LG Optimus L7 II P710 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.9
7.9
7.8

A possible way to make home screen more responsive, especially if you have widgets on it: switch to nova launcher, set "aggressive desktop" under nova advanced settings. You will loose lg widgets (ie. weather - use 1weather or similar)

• 2014-10-29 15:07
  • MvsF

hi, I used mine just with 4.4.2 and have mic problem and gps is bad/slow. i would like to try 4.1 without losing my warranty. how can i do it? (no rooting at least yet)

• 2014-10-28 11:26
  • 0CXN

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-10-28 09:14 from 0EJ} - click to readThanks man, in some situations it doesn't work for me :(( . I know there are other ways to handle this microphone problem and whoever knows them PLEASE write them to mmvv80@yahoo.com (gsmarena may have some restrictions for posting names of apps )THANKS

• 2014-10-28 11:23
  • 0CXN

> In reply to mv @ 2014-10-27 10:32 from 0CXN - click to readJust turn on and off the speaker. It's works for me.

• 2014-10-28 09:14
  • 0EJ}

Hi to all
pls tell me the name of the application that can handle the microphones. people can't hear me when I'm calling (mmvv80@yahoo.com) many thanks

I have 4.4.2 via PC not wifi => and it as very slow but i've done a hardware reset and now it moves acceptable, but gps is very bad

• 2014-10-27 10:32
  • 0CXN

> In reply to makaveli @ 2014-10-24 18:46 from rqdx - click to readOn any phone (or tablet) a part of the storage is reserved for the operating system

Yes te P710 has little under 2GB available for applications but with kitkat you can move most apps on the sd card

• 2014-10-26 12:01
  • MvsF

I see just 2gb in storage, where`s the other 2gb?

• 2014-10-24 18:46
  • rqdx

The storage of the phone is 4gb, but i only see 2 in setting->storage !?!?

• 2014-10-24 18:40
  • rqdx

If i have flashed jellybean using kdz can i update to kitkat normally without kdz updater again ????

• 2014-10-24 06:49
  • IWUC

> In reply to kpbs92 @ 2014-10-23 15:16 from IWU{ - click to readYeah mine does too, and I had it reset after upgrade. Expecially annoying on incoming calls when it rings but the phone screen takes time to load.

What I've found on mine, skype seems to make this problem worse.

• 2014-10-23 16:16
  • MvsF

Is dialler working fine ?? I feel it's bit lag ? When a incoming call.it takes some time to display the call

• 2014-10-23 15:16
  • IWU{

WARNING!!

Never try to turn on simulate second display in developer options, it will break devices and you will need to do hard reset

• 2014-10-20 18:47
  • 0x%c

i updated to 4.4.2, the phone was slow then i factory reseted, it was still slow then i installed nova launcher now it feels normal but im not really impressed with this update

• 2014-10-18 23:53
  • JKZ1

@darwell
i think you forgot this too:
- fucking shitload of bloatware!
;)

• 2014-10-18 22:51
  • awE5

Oh and I forgot - factory reset after updating is an absolute must, it leaves the phone somehow broken and without memory at all. After reset - as good as new and even better.

• 2014-10-18 11:02
  • nmwU

Hey, just want to add my bit on upgrading to 4.4.2:

Pros:
- phone is definitely faster and lagging less
- more internal memory free
- more RAM free
- no extensive battery consumption, in fact it seems to be optimised - I literally cant get my phone to 0% of battery
- optimised UI
- more sensitive sound settings

Cons:
- fucking shitload of bloatware
- no normal way of rooting the phone - no one cares about 4.4.2 on this phone so far
- did I say fucking shitload of bloatware?
- no progress bar on music widgets (sucks)
- fucking shitload of bloatware which is impossible to uninstall without rooting

All and all, I'm happy with upgrade. It is far better than I expected after reading all those negative reviews. Only bug I've encountered so far is that brightness of notification LED is fixed on 100%, you can't get it less - but who cares... Phone is slightly faster and less laggy. Only huge downside is that I can't get it root.

• 2014-10-18 10:57
  • nmwU

any away to root yet??

• 2014-10-17 17:26
  • tev$

> In reply to SUperNoob @ 2014-10-16 04:05 from vaSw - click to readNo wait, diregard the first reply lol. I have PC Suite and it says my phone has the latest version installed. (4.2) :(((

• 2014-10-17 09:20
  • 7XkN

> In reply to SUperNoob @ 2014-10-16 04:05 from vaSw - click to readHow about the P713 single sim?

• 2014-10-17 09:05
  • 7XkN

it is Recomended to Format your phone after flashing kdz for better and smooth experience... :P
KITKAT or JB firmware...
Turn off your phone Hold volume ( - ) and quick button
turn on your button...

• 2014-10-17 03:46
  • vaSv
Total of 1021 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L7 II P710.