LG Optimus G Pro E985 - user opinions and reviews

LG

> In reply to Parvez alam @ 2014-07-06 15:43 from KAh$ - click to readHow fast is your battery draining compared to before? And generally are you saying that the update is a wrong move?

• 2014-07-06 19:19
  • fuNc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-05 14:58 from fuNc - click to readHi i got OTA update for lg g pro E988 India, everything seems to fine but below are the issues which i am having.

1. After update notification light was not working for whtsapp and other applications except calls, msg but after doing factory reset now led is working (pls take lg back up before factory reset)

2. Battery draining like anything which is very disappoinment.
3. Touch improved UI improved. Now we can download more themes, fonts.from lg smart world. Camera features improved.

I was expecting more changes but i am not fully satisfied..only knock off code recvd..

Main problem is battery draining vert fast

• 2014-07-06 15:43
  • KAh$

> In reply to Vishal @ 2014-07-05 13:44 from PPdd - click to readPerhaps you didnt update well, plus did you factory reset after the update? Pls has any other person encountered this problem with notification light not working with apps like whatsapp, viber, facebook etc except it works only for missed calls and sms?

• 2014-07-05 14:58
  • fuNc

> In reply to gourav @ 2014-07-04 09:30 from t}eH - click to readI got an over the air upgrade for Android Kitkat 4.4.2 for my LG E988 on 1st july 2014.
Though i spammed LG india on twitter like anything.
I was excited about the upgrade but now i feel sad about it.
Notification LED doesnt work for apps other than SMS , Calls and Alarms.
Battery life is screwed.
Auto brightness sucks big time. It dims the screen to an extent that you will end up un-checking auto brightness option.

• 2014-07-05 13:44
  • PPdd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-04 05:04 from ITV% - click to readActivate it in the seeting - gesture

• 2014-07-05 06:40
  • 7XMW

> In reply to gourav @ 2014-07-04 09:30 from t}eH - click to readI'm also facing the same problem

• 2014-07-05 02:05
  • Hkq3

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 22:52 from fuNc - click to read**Reposting

So I got it to read the music files in my internak memory. I connected the phone via usb to the pc and selected the 'media sync' option to try and trick it..and well it worked and I am now trying to get the sd card music to be identified

• 2014-07-04 15:57
  • vbLh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 22:52 from fuNc - click to readHey ...I noticed it and discovered that kitkat does not autoscan the media. It used to scan the sd card when the device was booted when it had jelly bean....it doesn't do that anymore and none of the scan apps help ...i did not try the root based apps cuz I don't want to root this phone

• 2014-07-04 15:54
  • vbLh

Hi All

Please share your experience after 4.4.2 Kitkat update on LG G PRO E988

for Me battery discharging fast and find lag while playing games and and hanging issue

if this problem doesn"t fix in time i would prefer to go Back to 4.1 as it look more stable and fast for me

• 2014-07-04 09:30
  • t}eH

After getting 4.4.2 update Ota. My knock code off function is not working.
any suggestions?

• 2014-07-04 05:04
  • ITV%

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 22:52 from fuNc - click to readWell vry frankly I didn't face any kind of problem as yet. I hv got a 32gb class 10 memory card n my optimus g pro has easily detected it.

• 2014-07-03 10:16
  • fCxq

> In reply to rrits @ 2014-06-29 16:50 from utt9 - click to readI really do not have idea about the registration. I also have the AT&T unlocked phone, when i select the software upgrade option it says your phone not registered. So no idea what needs to do for the kitkat upgrade. Can you any one help on this how to upgrade.

• 2014-07-03 08:45
  • rxiM

could you change from dalvik to art after update or it is hidden?

• 2014-07-03 07:31
  • HFd8

Finally my Lg g pro e988 updated to kitkat 4.4.2 yesterday in Kuwait still testing but feel great :)

• 2014-07-03 06:56
  • 6vvw

> In reply to sam58 @ 2014-07-02 15:50 from fCxq - click to readSomebody reported inability to access music files from memory card after the update, what do you have to say about this ? Did you notice the same thing or you dont use memory card on ur device?

• 2014-07-02 22:52
  • fuNc

> In reply to sam58 @ 2014-07-02 15:50 from fCxq - click to readDid you notice this issue that someone just reported about not being able to read music on his memory card?

• 2014-07-02 22:30

> In reply to sam58 @ 2014-07-02 09:05 from fCxX - click to readHi Sam,

I updated and factory reseted it and it is not identifying my music files. I am totally perplexed. When i go to File manager it says 0 music files when I sure as hell know I have music files in the SD card. Its reading the other stuff. It is so frustrating!

• 2014-07-02 19:38
  • XNm0

I am from India with E988 model....Updated to 4.4.2 Kit Kat yesterday....all is fine and running smooth....minor changes but effective ones like Qslide enable button...Camera functions....addition in Music equaliser. Only problem is when i updated my phone the battery indication was 75% and now it is not getting updated after the upgrade...Showing constantly 75%...any one facing similar or other issues

• 2014-07-02 18:15
  • 2@xL

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 13:59 from fuNc - click to readWell I think u should wait for the official OTA update for your country. As the update roll out is staged n it should gradually seeding to your device.

• 2014-07-02 15:50
  • fCxq

update take around 3 hours my wifi speed 5 MBPS

• 2014-07-02 14:17
  • YMkj
Total of 2052 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus G Pro E985.