LG Optimus G Pro E985 - user opinions and reviews

LG

Generally, is kitkat update a bad move? Updating from LG pc suite and updating OTA which one is a better way to update?

• 2014-07-12 18:28
  • fuNc

can someone give a brief review of kitkat upgrade for Indonesia. I wonder if the problem issues here would be find for kitkat upgrade in INA

• 2014-07-12 17:40
  • PFxd

My browser isn't. Working. .. it says unfortunately stopped. ... please help

• 2014-07-12 08:51
  • jxXT

I can't download whatsapp... please help me.

• 2014-07-12 08:47
  • jxXT

I get kitkat Update ...... But now Notification LED not working on WhatsApp.

How to rool back.

• 2014-07-10 15:17
  • y{04

> In reply to gourav @ 2014-07-04 09:30 from t}eH - click to readi have updated my lg e988 from jellybean to kitkat...kitkat totally sucks...the main reason behind it that it doesnt allow access to write file or apps in external storage...kitkat is just a lollypop for users...besides userinterface its a bullshit...i m going to revert back to jellybean...

• 2014-07-10 08:39
  • uwic

I'm very pleased given kitkat update. Thanks to LG. There is little problem sometime Bluetooth lost.

• 2014-07-10 06:49
  • 0CnN

> In reply to Nobman @ 2014-07-09 23:13 from fuNc - click to readI'm in Nigeria and i now have the update but not OTA. You have to use LG pc suite, that was how i got mine. I don't know if OTA will come after wards

• 2014-07-10 01:58
  • fuNc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 13:59 from fuNc - click to readLG Mobile doesn't care much about us here in Africa, especially in Nigeria. They only are about us buying their products but not with sending us update on time as with other regions unlike Samsung. Please, do for us on time as you are doing for other. I can't wait to have KitKat on my Optimus G Pro (E988).

• 2014-07-09 23:13
  • fuNc

It's okay, I guess, but I'm having trouble with the email. I signed in my email on my phone, and I haven't been getting any emails that people have sent me, but when I signed into my email on my tablet, I received all my emails. I don't know what it is, at first I thought it was the email, but it's something wrong with the phone...please fix

• 2014-07-09 10:11
  • kTZQ

> In reply to Hunky007 @ 2014-07-07 03:19 from rATf - click to readOh are you saying that the update is bad or we shouldnt update our own for those that havent received their own yet?

• 2014-07-08 18:05
  • fuNc

> In reply to undead citizen @ 2014-07-08 08:03 from rKMN - click to readIt dep3nds on what you call wash3d out colours.

• 2014-07-08 09:09

Hey, Guys.
Iam from India and planning to go for this phone, but my problem is that Iam a big fan of Amoled screens with great colour reproduction but find no other Samsung phone in by budget except Note 2, which is too old and outdated.
I find colours of other screens washed out compared to Amoleds. I want to buy this phone but want to know if it's colour reproduction can be compared to Amoleds or is it like washed out? Also how are the Blacks?
Is the speaker loud and clear?

• 2014-07-08 08:03
  • rKMN

All those who are using this phone, please give me a feedback on the performance of the mobile. ... .
Thank You. ... .

• 2014-07-08 07:57
  • Kht8

If you are using this phone, please give me a feedback on the performance of the mobile. ... .
Thank You. ... .

• 2014-07-08 07:56

• 2014-07-08 07:55
  • Kht8

So this is for people who are experiencing issues while accessing media files after the kitkat update.

Reason: Google acted all cheeky and took off the auto scan feature (used to automatically scan the SD card every time you booted the phone. This was apparently done for a good reason to make it more secure.

I had issues with the phone not identifying the music files on the SD Card. The following players seem to work.

Rocket Player- Has a setting to rescan the device - something I guess you will have to do once you add new music files.
n7player - Has a better interface
Trax Music player - You can access the SD card and play songs in specific folders ( file size is small)

I am sure there are more.

Battery Drain- yes, I faced the issue too. I was crestfallen to see that my phone battery went down from 80% to 2% without any activity (I was sleeping)in 8 hrs. I then drained the battery completely, charged to 100%. For some reason it charges really fast through computer connected USB compared to a proper power connection.

I switched off the auto brightness and installed advanced task killer (scheduled it to kill apps every half an hr)
it has worked and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. I DON'T want to root my phone as it has been good.

Hope this helps!

• 2014-07-07 20:51
  • XNm0

> In reply to uday @ 2014-07-07 06:28 from uthE - click to readI had similar problem. I had put 7 icons on bottom horizontal bar. When I deleted 2, then with remaing 5 icons (which are there in standard home), Home worked perfectly.
Just thank if it solves your problem.

• 2014-07-07 17:50
  • rJDh

Just thank if it solves your problem.

• 2014-07-07 17:45
  • rJDh

Hi, I have update my E988 to 4.4.2 but home option is not working for me. it says "unfortunately Home has stopped"

• 2014-07-07 06:28
  • uthE
Total of 1934 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus G Pro E985.