LG Optimus L9 P769 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.2
7.0
7.0

> In reply to BelAddams @ 2013-05-01 19:52 from P06D - click to readno contract means that the phone is locked for t-mobile, prepaid.
but its very easy to unlock and it will cost about 12U$ online.

i have bought two last month in orlano-fl, i am using both here in brazil!

• 2013-05-03 05:57
  • Lk93

> In reply to RicAndroid @ 2013-05-01 00:06 from j8wI - click to readI saw this and got interested, but, got a little bit confused.
Being 'No Contract' still doesn't mean it's 'Unlocked', right? So, no way to use here in Brazil?
Or is there an unofficial way to unlock it for other carriers? Or the lock is only for US carriers?

• 2013-05-01 19:52
  • P06D

I am following the cyanogenmod development on this forum. However, I am a novice and there's no way I'm going to attempt this stuff they're talking about there :P

• 2013-05-01 19:46
  • Rke4

> In reply to RicAndroid @ 2013-05-01 00:06 from j8wI - click to readthe bootloader has been successfully unlocked, but it is difficult to do from what I understand because the touchscreen goes bananas during the process. I have read messages about people putting cyanogenmod on there by effectively turning the phone into a P760 beforehand. I think I remember there were issues with the GPS and the screen not rotating properly when you flip the phone on its side. the phone has been out for awhile, but I'm hopeful that it will get real support for custom mods soon - it seems to be gaining in popularity as a pre-paid phone. I search about once a week, watching for a stable custom rom to be made available by someone. I'll say this much, the possibility of a custom rom being made available looks much better now than it did a couple of months ago.

• 2013-05-01 19:19
  • Rke4

T-Mobile is selling this at 199.99 no contract. Not bad. Anyone know if the bootloader's been unlocked and running on custom roms yet?

• 2013-05-01 00:06
  • j8wI

> In reply to Chick @ 2013-04-27 22:12 from j@m8 - click to readPower button and volume down :p

• 2013-04-30 05:57
  • 0U4x

> In reply to sanfuntastic @ 2013-03-24 20:07 from t}fK - click to readYou must set some kind of screen block or else it will be turning the screen on and off and drain the battery in half a day. Also, download a battery saver (Like Go Power Master) and set it to turn off data an wi-fi when screen off. I did all of this and now get almost two days of battery life.

• 2013-04-29 20:46
  • FJS1

How do I take screenshots now? I can't use lock and home buttons anymore

• 2013-04-27 22:12
  • j@m8

Guys I updated to jellybean yesterday. Now I can't make 3g voice calls from my mob using viber, line etc.Even watsapp
is not working. However net browsingtwo using 3g is working fine. It's really annoying.I tried everything but still of no use. Anybody facing similar problems after update. Got any solutions thenpls share

• 2013-04-27 20:38
  • v{N9

please upgrade ur optimus L9 to Jelly bean 4.1.2 the update is available over the air.... LG started giving the update 3/4 days back.....

• 2013-04-26 10:29

• gLCV

very true.

• 2013-04-17 10:39
  • fq4X

GSMARENA giving us chance to let us tell the smartphone manufacturer to concentrate on better MIDRANGE smartphone not just on flagship devices bcaus everyone cant afford to buy flagship device.for your voice to be get heard you just have to sign follow this link http://www.gsmarena.com/join_o...ews-5858.php

• 2013-04-16 08:51
  • tUn{

> In reply to Putty @ 2013-03-19 09:46 from 3Y9G - click to readit accepts wats app , its very light as compared to other phones , its a good deal to buy..

• 2013-04-14 13:01
  • PV{Z

> In reply to drgnstyx @ 2013-04-10 21:32 from thdk - click to readyou can get many FM radio stations by downloading the app iheartradio

• 2013-04-11 19:53
  • Rke4

The LG Optimus L9-P76910G Is a good phone. My dad got it for me. The store sale it to him. I was looking more for a Nexus 4, a Droid or else.

It was a replacement from my great awesome Motorola Defy MB5xx... great phone running Android 4.2 with a costume rom. Still alive since 2009!!!

This phone is fairly good.

Pros:
1-It never run slow.

2-Battery is more than average battery. I notice is better to use original charger.Somehow it just charge faster, fully and better.

3-Slim light weight deign

4- Smart

5-Nice Gorilla Glass feel. The glass screens feels goon on touch, **SPECIALLY*** scrolling. *It does gets scratch easily tho.

6-Glass screen cleans very easy. :)

7-Nice graphic quality.

Cons:
1-Really LowQ camera at 5MP. Forget about taking a decent pic or video with both front and rear camera. Images are just grainy not matter lighting conditions. Being a Video expert, i am 100% sure that the image sensor is very low end. To shoot 1080p video you need at least 8MP. I noticed how the camera actually crops and zooms the image when switching from 720p to 1080p, to mimic 1080p resolution. like come on!!! it is very noticeable LG. Useless videos. Very pixelated.

2-Quick Memo, is noting else than a screenshot. It is not that useful if you have big fingertips i think.

3-Android 4.0.4 Ice Cream Sandwich. A Upgrade to JB will make this phone even smoother.

4-This phone is not that bright in sunny day. I have to put my hand ontop to block the Sun.

5-Screen scratches very easily. Even tho it has Gorilla Glass 2.

6-One momo speaker

7-No NOTIFICATION LIGHT. You have to constantly be looking at your phone to see any notification.

8-Annoying Keyboard icon on top if you modify or change any settings on your keyboard or how it should behave.

9-You cant store app to external SD card... So forget about installing large files on your phone.

• 2013-04-11 16:45
  • RbqK

Hi! Got this model as a gift - is there a way to listen to FM radio on it? Thanks!

• 2013-04-10 21:32
  • thdk

where can i buy this lg 9,, i been to many malls but it says i still have to order..

• 2013-04-10 04:13
  • wHrS

You must have a faulty battery/unit. I average 4 hours of on-screen time. Screen brightness no lower than 50%. I am not conservative with this phone. Wifi, Bluetooth, gps stay on sometimes throughout the day.

• 2013-04-06 04:43
  • k$u6
Total of 253 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus L9 P769.