Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

> In reply to ruchin pramod @ 2013-12-17 08:07 from te3m - click to readMicromax A116 Canvas HD is a dual band phone and US carriers operate on different frequencies than India. There's no chance this phone will work with any US SIM.

• 2013-12-17 15:09
  • t1$A

> In reply to mani sharma @ 2013-12-17 02:26 from PA7Y - click to readHello, both your SIM cards aren't working, right? Please check which Android version you have on your Canvas HD by going into settings and then about phone. It could be a hardware issue or a software issue. If you're on Android 4.1.2 or 4.2.1 version, follow this:
1. If you have anything on your Internal memory, take a backup of it in your SD card.
2. Switch off your phone and take out the SD card and SIM cards then insert the battery and switch the phone on.
3. Now, go into settings-> Backup & reset and select Factory Data Reset. Wait for the process to finish.
4. Once the phone is switched on, turn on, airplane mode and switch off the phone.
5. Now, insert your SIM cards correctly in the SIM slots and SD card into the SD slot.
6. Turn the phone on and then switch off airplane mode and wait for some time for the network to apper.
If you are still not getting network and you are on Android version 4.1.2 , take it to the service centre and ask them to update the phone to Android 4.2.1 version. After the Android 4.2.1 update, insert your SIM cards into the SIM slots and check if you're getting network or not. If you won't get network even after the update then it's a hardware fault in the SIM slots or problem in the IC and it can be fixed by the service centre officials. Best of luck.. (:

• 2013-12-17 15:03
  • t1$A

> In reply to canvas player @ 2013-12-15 17:28 from XuDP - click to readTry a factory reset and it will work without any issue..

• 2013-12-17 14:39
  • t1$B

> In reply to ayushgenius @ 2013-12-14 21:38 from vGuC - click to readI think Canvas HD doesn't support the band that Aircel uses, maybe that's why it isn't showing network in Aircel SIM. Use some other SIM or port your Aircel no. to whichever operator that has a good network coverage in your area.

• 2013-12-17 14:37
  • t1$B

micromax a116 does not work in USA

myself and my two friends purchased micromax a116 and tried to use this phone in USA, but it failed to recognise network there. No usa sim was working in all three micromaxa116 phones. when i send message to micromax on facebook they replied "contact nearest service centre". when i came back from usa gone to micromax centre they were not able to understand the problem. two of my friends soldout their phone with a loss. android version is 4.2.1

indian sims are working in micromax a116. Most surprisingly, micromax A110 was working in USA..

i posted this few days back but no one given reply :(

• 2013-12-17 08:07
  • te3m

I bought micromax a116 hd on nov 30th from a local store first two days it worked fine,on the third day i noticed burning smell coming from charging point,I went to service center and complained about my new phone and asked them for replacement,They told that my mobile is not activated and it will take one day for activation and then they will issue replacement letter,They gave me replacement letter after two weeks and all the dates given by them on the letter are false,very bad service i regret y i bought micromax.So i advice never buy micromax there service is worst.....and in very limited places only.I hope atleast my new mobile will work fine.

• 2013-12-17 07:40
  • IaCA

> In reply to Pooja sharma @ 2013-12-17 03:37 from PA7Y - click to readHi Pooja,
I have no idea how this can be resolved. One quick solution will be upgrade your phone to 4.2JB. You need loads of patience to explain this issue to Service Center guys :( All the Best

• 2013-12-17 07:19
  • KAxR

> In reply to GKGoneMad @ 2013-11-18 06:38 from KAxR - click to readhi friend...
last night same problem occour with my cell..my cell also no dedacte any network in any slot.what i should to do..

• 2013-12-17 03:37
  • PA7Y

i bought this cell last month..every thing was fine.but yesterday my cell not dedacte sim in both slot..i restore the handset ..but yet sim card not found ..plz what i should to do..!!!

• 2013-12-17 02:26
  • PA7Y

I had a broken display and touych... i got it replaced from ly a local service guy... the display broke because of a sudden impact.. after the replacement, the wifi and bluetooth are not working... are not even starting up... what to do now??? pls dont give "take it to authorised service station" as a suggestion!!!!

• 2013-12-16 19:13
  • vG4J

> In reply to ayushgenius @ 2013-12-11 17:52 from vGuR - click to readI too faced same problem but in my case culprit was BSNL. I suggest you upgrade your phone to JB 4.2. For my surprise my phone is working fine now. I do not know whether this is the solution but you can follow the solution pattern:)
1. I travel frequently between 2 states whenever I am in villages or small town I used to get signals.
2. If I move to metro cities phone was not catching the signal
3. I upgraded my phone to 4.2JB
4. Still my phone was not catching the signal
5. I went out of station for a village and I gained signal back :)
6. Now I am back in metro city and signal is up
7. No problem since a week
I know this solution looks foolish, for me it worked I do not know the technical reason behind this give it a try if you can ;)

• 2013-12-16 13:50
  • KAxR

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-12-15 08:46 from Khtw - click to readGo through Micromax HD dude.........awsm smart phone.

• 2013-12-16 09:11
  • PSL1

@Suvam, hey buddy my bluetooth does not work aftr ur suggession,it only wrk when i switch off my phon

• 2013-12-15 17:28
  • XuDP

> In reply to horrible battery @ 2013-12-12 05:57 from 9EAE - click to readYa itz true alwayz battery low shut...

• 2013-12-15 12:15
  • tZbm

guys,
micromax hd or sony experia m..?? will micromax hd last.?? i wanna purchase a new phone n m confused...help me out here plzz

• 2013-12-15 08:46
  • Khtw

> In reply to Suvham @ 2013-12-11 18:39 from s8dw - click to readYeah Aircel SIM's are working in all other phones in my Residence, its only Aircel which is non responsive...

Strange Situation even service center people cant understand whats the issue.

• 2013-12-14 21:38
  • vGuC

Hi friends i have got a crack on my touch screen due to presure in my pocket and my phone is normal no ISUES so i wanted to know what shoul i do
is there any risk to operate phone im this condition for some months

• 2013-12-14 18:37
  • U@NV

it very good but power button is not working proper......

• 2013-12-14 10:46
  • FfjF

Dear,
Very bad service provided by micromax company pls not perches any phone it brand very bad service after sell serivce......

• 2013-12-14 09:01
  • RBAV

i upgraded my phone yesterday with jb 4.2..........ya the os is a bit flickering but gets stable in some some time of use..... the display and the colour reproduction quality became amazing good...... camera is also improved a lot............ if u r straggling with its low internal memory then it is worth to upgrade

• 2013-12-14 04:00
  • Xj6w
Total of 11017 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.