MediaTek unveils the MT6795, a 64-bit True Octa-core SoC
MediaTek has officially announced the MT6795 chipset. The latest addition is a 64-bit True Octa-core 4G LTE enabled chip and comes with the ability to support 2K display.
The MT6795 is clocked at 2.2GHz and features the company’s CorePilot technology, which provides multi-processor performance and thermal control. The new chip sports a dual-channel LPDDR3 running at 933MHz for top-end memory bandwidth in a smartphone.
MediaTek’s newest offering support 120Hz displays and has the capability to create and playback 480 frames per second 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion videos.
Here’s a list of key features of the MT6795:
- 64-bit True Octa-core™ LTE SoC with clock speed up to 2.2GHz
- MediaTek CorePilot unlocks the full power of all eight cores
- Dual-channel LPDDR3 memory clocked at 933MHz
- 2K on device display (2560x1600)
- 120Hz mobile display with ClearMotion™ and Response Time Enhancement Technology
- 480fps 1080p Full HD Super-Slow Motion video recording and playback
- Integrated, low-power hardware support for H.265 Ultra HD (4K2K) video record & playback, Ultra HD video playback support for H.264 & VP9, as well as for graphics-intensive games and apps
- Support for Rel. 9, Category 4 FDD and TDD LTE (150Mbps/50Mbps), as well as modems for 2G/3G networks
- Support for Wi-Fi 802.11ac/Bluetooth®/FM/GPS/Glonass/Beidou/ANT+
- Multi-mode wireless charging supported by MediaTek’s companion multi-mode wireless power receiver IC
According to MediaTek, the first set of MT6795 powered smartphone will be commercially available by the end of 2014.
I analyze chess games with it
- 2015-04-30 12:16
- ascariz lumbricoidez
think again, why u all need this SUPERFAST phone? play dota? the highest game u will play is coc. u cant do TRUE office work in phone. not comforting. u still need laptop. it's kind of useless if they make a phone faster than laptop, but underutilize...
- 2015-02-18 10:33
8 weak core + 2 years old GPU, I dont see anything promising from this MT6795 SoC
- 2015-02-02 08:54