Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

• 2013-08-28 08:59
  • 2@fI

Amazing phone!
No doubt. unlike Grand, Mega, Karbonn, nokia,,,
Its worth spending 13,900 Touch is amazing, good looking phone good speed!!!

• 2013-08-28 08:07
  • bENF

> In reply to LiFe.beyondEarth @ 2013-08-27 14:37 from 3YYf - click to readyah i understand that you are the one of the micromax dealer or may be related to that micromax organisation how can we say means even a 7th class student can define that that much of experience and that much of valuable time no would not be able to spend with others now a days except the worth person any way that's good but give some more suggestions about thier draw backs

• 2013-08-28 07:38
  • PEmZ

It s silly and useless and the mostly habging problem are there

• 2013-08-27 21:49
  • U$4j

even i will freper 2000 rs phones on samsung or nokia
but i am not suggested these phones bcoz
no brand name
worest service centers
worest sound quality
some times touch is not work properly
and poorest indian brand

• 2013-08-27 19:46
  • Px%E

Micromax products are better than samsung ,Samsung has high price but has Hanging problems just like other china sets..So better don't go for samsung products..Micromax is great for its value

• 2013-08-27 19:26
  • RK0b

> In reply to LiFe.beyondEarth @ 2013-08-27 14:37 from 3YYf - click to readSir...how can i increase volume nd what iss xda??

• 2013-08-27 19:24
  • rJH}

Hello Friends I m Nishchay My age is 13 yrs and i m planning to buy this phone but i am confused that it is not full HD
IS it good phone

• 2013-08-27 17:31
  • vGx$

> In reply to emy @ 2013-08-27 13:50 from t}AK - click to readWhen you got the update 4.2.2?

• 2013-08-27 17:30
  • PSyw

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!

I bought this phone when it was first released, and now it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent price for the specifications.

I put a 32 GB class 10 high speed SD card in my phone, I have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1 through XDA (www.xda-developers.com). Till date I have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when I say its MMX. The screen is that good!

Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have live Wallpaper, and my battery lasts for at least one day with 2G and wifi activated all day (3G eats more battery). I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted phones).

Many people are complaining about the camera, but strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the low intensity camera flash light. You have to change a few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures come out amazing. Make the best of what is available. Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!

I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around 12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I am able to do all work possible on other high end phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock coordinates.

Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and clear.

I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I feel good about the performance till now and hopefully will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an electronic device, it can last years and years or even die in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and many people buy phones without warranty!

I am disappointed with TWO things: the stock headphones that comes in the box has very clear sounds, but other headphones does not seem compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones, but my phone cost me at least 50% lesser!

If you liked my review, please copy and paste it at least once for others to read and help them to make a decision. If you need help, mail me along with your username. I will reply to your emails if I see my comment under your username here.

Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-08-27 14:37
  • 3YYf

Amazing phone....just bout it and it comes with 4.2 and the touch is amazing.....

• 2013-08-27 14:34
  • XNtX

> In reply to Juned @ 2013-08-25 15:26 from 7tCD - click to readDownload 21mbps Upload 11mbps

• 2013-08-27 14:28
  • U@D}

> In reply to emy @ 2013-08-27 13:50 from t}AK - click to readhow can I upgrade my HD bro.

• 2013-08-27 14:07
  • utR1

i am also using this phone. it is excellent then other phone
when i upgraded to 4.2.2 then its battery backup and sound quality is much better then the original once.....

• 2013-08-27 13:50
  • t}AK

> In reply to sheril @ 2013-08-27 12:50 from vGZv - click to readam thinking to buy sony xperia m. . its gud phne is it nt?

• 2013-08-27 13:03
  • 7txW

> In reply to 2 dudes @ 2013-08-27 12:22 from 7tLp - click to readThen it will be better to purchase nokia or samsung basic models... smartfons we cant guarantee more than 2yrs... according to ur usage...

• 2013-08-27 12:50
  • vGZv

> In reply to Pravin Naik @ 2013-08-27 11:16 from KxIf - click to readthnx fr ur rply . . i want to purchase phone once only. after purchasing cel i dnt want to be in trouble .once if i buy the phne it shld work fine nd normal fr couple of years

• 2013-08-27 12:22
  • 7tLp

> In reply to 2 dudes @ 2013-08-27 09:00 from 7tLm - click to readI took the handset Micromax A116 white gsm handset on 13 April 2013 from
Magnet Dadar (West), Mumbai-28 , within 7 days the handset was facing many issues, like the handset was not charging at all , also the handset was freezing …as I was working ,as I was working, could not go within 7 day to return the handset…I went to this same store regarding the issues I was facing with the handset however I had gone on the 8th day 21st May 2013, as I inform the store about the issue they did not believe and made me wait in the store to check whether there is any issue regarding the battery not charging as they understood there is a concern they did not change the handset but change the battery …

Later 28 May, I had to visit the store as the handset was completely dead, the store people inform me that they had to send the handset to the service centre, I agreed, they did not have any loan phone, I was still fine and completely co operated with them, I was informed that I will get the handset within 10 days however after continuous visit and calls to the store I finally got the handset back on 21 June 2013, in a very shabby manner, the handset was looking like its been used since 1 year,
Just to bitter my experience further, on 26th June 2013 I had to visit the store as the Middle touch of the handset was not working.then after 1 month they replace my mobile within 7 days i put my cell on charging then burning smell come from mobile then i unplugged charge n separate battery n handset
this time i directly went to Mahavir electronic that is service center and the experience was worst after lot of explanation they take my cell. after one day i came to know my old log was not close by magnet, again i called magnet person he took mahavir electronic's person number from me then after no reply from magnet and mahavir electronic. really i am very much frustrated of the magnet person (amit)
It has been a pathetic, horrible, unacceptable experience I purchase the handset on 13th April 2013 however I have not use the handset at all ..
Now also the handset is send back to the service center ..

• 2013-08-27 11:16
  • KxIf

any one using ths cell can u tel hw is ths handset? i heard that its spare parts r nt available in service centres. . shld i go fr other branded handsets or buy ths mobile?

• 2013-08-27 09:00
  • 7tLm

canvas hd is a very gud device . itts battery is very god .it spends 7 hours on net continusly .very good touch . the phne is upgrade to 4.2 jb then the phone works good

• 2013-08-27 08:18
  • rJHb
Total of 11002 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.