LG Optimus Slider - user opinions and reviews

LG

8.0
7.8
7.7

Good phone. Has gotten me through a couple years, and it still works, more or less. Its slow and buggy, and often crashes, but at least it is almost indestructible.I am getting an upgrade, but i will remember my first phone...

• 2014-01-15 00:31
  • ImfL

Great phone had it 2 years and it works great with square register and most other programs for android. Little pricy but because of the keyboard well worth it.

• 2013-12-20 18:41
  • jBu7

Great phone this is my first smart phone and I love it .

• 2013-09-16 05:34
  • Yhgr

Absolutely horrible phone. Makes calls at random, usually the 2nd, 3rd or 4th call on the most recent calls list. Calls without pressing any button... Has called people in the middle of the night. Called my work once and my conversation went on their answering machine. Just called back a spammer who called yesterday. Now I will be inundated with spam calls. The last straw! I tried to get away with a cheap phone ($150) but this phone is beyond horrible.

• 2013-07-31 04:48
  • j@0g

Did anyone ever give thought that it might be the company you are with? Mine isn't with Sprint nor straight talk and it works just fine.

• 2013-07-19 12:11
  • kAXX

> In reply to Apollo0E @ 2013-02-12 22:42 from pc7m - click to readDon't buy it

• 2013-07-18 05:25
  • 4SGe

This is an ok phone for starters but I hate the camera. It sucks and video quality is horrible. This phone always gets stuck and it sucks. Also battery life sucks and the precessor sucks. The mOst thing I hate is how thick it is. Its too thick. So if you read this and is thinking about buying this phone. Don't waste your money. ThIs is a low end phone and it's not great

• 2013-05-26 15:19
  • s9tA

It's a great phone. I love every minute of it. Plus with the free apps, it's a all around best choice if you we're to buy this phone. I give it a 9.3 out of 10.

• 2013-04-06 22:36
  • YdB2

Where can I buy this phone?

• 2013-02-12 22:42
  • pc7m

I love it very reliable...

• 2013-02-08 01:48
  • sbeU

yaar it is 2 expence

• 2012-10-25 15:48
  • PDTc

It's a decent phone. I like the slide-out keyboard. But if you run any apps at all, it bogs down. Occasionally, it will ring, and something is hogging the CPU to the extent that you can't answer the phone - the phone keeps ignoring your swipe to unlock it. Doesn't happen often though.

• 2012-09-24 16:46
  • 4jPw

I want to add that both my grandson and myself have had many problems with our Androids. My flip phone had less problems. But I cannot afford to get a different phone. But I cannot get the pics off of my flip phone for saving and the company will not tell me how. I have always been a firm believer in LG and Samsung but lately the products have not been very good. Also it is very hard for me to find accessories for my Android.

• 2012-08-02 20:23
  • IqPW

Ive had this phone for about 3 months now. It has a very small amount of on-board storage so an SD is definitely a requirement. It supports up to a 32G sd card. The camera is decent, but it doesnt have auto focus or auto color balance. The zoom is terrible, distorts the images badly so you jut kinda have to scooch in close for a close up. The 3G works just fine if you are within range but it runs off of Sprint (through StraightTalk) which is what turned out to be the biggest problem for me. I live in the swampy boonies of Panhandle FL. The reception is very chintzy if you dont live in a bigger city where the signal is excellent. WiFi connectability is the only reason I havent chunked it yet. The Android Market is pretty great and the phone does have pretty quick download speeds (based off home WiFi). If you are big on music and sound the phone isnt excellent for that either. The sound is clear at lower volumes but above about half volume it starts to sound like the speaker might explode. It may just be mine but the make of it is pretty sad, in the 3 months that I've had it it is starting to wiggle in the slider hinge and I've never dropped or thrown my phone, and I never keep it in my pocket, always in a pouch in my pocket book. I havent purchased an extended battery because I am changing services in about a month, but if you have any intentions of keeping this phone for an extended period of time I would recommend a 1750-1900mAH extended battery for this phone. With moderate use the default battery only has about a 7hr life. As far as a WalMart phone goes, however it is a pretty decent phone, probably the best they have out for Straight Talk Services.

• 2012-06-30 21:23
  • j{K@

I don't get it sometimes. Why do people complain about phone specs? They clearly didn't do any research because they would know this is a entry level smartphone..

• 2012-04-23 15:32
  • kAJJ

> In reply to bittek106 @ 2012-03-12 19:29 from jBtd - click to readNewer phones have both a front facing and a rear facing camera. The front facing camera is for video chat in applications like SIPDroid and Skype. The rear camera is for taking pictures of things. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an app that lets you capture both cameras at the same time, but that's not why you get a phone with 2 cameras.

• 2012-03-14 16:42
  • 4C17

> In reply to Pete @ 2011-11-14 15:21 from TkY0 - click to readWhat do you need more than one camera for? You planning on taking more than one picture at a time?

• 2012-03-12 19:29
  • jBtd

got this phone thru straight talk ($45 a month unlimited) for $179

for the price i thought it was a good phone runs smooth and operates well and being as it runs off of sprint towers i get passing fair reception and speeds (where i live anyways)

the wifi is handy but uses a lot of battery
android market is awesome

good phone for the dough

• 2012-01-23 03:10
  • 0Hwx

its ok

• 2011-12-18 22:29
  • tUdx

omg! this phone sucks wish i never got it.. def not worth what i paid.

• 2011-12-07 03:47
  • jk8K
Total of 25 user reviews and opinions for LG Optimus Slider.