LG Optimus G Pro E985 - user opinions and reviews

LG

> In reply to Nobman @ 2014-07-09 23:13 from fuNc - click to readI'm in Nigeria and i now have the update but not OTA. You have to use LG pc suite, that was how i got mine. I don't know if OTA will come after wards

• 2014-07-10 01:58
  • fuNc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-02 13:59 from fuNc - click to readLG Mobile doesn't care much about us here in Africa, especially in Nigeria. They only are about us buying their products but not with sending us update on time as with other regions unlike Samsung. Please, do for us on time as you are doing for other. I can't wait to have KitKat on my Optimus G Pro (E988).

• 2014-07-09 23:13
  • fuNc

It's okay, I guess, but I'm having trouble with the email. I signed in my email on my phone, and I haven't been getting any emails that people have sent me, but when I signed into my email on my tablet, I received all my emails. I don't know what it is, at first I thought it was the email, but it's something wrong with the phone...please fix

• 2014-07-09 10:11
  • kTZQ

> In reply to Hunky007 @ 2014-07-07 03:19 from rATf - click to readOh are you saying that the update is bad or we shouldnt update our own for those that havent received their own yet?

• 2014-07-08 18:05
  • fuNc

> In reply to undead citizen @ 2014-07-08 08:03 from rKMN - click to readIt dep3nds on what you call wash3d out colours.

• 2014-07-08 09:09

Hey, Guys.
Iam from India and planning to go for this phone, but my problem is that Iam a big fan of Amoled screens with great colour reproduction but find no other Samsung phone in by budget except Note 2, which is too old and outdated.
I find colours of other screens washed out compared to Amoleds. I want to buy this phone but want to know if it's colour reproduction can be compared to Amoleds or is it like washed out? Also how are the Blacks?
Is the speaker loud and clear?

• 2014-07-08 08:03
  • rKMN

All those who are using this phone, please give me a feedback on the performance of the mobile. ... .
Thank You. ... .

• 2014-07-08 07:57
  • Kht8

If you are using this phone, please give me a feedback on the performance of the mobile. ... .
Thank You. ... .

• 2014-07-08 07:56

• 2014-07-08 07:55
  • Kht8

So this is for people who are experiencing issues while accessing media files after the kitkat update.

Reason: Google acted all cheeky and took off the auto scan feature (used to automatically scan the SD card every time you booted the phone. This was apparently done for a good reason to make it more secure.

I had issues with the phone not identifying the music files on the SD Card. The following players seem to work.

Rocket Player- Has a setting to rescan the device - something I guess you will have to do once you add new music files.
n7player - Has a better interface
Trax Music player - You can access the SD card and play songs in specific folders ( file size is small)

I am sure there are more.

Battery Drain- yes, I faced the issue too. I was crestfallen to see that my phone battery went down from 80% to 2% without any activity (I was sleeping)in 8 hrs. I then drained the battery completely, charged to 100%. For some reason it charges really fast through computer connected USB compared to a proper power connection.

I switched off the auto brightness and installed advanced task killer (scheduled it to kill apps every half an hr)
it has worked and I am keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue. I DON'T want to root my phone as it has been good.

Hope this helps!

• 2014-07-07 20:51
  • XNm0

> In reply to uday @ 2014-07-07 06:28 from uthE - click to readI had similar problem. I had put 7 icons on bottom horizontal bar. When I deleted 2, then with remaing 5 icons (which are there in standard home), Home worked perfectly.
Just thank if it solves your problem.

• 2014-07-07 17:50
  • rJDh

Just thank if it solves your problem.

