LG Optimus L7 II P710 - user opinions and reviews

7.9
7.9
7.8

Hey, just want to add my bit on upgrading to 4.4.2:

Pros:
- phone is definitely faster and lagging less
- more internal memory free
- more RAM free
- no extensive battery consumption, in fact it seems to be optimised - I literally cant get my phone to 0% of battery
- optimised UI
- more sensitive sound settings

Cons:
- fucking shitload of bloatware
- no normal way of rooting the phone - no one cares about 4.4.2 on this phone so far
- did I say fucking shitload of bloatware?
- no progress bar on music widgets (sucks)
- fucking shitload of bloatware which is impossible to uninstall without rooting

All and all, I'm happy with upgrade. It is far better than I expected after reading all those negative reviews. Only bug I've encountered so far is that brightness of notification LED is fixed on 100%, you can't get it less - but who cares... Phone is slightly faster and less laggy. Only huge downside is that I can't get it root.

• 2014-10-18 10:57
  • nmwU

any away to root yet??

• 2014-10-17 17:26
  • tev$

> In reply to SUperNoob @ 2014-10-16 04:05 from vaSw - click to readNo wait, diregard the first reply lol. I have PC Suite and it says my phone has the latest version installed. (4.2) :(((

• 2014-10-17 09:20
  • 7XkN

> In reply to SUperNoob @ 2014-10-16 04:05 from vaSw - click to readHow about the P713 single sim?

• 2014-10-17 09:05
  • 7XkN

it is Recomended to Format your phone after flashing kdz for better and smooth experience... :P
KITKAT or JB firmware...

guys,it is grate!!
android v4.4.2 has got 100x less lags and bugs then on android v4.1.2

• 2014-10-16 13:42
  • JKUi

> In reply to Hunter Grey @ 2014-10-14 04:12 from v0qT - click to readKITKAT for PH P715 are already updated
For P713 Just download the kdz of CIS V20A P713

• 2014-10-16 04:05
  • vaSw

> In reply to ic3 @ 2014-10-14 16:10 from 0CHm - click to readHi

I had exactly the same experience for a few hours after 4.4.2 upgrade and hard reset until... I had to encrypt the phone according to my company rules. Since the encryption, it is a nightmare with about 8 seconds lag only to display the agenda or the name of the caller...

• 2014-10-15 15:26
  • b$86

> In reply to Gerrit @ 2014-10-14 09:35 from xZVt - click to readOpen notification bar scroll to right and click edit there will be edit button

• 2014-10-14 19:57
  • 0x%c

The GPS buton is now named "location"!

For all with lag problem: after i updated my 2 LG's i have a lag problem me to ... but after i reset to factory default settings and after i reinstal all my aplications, my phone's work's like charms once again!

Thx LG, great smartphone!

• 2014-10-14 16:10
  • 0CHm

Upgrade to Kitkat 4.4.2 works smoothly, but unfortunately the GPS button disappeared. How to get it back???

• 2014-10-14 09:35
  • xZVt
  • F

ANDROID 4.4 KITKAT WHEN WILL YOU BE COMING!?? (Philippines)
Is it worth the wait and update? Been waiting since July for the damn update.

• 2014-10-14 04:12
  • v0qT

Hi guys,

Is anybody here who experienced much slower GPS locking with kitkat than the jelly bean, or it's just me?

• 2014-10-13 11:21
  • 0EJ}

If you have slow home launcher than get Nova launcher it works like charm with all animations and hd wallpapers

• 2014-10-12 21:07
  • 0x%c

Finally i have got the KK upgrade ! I have checked for update for 1-2 months but every time i received this message: You are using the latest version. But today i have removed my Sim and i received the update through Pc Suite. New design, new application and a slightly better performance. I'm from Romania,Europe.

• 2014-10-12 15:41
  • p38E

11.10.2014 still didn't got the update.(Europe, Romania)

• 2014-10-11 17:08
  • p38E

People, do not downgrade! If you have a problem, send an email to LG and explain what's wrong, that way they'll be able fix the problem. I personally have no idea what you are talking about because my phone works GREAT after the update.

• 2014-10-11 12:17
  • JFpB

> In reply to baceto90 @ 2014-10-09 12:33 from dMUb - click to readThanks a lot baceto90!

I finally opened a ticket to LG support and their answer was to keep 4.4.2 but hard reset the phone. After this hard reset and reinstall of all my applications, I would say that the phone is now usable, although a bit slower than it was with 4.1.2.

Not sure that the 4.4.2 upgrade worths it.

• 2014-10-10 17:29
  • b$86

🎆Phone works awesome after update and it is better than jelly bean it is faster abd better optimised do not downgrade to jelly bean just send e mails to lg to fix this update if they can. ;)

• 2014-10-09 19:04
  • JK}5

> In reply to Cpo @ 2014-10-09 12:12 from b$86 - click to readI was disappointed from KitKat too and i found way to donwgrade to JellyBean.
Follow this instructions:

I will waiting for custom KitKat room. :)

• 2014-10-09 12:33
  • dMUb
Total of 1046 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L7 II P710.