Hi all. I bought this device as a secondary device but am loving it. For its price range it gives many low and mid range devices a run for their worth. Severla features stand out for me;
1. The display is 5 inches with a PPI of 220. It's an IPS panel so it's good. The viewing angles may not be great but it does the job well.
2. It has a Qualcomm quad-core snapdragon 200 processor clocked at 1.2GHz and it is fast on this device. Very few lags.
3. The 1GB RAM means it handles things very well and you can note the difference compared with Lumia 530 or 630.
4. It has Gorilla glass 3 protection and though for sunlight legibility it lacks Nokia CBD it is a good screen.
5. This device is new and comes with Lumia Denim out of the box. There was a touch screen issue, which has been fixed and my device has no issues.
6. Am still observing the battery life but so far i charge it every evening, and not because it is out completely, i like having a full battery in the morning.
7. The cameras are good but don't expect too much. I had the Lumia 520 and i think the camera is the same, at least the 2592*1936 resolution match the 520's. The flash is ok for this price range.
The build quality is ok, comparable to other Lumias in the mid and low end. The device is slim enough and i like its feel in the hand, it can be operated by one hand but it depends on whether you have a small or a big hand.
So far there are no flip cases for this device here in Nairobi but am sure they are on the way.
Cons of this device
1. I wish Microsoft would have included Nokia's CBD like in the Lumia 630.
2. Glance is also missing but it's possible to do without it.
In closing, this is a great device. I have the Samsung s3 neo which was almost double the cost of this and the performance of this device is actually at par with my pricer s3neo. Infact Basemark OS 2 scores for my s3neo are 295 while my lumia 535 is 414.
What i like most about Lumia devices is the prompt support you get in terms of updates. Since my first lumia, the 520, MS have been consistent. Wish others would be the same.
I have buy Microsof Lumia 535 on 07-01-2015, this phone is having issues related with touch sensitivity-the fronts got bigger many times (restart it many times to solve the issue) & sometimes need to touch 3 to 4 times to type a letter. I heard it could be solved with update, but no positive reviews is coming upfront, Is anybody knows how to solve this problem ??
A good review on this device. Have it for several weeks now and it's a great device for the price tag it has.
Many are saying this product is good and some are saying this phone is bad which is the correct
I have heard that new hardware version 0.5.0.1 doesn't have any touch issues? is this true?
Disclaimer: I own an iPhone 5S and a Samsung Galaxy S3 Alpha device
I bought this phone to be used as my secondary or tertiary device. And since I already have iOS and Android covered, I wanted my third one to be running Windows OS.
I was looking at cheaper options and narrowed down my choices to the Lumia 535(3G) and the Nokia Lumia 636(LTE). After much thinking, I decided to go with the Lumia 535 for the following reasons:
1) Just released December 2014, and one of the first few phones released under Microsoft. The Nokia moniker is gone.
2) Huge Screen but similar PPI compared to Nokia 636
** I bought the white model(matte finish)
After having used the device for a week I must say I am pretty impressed with this device. It's cheap but the build quality and the fluidity of the OS is better than what I expected.
This is a great entry level phone in my opinion, and I'd easily recommend this to anyone looking for a secondary handheld device.
1) The OS, and the animations, is smooth.
2) The windows start screen is a blast to customize
3) Lots of customization available, you just have to learn them
4) VPN connected almost instantly without any problems
5) Bluetooth device functioning perfectly.
6) Battery Life is great. As a habit, I charge my phones every night while I sleep. But the battery, on normal usage(Including watching 2 hours of Netflix videos) got me thru 2 whole days, with life left to spare for a third day.
7) Lock screen is easily customizable
8) Dual Sim options are easily understandable.
1) Lots of OS bugs that MS needs to address including one related to headphones while streaming videos.
2) Silencing the phone is quite a chore. I wish there was just one switch or button I could use to silence my phone. Again this is an Windows OS issue
3) Apps, or lack thereof. I can't believe there's no official FB app on the windows store, just one Microsoft created, which is passable at best. Also the lack of Google apps, including hangouts is a screaming hole for me.
Again, the above are just stuff on top of my head.
Roundup: I am loving this Lumia phone. Although not equipped with LTE, it gets me thru two whole days without any problems. I also like the design of the hardware, wherein the sim cards are not laid out on top of each other, but rather side by side.
This is a great entry level phone.
Guys, some people thinking, that touch screen issue is hardware, and it fixed in new phones. Can anyone without touch problem write Hardware Version of phone?
Settings > about > more info > Hardware revision number
(3.0.0 - old; 0.5.0.1 - new)
Touch problem in Lumia 535 is must be Hardware problem. I had very bad experience. But after change touch pad , Handset works awesome. Happy with Nokia Service.
srd, 08 Jan 2015who is the best device windows or anroid bcoz i intrest windows phone so help me to chose a be... moreNeed more apps, less battery backup, more heating issue, more lag, more freeze, more user friendly OS - go for android
Need less apps, more battery backup, less heating issue, less lag, less freeze, more than average user friendly Os - go for Windows
Guys please note this advice before buying this product:
This phone is getting many complaints about the touchscreen issue. U can check other reviews on touchscreen issue in phone on this section. So i advice u to spend some more money and go for Nokia Lumia 730. Lumia 730 is worth buying.
who is the best device windows or anroid bcoz i intrest windows phone so help me to chose a best device
TripaniC, 07 Jan 2015How can i update phone with mobile data (3g) not wifi ? I can't update phone by mobile data ,... moreUpdate is possible only through WIFI it might use 950 MB + on your wifi and make sure you have minimum 2GB free at your phone internal memory
myk, 08 Jan 2015hi all,
i want to buy a smartphone under 8000 to 9000 INR. i was thinking to buy this phone... morenot a gud phone but if u wont to buy just earn 4000 more and buy 730, i m also change my phone with dis , and well u say me at last god bless u. coz the phone is dam gud
Please Do not waste your money by buying Lumia 535, i suggest better go for any other mobile apart from Lumia 535..
i want to buy a smartphone under 8000 to 9000 INR. i was thinking to buy this phone, but some negative comments create doubt in my mind.
please suggest me the best mobile to buy in the above said range as soon as possible, i need the phone on urgent basis
thanks in advance
i feel very bad to use this lumia 535 dual sim , iam getting so many problems to use cals than it will be heet with in 2mints and autometically switch off. in touch broad letters to come on screen . so i suggest dont go to buy this worst mobile pls.
Stupid Microsoft mobile. Microsoft thus spoiled the name that Nokia earned through lumia. Lumia 535 has serious touch problem and after the update it became even more worse. Then Optical zoom is not available in Lumia 535. I would suggest not to go for 535.
LAW321, 07 Jan 2015well 630 is good only for the clearblack screen,good battery life, and better processor but fe... moreWrong Lumia 630 has much feature than Lumia 535 630 dun have double tap to wake flip to silence,auto brightness ,surround sound and speaker equaliser