LG Optimus L9 P769 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.2
7.0
7.0

Just got this phone yesterday! Used the Jelly Bean Easy Root method on XDA and got rid of all the bloatware. WARNING...once removed, you cannot get them back. Not even with a factory reset.

Got this baby looking and behaving like a Nexus...well, there are some minor differences. Like with the settings menu....white instead of black. Not the complete Holo look. But after installing Nova Launcher, it looks sexy and behaves great.

It's no Galaxy S4 or Xperia Z, but if you're looking for a nice 4.5" smartphone at a low price, you can't beat it. Waiting for custom roms now. :-)

• 2013-07-05 21:59
  • j8wI

incredible cell
in amzng price
wd amzng speed

• 2013-07-03 08:34
  • vb8h

Hey guys. Help me out. I updated my L9 to Jellybean 4.1.2, now alot of my stuff isn't working. Like I can't lock the phone, it wont unlock again, you have to reset and reboot it, so it's permanently on now, can't enable sleep screen.

Also, my camera doesn't even start up.

My google chrome doesn't start.

Some games does'nt start.

What can it be?

I thought it might be java. I'm sending it back but I'm still curios.

Thanks, and I'm in South Africa.

• 2013-07-03 00:42
  • fjRj

is this android phone/

• 2013-07-02 07:01
  • bELx

Man...thanks to the guys over at XDA, you can make this look and behave like a Nexus 4! True, there are no ParanoidAndroid or other customs but just need to follow the steps to root and install CWM.

You can easily use ES File Manager to change the boot animation and add a add blocking host file. You can even go all the way and replace the ringtones and notifications.

Once that's out of the way, install the JellyBe4n'ish theme and use root uninstaller to get rid of the bloat. I may wind up getting this after all. The price is just too good to pass up.

• 2013-06-28 17:18
  • RbXH

HI, need to confirm how can whatsapp data directly store to sd card instead of phone memory

pl help

• 2013-06-28 09:07
  • XNUV

hi
can anyone tell me about OTG cable... can we use OTG cable for LG L9

• 2013-06-25 15:11
  • YMw0

> In reply to StormShadow @ 2013-06-21 17:51 from fudi - click to readi didnt get any update bro.......how to upgrade to Jellybean...and how to root bro pls tel me :(

• 2013-06-23 15:05
  • KSf9

> In reply to Axemanin @ 2013-06-19 11:04 from X0{c - click to readpls send me link how to root :(

• 2013-06-23 15:04
  • KSf9

> In reply to Axemanin @ 2013-06-19 11:04 from X0{c - click to readIf you upgrade your OS to 4.1.2 Jelly Bean
moving apps to SD will be integrated in the system

• 2013-06-21 17:51
  • fudi

This weekend at Fry's electronics you can buy it for $150 but you have to unlock it.

• 2013-06-21 17:50
  • kSin

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-04 23:43 from LB2C - click to readApps to sd card is possible if your willing to spend some time with ur phone for rooting etc.

• 2013-06-19 11:04
  • X0{c

> In reply to sam @ 2013-05-17 13:35 from XuSI - click to readBattery backup is decent for moderate to heavy usage it gives one day of backup. without use it gives standby of several days. PS 2G uses less battery than 3G/4G.

• 2013-06-19 11:00
  • X0{c

> In reply to gave @ 2013-06-02 18:49 from Ybs8 - click to readIt can move apps to sd card, but not right out of the box. you will have to do a list of things to get it to.
for $200 i think its worth doing the extra work for it.

you will have to:
1.Root your phone using Lelus method. (Search XDA)
2.Install Voodoo rootkeeper
3.Install CWM recovery. (Search XDA)
4.Partition Sd card using CMD (Easy)
5.Install Busybox and Link2sd
6.Install and use directory-bind.

for queries mail me at axemanin@gmail.com

I'm currently rooted on LG P769 USA T-mobile version, unlocked network, 10G firmware, Cool Droid login animation as well. Transferring all apps to sd is possible.

regards,

Axe

• 2013-06-19 10:54
  • X0{c

> In reply to cj @ 2013-05-28 10:41 from vpcW - click to readHSPA+ is the latest release of UMTS. Many consider it as 4G or 3.75G.
Practical Speed of HSPA+ is pretty close to the speed of LTE.

• 2013-06-19 10:46
  • X0{c

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-05-04 23:43 from LB2C - click to readYou can transfer games to sd card. However you will have to do a couple of things for it.

1.Root phone using lelus method (search on xda)
2.Install CWM (search on xda)
3.Format SD card partition (I did EX4 part. type)
4.Install link2sd
5.Install and use directory bind as required

• 2013-06-19 10:31
  • X0{c

> In reply to dinshaz @ 2013-05-31 12:17 from X0J$ - click to readTheir was already an update

• 2013-06-15 05:25
  • RbqC

I have one and i love it. I have had mine for about 4 months now and i needed it due to my vision going bad. it has a bigger screen than my previous model (samsung galaxy s blaze) but a slower processor. I love it and i would recommend it to anybody who wants a dual core phone that has a decent size screen. (4.3 inches).

• 2013-06-14 04:40
  • IA1P

Which one is the best ...
lg optimus l7 ii or lg optimus l9 ?
plz comment...
I m confused..

• 2013-06-12 20:29
  • t}Lc
Total of 258 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L9 P769.