LG Optimus L7 II Dual P715 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.7
7.7
7.4

Worst phone ever. Unreliable, keeps shutting down, slow, not enough internal hars drive to run any apps (i know you have the option to store apps on sd card, but this phone cant read an sd card 80% of the time). Just started dying about 2 weeks after warranty expired. Piece of shit .

• 2015-01-30 22:17
  • 7stN

I wish to know how to turn on 3G in this model LG P715

• 2015-01-29 09:40
  • KAdb

Dear All,
I have updated my LG P715 to kitkat but after update it started lagging and also battery started draining very fast, I tried calling LG Customer care for downgrading back to Jelly bean but they did not get my call and the the call got transferred several times to home appliance department instead of mobile department several times then I decided to format my LG P715 and pressed volume down key + short cut Q memo Key + power botton and now it is awesome my phone is working smoothly and battery is also excellent. Really everyone must upgrade to Kitkat and just format it then the phone will work like a charm enjoy this superb handset from LG.
***** 5 star to LG
just costumer care people are irresponsible.

• 2015-01-28 08:52
  • KSta

> In reply to Raven summoner @ 2015-01-26 12:00 from gx@x - click to readThx Dude
I Did It

Full List For Your Phone Here

but it givent me the link to download ROM :((

• 2015-01-26 20:12
  • au{5

> In reply to Mth @ 2015-01-25 19:51 from au{E - click to readat least kitkat will make it more convenient
go here
and put your phone serial number in the box and it will tell you which rom you must download.
then go here
and download it
you must download and use "lg software update" but before that search in google and find full guide for your phone.
i dont have it in english sorry ...
it takes aboute 15 minutes to upgrade to kitkat (4.4.2) and you must not touch anything till its finish and your phone self-resets.
hope it helped
by

• 2015-01-26 12:00
  • gx@x

Hi Guys
I Am Using 4.1.2 Android Now
Can I Update It To 4.4 ?
Pls Give Me Link If U Know Any Update For It !

• 2015-01-25 19:51
  • au{E

this phone have absolutely very older technology.i bought this phone few months ago then i understand that my money hav ebeen wasted.lg mobile is not for middle class people.........

• 2015-01-21 13:04
  • U@HL

very good mobile

• 2015-01-20 12:34
  • uwa@

> In reply to Teacherk6 @ 2015-01-15 21:28 from 7sr4 - click to readweird !
i have it in my hand right now and have the off option in camera shutter sound !
i have it now on kitkat 4.4.2 and i had it before update in 4.1.2 jelly bean !
how is this possible ?!
what are the LG Guys doing ?!

• 2015-01-16 22:07
  • gx@n

This phone sucks to the core... nobody buy this phone..blive me it scks

• 2015-01-16 04:33
  • 7txb

> In reply to Raven summoner @ 2015-01-15 11:22 from gx@G - click to readA torch app is a basic function and does not in any way effect the performance of the phone other than providing light. In all my other phones ANY torch app creates a very bright light. In this phone I have used several apps and all produce minimal light - 25% of all the older phones I had with the same app.

There is NO way to turn off the camera shutter sound. I have 4 tone options "Tone 1", "Tone 2" etc. All are loud and they can't be turned off in any way at all. There is no 'off' option on my handset menu.

The overheating problem comes on randomly - hot or cold. Last time it happened in my car with air-con on at 22 degrees!

• 2015-01-15 21:28
  • 7sr4

Volume Problem...
Every 2 hrs phone ring volume automatically reduce to 0.
I missed many calls due to this problem.. I checked all settings but nothing works.. Really annoying....
Is there any assistance to overcome this issue...? Please help me..

• 2015-01-15 18:42
  • XuZT

Volume Problem...
Every 2 hrs phone ring volume automatically reduce to 0.
Is there any assistance to overcome this issue...? Please help me..

• 2015-01-15 18:36
  • XuZT

> In reply to Teacherk6 @ 2015-01-15 09:55 from 7srE - click to read1.torch is NOT a default feature for this phone and using third party apps is somthing like hacking or rooting your phone which is not standard use so don't blame the phone !

2.true

3. 4 buttons are like mirror they are ...mmm half bad because you will get used to it ...

