LG Optimus Net Dual - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.1
7.2
6.9

> In reply to imeelee @ 2011-11-19 19:17 from K7gS - click to readSamsung should've put secondary camera for video calling. If they did, it will be the hottest mobile in the Philippines.

• 2011-11-20 13:18
  • P@cf

when is this interesting phone coming to the Philippines? I would love to own one. IMHO, this will sell more if the following are included: bigger screen, Java pre-installed, swype text input, voice memo/dial commands, doc. and photo editors, considering the battery capacity of 1500mAh.

• 2011-11-19 19:17
  • K7gS

When is this interesting phone coming to the Philippines? Would love to own one.

• 2011-11-19 18:42
  • K7gP

> In reply to dv @ 2011-11-17 17:17 from ncNt - click to readI believe we know exactly what we're talking about here.
What you've described is a dual standby phone...meaning both sims are active at the same time and you don't have to restart the handset to use one sim or the other. The major draw back is that when on a call on sim 1, sim 2 is disabled.
A dual standby - dual active phone (or dual processor) doesn't have this problem...both sims are active and even if you're speaking on one sim, the other one is reachable. You can swap calls between sims or hold calls.
Dual standby phones...ex: Samsung Ch@t322, Moto EX115, 317, and (many) others.
Dual standby dual active phones...ex: Samsung C5212, B5522, B7722, and (a phew) others.

Cheers

• 2011-11-18 07:02
  • 0U6r

> In reply to dv @ 2011-11-17 17:17 from ncNt - click to readWe KNOW that. We were just saying we would have liked to be able to handle calls on both sims at the same time - for me that is dual active. For some dual standby is just not good enough. It's a pity such few phones are dual active - my current C5212i is one of them, but i'd really like an upgrade.

• 2011-11-17 22:20
  • La8M

People
Dual "standby" doesn't mean that one of the numbers is inactive. It only means both numbers can't be "in use" at the same time.
I've had samsumg "dual sim phones" for some years now. As long as you're not already on a call, you can receive calls or text from either number

• 2011-11-17 17:17
  • ncNt

Does it have a GPU-Adreno as P690 ??

• 2011-11-17 13:21
  • 8MxF

> In reply to mudpie @ 2011-11-17 08:10 from MCsj - click to readYou're kind of right...
I like the fact that it has a 800 Mhz proc. That's a pro. I've had other LG's and with minor bugs they served me well. There's the Moto EX 317 that's an android based dual sim and qwerty phone. Of course nowhere to be found. Right now I have a Samsung 5212. My provider gave me a Galaxy for this year but what to do with it? I need dual sim, so I guess we wait.

• 2011-11-17 08:46
  • 0U6Z

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2011-11-16 10:57 from 0Uej - click to readThat's true, but you can always forward calls between SIMs as a workaround. It's not as elegant as a true dual active phone, but it works...
This Optimus Net Dual is the only decent Android dual sim available, so I would be willing to live without dual active, if only I could find some place to buy it.. somewhere, anywhere!

• 2011-11-17 08:10
  • MCsj

I don't get why they don't make these phones dual active? C'mon...how much could it be? Yes some people use dual sims for voice (sim1) and data (sim2) but then again other people use them for voice on both sims. So what's the point on someone calling you and not getting to you? I've tried to contact Samsung but they keep on giving me answers like "Android OS does not support dualism"...apparently it does!...so please LG make it dual standby and dual active

• 2011-11-16 10:57
  • 0Uej

it's a dual stand-by?

• 2011-11-15 22:05
  • nCI{

LG please release this phone to SoutEast Asia now. I love this phone and hungry to hold it on my hand.

• 2011-11-14 06:34
  • sAIw

this phone does not have java !!!!
then can not we install java? or we can install java via Java MIDP emulator?

• 2011-11-14 05:08
  • mg}4

> In reply to s.shah @ 2011-11-12 12:27 from 2SWA - click to readIs Dual Sim! Great Phone!

• 2011-11-13 23:57
  • 8UfT

> In reply to jhon benga @ 2011-11-12 19:21 from 8T5k - click to readHi, in my country this phone doesn't come :( ... I wish ...

• 2011-11-13 20:19
  • PqRV

hi! some one can tell me where i can buy it in portugal?

• 2011-11-13 20:17
  • ncF{

Brilliant mobile! Performance, Display formidable, Internet fast. Great phone!

• 2011-11-13 15:57
  • 8UfT

In Brazil this phone have a cost of $350 USA Dollars. But in Brazil the taxes are enourmous! :( in your country it must arrive cheaper!

• 2011-11-12 19:21
  • 8T5k
  • F

> In reply to s.shah @ 2011-11-12 12:27 from 2SWA - click to readits dual and u know what LG phones has never failed me. u can send apps that u received from other fones, the camera is super

• 2011-11-12 13:54
  • fXKp

I love this phone and LG it self b'cos there product is affordable. How much in nigerian currency or usd? Pls LG could you build your future phones with TV out, microsoft word, exel, word perfect etc just like Samsung phones pls?. GOD bless and increase your knowledge, wisdom and understanding in Jesus Name. From Nigeria.

• 2011-11-12 13:16
  • ftKH
Total of 677 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Net Dual.