Micromax A116 Canvas HD - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.3
7.5
7.5

I'm using this phone past 1 month.And no problems with diaplay and no lagging games play good.also we can watch 720p movies easily with help of MX player....camera quality not up to mark...but once updated to jelly bean 4.2 its camera quality is good...I updated mine to jelly bean 4.2.1 and no issue with 4.2 jelly bean.. GPS locks little faster than 4.1...overall this phone is a vfm...

• 2013-09-11 14:24
  • uvtk

My experience towards this mobile is very good. But one thing I'm bothering is, What happens if the Power/Unlock button is damaged??!! Because I got my first handset with that problem and thanks for flipkart replacing it with new one.
The basic build quality of the button is very poor/cheap. If something goes wrong with it(after 3 to 4 months) we cant turn on screen.. **That too we have to press that button very often..** We cant claim for new one or going to service center is useless.. Anybody here is feeling like me..
Thanks.

• 2013-09-11 12:08
  • uv${

> In reply to vivek kumar @ 2013-09-11 06:18 from vGBW - click to readis it really good phone?

• 2013-09-11 10:36
  • rJ$T

Hey guys.anybody knows that what is phone idle.this system eats about my 40% of battery.plz guys help me

• 2013-09-11 10:28
  • KFP}

• 2013-09-11 10:27
  • KFP}

> In reply to MANYA @ 2013-09-11 07:03 from vweH - click to read@Manya:
For your questions:

1- Yes this phone is worth paying. 3 Years??? "Can't comment on this coz I have never used any phone for 3 years."

2- It's good if you fight and take a new piece instead of servicing the defective phone.
As informed in my earlier replies if you find any issues within a week or month better to replace the phone instead of servicing it, coz after servicing also day by day u'll find many issue.

3- Aramse you can install applications like facebook, WatsApp and most of the games. You can't install games which are more than 1.7GB***
About movies, y do you want to save the movies, songs and videos in internal memory(1.7 gb)?? Take a memory card and store the date in it. (Go for 32gb or 16gb "class 10" memory card- Kingston or Transcend).

*** This internal memory depends on operating system. If the operating system is jelly bean 4.1 then your internal memory will remain 1.7 GB only. Whether you insert memory card or not it will remain constant.

If the operating system is jelly bean 4.2 then your internal memory will be the storage capacity of your micro sd card. Eg: If you have purchased 32gb micro sd card and inserted in your phone then your internal memory will be 32gb and external memory will be 1.7 gb visa-versa. But, this operating system has many issue. So, I recommend you to use jelly bean 4.1 and sacrifice the internal storage space. Wait for jelly bean 4.3.

4- If you have decided to buy this phone go for it!!! If you have second thoughts about this company then wait for "SONY XPERIA C" which has same features. Also, as said earlier if you know any1 from US try to get Nexus 4. Worth it!!!

I hope you found this helpful!!!
Cheers :)

• 2013-09-11 08:33
  • t1$E

what are the main differences in canvas hd and canvas 4?

• 2013-09-11 07:15
  • rJ0u

> In reply to Vikranth @ 2013-09-10 15:01 from ttYk - click to read@ Vikranth

Plz read my post & post ur view asap

• 2013-09-11 07:05
  • t}Ar

Hiiii

Dear all

M finally planning to buy this phone today. kindly post your valuable suggestions for my following questions
1) 1st time m planning to buy micromax, as m samsung user.Is it worth..? bcoz i use 1 phone upto 3 years minimum.
2) yesterday m cousin bought canvas plus but immediately today automatically the software collapsed. Service station had committed to replace piece with new one. m afraid...
3)4 gb internal memory...1.7 user available, is it sufficient..? as my requirement is wtsup, face book and games, movies.?
4) After long waiting period finally m prepared to buy a smart phone financially and mentally

Dear friends kindly help me. fast

• 2013-09-11 07:03
  • vweH

> In reply to sekhumrs @ 2013-09-10 10:24 from Hkqs - click to readDear that charger problem,use Samsung Sony or lg charger u can resolve problem . Quality of Micromax charger is very bad so use other branded charger

• 2013-09-11 06:39
  • uviI

Very nice phone .

