Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

> In reply to raghu @ 2013-09-09 14:49 from uu39 - click to readMany people are complaining about the service center, its really that bad huh?

Fingers crossed for my phone!

• 2013-09-09 23:09
  • 3x8r

> In reply to shankybr @ 2013-09-09 13:41 from uu95 - click to readIt plays Real Racing 3 quite well. At first it didn't load at all for me, then I reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Make sure you don't have any background apps while playing :)

• 2013-09-09 23:08
  • 3x8r

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!

I bought this phone when it was first released, and now it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent price for the specifications.

I put a 32 GB class 10 high speed SD card in my phone, I have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1 through XDA (www.xda-developers.com). Till date I have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when I say its MMX. The screen is that good!

Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have live Wallpaper, and my battery lasts for at least one day with 2G and wifi activated all day (3G eats more battery). I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted phones).

Many people are complaining about the camera, but strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the low intensity camera flash light. You have to change a few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures come out amazing. Make the best of what is available. Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!

I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around 12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I am able to do all work possible on other high end phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock coordinates.

Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and clear.

I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I feel good about the performance till now and hopefully will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an electronic device, it can last years and years or even die in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and many people buy phones without warranty!

I am disappointed with TWO things: the stock headphones that comes in the box has very clear sounds, but other headphones does not seem compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones, but my phone cost me at least 50% lesser!

If you liked my review, please copy and paste it at least once for others to read and help them to make a decision. If you need help, mail me Rbn.kahn at Gmail along with your username. I will reply to your emails if I see my comment under your username here.

Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-09-09 22:54
  • 3x8r

my micromax hd display problaem

• 2013-09-09 17:37
  • t}DX

The service of micromax showroom is horrible, i had an issue with the battery of the phone in just four month, it started heating up and draining battery in one hour. it has been twenty five days i have given the phone to service center for repair under warranty and neither the service center people nor customer service number of micromax are replying properly.i am bugged up with this micromax company, so people don fall in trouble by buying this micromax phone thinking its bit low cost compared to other feature phone.

• 2013-09-09 14:49
  • uu39

this mobile version video calling must batter in this range phone but only 3g
network

• 2013-09-09 14:28
  • XNQ%

Can micromax canvas hd handle games like dark knight,real racing etc.,does it have a powerful gpu ?

• 2013-09-09 13:41
  • uu95

I feel SAR values given are not actual. will be good if someone update SAR figures

• 2013-09-09 13:29
  • K8TY

> In reply to bagchi123 @ 2013-09-08 16:28 from utXm - click to read@bagchi123: To be frank I did not notice the total time taken for charging the battery. But jelly bean 4.2 has many issues.

Jelly 4.1 is perfect and wait for jelly bean 4.3

• 2013-09-09 09:59
  • ttY0

> In reply to Hasanur Rahman @ 2013-09-08 18:38 from t1$A - click to read@Hasanur Rahman: As I informed earlier the battery issue is only with jelly bean 4.2 an there is no solution as it is a rom issue.
Hence, if you would like to save ur battery downgrade to jelly bean 4.1 and wait untill 4.3 is released.

• 2013-09-09 09:55
  • ttY0

please tellme any one this phone is suport for skype vodeocall? how is video clarity?

• 2013-09-09 09:53
  • 3Edd

Yesterday i update my Canvas HD to jelly bean 4.2.1 but i faced many problems in this these are following
1, Battery Taking 3.5 Hours to full charge.
2.I am unable to download Songs and Vidz
3.Many problem i Cant reveals everyone .
So don't update to 4.2.1 wait for 4.3......it will come very soon.

• 2013-09-09 07:15
  • YTYJ

frnds dont upgrade dis fone 4.2.1 b"coz u face some prblem after upgrade.. so keep use in factory version....

• 2013-09-09 04:54
  • 7qLu

which can i buy canvas 4 or hd tell me soon ..........

• 2013-09-09 03:49
  • U{QQ

> In reply to vikranth @ 2013-09-08 08:09 from t1$L - click to readhi vikranth my phone udate to 4.2 but bettery drop 30 or 35 to 15 % just 5min 4.2 jb but same prblm plc help me i m waiting

• 2013-09-08 18:38
  • t1$A

> In reply to vikranth @ 2013-09-08 08:09 from t1$L - click to readIs there any charging issue in 4.2.1? After upgrading, it is taking around 3 hours for complete charging whereas in 4.1.2 it used to take 1.5 hrs.

• 2013-09-08 16:28
  • utXm

Hi everyone, I am using micromax canvas HD believe me its a better than Samsung grand. Its touch is very good, camera clarity is better you can take HD photo as well. Sound quality is awasome. Internet speed is also good. Overall review for all who want to purchase android smart phone purchase this and be satisfied.

• 2013-09-08 16:07
  • n1k%

helllooo can any one tell me. how to stream video.... when I try it show me that"can't play this vidieo

• 2013-09-08 15:08
  • vwnh
  • F

super phone no lag...using from 5 months no issue..
canvas had fell down two times while using but not even a single damage...all android apps are supported as it has an 4.1.2 jelli bean o.s....can b up gradable to 4.2.1.....
micromax canvas series are always good....

• 2013-09-08 13:43
  • KFNd

the phone is very good but mmx service is not proper& speedy. i hv brought phone before three months my phone was restart autometik so i sand it at service center from last two months but it do not come today so the service center is vwry poor to give propre service to costumar

• 2013-09-08 09:36
  • U$4j
Total of 11100 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.