Micromax Canvas 4 A210 - user opinions and reviews

Micromax

7.2
7.4
7.3

> In reply to suddu @ 2014-01-07 16:32 from H4r@ - click to readIf you have issue in MX player then go for VLC

• 2014-01-08 07:45
  • 9xmb

M really very vonfused should I buy Canva 4 or not ?
some people said that its camera is not good And they cant install whatsapp n all!?

• 2014-01-07 18:26
  • KAeD

Some video ( wmv )are hanging while playing in default player also in mx players what to do ? could any one help me ?

• 2014-01-07 16:32
  • H4r@

Hi! All I brought my canvas 4 yesterday at rs 17100 and i m fully satisfy with that .I want to know that can it play wmv video in its default player.

• 2014-01-07 16:28
  • H4r@

canv 4 is the best phone ever by micromax... these are all rumours that the camera is not good i think they don't know how to click pictures... best build quality of accessories & mobile... i am using this since dec.2013

• 2014-01-07 15:47
  • t}AJ
  • Rating1

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-06 18:03 from tUX2 - click to readHi there,

Battery back up as me and many of the genuine(real) Canvas 4 users have already said in this forum that it is real good as compared to other devices. I will just simply say if you charge the phone to 100% and leave the phone untouched with 3G/Wifi on it will run for 2.5 consecutive days. I have tested and confirmed.

If you want to know whether Xperia C has better battery back up I would say a big "NO".
Go to the Xperia C forum and you will see how the users are already complaining about the battery life.

And just for the information
CANVAS 5 is to be launched which has scored more in benchmark than Galaxy S4 and HTC one, the two high end devices known. So who thinks of Xperia nowadays, we have come far from these devices. Canvas 5 will rule after Canvas 4.

• 2014-01-07 15:29

> In reply to Rv @ 2014-01-06 15:38 from vQ{j - click to readHi there,

Canvas 4 is still available and manufactured. The shops that you made an enquiry might not have the Canvas 4 but don't fall into any tricks that vendor might say, they will simply lead you to buy any other device which they have. Go to a Shopping mall or a Big shop which keeps genuine smartphones.

• 2014-01-07 15:17

> In reply to Nitin Sharma @ 2014-01-07 04:02 from vIbX - click to readHi
Thanks for your reply but do you even know what is the meaning of standby? Any smartphone available in market today has minimum 180 hours standby time. Please reply if you know/used a Canvas 4. Do not say if you don't know a thing or two.

• 2014-01-07 15:11

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-06 18:07 from tUX2 - click to readHi there,

If you are asking about service of battery

STANDBY TIME is 220 hours
TALK TIME is 8 hours

Please be specific about your questions.

• 2014-01-07 15:08
  • ut8C

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-06 18:03 from tUX2 - click to readOnly 2 to 8 ........

• 2014-01-07 04:09
  • vIbX

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2014-01-06 18:07 from tUX2 - click to readVery Poor Service........
Backup is very poor (only 8 hr stand by)

• 2014-01-07 04:02
  • vIbX

how is the service?

• 2014-01-06 18:07
  • tUX2

how good is the battery backup as compared to xperia c?

• 2014-01-06 18:03
  • tUX2

want to buy canvas 4 but come to know from local shops (2 shops) that mmx has stopped canvas4 production now. is it true?
if yes worring about its after sale service.
Any suggestions?

• 2014-01-06 15:38
  • vQ{j

I got very horrible experience with Cavas Doodle. i bought one on 30-11-2013 from Croma shop, Bangalore. Initially it was working fine. When i tried configure Whatsapp it is started giving problem . It started acting up when I have tried uninstall and re install Whatsapp. I have 2 SIMs. Vodafone and Airtel. i have configured Whatsapp. on Vodafone SIM it started dying. I rebooted Canvas Doodle2 several times. Still same issue Vodafone do not get network and Airtel works. The same SIM works fine on other mobile sets.

I took to cell fone to Micromax to service center, they advised that it need re installation of Android. So I waited for reinstallation, after installation still problem did not go. They advised to leave set with them for 4-5 days for observation . In the mean time they closed Job sheet. I waited for their call it hasn’t come, so i called them then they asked me to come and collect. When i go there to my surprise set was in switched off mode. I do not understand how observation can be done with switched off set and with out SIM inserting into it. It look like they just kept in service station and did nothing. When i checked with SIM inserting in it, the problem still there, it is not picking up network from SIM1. When i confronted with them, they said problem is not fixed they have to send it to head office for L3 support and need 30 days. This is way Micromax service people are harassing users.

• 2014-01-06 15:32
  • t}fa

in the middle of my sweet music playing, ring tone blares in my ear, make me very much uncomfortable. I reduce the volume of the music, the ring tome is not audible.

while recording sound some alert come that sound spoils my sound recording, alerts the wild life/singer/pet which may mot be available for second time for recording.

some of my YouTube video downloads didn't play, says this format is not supported.

While playing video can not fast forward!

• 2014-01-06 11:12
  • uuxG

I'm now using this model for some months. Put aside your doubts. This is a good phone. Only glitches I could point out are:
**Picture quality is not very good. Does not look like 13 mp. But I at least better than HTC 5 mp.
**GPS is faulty sometimes.

Videos are exceptionally well compared to the pictures; though comes in 3gp.
I'm using the following apps (installed later without any problem):
Whatsapp, Hike, Real Racing 3, Hill Climb Racing, Traffic Racer, Talking Tom Cat 2 Free, Jet Audio MP3 Music Player, MX Player, Adobe Reader, Antivirus Security- Free, Photo Editor, ESPNCRICINFO, Truecaller etc.

32 GB micro SD card works well too.

• 2014-01-05 19:23
  • utgh

> In reply to Zaid @ 2014-01-04 20:42 from 7qBa - click to readHello Zaid,

The reasons you said why you prefer CANVAS 4 THAN CANVAS HD is that internal memory is a problem in Canvas HD. Yes I agree! when installing big games such as Modern Combat 4(2GB) GTA San Andreas(2.5GB) and other HD games on Canvas HD without rooting we cannot play on Canvas HD and if you root(brick) your phone it voids your warranty. And with C4 memory problem is not an issue.

Also, you said Canvas HD lasts for few hours if 3G is used continuously. Yup I agree as I have used Canvas HD and C4. Well C4 gives good battery back up. I don't understand why it does because both of them have the same battery. May be C4 is tweaked a bit for battery consumption as other brands do to their devices so it gives good backup.

Further, Canvas HD do not have Corning Gorilla Glass 2, do not have any Aluminium bands(better Network reception), no tangle free head gears/USB cables, no support for OTG cable(connect to pen drives and hard disks) old OS(4.1) tho' you can update it to 4.2 and looks less premium than C4. Believe me, I have compared it a lot to C4.

But my honest suggestion for you is not to exchange your Canvas HD to C4 as they are both the same in performance as well as gameplay. Instead you can wait for Canvas 5(octa processor) which will be soon launched by Micromax.

Hope this helps. Thank you.

• 2014-01-05 14:40
  • ut85

I want to buy canvas 4 but m a lil confused about service centre and about the phone.Is canvas 4 worth its value?

• 2014-01-05 14:37
  • uwjL

> In reply to Ashish @ 2014-01-03 15:50 from vG6J - click to readgo for Canvas HD 4 awesome mobile man... using it since last 2 months no issues

• 2014-01-05 14:06
  • XNtq
Total of 3214 user reviews and opinions for Micromax Canvas 4 A210.