• 2013-09-11 06:18
  • vGBW

Hi I want to buy canvas a116hd.can any one suggests me about its charger,battery back up,camera clarity,and applications ,and .Operating speed.thanks

• 2013-09-10 21:39
  • Hkqw

can any one plz till me how to downgrade micromax canvas hd to 4.1.2 bcoz i hve face many problm in 4.2 specially my batty hs been spoil so i want to downgrade to 4.1.2 kindly give me suggstn

• 2013-09-10 21:10
  • rANI

> In reply to tiny @ 2013-09-10 16:27 from U@q% - click to readDear am using d same charger that micromax given... i also tried with another micomax mobile charger but the same occuring.... another company charger wil solve my pblm? Am not telling bad to my hd.... its awesome phone that i ever used... no one can match with my hd....

• 2013-09-10 18:11
  • Hkqw

> In reply to sekhumrs @ 2013-09-10 10:24 from Hkqs - click to readDude don worry ntn s wrong wit ur mobile t s with ur charger t s takin less input of power like our smartphones require 1ma of power charging to work properly but ur charger s inputin like 0.5mah so try other chargers like Samsung or HTC or Nokia t ll work properly but don buy local chargers as u ll face d same prob hope t helped

• 2013-09-10 16:27
  • U@q%

> In reply to Suraj @ 2013-09-10 11:04 from HkqX - click to read@Suraj: Bro I would like to inform you that you can use this phone for 5hrs continuously without letting the display off. I have examined myself.

• 2013-09-10 16:13
  • ttYk

> In reply to Mithun1990 @ 2013-09-10 15:19 from vIax - click to read@Mithun: I'm sorry to inform you that there is no recent news about jelly bean 4.3. But the update should be rolled out in month of November.

• 2013-09-10 15:32
  • ttYk

> In reply to Vikranth @ 2013-09-09 09:55 from ttY0 - click to readHi Vikranth can you please tell me is there any information about android 4.3 releasing date for Micromax canvas hd. If you know please share. Thanks in advance

• 2013-09-10 15:19
  • vIax

> In reply to Truth @ 2013-09-10 11:05 from uv${ - click to read@Truth: I'm using this phone from march 2013. To be frank till now I haven't faced even a single problem. I have experimented many things using this phone n never bricked the phone (flashing the phone more than 10 times, rooting, unrooting and swapping the internal memory). One word phone is super cool.

I can suggest any1 to take this phone but if you know any1 in US then better get nexus 4 from der coz in US it's $250 ie, 16000rs.

If I want to talk about this phone (Micromax A116) than you should be lucky enough to get a undefected piece from box. If you come across ny issue within a week o month from the date of purchase than u shud fight n exchange a new phone rather to give the phone for service.

If you don't find any issues than be happy to keep this phone. Nothing will happen.

Now if I would like to talk about software:

1- Jelly bean 4.1 (version 0.16)
The best version till now I have used. (I persionally describe best for bug free issues n don't judge on new things in software)
Pro: Everything is good.
Con:
A- Internal memory will be 1.7gb
B- Display quality is low

2: jelly bean 4.1 (version 0.20)
Pro: Display quality is good
Con: I found little lags while playing games and same internal memory will be 1.7gb

3: jelly bean 4.2
This is the version which pissed me off.
Pro: Display quality good and your external micro sd card acts has internal memory.
Con: Battery issue (u may spoil the bettery) and lags while playing games.

My persional suggestion would be use "Jelly bean 4.1 version 0.16". I know some of you may be disappointed with the internal memory like ull be unable to transfer the applications to micro sd card but better use bug free rom and wait until jelly 4.3 is released.

I hope this helped u:-)
If you would like to know anything about this phone u can ask me :-)

• 2013-09-10 15:01
  • ttYk

i am so much excited about Micromax canvas...i will buy it.love u Micromax

• 2013-09-10 14:50
  • uv7C
Total of 11210 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A116 Canvas HD.