Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

Guys, is there any android app for this phone which helps me to lock the screen from the main page? There are many for unlocking the screen but not for lock. I understand that the side button will do it, but I do not want to use it much as I need its help for unlocking anyway... Also, what is the time taken for full charging? Mine takes 4 hours after software update. Previously it was around 2 hours only.

• 2013-09-01 17:05
  • Hkqt

Brought it two month back truly worth in, happy with performance...

• 2013-09-01 16:40
  • t1$K

Brought it two month back truly worth in, happy with performance...

• 2013-09-01 16:31
  • t1$G

> In reply to Rohit Naik @ 2013-09-01 12:57 from uukR - click to readget mx player from goole play.

• 2013-09-01 14:17
  • bCqn

Nice article

I have brought this phone last month

Very good phone

Better than most of the phone under 15 k

Please suggest me how I can improve upon my video

• 2013-09-01 12:57
  • uukR

seeee,,, as long as u dont have any problem ur lucky. the day ur fone starts troubling u , its gone be the begning of ur worst days. trust me.
caz am an mmx user. my phone had absolutely no problem for 6 mnths, when the problem started to arise,i took it to the servive center, over there they held my phone for 2 long months,& finally returned, now am regreting for my decession

• 2013-09-01 12:07
  • X}sN

> In reply to sssssddd @ 2013-08-31 16:20 from t1$L - click to readfor better battery backup use battery doctor or battery saver app which u can download frm android market ....!!!

• 2013-09-01 09:13
  • t}8a

> In reply to Raj @ 2013-08-31 12:39 from PRTN - click to readIts only with android v 4.2.1..
So update UA fon

• U$4j

it is a good phone....

• 2013-09-01 05:47
  • rK}i

using this phone for past 2 months. when i went to purchase this mobile, many people said me not to purchase this as this is a micro max product. but i had few preference like good display, dual sim, better battery back up. and expandable sd card slot with removable back cover to access battery. i will say this phone solved all my problems in a blast. this is a real charm phone. i love the design. the processor is so good. as i never faced any lag. and its dual sim. which many flagship mobiles dont provide. no flag ships like sony z, s4 nor htc one have a dual sim version. atleast when i purchased this phone. now htc one comes in dual sim version.but around 45 thousand rupees inr. this phone have a good battery back up for a normal user like me. lasts me 2 days after full charge. sound quality too fine. i use senheisser head sets. this phones audio playback is cool. the best thing is the display of 294ppi. its so awesome. cant find any blur. camera quality too fine. though it cant match the flagships. but its fine. good video recording and good snap photos. only draw back is the charge from 30% to 10% dries out quickly. but you will start living with it comfortably like me. i didnt found this as an issue. as i know this. another thing is the processor. i never intended to buy a quadcore. but i thought to buy a phone that wont lag at all. and this phone is completely lag free. never freeze nor lag even a bit. so people who are interested with this phone, may buy this product blind folded. we should think micromax can too become a flagship in near future. lets give them a chance. as all flagships passed this pace to become no.1. and ppl pls stop complaining this is an indian brand. m feeling great that indian companies too gaining popularity amoung foreign brands

• 2013-08-31 23:00
  • YQxK

this is real awesome mobile. i would say best ever produced by mmx. because they actually tried there luck with this phone pricing this very low for 14k and it really worked. a smart phone for 14k with quadcore processor with good display is real awesome. but now mmx increased there price on canvas 4 to 18k and doodle 2 to 19k. i thing i really made a good and right choice picking this phone. even retailers in chennai increased its price to 15k. as everyone interested to buy this mater piece. till date i never faced a single lag. m using this

• 2013-08-31 22:40
  • YQxK

> In reply to sssssddd @ 2013-08-31 16:20 from t1$L - click to readbettary is dameg

• 2013-08-31 20:30
  • Xu7x

my phone charge in 1 hour full and 1 hour battery low what's problem pleased help me

• 2013-08-31 16:20
  • t1$L

my phone working in 2 hours only charge.please help me guys

• 2013-08-31 15:59
  • t1$I

> In reply to 1LiFe @ 2013-08-31 10:37 from 3YcL - click to readHow many Times ur giving this same update ur using in Dubai or Afganistan who cares .....Its a indian brand
stop posting same again &again

• 2013-08-31 15:28
  • 9xcS

I want buy this phone Plzzzzz Suggest How to transfer to games from internal memory to sd card.

• 2013-08-31 12:39
  • PRTN

> In reply to 1LiFe @ 2013-08-31 10:37 from 3YcL - click to readI feel good when my fnds ask me twice ,is it a Micromax product....?

It's just excellent ...

I want to upgrade my software version ...pls guide me

• 2013-08-31 11:33
  • XuiN

bought it 15 days before, working like a butter, biggest pro is got 4.2.1 upgraded version...can move apps to memory card directly now...100% worth for money..
my personal review:
sound- ok
camera- ok

• 2013-08-31 11:03
  • wdMj

Ok people, i'll say this once so listen carefully!!

I bought this phone when it was first released, and now it is almost 4 months with me here in DUBAI. Even though my phone has warranty, there is NO MMX service centers in Dubai but I still bought it because of excellent price for the specifications.

I put a 32 GB class 10 high speed SD card in my phone, I have rooted my phone, manually updated to 4.2.1 through XDA (www.xda-developers.com). Till date I have NOT faced any problem. I like the build quality, it is quite good with premium looks IMO. My friends often mistake my phone for S3 and then they're shocked when I say its MMX. The screen is that good!

Since I have rooted my phone (XDA), I am able to do many stuff on my phone, like waving my hand to answer calls just like in S4 (app name AIR CALL). I even have live Wallpaper, and my battery lasts for at least one day with 2G and wifi activated all day (3G eats more battery). I have customized ringtones, but for that you will have to put that tune/mp3 in the ringtones folder (for rooted phones).

Many people are complaining about the camera, but strangely I find it very good. The only drawback is the low intensity camera flash light. You have to change a few settings (set ISO to 1600) that suit you and pictures come out amazing. Make the best of what is available. Its not the car, but the driver who is in control!!

I am able to play heavy games like NFS Most Wanted and Real Racing 3 smoothly on my phone, so the hardware is capable enough. Antutu benchmark score is around 12799, which is excellent IMO. I dont face any lags and I am able to do all work possible on other high end phones. GPS took a long time before, but then I found a fix in XDA and now it only takes 10 sec to lock coordinates.

Last but not the least, the phone is comfortable to hold in the hand and I have medium sized hands. Its also the right weight, so it feels good to hold. I love the HD screen. My phone reboots in 34 seconds exactly consistently and my phone is full of apps and movies and songs. Oh yeah, I even increased the volume levels on my phone (check XDA), so the volume is loud and clear.

I live in Dubai and there is no MMX center here. But I feel good about the performance till now and hopefully will not need the services of a MMX center. It is an electronic device, it can last years and years or even die in one minute. It is the same with any other brand, and many people buy phones without warranty!

I am disappointed with TWO things: the stock headphones that comes in the box has very clear sounds, but other headphones does not seem compatible. I think you need to look for specific kind of headphones that is compatible with the phone. Plus there are no accessories (mobile covers) available, and that is mainly because I live in Dubai and the phone is still not released here. MMX is not well known here, but I still get looks from my friends who carry S4, HTC One and BB Q10. They think of it as equal to their phones, but my phone cost me at least 50% lesser!

If you liked my review, please copy and paste it at least once for others to read and help them to make a decision.

Trust me, its worth it... Have a good day!

• 2013-08-31 10:37
  • 3YcL
Total of 11064 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.