Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

9220804

7.3
7.5
7.5

The worst micromax canvas hd..please dont buy...go for samsung or any other...it may cost but its good for you guys...

• 2014-02-03 21:26
  • X08N

I am using Micromax canvas for last 2 years it was wonderful and amazing .., i loved it :)

• 2014-02-03 18:50
  • wdLM

awesome

• 2014-02-03 17:43
  • KS2h

Guys...Dont compare Micromax A116 Canvas HD with any other mobiles. Then You'll get confused.
I have been using this mobile for past one year.
These are the things that i got from my A116:
Pros:
1. Screen & touch - Both are awesome. For this price tag, it far beyond my expectation. Screen saturation level will be less, but if you watch an 1080 or 720p video, it's a complete delight with high clarity.
2. Overall handling- its a slim & nice to handle. Its hard to find a great cover/case, but u can get nice flip cover that protect your HD screen.
3. Overall Network connectivity - I've used both 2G & 3G connections in my HD. both works flawlessly. In 3G Airtel, believe it or not! I've downloaded 1GB data within 15 mins.
4. OTG - Support. Its a awesome technology & a great plus point for this phone. That's why we call it as Smart Phone. I never carry a laptop in order to transfer items to pendrive. I'll copy that to my mobile SD card & i'll carry my OTG cable. That's it.. whenever wherever i need those data..ZOOM...That's it.
This OTG facility will also allows you to play games in your Canvas HD through a Joystick. It's awesome. Isn't?
5. UPGRADE TO Jelly bean 4.2.1 - THIS IS MAIN PRO IN MY CONCERN. In initial stage i was frustrated because i can't move my games to external SD card, so that i cant play High End Graphics Games ( games more than 600MB - 1 GB).But now, because of this upgrade, your EXTERNAL SD CARD WILL SWAP WITH INTERNAL SD. i.e, your SD CARD MEMORY WILL BE YOUR DEFAULT MEMORY. So I'm having 32GB (Sandisk ultra class 10) memory card. So now, my internal memory is 32GB!!! Can you believe it..I'm now playing High end graphics games such as The Amazing Spider Man, The NFS most wanted, The BatMan the Dark Knight Rises, FIFA 14, etc..which are of more than 2GB in their size.

Cons:
1. You wont get a great Case & Cover for it.
2. you wont get a great Head phone unless you spend above 700Rs. if you really need for a hi-def music.
3. loudspeaker will be little less. It may cause you to lose some phone calls in outdoors. See youtube in order to raise the volumes of loudspeaker a little bit.
4. other than these...I can't able to find anything :)

IF YOU'VE DECIDED TO GO FOR IT....JUST GO FOR IT..DONT HEAR ANYONE...IT WILL NEVER DISAPPOINT YOU... :)
BUY BLACK COLOUR..IT's my opinion... :)

• 2014-02-03 12:49
  • t}gL

seriously dis phone suckz!!!!! very bad experience!!! i bought dis phn fo camera.... but within 2 monthz d cameraz not working... it clickz all blurred pictures. waste of money. and micromax service centres also sucks:(

• 2014-02-02 14:08
  • utuI

just bought mmx a116i the best phone i ever had....the display is awsm....i just lv this phone....lv u micromax

• 2014-02-02 11:07
  • ut5d

I have been using this phone since launched. I was loving this phone for it great value of money with respect with features available, enjoying games and other imp android apps. But after 4 months i noticed problem with touch panel where at 4 points touch screen was not working. I went to service center and they told me that they will replace entire touch panel with new one in 2 weeks as they were having shortage of touch panel and they will have to order it from company. Luckily phone was in warranty so i didnt have to pay a penny for that. I got the phone after a month time and was surprised to see some wear and tear of phone due to installation of new touch panel. After 2 days of usage i realized that proper testing of touch panel was not done and 2% of screen was non responsive and 1% of screen was not accurate. Bullshit Micromax service center. I am writing this comment because today my phone is not even starting. The phone is dead and also not in warranty. Would advice user travelling abroad not to rely on Micromax for reliability. The probability of their phone becoming non-functional is much higher than brands like Nokia and Samsung. Now i understood why brands like Samsung selling their product at higher rates. These brands has certain standards of testing and research which cost them heavily to ensure quality and reliability and more over far better services from their service center. Micromax should work on these aspect so that their products should last longer

• 2014-02-02 08:56
  • KxuE

> In reply to vinod rai @ 2014-02-01 14:24 from vGN} - click to readUR facing any battery problem In UR mobile

• 2014-02-01 19:55
  • KFM8

> In reply to phoncrazy @ 2014-02-01 15:46 from HsJ7 - click to readexcellent phone without any flaws..a great buy truly

• 2014-02-01 19:05
  • t}EJ

Just disable auto brightness & select a suitable fixed level of brightness your problem will be resolved

• 2014-02-01 15:46
  • HsJ7

plenty of bad opinions here. some of which do not seem to be with a proper intent even. looks like there's a bit of skulduggery going on around here.

My experience with canvas HD has been very good. no problems since I bought it early last year. I have a 32 gb card installed right when i picked the phone. i have a silicon case over the phone. runs most of the games and it does it really well. occasionally new games aren't optimized for this SoC. but no complaints. for the money you pay - its great value for money.

camera is ordinary, but its okay for me ,as i do not rely on its cam for my photos

• 2014-02-01 14:29
  • vGN}

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-02-01 06:58 from KFME - click to readmaybe one off bug. you should really return the device if you brought it from proper channels with bill etc.

I have the canvas hd working absolutely fine since the last 8 months. no problems whatsoever

• 2014-02-01 14:24
  • vGN}

Yes This Phone is good but the Micromax service Centre is very very poor solution customer complaint.. that is very bad service foe micromax company. i feel that the My mistake for buy micromax mobile

• 2014-02-01 10:20
  • uua7

one of the worst phone ever I seen by battery getting drained very fastly with in half an hour my 100% charging getting to 0% waste mobile I think there is no solution for this....

• 2014-02-01 06:58
  • KFME

This is a piece of shit. Have given it to d service center for d second time. Just six months old. Micromax is def NOTHING like anything

• 2014-01-31 21:21
  • vwYj

Every things is very good, bt service center is very poor.

• 2014-01-31 20:31
  • t1$A

> In reply to ajay @ 2014-01-26 18:43 from 7jVw - click to read4.3 or 4.4 updates any available. Please tell me

• 2014-01-30 15:55
  • n1H$

where is the update for micromax a116 i.e 4.4 update.
All the HTC phones and motorola has received. Micromax cant fix the date of android 4.4 update.

Please make it as soon as possible or you will loose your total reputation

• 2014-01-30 13:15
  • KS2h

where i get battery of this micromax A116 canvas hd phone..

• 2014-01-30 09:17
  • iK1m

> In reply to ranjan @ 2014-01-29 18:45 from rK5e - click to readIf its 6 month old go to service center

• 2014-01-30 06:00
  • v{VY
Total of 11246 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.