Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

> In reply to mature male @ 2013-09-04 12:44 from Lbws - click to readpurchased 116a with in few days connectivity problem started u hv to re start cell every day to receive and sand msg or call .went to service centre at vashi fantasea . I think they hv been trained to throw customer out . bring yr bill ,we wants to check if it is Gray market product.
i think there service centre is horrible .. please think 10 times before buying micromex .only if U R lucky it is ok otherwise no after sales service.......

• 2013-09-04 15:12
  • X}sP

dear anki,i am oscillating between galaxy s4 and micromax 116 canvas HD.your comments about canvas HD is enticing me to buy one.but i am a guy who dont want any problem in a new phone and hate going to service centre.
what do u sujjust?

• 2013-09-04 12:44
  • Lbws

I need hlp whether 2 buy micromaxhd or samsung. Going through d cmnts micromax is nt gud. Is it so? M confused.

• 2013-09-04 12:16
  • XuiB

> In reply to Indian @ 2013-09-04 10:05 from w4Y9 - click to readur are not indian

• 2013-09-04 11:45
  • FYjF

> In reply to anki @ 2013-09-03 13:14 from t}8X - click to readI agree to Anki... I am using the phone and its great for what the price is

• 2013-09-04 10:28
  • M{mM

This is a piece of shit ive ever seen. Just dropped once from short distance.. It automatically switches off and never turns back. These are cheap chinese use and throw mobiles.. Most of them are from BLU brand. Poor display. Being a HD color reproduction is far far low when even compared to low-end Samsung phones..

Branded is always branded!!!

• 2013-09-04 10:05
  • w4Y9

low cost good phone

• 2013-09-04 10:02
  • 2W9N

Think 1000 times before buying micromax mobiles, I will post this every day in each post of micromax to create awareness.
I bought A110, almost 8 months ago (was Proud same as others). Trust me, at the first look Micromax mobiles will look and work awesome, as time goes it will start heating up, touch screen may run on its own, accessories may not work. Then comes the problem, Finding service center by calling micromax customer care – try it now- its next to impossible, E-mail them they will never answer. Submitting ur mobile at service center-Next to impossible (200 to 300 customers per day – service centers can handle 10 customers per hour average). Finally the problem will never be solved and you will never find a person to complain about the system how these people will work.
My mobile A110 is at surat service center for the past 02 months (Touch screen works on its own – I know digitizer needs to be replaced but they are not doing), Before buying visit service center first and u will never buy.

• 2013-09-04 08:35
  • PAtf

it's a very good handset.screen clearity is nice its pure hd quality.

• 2013-09-03 19:24
  • Hkqq

> In reply to Hussain123 @ 2013-09-03 08:16 from KAtp - click to readbro dont compare this great product to samsung
bro display is awesome nd its have a gorilla protecion
ok i will agree there is no magnet sensor but the camera is awesome after the update 4.2 it can compare to samsung the convas camera is a head in quality and it can record 1080p videos if u dont know dont talk
and it will give updates to very fast and apps are move to external sd card so dont baugther about the internal memory and micromax is 2nd highest smart phone in india and it is a true indian company

• 2013-09-03 18:45
  • Px%E

> In reply to cheryil @ 2013-09-03 04:01 from PSy3 - click to readWhile I am on a call via SIM 1, nobody is able to call me directly to SIM 2. Forwarsing the calls on SIM 1 as u said to SIM 2, if at all works, will help me know the calls I get on SIM 1 only.

• 2013-09-03 17:59
  • t1$G

> In reply to Hussain123 @ 2013-09-03 08:16 from KAtp - click to readare you a paid customer of Samsung ...

• 2013-09-03 17:29
  • t}PC

> In reply to ad wad @ 2013-09-02 18:39 from 9GrB - click to readhi MITRA ....canavs hd 4.2 update in avail All over india ....ur service center telling u liar if possible try in solapur or satara or pune service center i have done from mumbai

• 2013-09-03 16:38
  • 9xcS

I am using hike for my mobile
& i have active data connection. But i dont receive any messages through
data connection,
It happens with whatsapp too..(chat applications)
But i am able to use internet for mails & other applications

I receive it through WiFi?? connection.Why is it so

How to solve this problem?

