LG Spectrum VS920 - user opinions and reviews

LG

7.4
7.5
7.5

I've got to tell you, this is the best phone I've ever owned. LG has upgraded the OS to Android 4.0.4 The graphics are awesome, the battery life could be better, but its sufficient. The HD display is very good for movies, and I've got better eyesight that anyone you'll ever meet, so I can see the differences. The GPS works very well with the Copilot mapping software, which requires no internet connection so it doesn't burn up your data. The 4G LTE speeds can be off the chart. I was in Fargo, ND, did a speed test and got 48mbps download, and 24 mbps upload. I routinely get download speeds of 20 to 24mbps using the Wi-Fi hotspot to my laptop and Ipad. For a two year old phone, I couldn't be happier. I wish LG would take this phone, upgrade the CPU, memory, battery, and release it as the Spectrum 3. A quad core processer with 16gigs of internal memory, and a 128 gig SD card could replace my Ipad. A bigger display would be nice as long as they don't reduce the resolution. 5.5 inches like the new IPhone 6 plus would give Apple and Samsung a run for there money.

• 2014-10-10 17:05
  • q93f

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-08-28 22:04 from 4kVx - click to readLove this phone trade in my 4s for it best phone ive had yet

• 2014-06-16 14:48
  • 4KwH

> In reply to FRANKIE9236 @ 2014-02-13 20:54 from k097 - click to readFrankie, yes this is a CDMA phone, but it also has respectable LTE speeds (as noted above).

The phone is sturdy and quick enough for casual use as long as the on-board storage isn't crammed full. I highly recommend an SD card.

As for software, the Verizon version (not sure if there's another) is currently:

-OS: Android 4.0.4
-Firmware: VS92OZV9
-Kernel: 3.0.8-perf (lge@android-buld#1)

The official website for the Verizon version is:

www.verizonwireless.com/spectrumsupport

• 2014-02-27 04:25
  • 8gYM

its only a cdma phone works on cricket or verizon

• 2014-02-13 20:54
  • k097
  • F

How it's work.When android 4.1.2 is upgrad on it...???

• 2014-02-08 12:28
  • 6Qaj

How it's work when android 4.1.2 is upgrade on this phone...???

• 2014-02-08 12:18
  • 6Qaj

can someone tell me is this phone works with MTS CDMA Network in Karnataka india...please reply i want to buy this phone..

• 2013-09-11 08:45
  • vIh4

> In reply to Nick @ 2012-08-31 07:27 from XuXK - click to readThe price is almost 700 but free with a new 2yr contract.
Hope that helps.

• 2013-07-30 12:36
  • Rbqx

Great phone very user friendly great specs, my only complaint is the battery life can be a lot better but i ordered an extended OEM battery from Ebay that spits out 3000 mAh and problem solved, charging port can be tricky if frequently used daily just make sure you plug/unplug slowly and gently and it will last you longer theres no need to shove the chord into the charger dock nor no need to snatch it out quickly, be gentle!

• 2013-04-12 20:31
  • 4Jn6

Great. phone have dropped a few times an still running like a Champ . an ffolks if u plug trouble try different plug mine is lose but, I haven't had any issues.

• 2013-03-29 00:27
  • 81{1

Has someone helped u yet?

• 2013-03-29 00:20
  • 81{1

had this spectrum phone for 8 months it'll quit charging, the charging port in the phone becomes loose after so many uses.

• 2013-03-16 00:21
  • YYnA

I have been using this phone for almost 1 year. CONS: Yes I concur with another user: when I hit the number 1 on the keypad the screen goes to black--beyond irritating,as I cannot enter my voicemail password ;no solution from Verizon tech. The battery is TERRIBLE--only get 4 -5 hours at a time; every time I ask Verizon for an extended battery they say they are out. Voice quality not great. LG please listen and improve because the screen size and graphics are great. Would I buy again? Doubt it--but my husband has an iphone and I prefer this phone to that.

• 2013-01-30 15:28
  • qigQ

How to unlock this to use outside of us. Mine is left for already 20 days. Awesome phone with good features. i love it.Can someone call verizon for unlocking code on behalf of me. Plz reply.

• 2012-12-09 19:49
  • Xu62

> In reply to lord @ 2012-09-28 07:00 from N7AQ - click to readI just got one for $19.99 with my new every two upgrade. I love it!

• 2012-11-26 12:43
  • Y2MI

Had mine for three months, it is nice and fast but battery does not last half a day and the mic/talking quality is horrible. These companies are forgetting the main detail when they design phones these days. Do not recommend.

• 2012-11-12 05:38
  • 01CM

> In reply to Nick @ 2012-08-31 07:27 from XuXK - click to read
i love lg phones and would like to buy the lg spectrum.can someone tell me its price please?

• 2012-09-28 07:00
  • N7AQ
  • F

> In reply to Nick @ 2012-08-31 07:27 from XuXK - click to read100.00$

• 2012-09-27 16:28
  • kLW3

This mobile I'll Purchase...buy or not..? rply plz...

• 2012-09-18 10:22
  • KFM1

plz some1 tell me vt iz d real price of lg spectrum
i want 2 buy this cell
but i didn't knw the real price of lg spectrum
Can some1 knw d real price?

• 2012-08-31 07:27
  • XuXK
Total of 56 user reviews and opinions for LG Spectrum VS920.