Micromax Canvas 4 A210 - user opinions and reviews

7.4
7.3

• Pranjal(Canvas4user)
  • Rating0

> In reply to cooldude @ 2013-12-13 07:33 from PSyn - click to readHi Cooldude!
Its awesome to know that you are a user of C4 from last 6(SIX) MONTHS but you have an issue that it restarts on its own. I am using it from October and it has not restarted on its own till today. My guess would be if you switched off the phone while it was updating or if you rooted(BRICK) the phone incorrectly well that may be the case. Please be specific whether it only restarts while you try to open a particular app? Try restoring the phone to its default settings which may help. Anyways, I am wondering how did you bought C4 in May 2013 as it was released in July 2013 i.e C4 was released after 2 months of you buying the phone? Thanks for posting and making me think HOW?

• 2013-12-25 19:56
  • ut8B
  • Pranjal(Canvas4User)
  • Rating0

> In reply to viky @ 2013-12-23 07:23 from tUYd - click to readDear Viky,
I am glad to know that you are having a good experience with C4. You did said camera and processing is fast in C4 which I agree completely. And you also mentioned about the stereo sound - its a little less for you I guess. Well, the sound is enough for me because I mostly use earphones when in public and stereo is real loud with equalizer on. But, You can download an app called MX player pro(free) from torrent or playstore. What it does is that it has an option called S/W decoder and if you turn it on, you can increase the sound upto 23%(normal 13%)maximum and now the stereo sound is really loud. Hope this helps. Thanks and keep posting.

• 2013-12-25 19:22
  • ut8B

> In reply to shankar @ 2013-12-24 08:10 from U@fF - click to readcanvas 4 is the best phone ever...becoz hanging is a big problem with grand...i am using canvas 4 since 2 months....it's awesom...

• 2013-12-25 10:00
  • uS67
  • Pranjal(Canvas4user)
  • Rating4

The Best Smart phone. I am using Canvas 4 from 16th October 2013 and I have not and I am saying it again "I have not" found any flaws or cons or anything at all. My Canvas 4 runs smooth and good.
I would like to clear some misconceptions about C4. I would not use technical terms and make it simple so that everyone understands.

1. Battery: I charged it to 100% and screen locked it and kept it that way for a day with data connection ON(3G) and out of my expectation the battery still showed 87% remaining compared to other phablet. Now does this mean that battery backup depends upon a user? you decide.

2. Camera: I have a 21megapixel digital camera with auto-focus which cost 16999 rupees in 2012. Still use it and works fine. Compared to it C4 gives me crystal clear images with HDR on. Auto-focus is alright with correct positioning and images are sharp and full HD. And someone said, "at night the images are not good". I would like to say please see tutorials of how to click pictures from a smartphone. We all know - proper light, positioning and timing are the keys to beautiful pictures. You don't expect the C4 or any other smartphone to give SLR quality pictures do you? if you expect then you are NUTS or I would like to opine you to buy a SLR instead.

3. Internet : Everyone is a frequent user of internet today and to have a constant internet connection you know that network signal connection is a major dependency. I went to a hill-station on 2nd of December with C4 and two other Smartphones; "I wont take names of other brand because many of you may get offended as these are well known Big Smartphone Brands which cost helluva lot of money", Now here is a little quiz for all of you. If most of the time I had to charge my C4 because of continuous use and internet while leaving the other smartphones, which phone do you think had a better network connection? you decide!
P.S : C4 is the only smartphone after iphone which has aluminium brands covering the whole phone. Stylish enough but these are not to make a style statement but for catching better network signals and fast downloading speed as well. Worth mentioning.

4. "Micromax" the name : When you say Micromax people seems to say "No don't" and I even read some saying "BMW or Wagon R"? and some saying its an Indian/Chinese company dont go for it! Believe it or not these are the same people who have TATA/Mahindra cars like Indigo/Scorpio/Safari/Indica. Even I have a Safari so the point is ain't these companies are Indian companies? Now the above statements were for only the people who think a NAME of a foreign company is enough while I say your BRAIN is enough until you use it. So the whole point is I am happy with my C4 and Yes I am a PROUD user of C4 not because it was written on the manual but because I LOVE IT.

Any questions about the phone both hardware/software please do ask. I will test it on my phone and only reply after confirming. Thanks.

• 2013-12-24 23:10
  • ut85

which is best b/w canvas4 and magnus because the processor is 1.5 ghz and the camera is 12 and 2. and a slight diference between them but canvas 4 is more costlier than magnus why. and ofcourse corning gorilla glass but still i feel its little overpriced compared to magnus why. please reply

• 2013-12-24 09:11
  • v{W0

i want to buy a phone in the
range of 18000-20000 plz help
me which one is better, canvas4,
sony experia c, or samsung
grand. plzzzz reply

• 2013-12-24 08:10
  • U@fF

The best fone ever!!!!
Gr8Speed Graphics,Speed n Camera!!!!
It jst kick off Samsung...
Like it Love it!!!
The Best value for money!!!

• 2013-12-23 21:28
  • X0$R

Is Canvas 4 A210 HD mobile?

• 2013-12-23 07:57
  • XMUs

i got this phone in november.
i hv a good experience with it but i must say d sound quality of this phone is very poor.
if u want a phone with good camera nd fast processing then buy this one otherwise if ur prime requirement is sound quality then dont go for it...

• 2013-12-23 07:23
  • tUYd

this is a perfect phon. i am using it and i am vry happy that i have it. dont think about anything just go for it.....

• 2013-12-23 02:47
  • X0WR

It has 2 mics, one is dedicated for Active noise cancellation. but no where mentioned in specification section of GSMarena. (Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic).

