LG Optimus L9 P769 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.2
7.0
7.0

Please I have a problems with LG Optimus L9 P769.The phone just shut on and off without even when is idle.The battery also becomes very hot.It is like driving a car and you turn on signal light on and off.
Please could you tell me what to do I bought this phone less than 2months.

• 2013-12-22 18:03
  • fmgi
  • F

> In reply to Eric Cartman @ 2013-12-18 04:30 from Kxek - click to readActually you can, using a certain technique. But this ONLY WORKS FOR ROOTED ANDROIDS! If you're not rooted, You can't free more memory. You'd also need an SDHC card for this process.

• 2013-12-21 06:35
  • YiRZ

> In reply to L9 dude @ 2013-12-13 16:37 from NPXe - click to readHow can i increase the Internal Memory?

• 2013-12-19 07:00
  • fsV9

Moving Apps to SD???
In some LG phones like the L9 you cannot move or install apps to your Sd external card, thats a pain. you can only do this to apps that can use or not use the internal memory. Like for example, A Theme or Launcher app can be moved to your SD card and wont eat any space in your Internal Memory however if the app is moved or installed in your SD card then you'll just have to re- install it every time the phone is turned on or off so its better for these apps to stay in your internal memory. But there are some techniques or hacks that some people do inorder to do this action, but I believe it will only void your warranty and LG does not suggest their users to even Root their phones. If you wish to install more HD games and Apps then better buy a new phone with high RAM and Internal memory...

• 2013-12-18 04:30
  • Kxek

> In reply to L9 dude @ 2013-12-13 16:37 from NPXe - click to readSurgery is an accurate description of the unlocking process. I have never had so much trouble unlocking a bootloader and I've unlocked some difficult phones. I may give it one more shot but I think there is a 99.9% chance of it not working. It doesn't help that LG removed fastboot.

• 2013-12-15 23:31
  • j8wI

> In reply to Cyclohexane @ 2013-10-15 06:56 from 4EJN - click to readYes it's like this out of the box. However you can do the external 2 internal swap Very easily. Mine now has 32gb internal memory. The only complaint is some people are unable to unlock the bootloader, plus the process to do it is like surgery since you must flash a p760 kdz which inverts the screen and messes your touchscreen up. Once unlocked you flash a zip file to fix the screen issues. You are also able to oc the cpu to 1.2ghz which makes it fly!

• 2013-12-13 16:37
  • NPXe

Very bad service by lg dont buy lg products.Lg l9 was my first smartphone, within a week I realised that the battery backup is very poor,Lasts 3 hours max.I have been to the customer care centres(3 of them) 7-8 times over 5 months still my issue has not been resolved :(

• 2013-12-02 11:24
  • vbLW

IS this phone compatible for Yahoo Messenger Video Call? TIA

• 2013-11-21 10:52
  • 7XhX

damn you lg....for locking the bootloader!!!!!!!!

• 2013-11-19 20:17
  • j8wI

> In reply to Cyclohexane @ 2013-10-15 06:56 from 4EJN - click to readYou can't move apps to SD card because of Jellybean not because of the phone. God. You can't move apps to SD on Galaxy S3 or HTC One either. It's because moving apps to sd card caused a multitude of problems. Don't blame LG (Do blame them for the shitty memory though.)

• 2013-11-08 19:17
  • k@mA

> In reply to Midknight @ 2013-10-19 06:22 from IHjL - click to readI'm not a developer. I just have a lot of experience with unlocking bootloaders and rooting. I got this device thinking it would be a step up from my previous LG G2X. I am so wrong. I want to toss this into a wood chipper.

If you need help though, there is a few guys over at xda that are much more knowledgable. There's omgbossis21, kuma82 and Lelus. Good luck!

• 2013-10-28 18:32
  • j8wI

> In reply to Cyclohexane @ 2013-10-15 06:56 from 4EJN - click to readI agree with Cyclohexane - avoid the LG Optimus L9 P769. I find it to be more frustrating than it is worth - touchscreen inconsistencies compounded frustration. I also have an LG flatscreen that is excellent but will return this LG Optimus L9 P769.

• 2013-10-20 01:36
  • Ibxf

> In reply to Axemanin @ 2013-06-19 10:54 from X0{c - click to readJust emailed you. Plz help.

Hopelessly disgusted with this phone

• 2013-10-19 06:46
  • IHjL

> In reply to MoFo @ 2013-09-10 23:38 from j8wI - click to readAre you a product developer for LG? Im asking because i need help with this stupid phone and im scared i will mess it up if i do it alone. Any suggestions?

• 2013-10-19 06:22
  • IHjL

Avoid this phone at all costs. It is a bad design due to the inability to move apps to the SD card and coming stock with such a small internal memory. It makes it impossible to enjoy many apps after you have used for awhile (texts, emails, contacts, fill up).

I am not going to go through all the steps and risk not being able to use phone, lose all contacts and apps (I have older version I want to keep and will lose with format), trouble of formatting / moving contacts, etc.

I have had older phones (and cheaper) that could move apps to SD card easily. What kind of moron at LG decided to do this? Was it motivated by greed?

I'll never purchase another LG product again (I have TVs and this is second phone). This turned me off forever. I'd love a return on my money but they won't give. I didn't know this was a problem until it was to late. Take my advice, avoid like the plague.

• 2013-10-15 06:56
  • 4EJN

> In reply to NAveel @ 2013-10-01 12:21 from KIqB - click to readGo to xda and install LGPwn.apk to get rooted. Afterwards, you can use one of methods to doedex and zipalign. Then, use root uninstall to get rid of all that useless bloatware.

• 2013-10-07 19:24
  • j8wI

does it have nfc? bcoz some specs mentioned that all versions of lg have nfc

• 2013-10-03 06:33
  • ut}T

> In reply to MoFo @ 2013-09-10 23:38 from j8wI - click to readWhen i installed HD game in external card anroide/obb then its not work then i installed in phone memory then its working but some game i no play because phone memonry is to low Please Idea what i do ?

• 2013-10-01 12:21
  • KIqB

its very stylish and wonderful phone
u will fell in love with this phone when u hold this phone in ur hand

• 2013-09-13 16:27
  • y@WJ

This phone has great potential once the bootloader is unlocked. That's if you can perform that miracle using a P760 kdz, the LG Flasing Tool, several modified files and lots of luck...and time. If you're a person that receives a lot of calls, then this is just not a possible option. Look for another phone.

• 2013-09-11 22:07
  • j8wI
Total of 253 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L9 P769.