Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

anyone tell me what is yhe reboot

• 2013-08-23 19:59
  • Px%E

> In reply to madhav singh @ 2013-08-23 12:44 from rJDy - click to readThanks
Madhav singh for ur reply

• 2013-08-23 19:46
  • Hkqt

I bought this phone when it was first released, and now it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent price for the specifications.

I put a 32 GB SD card in my phone, I have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1 through XDA. Till date I have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when I say its MMX. The screen is that good!

Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have LWP, and my battery lasts for at least one day with 3G and wifi activated all day. I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted phones).

Many people are complaining about the camera, but strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the low intensity camera flash. You have to change a few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures come out amazing. Make the best of what is available. Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!

I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around 12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I am able to do all work possible on other high end phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock coordinates.

Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and clear.

I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I feel good about the performance till now and hopefully will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an electronic device, it can last years and years or even die in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and many people buy phones without warranty!

I am disappointed with TWO things: the headphones that comes in the box has very clear sounds, but other headphones does not seem compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones, but my phone cost me at 50% less!

If you need help, mail me [rbn.kahn@gmail.com]. If you liked my comment, please copy and paste it at least once for others to read and help them to make a decision. Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-08-23 19:38
  • Hkqt

> In reply to anna @ 2013-08-23 15:06 from Hkqt - click to readCanvas HD has got 294 ppi pixel density while grand has 187 ppi pix density... on what basis are you saying that canvas hd's display is bad? Have you ever seen both phones together?

• 2013-08-23 18:44
  • uuDE

my micromax canvas hd is having problem with charging...give me solution..

• 2013-08-23 18:22
  • RBAV
  • hd is very best mobi
  • Rating0

best mobile on this cost. best choice

• 2013-08-23 16:11
  • t1$I

why will anybody pay 4-5000 for these two features but anyways canvas hd is best than grand

• 2013-08-23 15:42
  • t}PC

NO NFC no DLNA..color generation of display iis poor. also got slow while browsing heavy traffic..no multiwindow..waste of money..plz go for grand

• 2013-08-23 15:06

Hi,
Rooting is possible on canvas HD, but your warranty will be voided. micromax will charge you if there is any repair you want to perform and if they find that the phone was rooted.

go to howtorootphones.com site. you will find the authentic method of boot rooting phones.

look for unrooting options on the same site too you should find it.

• 2013-08-23 14:55
  • XNts

canvas 2 plus is better than hd

• 2013-08-23 13:50
  • U@x}

micromax canvas is very good phone

• 2013-08-23 13:35
  • vweG

> In reply to sky @ 2013-08-19 10:42 from 2ZY2 - click to readit is the best in this price

• 2013-08-23 12:51
  • rJMv

> In reply to farid @ 2013-08-19 21:51 from Hkqv - click to readhello friends,
open contact from main menu your mice work correctly.
at the time of call if you press contact plus button it means your are going to conference call so your mice muted for some time, so it is in your hand

• 2013-08-23 12:44
  • rJDy

> In reply to farid @ 2013-08-19 21:51 from Hkqv - click to readhello friends,
open contact from main menu your mice work correctly.

• 2013-08-23 12:40
  • rK7S

Hey RbN!! (rbnkahn@gmail.com)
As desired by you via mail, requesting you here to please send me the details of the rooting process & upgrading to 4.2

• 2013-08-23 12:38
  • FY4L

> In reply to raju @ 2013-08-22 20:41 from t}L8 - click to readCanvas Hd is the best - Hd quality display , Camera video resolution is full hd and multimedia supports full hd video

• 2013-08-23 12:03
  • utVn

The specification of this phone has been amazing, i just want to know if i can trust the hardware.
with the ram and internal memory this phone has it wont go slow. i am also aware about the GPS issues. but can the hardware be trusted. i have uses a very basic Micromax phone when it was newly launched. my first android, its touchscreen ripped off in 6 months. physical and liquid damages are not covered in any warranty universally. so i didnot even bother to go to the service center.

Has anybody used this phone for morethen a year and has a good experiance.

Please do let me know i really want to buy this phone but not just for 6 months again.

Regards
Babu

• 2013-08-23 11:34
  • XNts

plz suggest .....whether to buy this 1 or go for samsung quattro or grand...? huwz dis phne...?

• 2013-08-23 11:11
  • vweH
  • Amandeep Singh Saini
  • Rating0

> In reply to raju @ 2013-08-22 20:41 from t}L8 - click to readObviously Canvas HD A116 is a better option.

• 2013-08-23 08:24
  • utpc
Total of 10952 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.