone got the Kitkat update in South Africa? I've been using this phone (E988) for over a year now and when connected to LG PC suite it says you phone has the latest software.

• 2014-09-26 10:15
  • frZH

ilove this phone!

• 2014-09-26 05:59
  • vaN}

Hi, Guys. Iam from India.
I like this phone but it's too costly in local market, so I want to opt for imported set which is available at less price. There are 2 versions when it comes to Korean versions. F240L & F240K.
Please someone guide me as I don't know the difference between them and which one will be better.
Also some one tell me if the models work perfectly on all Indian Sims for 2G & 3G.
Can I be able to update them in India?
Please mention if there are any other causes of concern.
Please help me decide.

• 2014-09-25 07:50
  • rKaB

HI Friends,

I am using LG optmius g pro E980 (AT&T unlocked ).

I want to update my phone to Kitkat and i came accrosss that to update my phone i need to connected to Lg PC suit via computer when i tried i am getting an error message as Authentication faliure so i am not able to on the USB Debugging.

Still i am facing issue with Hot Spot and USB Debugging.

Is there any way to fix these problem and i need to update to Kitkat. i have the Kitkat Kdz file.

• 2014-09-25 04:44
  • Afay
Total of 2011 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus G Pro E985.