LG Xpression C395 - user opinions and reviews

LG

6.2
5.7
5.7

I got this phone for free with a new contract for my talk/text plan. I've had this phone for almost a year. I'm not crazy about it. The first thing I noticed was that the batter life is terrible compared to my previous Samsung phone. I really don't use my phone that much, so I don't like having to charge it every other day. My Samsung lasted 7-9 days based on similar usage. The volume control on the side of the phone became very hard to use very quickly, but after the phone was out of warranty. I tried using a data plan with it for a few days, it was so slow and awful, I turned the data right back off. I would NOT recommend this phone for internet use. The sound quality is fine, the keyboard is very nice. And I do enjoy using the phone as an mp3 occasionally. The music sounds very good, and any small-jack headphones will work with it. I will go back to Samsung next time, however. I still prefer Samsung overall, even though they require a special connection for headphones.

• 2014-03-19 22:13
  • GC6G

ive had it for about 7 months and my screen locks when i slide it to type. and when i cancel deleting messages it restarts itself and gos to s white screen for hours!!! WOrstphone ever

• 2014-01-28 19:34
  • femH

The phone is good for call quality and texting. It is at least fairly durable as I have dropped it a few times without anything breaking. The big annoyance is that it unlocks itself somewhat easily (if you accidentally slide out the keyboard or hit the top button) and I have pocket dialed people even after locking the phone. Additionally, you cannot move pictures from the phone by USB cable, rendering the camera largely useless. I did not get it for the camera, but the unlocking thing is the big flaw for me.

• 2014-01-18 20:37
  • jk88

It's a decent phone for basic use, I've had it for several months now. There are some annoying problems though:
-The keys are too sensitive when texting and I get extra letters all the time. Words end up kkinddd of likke thiss. Always.
-The fact that the keypad is a touch screen means that when you call 800 numbers and have to press 1, press 2, etc. you have to "wake it up" and press "show dialpad" every time you press a number, and occasionally I'll accidentally press the wrong number which can be a minor annoyance. One downfall of the convenience of touch screen.
-The layout isn't as simple as phones of this type I've had in the past, I'm still figuring it out.

Maybe I'm just technologically inept. Oh well.

• 2013-12-22 00:39
  • r%R9

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-01-02 23:32 from 4SI1 - click to readno buddy this is good one

• 2013-11-29 17:25
  • tUdx

i got mine 4 free and i love my phone!!!!!!!!!

• 2013-10-16 19:19
  • kyIe

I got this phone maybe a year ago. And I've already lost touch in the screen. I've only dropped it 4 times at the most. No cracks. But it's been fine everytime then one day I completely lost touch.

• 2013-07-05 22:56
  • FECt

This phone is amazing. I just got it today. It has a wonderful touch screen, loud speakers and a lot if other amazing features! If you don't have it and are looking at getting it, you should really get it!!!! It's good for kids and Tweens, I am a tween myself...... Hope this helps!

• 2013-06-29 01:50
  • qRJ@

Anyone else having problems with the internet on this phone? Mine freezes up on the homepage, and doesn't want to load properly.

• 2013-06-22 05:14
  • q$kk

I love this phone. It works great for me. The only problem would be how fat it is with the case on.

• 2013-04-14 01:50
  • YaHh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-02-28 17:53 from 4QI8 - click to readThe phone works normally except if you don't have a cover, it might freeze.

• 2013-04-14 01:48
  • YaHh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-03-15 14:59 from qins - click to readNo, you are not able to record phone calls but you call separately record audio.

• 2013-04-14 01:45
  • YaHh

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-15 06:43 from qUap - click to readthe keys are hard to the touch

• 2013-03-22 02:24
  • 9Dcq

Are you able to record a phone call?

• 2013-03-15 14:59
  • qins

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-12 21:02 from kPXb - click to readAnybody that has this phone for over 3 months, what do you think of it now? I am due for an upgrade and I am considering this phone. I had a bad experience once with a Samsung Touchscreen from Verizon, so I am so/so about getting a touchscreen phone with qwerty keyboard again. I currently have the LG Neon 2 and I absolutely loved it and had really no major complaint about it. Any advice will he helpful! Thanks in advanced! =)

• 2013-02-28 17:53
  • 4QI8

> In reply to A. @ 2013-02-13 17:31 from k9q0 - click to readWe can't figure out how to get an internet hotspot on my phone.

• 2013-02-20 02:21
  • kEEI

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-06-15 01:56 from 0d%J - click to readWhen you say it doesn't have wi-fi, do you mean it isn't a hotspot or it doesn't have internet on it and that you can't access any internet on it at all?

• 2013-02-13 17:31
  • k9q0

Great phone! Rocking LG. Go ahead...

• 2013-02-03 11:31
  • 9DHv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-11-12 21:02 from kPXb - click to readbecause lg stands for larg garbage

• 2013-01-11 02:50
  • 4B@V

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-05-07 19:03 from AcH$ - click to readThis phone is great for some one who just wants a simple phone.

• 2013-01-02 23:32
  • 4SI1
Total of 46 user reviews and opinions for LG Xpression C395.