Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

7.3
7.5
7.5

yep guys same prob!!!!!
when i charged my hd a116 up to 100%...when i restart issue with it ...showing 25% of battery remaining

• 2014-09-05 16:23
  • 7tWA

I have been a Micromax fan since start, also I have my MMX C2 which I did root and I love to play and try different ROMs and their features. Unfortunately, it got obsolete just after a month, that means no update. I can understand that that MediaTek did had a very lazy view on that to release updates for devices.

What I want to state if you consider that most of the people when buying a handset sees for most of the times the Android version, camera, screen size.

If instead of releasing of multiple devices without the guarantee of getting regular updates; if you concentrate on only some devices; at least for flagship phones, like in Qualcomm they have four series of chip set Snapdragon mainly, 200, 400,600, 800, which also get regular updates via Qualcomm.
You can release 4 best of yours and keep updating those until next version of hardware comes. It would be a good one because less devices means less complaints about different bugs instead of a single one which your software team can wholly concentrate if occurs for same model, there for the software team will be less hoggy work and less division.

What I want to say that; I want to get updates even if my phone is 5 years old. I want my phone back ASAP when I give it for service center with no more bug(instead they just re-flash the ROM and give it back, that I can also do). If I buy one of your mobile I want no bugs, with fluid user interface(please experiment with new handsets to provide something new).

If I would buy a mobile, why not be a redmi 1s, Asus zenfone 4, which provide variety. Almost all micromax mobile have used MediaTek and nothing new is about them except performance. What if a Chairperson of a Company would have a flagship of your company and see a stock android just like previous one, he will feel no difference between canvas turbo and canvas knight exept display.

• 2014-09-05 08:59
  • Xu@G

> In reply to ron @ 2014-09-04 16:55 from X0Zr - click to readIs it 4.1.2 or 4.2.1.. What is your android platform.

• 2014-09-04 17:28
  • fCxy

how can i update this phone..

• 2014-09-04 16:55
  • X0Zr

Use clean master or du speed buster. It will improve performance of your phone.

• 2014-09-04 14:49
  • fCxy

worst ever battery !!!1

• 2014-09-03 19:01
  • bCH4

> In reply to dinesh demolisher @ 2014-08-25 20:07 from utvg - click to readI have also the same problem. I also want to know the same.

• 2014-09-03 08:42
  • 2@eT

Execellent one worth buying.

• 2014-09-03 05:03
  • bERL

> In reply to nick @ 2014-07-11 16:35 from t1$C - click to readany headphone with black or green rings on its pin... headphones with white rings(as comes with samsung) will not work in this phone...

• 2014-09-02 15:32
  • PxGY

> In reply to BLAZE @ 2014-06-27 18:36 from U@bU - click to readI have bought its battery directly from ERDshoppe, it easily runs more than 30 hrs after a full charge....

• 2014-09-02 15:21
  • PxGY

I am using Micromax A116 Canvas HD mobile from more than a year. My mobile have a battery issue. the battery is not working. also the camera image quality is not good. Very disappointed with the mobile. Today I have purchased new battery, don't know it will work or not. Worst experience ever with this phone.

• 2014-09-02 13:44
  • sSJQ

> In reply to palu @ 2014-08-31 06:31 from tUM8 - click to readI've experienced that too. Try deleting the hidden folder ".thumbnails" in the DCIM folder. If still low, try restarting your phone.

• 2014-09-02 12:16
  • wHrH

I have been using this phone from April2013, now my proximity sensor stops working....any solutions ..plz reply

• 2014-09-01 17:19
  • U@H3

Hi frnds...i m using dis phone since last 8months n believe me guys its a great phone..touch is very responsive great camera.... no laggs....browser is too good..battery is ok..uploading speed is fast..internal memory is little low bt i insert 16 gb card in it..finally its a very nice phone wid great features in this price range....

• 2014-09-01 12:59
  • rAVt

> In reply to palu @ 2014-08-31 06:31 from tUM8 - click to readDont worry dear.....its coz with time most of the apps go on accumulating data viz cache, downlds etc. which although is not visible when u check the memory.What u can do is to make a back up of all data and reset the fone to factory settings.

• 2014-08-31 13:56
  • U@Hj

I am using this phone from 10 months... It is a nice phone. Still i have not face any problem. Guys believe me. Its awesome piece by Micromax. The only drawback is 1gb memory for apps. But i fix it by rooting my mobile. And get 2gb extra space for apps by partition of sd card with some useful apps like partition wizard in pc and link2sd for use in mobile. I am sure that after rooting your mobile you will feel the awesomeness of this Mobile.

• 2014-08-31 10:36
  • fCxx

I bought this phone about an year ago. Though I don't have complaints phone's performance, I am extremely disappointed with micromax service. Company seem to have no control on their authorized service providers. I am unable to get the replacement battery as the original battery lasted just 10 months. Company does not provide any communication on the replacement battery. They ask you to contact service center for information. Every service center is quoting their own price, there is no fixed price. Warranty is provided by some service center for 1 month and some don't even that. Finding extremely tough to get a replacement battery.

My personal opinion is, better to go with Samsung or other reputed brand who will provide service post purchase. Though you pay slightly higher, atleast they provide service.

• 2014-08-31 09:29
  • ut9Y

Poor post purchase service.

• 2014-08-31 09:23
  • ut9t

i am using canvas hd last 4 months . it's good, now i am facing a problem with my internal memory.here display in my device's internal memory storage.98 gb and app space are 529 mb but still it shows that internal memory space are only 55 mb and device shows low space. how can i recover it?

• 2014-08-31 06:31
  • tUM8

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-04-28 18:17 from wHrS - click to readI want my customised ROM but how to process pl tel me I am not able to get

• 2014-08-30 07:59
  • rKa0
Total of 11058 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.