LG Optimus L9 P769 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.2
7.0
7.0

> In reply to kcb @ 2013-08-12 19:04 from xpG5 - click to readJust go to xda and install LGwn.apk. It will alter the built in restore and root the L9. After that, it would be a good idea to install SuperSU first to load the su binary and then switch to Superuser. After going into the SuperSU settings to switch superuser apps, you may have to install Superuser again. Finally install Busybox.

I would use xUltimate to extract both the framework and app folders in order to deodex and zipalign....but that's up to you.

• 2013-09-10 23:38
  • j8wI

> In reply to DEV @ 2013-09-09 16:20 from P@T} - click to readgalaxy ace 2 has ips screen too but samsung names it lps its the same and galaxy ace is cheaper and the camera of it is awesome

• 2013-09-10 23:27
  • JG$5

• 2013-09-10 23:27
  • JG$5

> In reply to mdsupermax @ 2013-09-06 01:53 from 4AAI - click to readLG Optimus L9 P769 is the best than ace 2,very slim & good performance..also it has IPS display tech..

• 2013-09-09 16:20
  • P@T}

LG Optimus P769 or Samsung Galaxy Ace 2??? I need answers!

thanks

• F

Does it work in Spain?

• 2013-08-30 02:01
  • 8DxC

Can you expand on the method you used to root? I am not necessarily interested in loading a new rom on this device, but I *am* interested in removing all the bloat.....

• 2013-08-12 19:04
  • xpG5

guys send me lg pc suite download link pls.....thx :(

• 2013-08-09 13:01
  • KSf8

Great news....a dev over at xda is coming VERY close to unlocking the bootloader! We may see ParanoidAndroid or Slimbean running on this device!

• 2013-07-30 20:03
  • j8wI

UPDATE: I have managed so far to brick my phone, mirrored the touchscreen and flash back to stock to get it replaced...LMAO.

I'm learning though. So far, I have deodexed using adb with su, used the easy root and removed bloatware safely this time.

All that's left, is to theme this baby. Good deal and I will never regret it! Pretty touch cookie to crack, though!

• 2013-07-13 21:09
  • j8wI

I must say, for such a cheap phone, lots of damn good bang for the buck. Running a custom kernal on mine and its stable at 1400 mhz.

• 2013-07-12 23:30
  • jMyH

> In reply to Stefan69 @ 2013-07-03 00:42 from fjRj - click to readI have noticed that LG's method of updates is similar to adding a layer over the existing OS. No actual modifactions. I'm telling you by experience, dude.

My guess has to do with the APIs not being conigured properly thus making them now useless. I have decided to void my warranty and scrub this phone clean and start from scratch using the update.zip method.

• 2013-07-09 23:44
  • j8wI

> In reply to MoFo @ 2013-07-09 19:30 from j8wI - click to readOh, and cmahendra over at XDA is the man. Many thanks to him.

• 2013-07-09 20:10
  • j8wI

> In reply to MoFo @ 2013-07-05 21:59 from j8wI - click to readUPDATE: Never ever remove LG software. I just softbricked my phone...LOL.

No biggie...I'm known as RicAndroid over at XDA and have made custom roms for the Sidekick 4G so this will be a challenge. I already unpacked the system.img and getting ready to manually flash using the awesome flashboot tool once I create the update.zip file.

This may be the start of themed roms for the LG L9, guys! Wish me luck!

• 2013-07-09 19:30
  • j8wI

Just got this phone yesterday! Used the Jelly Bean Easy Root method on XDA and got rid of all the bloatware. WARNING...once removed, you cannot get them back. Not even with a factory reset.

Got this baby looking and behaving like a Nexus...well, there are some minor differences. Like with the settings menu....white instead of black. Not the complete Holo look. But after installing Nova Launcher, it looks sexy and behaves great.

It's no Galaxy S4 or Xperia Z, but if you're looking for a nice 4.5" smartphone at a low price, you can't beat it. Waiting for custom roms now. :-)

• 2013-07-05 21:59

incredible cell
in amzng price
wd amzng speed

• 2013-07-03 08:34
  • vb8h

Hey guys. Help me out. I updated my L9 to Jellybean 4.1.2, now alot of my stuff isn't working. Like I can't lock the phone, it wont unlock again, you have to reset and reboot it, so it's permanently on now, can't enable sleep screen.

Also, my camera doesn't even start up.

My google chrome doesn't start.

Some games does'nt start.

What can it be?

I thought it might be java. I'm sending it back but I'm still curios.

Thanks, and I'm in South Africa.

• 2013-07-03 00:42
  • fjRj

is this android phone/

• 2013-07-02 07:01
  • bELx

Man...thanks to the guys over at XDA, you can make this look and behave like a Nexus 4! True, there are no ParanoidAndroid or other customs but just need to follow the steps to root and install CWM.

You can easily use ES File Manager to change the boot animation and add a add blocking host file. You can even go all the way and replace the ringtones and notifications.

Once that's out of the way, install the JellyBe4n'ish theme and use root uninstaller to get rid of the bloat. I may wind up getting this after all. The price is just too good to pass up.

• 2013-06-28 17:18
  • RbXH
Total of 253 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L9 P769.