• 2013-12-22 20:20
  • hLbc
  • F

Hello Guys,

I'm the owner of Micromax Canvas 4 A210. I purchased this phone On 19 August 2013 for 17,500. Let me share my experience so that you may consider it owing or not. Needless to say, I researched very well for 7 days and made a wise decision to buy this one.

Color:
Some websites are listing this phone's color as Black instead of Grey, soo misleading. There are only 2 colors Grey and White. On the product box it says Grey. Would be more happy if they (micormax) released this phone in Black. No issue with Grey. Its acceptable to me.

Features:
It has only 3 sensors, Accelerometer, proximity sensor and light sensor. There is no magnetic sensor/compass (its not at all needed unless someone is sailor or migrates in jungle to find the directions). I don't regret if it does not have magnetic sensor as I read in blogs that, many times this sensor points out wrong direction disturbed by some magnetic field or any metal area.

1 GB ram is present but only around 971 MB is available which is normal with every 1 GB Ram phone.

Screen is said to be made of Gorilla Glass version 1 which no other phone at this price offers. I do not know how to check if its really Gorilla Glass. This Smartphone comes with flip cover and i personally prefer not to use it as I like the naked smartphone, very convenient to use and not a single scratch on the display found.

Back Camera is not much good which claims to be 13MP. I compared with Samsung S4, I can say it is 75% of S4's quality. My friends who are user of Galaxy grand says canvas 4's camera is awesome. The best part is, it has 5MP camera on front and if you use an app called 'Mirror', I assure you that you'll feel as thought you are seeing in a clear mirror. Too good front camera and no other phone offers 5MP front camera, even S4 won't offer! Overall camera is good.

It has 2 mics, one is dedicated for Active noise cancellation. This information is no where mentioned in specification section of GSMarena. (Active noise cancellation with dedicated mic)

Battery:
Micromax could have provided much better battery. With all features ON, you'll certainly drain the battery. I feel smartphone like this must have 3000mah battery. Its only 2000mah. I can't comment on battery much as it depends on your usage. I'm satisfied with the battery.

Distinctive features:
1. 5MP camera on front.
2. This smartphones body has an aluminium rim around the body. One of my friend who is HTC one user loves this feature but you'll get a little body tolerable/harmless electric shock if you do not have proper electrical earthing in your house and you are naked foot and connect it to your USB of PC. So when you connect USB cable to phone via PC, wear slippers or only sit on the chair without touching feet to ground. I do not have electrical earthing in my house, so I have to stay with this negligible shock, not an issue with shock.
3. Charging cable and earphones are 'Tangle-free'.
4. Once it accidentally fell from my hand (2 feet), fell with screen upside, no change in phones performance.

Issues found till now:
1. I installed around 200 apps, very few times phone lags. Actually, I'm a power user of this phone. I always run and test various apps so that may cause lag but I'm sure normal user will not face any lag issue. I also rooted my phone successfully, awesome.
2. I found few dust particles inside the screen, I once blew in the earphones socket, that may have caused this.

Need your help from micromax canvas 4 user:
1. Please enable the automatic brightness in the phone and install an app called 'Proximity Actions' from play store and open the app proximity actions and set the wave actions to lock the screen and wake up and see if it is working. In my case, it works only when auto brightness is turned off. Just want to check if you're having the same issue. Please inform me at (atharkhan101@gmail.com).

• 2013-12-22 20:09
  • hLbc

Waiting for 4.3 update
Battery backup is nice but focus of camera is not good while taking pics

• 2013-12-22 17:54
  • 7tPb

> In reply to as @ 2013-12-22 03:28 from uvdj - click to readYes it supports our cable
I have checked and can connect mouse,pendrive & other mobiles through USB cable

• 2013-12-22 17:44
  • 7tPb

> In reply to sdf @ 2013-12-21 21:27 from Px%E - click to readThanx a lot buddy. i am very confused between micromax magnus and micromax canvas 4. thanx for giving tip friend.....

• 2013-12-22 15:00
  • uvVQ

Its a china phone.. named micromax.. nothing to do with india other than the name micromax. Battery back up is too low; suddenly phones speaker stopped working ysterday. now i cant get any rings or music on speaker.. its really bad...

• 2013-12-22 13:07
  • fuRU

Frnds mmx phns dsnt hv wifi direct to share files!
for file sharing dwnld superbeam
or software data cable
or flash transfer!
and share files thru it with a speed of 5-10 mbps to any othr device hving same s/w downloaded!
it use wifi hotspot for file sharing!
enjoy...!...!..

• 2013-12-22 09:57
  • HkqX

is this phone support otg cable ????????

• 2013-12-22 03:28
  • uvdj

hey guys the model of a117 is better than canvas 4
because advantages of canvas 4 is only internal memory is 16 gb otherwise
in canvas magnus a117 having a very good and fast turbo processer 1.5 ghz
and benchmark scores are
canvas 4 vs magnus
antutu -13400 , 16500 (both maximum values)
quadrent - 4048, 4800
nenamark 2 - 46.1 , 55.7
vellamo - 1477, 1688

and price also very less to compare the canvas 4
and primeium look also very good to compare the canvas 4

because of the only one reason that a huge generation gap between the two phones

and micromax stop the using of 1.2 ghz processer they will use 1.5 ghz turbo processer on their next phones
so may canvas 4 and hd are not receving the further updates in the future so better to go on canvas magnus or canvas turbo

• 2013-12-21 21:27
  • Px%E

Flash transfer app is not properly running on my canvas 4. does this app needed 2 or more same mobile ???
or my cell have some problem ????

• 2013-12-21 19:53
  • K6md
Total of 3086 user reviews and opinions for Micromax Canvas 4 A210.