Hey guyz ... i have bought this handset in India with Froyo and have recently upgraded to Official version of Gingerbread -INDIA .
There is something i want to tell u about this handset is :
1. its a myth -700hours standby time . Reality is it has maximum of 24 hours standby time even when processor is utilized 2% @ 122mhz .
2. Talktime on 2G is max 2.3 hours and same on 3G for me . This has happened to all of the other Brand even with 1500maH battery ,not only with p500 .
3. RAM is more than enough . Using dozens of application opened , RAM always remaining of about 120MB . Hats off to LG optimus !!!
4. SWYPE is missing ...
5. LG customer service -After sales in INDIA doesn't response to your emails with effective or positive result. I mailed them 4-5 times , and they didn't revert to the mail .. Service is very poor !
6. Performance 9/10 .
7. Features 9/10 .. just missing Camera with Flash so 1 -ve pt .
8. Camera has capability to take pictures even in CFL light .. in low light it took even macro shots but inbuilt processing of the Camera generates not much colours compared to Samsung cellphone camera .. u need auto correction or colour enhancement software to get into actual colours.
9. Use SD booster software to boost up the SD card performance . It actually keeps the cache as large as possible for quick and effective performance of SD card.
10. LCD has got bright pixels 180 ppi is good enough . You will love to see contrast and brightness of the pixels as per its density .
11. Doesn't found any affect of being 256k colors only , can't judge b/w 16M colours and 256k but yes there's pixel coloration difference while watching movie ...it may be due to movie conversion or may be due to just 256k colours . not sure about it.
12. Sound in both earphones and Speakerphone is awesome . Loud and clear , deep bass ,rich in music enhancement and not much noisy ! It doesn't have Loud Speakers at the back . The call speaker and loud speaker is in front only .
13. And last thing is regardless of hardware ..THE BODY IS RUBBER FABRICATED ..U WILL GET FEELING OF SMOOTH RUBBER TOUCH AND RUBBER SURFACE IS SCRATCHLESS ... HOWEVER U CAN SCRATCH HARD ON IT BUT IT IS RESISTANT TO NORMAL USE .
14. COVER IS SEXY , RUBBER MATERIAL AND GOOGLE IMPRINT ON THE COVER WITH RUBBER IN SILVER COLOUR :)
sat, 06 Sep 2011i am facing a serious problem i am using dis fone for past 8 months and using Froyo. past ... morehey, uninstall your market and then reinstall (updates). the problem will be definitely sorted out..
pramod, 06 Sep 2011after upgrading to GB 2.3.3, i hv lost inbuilt dictionary. Is any1 hv an idea, how to get it b... moreSame question bro.. it was very gud dictionary. Could find in android market too. Can anybody help?
To improve your GB 2.3.3 battery back up...download Watchdog and Juicedefender from AM. You will have more battery life than before...!!!
shaurya, 06 Sep 2011hey frndz.. am havng a prob wid ma lg optimus one. whenever i call anyone i can talk for onl... moreDude it depends upon your service provider terms & condition, as of for example Vodafone services do not call more then 30 mins hence it automatically truncates call..to enjoy breakless connectivity switch to other service provider and do read the terms and conditions before acquiring any new service......:D
mobilefreak, 06 Sep 2011@neoones
Here is a good note...
Since i have already made changes in framework for transperancy on Lense lock and taskbar...need not install a separate patch like Dr.notor....
Here are steps to achive transperancy...
1)once rom booted...launcher menu--themes select either waterworld or iphne style theme for icons...
2)once done ...go to theme chooser and select zdune's new System UI transperant theme and apply it
3)on Home screen select live wallpaper ---multipicturewallpaper---settings--common settings--picture source===folders path---MIUI folder---wallpapers...set ok each time and set wallpaper...
4)CM setting ---lockscreen----style options---lense and back...
hipppi.....your done and enjoy new phone interface....
am havng a prob wid ma lg optimus one.
whenever i call anyone i can talk for only half an hour (max)after 30 min the phone automatically gets disconnected....i even searched the settings of my phone but didn't find anything
i am facing a serious
problem i am using dis fone for
past 8 months and
past few days
whenever i search d
market for famous apps like nimbuz,ebuddy
friend caller etc.n my
market shows no
these apps i had in my
fone a couple of months back. n then at dat tym i
had uninstalled them. rest the fone is working
only apps r missing
when searched frm my
fone. kindly reply soon.
Ace,and rest of the mates!i thought wilt share a bit of my experience with this phone.last week i had updated phone to ginger bread initially used to get only hardly a day backup with gb whereas i was getting neat days plus when i was on froyo so i thou will install some task manager now i am getting a little over two days with net usage partly with wi fi and part with gprs so i think installing a task manager helped me application i installed is Automatic Task Killer.posting this as this might ad of help to some of you
hi friends really the battery is good compared with its competitors like xperia and samsung pop... am fully satisfied...
Using this phone for about half year, doesn't come along any issue except some lagness but so far so good. Another thing, its battery life is quite impressive for me, moderate usage of net surfing and wifi on all along, it still can maintain for > 2days in a single charge^^
Hello i have a question in all the samsung android smart phones supports AC3 format but in the LG Smart phone not supports ?
sabincruz, 06 Sep 2011While updating through KDZ, the program hanged..... and my phone got bricked. Now it gets stuc... moreYes, no need to tell them how it is gone to emergency mode. just tell them i was switch on the phone and it showing me this
after upgrading to GB 2.3.3, i hv lost inbuilt dictionary. Is any1 hv an idea, how to get it back? else suggest other gud dictioneries which can be used offline. Tnx