• 2013-09-03 16:37
  • vGuk

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!
I bought this phone when it was first released, and now
it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even
though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service
centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent
price for the specifications.
I put a 32 GB class 10 high speed SD card in my phone, I
have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1
through XDA (www.xda-developers.com). Till date I
have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is
quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often
mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when
I say its MMX. The screen is that good!
Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do
many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer
calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have
live Wallpaper, and my battery lasts for at least one day
with 2G and wifi activated all day (3G eats more battery).
I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have
to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted
phones).
Many people are complaining about the camera, but
strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the
low intensity camera flash light. You have to change a
few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures
come out amazing. Make the best of what is available.
Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!
I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and
Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is
capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around
12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I
am able to do all work possible on other high end
phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a
fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock
coordinates.
Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold
in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the
right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD
screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly
consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies
and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels
on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and
clear.
I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I
feel good about the performance till now and hopefully
will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an
electronic device, it can last years and years or even die
in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and
many people buy phones without warranty!
I am disappointed with TWO things: the stock
headphones that comes in the box has very clear
sounds, but other headphones does not seem
compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of
headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus
there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and
that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is
still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I
still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One
and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones,
but my phone cost me at least 50% lesser!
If you liked my review, please copy and paste it at least
once for others to read and help them to make a
decision.
Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-09-03 13:14
  • t}8X

> In reply to Hussain123 @ 2013-09-03 08:16 from KAtp - click to readAre bhai its the best thing you can get for 13k and don't talk nonsense you can't get such features in this range

• 2013-09-03 13:08
  • t}8X

> In reply to Hussain123 @ 2013-09-03 08:16 from KAtp - click to readPlease don't compare the awesome Canvas HD with over priced plastic crap mobiles

• 2013-09-03 12:06
  • uv${

does not have compass hence no navigation no map use in navigation no detection of direction.

also read below points based on experience.

Display – It has HD IPS display, yet the display quality as not as good as featured high-end smartphones from Samsung. The brightness level is not that appreciable either.
The display is not scratch-proof, nor protected by Gorilla Glass, therefore makes it vulnerable to scratches, dust and easy shattering.
Magnetic sensor – Lack of magnetic sensor means compass won’t work. You might wonder who uses compass these days? Well, such sensors are used in determining direction in several maps and other similar apps.
Rear Camera – Although the megapixel count of camera is good i.e. 8 megapixel, yet the camera sensor and lens is not as good as those present in high end smartphones from Samsung. Camera in Canvas HD won’t be that good. Furthermore, when it comes to taking photos in lowlight, Canvas HD camera simply sucks!
No Full HD video recording i.e. 1080p video recording is not supported at all. Micromax Canvas HD camera can shoot 720p videos only as per official specifications listed on Micromax official website. But some of our readers and Canvas HD phone users are reporting Full HD Video recording support as well, so this is really weird. Micromax Fail or sign of poor/mistaken/misinformed marketing! Micromax should be clear right on their part and not create confusion of any sort.
Front Camera – Although the front camera is of 2megapixel, yet the quality of it is not as good as it should be.
No NFC, No HDMI – How will you be able to connect Canvas HD phone to Large display, like HDTV?
OS and Future firmware updates : It’s almost express that you’re buying Jelly Bean phone, but don’t expect android version updates in future. When it comes to pushing out OS version updates, all these domestic vendors including Micromax sucks.
Lack of Developers support- Moreover, since these phones are limited in their niche and market, Not many android developers take interest, which means that you’ll find a lot of difficulty in getting support for customization of your phone on android forums on the web, for example in case of rooting, modding, etc.
Low internal memory – Internal storage is very low i.e. just about 1.7GB. This is really too low for high-end smartphone. Atleast, 8GB of internal memory would have made more sense.
Brand recognition – Micromax is still seen as cheap chinese kinda brand by a major population. They disregard Micromax phones as cheap Chinese phones. So, if you care about show-off or exhibiting pompous feel/pride, Micromax is not for you. Period!

• 2013-09-03 08:16
  • KAtp

> In reply to shijusnair @ 2013-09-02 17:19 from t1$E - click to readIt is not a dual active, but dual standby handset. You can set call forward - when sim1 busy, forward call to sim2 and vice versa. This way you will get incoming call alert when you are using any one of the sim.

• 2013-09-03 04:01
  • PSy3

After updating my set is dead...
What i do ?

• 2013-09-02 20:32
  • tE69
Total of 11059 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.