Micromax A117 Canvas Magnus - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.7
7.7
7.8

> In reply to vijji @ 2014-07-08 11:50 from tU6w - click to readSame issues buddy >_

• 2015-03-02 13:49
  • tA{G

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2015-01-29 18:19 from vGB6 - click to readNo.only up to 16 gb

• 2015-02-24 14:55
  • vGNH

> In reply to Suresh @ 2015-01-03 11:20 from X{h5 - click to readDownload d app face book video downloader frm playstore...u cn c d videos n enjoy....even m using d same phne

• 2015-02-20 05:03
  • XuZK

I want to recommended to all of you never buy Micromax Mobile . i bought this phone before 6 month than i had with screen touch not working . then i went to service center and i got my my phone after 30 days then some month touch working but again i m facing this problem . my brother also have micromax mobile he is also disappointed to buy micromax mobile .. if u don't want to waist ur money . Don't by this mobile or any product of Micromax if u

• 2015-02-16 08:16
  • vI1w

Bullshit....! I bought this piece on april 25th'14 .within 10 days i charged this phone on different charger and saw all screen fluctuations on the screen .i went to service station and got it changed absolutely free .since i had no problem with it till now .i sugest people to handle their handset with care .i like this device .touch is good .battery is good as long as v.less internet is used as long as 6 hrs with 2 hrs of continues calls.this devices has drawback that inbuilt memory is more occupied with unnessary application so whenever its loaded with high graphic games and desire apps ,it runs out on inbuilt memory.rest all good .mm u rock with this device with such affordable price .plz release update version to ur old device ie : 4.4.2.

• 2015-02-11 21:59
  • bJ73

i recommend not at ol to buy dis phne d worst phne ever .....touch does not work properly ,battery life is also dull

• 2015-02-11 17:36
  • uu3I

My experience with Canvas Magnus.

Do not bet your hard earned money on this one.

I would not recommend anyone to buy this product.

After buying the smartphone, in just two weeks the power button broke, luckily was fixed by taking a weeks time, by the service center.

Then the touch problems started, I was unable to stop the alarm, was unable to pick the call or disconnect, typing messages just hits all the wrong keys and host of touch related and other problems, like auto moving icons in the home screen, wifi signal reception is not good, speaker volume fluctuates, system ui not responding etc.

The touch problems were intermittent but definitely happened so many times in a day leading to huge frustration. Going back to the service center produced no results since they just gave back the phone in a couple of days saying that there are no issues even though I have mentioned that the touch problems are intermittent and definitely happens throughout. You just have to keep pressing the power button to lock the screen and then unlock again multiple times in order to get the touch to work correctly again.

Service center is going to be a bad experience.

There are occasional restarts during calls, or even call drops. Even with the quad turbo processing power, you can see the lag with the popular games like subway surfer or temple run at times.

• 2015-02-10 12:35
  • vGqe

This is opininon about Micromax review nothing personal.

I advice that no one have to purchase Micromax Mobile.

when i purchased many my friends told me that micromax mobile has touch screen issue is most common.

I ignored and purchased A117 after 11 month my touchscreen one part not functional without any reason.

Service center service is not fast. They replaced with new touchscreen and what i found that there is dust particles and finger print on touchscreen & LCD.

other problem is sometime calls came and i want to receive call that time touch screen became non responsive.

• 2015-02-08 16:18
  • utQu

Hi,

I am using micromax A117 since last 13 months and its my first Micromax phone and maybe the last. Lets start with the A117 first.

1. Build quality is not good, but its ok with the price.
2. Battery has shown its quality, now last for only 2-3 hours
3. It has been been said that there is a quick option which can detect the software update so that u can simply update the software. But no update is available till date.
4. Sometimes the phone hangs while incoming call. So neither i can receive the call nor disconnect.
5. I had some problem with the lock key as well.
6. Charging cable is not gets fit properly with the phone, its create lots of problem using phone while charging.
7. While connecting phone to my laptop using the data cable you have to safely remove your device but as mention in above in point due to no perfect fit the phone gets disconnected and guess what, i had lost all my music playlist but since I am a music lover so this is a big blow for me. Thats when I could say quality matters.

