Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

> In reply to Mithun1990 @ 2013-09-10 15:19 from vIax - click to read@Mithun: I'm sorry to inform you that there is no recent news about jelly bean 4.3. But the update should be rolled out in month of November.

• 2013-09-10 15:32
  • ttYk

> In reply to Vikranth @ 2013-09-09 09:55 from ttY0 - click to readHi Vikranth can you please tell me is there any information about android 4.3 releasing date for Micromax canvas hd. If you know please share. Thanks in advance

• 2013-09-10 15:19
  • vIax

> In reply to Truth @ 2013-09-10 11:05 from uv${ - click to read@Truth: I'm using this phone from march 2013. To be frank till now I haven't faced even a single problem. I have experimented many things using this phone n never bricked the phone (flashing the phone more than 10 times, rooting, unrooting and swapping the internal memory). One word phone is super cool.

I can suggest any1 to take this phone but if you know any1 in US then better get nexus 4 from der coz in US it's $250 ie, 16000rs.

If I want to talk about this phone (Micromax A116) than you should be lucky enough to get a undefected piece from box. If you come across ny issue within a week o month from the date of purchase than u shud fight n exchange a new phone rather to give the phone for service.

If you don't find any issues than be happy to keep this phone. Nothing will happen.

Now if I would like to talk about software:

1- Jelly bean 4.1 (version 0.16)
The best version till now I have used. (I persionally describe best for bug free issues n don't judge on new things in software)
Pro: Everything is good.
Con:
A- Internal memory will be 1.7gb
B- Display quality is low

2: jelly bean 4.1 (version 0.20)
Pro: Display quality is good
Con: I found little lags while playing games and same internal memory will be 1.7gb

3: jelly bean 4.2
This is the version which pissed me off.
Pro: Display quality good and your external micro sd card acts has internal memory.
Con: Battery issue (u may spoil the bettery) and lags while playing games.

My persional suggestion would be use "Jelly bean 4.1 version 0.16". I know some of you may be disappointed with the internal memory like ull be unable to transfer the applications to micro sd card but better use bug free rom and wait until jelly 4.3 is released.

I hope this helped u:-)
If you would like to know anything about this phone u can ask me :-)

• 2013-09-10 15:01
  • ttYk

i am so much excited about Micromax canvas...i will buy it.love u Micromax

• 2013-09-10 14:50
  • uv7C

> In reply to Rishikesh K @ 2013-04-17 09:24 from tA{n - click to readHey rishikesh.... just saw ur post that u rooted CHD...! Hoe did u do it....? Did u do it frm the service center or by urslf....? I also wanted to root it for some.additional access....bt im afraid that i mighy brick it. So please share to me step by step how to jailbreak it safely. The person at service center dont knw what root means and wont help even if he did know. So please share the A-Z procedure on rooting canvas hd.
Thanks in advance

• 2013-09-10 11:51
  • Xuv6

> In reply to vikranth @ 2013-09-08 08:09 from t1$L - click to readfrom how long r u using this mobile..please share ur opinion..

• 2013-09-10 11:05
  • uv${

> In reply to 1Life @ 2013-09-10 09:01 from uv${ - click to readHi. I am suraj and i just wanna tell u that i want this phone,but i was little bit confuse of this a116's battery just tell me, for eg, i was continuously using this device for 5 or 6 hrs in full charged, it is possible? Or the battey stands by last 3-4 hrs just tell me my frnd pls

• 2013-09-10 11:04
  • HkqX

> In reply to sekhumrs @ 2013-09-10 10:24 from Hkqs - click to readonce I faced the same issue, That time I charged my mobile through another ac plug..issue resolved
Thanks.

• 2013-09-10 10:48
  • uv${

In browsing with internet, Battery down immediately

Only thing net searching battery down suddenly

• 2013-09-10 10:31
  • Y}Kd
  • F

To all my friends, am facing one pblm with my canvas HD. When an charging my phone I can't work in that, bcoz the touch were going somewheresomewhere n even double triple touch were occurring... am so much worried... is anyone facing dis pblm? Pls fronds tel me a solution.....

• 2013-09-10 10:24
  • Hkqs

ohh i am so excited to buy Micromax A116 Canvas HD...I am saving money to buy it next month.....

• 2013-09-10 09:20
  • uvUa

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!

I bought this phone when it was first released, and now it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent price for the specifications.

I put a 32 GB class 10 high speed SD card in my phone, I have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1 through XDA (www.xda-developers.com). Till date I have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when I say its MMX. The screen is that good!

Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have live Wallpaper, and my battery lasts for at least one day with 2G and wifi activated all day (3G eats more battery). I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted phones).

Many people are complaining about the camera, but strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the low intensity camera flash light. You have to change a few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures come out amazing. Make the best of what is available. Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!

I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around 12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I am able to do all work possible on other high end phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock coordinates.

Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and clear.

I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I feel good about the performance till now and hopefully will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an electronic device, it can last years and years or even die in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and many people buy phones without warranty!

I am disappointed with TWO things: the stock headphones that comes in the box has very clear sounds, but other headphones does not seem compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones, but my phone cost me at least 50% lesser!

If you liked my review, please copy and paste it at least once for others to read and help them to make a decision. If you need help, mail me Rbn.kahn at Gmail along with your username. I will reply to your emails if I see my comment under your username here.

Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-09-10 09:01
  • uv${

> In reply to VigneshRaj @ 2013-09-10 00:33 from PGwZ - click to readHi, i heard that aftr update to 4.2 u cn move apps to sd (nt all but most of) .frst chk version. If it is 4.1 than update it.......or it is updated then install app 2 sd u wil get option there. Hope i cn help

• 2013-09-10 07:19
  • t}AX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-09-05 20:08 from t1$K - click to readi tried bus still same problem...

• 2013-09-10 07:00
  • U$4j

> In reply to VigneshRaj @ 2013-09-10 00:33 from PGwZ - click to read@Vignesh: The only way to install the application onto your external micro sd card is to root the phone n swap the memory's.

• 2013-09-10 06:14
  • t1$K

Micromax canvas HD is very good. Yesterday I purchased, overall, it has all the features like Samsung galaxy grand. It's really nice to play HD games in 5 inch screen, watch movies, and so on. Very smooth to handle, and phone speed is aswum because of 1.2 Quad core Processor and 1 GB ram. But it has low memory (as mentioned 4 GB). Some of the applications cannot be moved to SD card, as the option "Move to External Storage" is disabled. If any one know's how to store all applications in External Memory card rather than Internal Memory, please post here. It will e very helpful for many Micromax users.

• 2013-09-10 00:33
  • PGwZ

> In reply to raghu @ 2013-09-09 14:49 from uu39 - click to readMany people are complaining about the service center, its really that bad huh?

Fingers crossed for my phone!

• 2013-09-09 23:09
  • 3x8r

> In reply to shankybr @ 2013-09-09 13:41 from uu95 - click to readIt plays Real Racing 3 quite well. At first it didn't load at all for me, then I reinstalled it and it worked fine.

Make sure you don't have any background apps while playing :)

• 2013-09-09 23:08
  • 3x8r

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!

Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-09-09 22:54
  • 3x8r

my micromax hd display problaem

• 2013-09-09 17:37
  • t}DX
Total of 11136 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.