4.i use only one sim

5.i use only one sim

6.how do you say this ?! just go to camera app > gear icon(settings) > Shatter sound > off (!)

7.true . they went above 1G!(each!) on my phone but i don't think they take user space (when you remove them the "pictures size" will go to zero but will not add to your free available space ...!)

8.note true . it only will activate by overheating ...

9.Bluetooth will not work perfect on any phone !!!

*10* this phone (as i mentioned before) has some serious problems :
my phone sometimes shows that your phone has stop working
and sometimes camera is also not working,it shows your system ui system has been stopped
sometimes it restarts automatically
AND When Listenin to music (Headphone or Speakers) after some tracks played some sounds will destroy your relaxation! phone hangs and will self restarts with about two minutes hang ...
I have your camera Problem too.
I used Garanty and ther Flashed my ROM but after about 1 month same problem so i decided to give it to Guranty Center ... i think its somehow happens because of two growing files in Phone memory/DCIM/ .
there is two files in there (.thumbdata3-*some numbers*) that will grow over time and deleting them will creat them again !they are about 2.5Gig right now in my phone and still having the camera problem.
about the hangs ... its because of Ram its about 612MB that more than half of it is busy :|
what do they thing with this low RAM ???!!!
I have your Problems Mate and I'm Aboute to replace the phone with a better one (at least in RAM thing !)

but with a little more you can buy Galaxy S II Samsung's Flagship :)

• 2015-01-15 11:22
  • gx@G

This phone is at the cheaper end of the dual sim market but it has several flaws tat make it very user unfriendly:

1) The torch is only as bright as the screen - I have used several different torch apps and they seem to only make the LED 25% lit. If you use the LED as a flash it is super bright, use it as a torch and the performance is extremely poor - next to useless!

2) Once this phone is loaded up with apps it is very, very slow and laggy.

3) The 4 buttons at the bottom of the screen DON'T ILLUMINATE!!! What a joke.

4) There is a random glitch that automatically turns on the second sim - it happens once a week at least.

5) The phone goes through phases where after every phone call / message a screen pops up asking what sim you would like to use??? Then it doesn't happen for months.

6) There is NO WAY to silence the camera! Put it on vibrate, silent etc and the camera always makes a sound - very, VERY annoying.

7) The phantom files that the camera folder contain - I always have two 150-200mb thumbnail files that serve no purpose other than taking up valuable space.

8) Screen brightness reduction due to 'overheating'. This never happened till a few weeks ago, even when it is used indoors and when it isn't that hot.

9) Bluetooth that randomly doesn't work, will not turn on etc.

Hope this has helped? If you are looking to buy this phone perhaps spend a little more and get another model.

• 2015-01-15 09:55
  • 7srE

I am also facing camera freeze.. and also the prob is that whenver i received messages, the phone does not vibrate.. it vibrates only when receiving call.. what should i do??

• 2015-01-07 15:58
  • Nv9H

ATTENTION BUYERS !
ME AND TWO MORE PEOPLE (as i read in a part of comments!) HAVE THIS PROBLEMS AND STILL HAVING THEM ...
SO STOP BUYING IT TILL ALL OF THEM FIXED.

my phone sometimes shows that your phone has stop working
sometimes it restarts automatically
I have your camera Problem too.
what do they thing with this low RAM ???!!!

I Copy Pasted mine and others opinions ...
hope you know what you are doing ...

• 2014-12-30 21:03

> In reply to Vishal @ 2014-06-21 12:06 from uvRv - click to read612 MB Ram :|
Test it Bro ... With Antutu Maybe !

• 2014-12-30 20:55
  • pTi5

> In reply to samir @ 2014-12-08 12:03 from NqX} - click to readI have your camera Problem too.
Hope Helped

• 2014-12-30 20:50

> In reply to ARUN @ 2014-12-30 16:38 from i49y - click to readHello
go to
settings > Back Up & Reset
Down there is the option you are looking for ...
It will Erase ALL the data, Settings, Phone Number, Data of preinstalled apps, user apps and pretty much every thing (like you just bought it today !) and if i remember right it will give you an option to erase everything on your External SD as well so be careful of what you are going to do.
Hope helped

• 2014-12-30 20:40
  • pTi5
Total of 1226 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L7 II Dual P715.