Not lets come to Micromax brand.

1. Worst customer service. I had gave my phone to service center and they said it will be repair in a week but acually its not 15 days passes And I went to customer service again and got the same response (1 more week ) Only reason parts not available. These people have no clu when the parts will come but they will always say 1 week. I asked few other people present and guess what they all were waiting for mire then a month.
2. Last but not the least send '=' (only equals sign) as a msg to any micromax phone and thier phone will be restarted. I had sent them a mail reagarding the same 6 months ago and here as well no responce.

Gudluck guys

• 2015-02-01 19:14
  • KA9r

Hi,

1. Build quality is not good, but its ok with the price.
2. Battery has shown its quality, now last for only 2-3 hours
3. It has been been said that there is a quick option which can detect the software update so that u can simply update the software. But since today no update is available.
4. Sometimes the phone hangs while incoming call. Si neither i can receive the call nor disconnet.
5. I had some problem with the lock key aswell.
6. Charging cable is not gets fit properly with the phone, its creat lots of problem using phone while charging.
7. While conneting phone to my laptop using the data cable you have to safely remove your device but as metion in above in point due not perfect fit the phone gets disconnected and guess what, i had lost all my playlist and I am a music lover so this is a big blow for me. Thats I could say quality matters.

Not lets come to Micromax brand.

Gudluck guys

• 2015-02-01 12:14
  • GQca

Is there kitkat update for micromax canvas magnus a117?

• 2015-02-01 05:42
  • uu7b

Can we use a 64gb usb3 otg drive with a117

• 2015-01-29 18:19
  • vGB6

I am using this phone for the last 14 months.still i didnt face any pblm. Processor is good camera quality is also awesome. Battery life is ok may be 2000 mah is the reson .1gb for app tht is a big draw back but apart from this phone work so smooth. I had pit my hands on nokia sony htc lg. But may the models i had used or any other resson i dnt knw , i am impressed with magnus a117.but now i want to chang this coz of one resson. Micromax dont give any software update.my phone is still working in jellybean. If you need a budget phone go for micromax. It will serve your purpose

• 2015-01-29 03:00
  • u14g

> In reply to K K SHARMA @ 2015-01-22 15:29 from Mfxe - click to readHow to do this? i.e. is there a way to swap phone storage for apps? I am also looking for it. Somebody pls help me.

• 2015-01-24 17:24
  • uvwx

Have been using this phone for close to 13 months, two gripes have been 1) erroneous charging, I have set the phone to Auto Shutdown and Auto Switch On daily, that has sorted the issue, 2) Limitation on the 1 GB allocation for the apps, which is holding up update of the existing apps, had this been set as 2 GB for the apps and 1 GB of user space that would have been quite useful.

• 2015-01-22 15:29
  • Mfxe

MMX cmpny tell me about MMX canvas that 1gb RAM and 4 GB internal storage . but i can't get any type of this..may be Micromax is froud..

• 2015-01-15 09:31
  • HsLh

I replaced the touchscreen and display of my phone. Now when I call proximity sensor doesn't works well I.e when I want to disconnect the call the screen remains black so I can't disconnect the call. Also I tried to end call using power key but that method also didn't worked. Tell what to do now? How to disable proximity sensor?

• 2015-01-12 10:27
  • Hkts

where is the new update for mmx a117?
?

• 2015-01-08 13:20
  • 2@Yd

Camera is good and performance is also good but sound quality is worst, overall good phone .this phone is 85 out of 100 good.

• 2015-01-06 09:33
  • U{2S

Frnds this was regular problem of this phone show plz take new battery for make ur ph best

• 2015-01-06 08:38
  • v{}1
Total of 1648 user reviews and opinions for Micromax A117 Canvas Magnus.