• 2014-07-07 17:45
  • rJDh

Hi, I have update my E988 to 4.4.2 but home option is not working for me. it says "unfortunately Home has stopped"

• 2014-07-07 06:28
  • uthE

Hi, Updated my G PRO E988 in India on 5th July and used for last two days. For everybody I did hard reset my phone after update as hard reset removes any application/update related bug/functional interference. Below is full hands on experience:

No gos first :

- Battery draining is shocking. Immediately after update, battery dropped from 26% to 15% and same shows in battery usage graph. Got screenshot of the same for LG to analysse.
- Charged full battery y'day to 100% whein I deliberately kept phone plugged for an hour extra even after fully charged to see battery behaviour of overcharge/extra charge.
- Battery draining on 3G network while using phone (not necessary browsing but data is on) is like 1% drop for every two minutes. My battery dropped from 92% to 85% in 15 minutes today morning when I was not browsing but my 3G data was on and I was checking whatsapp messages. Screen is on 60% auto which is pretty dim in room light. Battery draining on 3G network wss like 1% for every 5 minutes on 4.1.
- Network on 3G is not stable and phone keeps looking for network every now and then, it was not the case earlier and not the case with my other number put in Nokia phone having 3G connection.
- Battery dimming on auto mode is too extreme. in 4.1 auto dimming was virtually non functional and now it is too much functional causing eye strain.
- Internal available memory seems to have gone down by some 200 odd mb may be due to update software being larger than earlier one.

Pros
- UI is smooth and more responsive.
- Fonts, themes etc are available thru LG smart world.
- Immersive screen mode is good and exciting.
- RAM manager shows more RAM available than earlier. I noticed that after my normal usage earlier RAM available used to be in the range of 700 mb which is now in 800 mb range so enhancement of 100 mb which is some 10-12% more.
- I m not sure but looks like LED management has improved, earlier I had to install third party application to customise LED alerts but it is working fine with default configuration.
- Standby battery management has improved dramatically e.g. i switched off my data around 10 p.m. y'day night and today morning @ 5.45 a.m. battery had gone down by 1% only but as soon I switched on my 3G data, it straightaway went down by another 1% and then draining quickly.
- Exchange activesyc for corporate mails has improved by providing zoom and text wrapping option which was earlier not available.
- Dialer shows little larger text which is handy for all and good usage of large screen.

Rest I am still testing.. will keep updating others.

• 2014-07-07 03:19
  • rATf

> In reply to Parvez alam @ 2014-07-06 15:43 from KAh$ - click to readHow fast is your battery draining compared to before? And generally are you saying that the update is a wrong move?

• 2014-07-06 19:19
  • fuNc

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-05 14:58 from fuNc - click to readHi i got OTA update for lg g pro E988 India, everything seems to fine but below are the issues which i am having.

1. After update notification light was not working for whtsapp and other applications except calls, msg but after doing factory reset now led is working (pls take lg back up before factory reset)

2. Battery draining like anything which is very disappoinment.
3. Touch improved UI improved. Now we can download more themes, fonts.from lg smart world. Camera features improved.

I was expecting more changes but i am not fully satisfied..only knock off code recvd..

Main problem is battery draining vert fast

• 2014-07-06 15:43
  • KAh$

> In reply to Vishal @ 2014-07-05 13:44 from PPdd - click to readPerhaps you didnt update well, plus did you factory reset after the update? Pls has any other person encountered this problem with notification light not working with apps like whatsapp, viber, facebook etc except it works only for missed calls and sms?

• 2014-07-05 14:58
  • fuNc

> In reply to gourav @ 2014-07-04 09:30 from t}eH - click to readI got an over the air upgrade for Android Kitkat 4.4.2 for my LG E988 on 1st july 2014.
Though i spammed LG india on twitter like anything.
I was excited about the upgrade but now i feel sad about it.
Notification LED doesnt work for apps other than SMS , Calls and Alarms.
Battery life is screwed.
Auto brightness sucks big time. It dims the screen to an extent that you will end up un-checking auto brightness option.

• 2014-07-05 13:44
  • PPdd

Though i spammed LG india on twitter like anything.
I was excited about the upgrade but now i feel sad about it.
Notification LED doesnt work for apps other than SMS , Calls and Alarms.
Battery life is screwed.

• 2014-07-05 13:37
  • PPdd

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-07-04 05:04 from ITV% - click to readActivate it in the seeting - gesture

• 2014-07-05 06:40
  • 7XMW
Total of 1927 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus G Pro E985.