Potemkin, 27 Apr 2016You should definitely buy Lumia 640, LTE version if possible.After that I lost my Lumia 535 I decided to buy only phones with good anti-theft functions. I ask microsoft to add anti-theft functions based on bluetooth. For example of the distance between me and phone is more than 5 meters then a phone must play alarm.
In my Lumia 520 I could open many Contacts from people hub when I needed. But in windows 10 it's no more. Many useful facilities are unavailable in windows 10.
When 550 is in vibration mode, when someone calls it stops mp3. But once or twice it was as 520(w8.1). How can i fix this? While listening to music I wanna avoid disturbance due to calls. Plz don't tell me to activate"Flight Mode".
Phi Thuy, 07 May 2016I bought Lumia 550 two months ago. I think due to OS 10, my phone cannot run Facebook Messenge... moreHi there. On my device it stoped running facebook messenger after an upgrade of Win10. We hope they will fix it, and with another upgrade, we will receive facebook mess back.
However, it is a usefull issue. Less facebook, better life :D
Feras, 16 Apr 2016hi every one. Before switching to windows 10 mobile I want to make sure of something. I'm usi... moreyes you can store your media files directly to SD card by changing the storage option from device to SD card. that was possible in windows 8.1 also.
I bought Lumia 550 two months ago. I think due to OS 10, my phone cannot run Facebook Messenger as well as in OS 8.1
I just read the review of my phone from gsm arena it claims that the battery life is 42 hours?
Thats a lie! Since i bought mine battery has been draining like tap water didnt even last a day! even when im watching tv on youtube, the battery is ok, but then i leave it on standby and come back to it later the battery has died down, needed charging again.
Tyr Antilles, 02 May 2016I have an 128 Gb card on it and it works just fine. I am not sure why they say it support 200 ... morethat 200GB limit si just a standard, just in case they decide to create 200GB SDs, but yeah...128 is the largest u can have right now xD. You can see how this option was set to flash you and make you buy this phone even if atm its a useless feature :D
Happy, 02 May 2016Hey guys pls help me... I m using win10 version 10586.164 it have some bug... I got an update ... moreCheck to have enough free space on device c:\ before downloading the update. Try to have at least 1Gb free. If is still not working, then I have no idea. Sorry.
Duke Skid, 01 May 2016Hi there.. Actually i want to use this device as a music player.. So I'm just curious whether ... moreI have an 128 Gb card on it and it works just fine. I am not sure why they say it support 200 Gb because I never saw a card between 128 Gb and 256 Gb. Maybe they exist though. :)
In my answer to Feras a few posts down, you can see my card on the screenshot there. Is 128 Gb card reported as 116 Gb because of the filesystem. Is normal to be like that.
Hey guys pls help me... I m using win10 version 10586.164 it have some bug... I got an update of 71 Mb vrsion 10586.218 but when i m updating my phone after downloading updates 100%, while installing , it is always writing that "there is problem in installing update " pls help me.. I m using mobile data
Hi there.. Actually i want to use this device as a music player.. So I'm just curious whether this phone can actually support a humble 128gb card as they say 200gb in its description.. I've used a 32gb card in one of their devices that was meant to support 64.. And i was disappointed..
Guide me through this..
Thanks in anticipation..
Feras, 16 Apr 2016hi every one. Before switching to windows 10 mobile I want to make sure of something. I'm usi... moreHi Feras, I am not 100% sure you can store on SD card the databases of programs like whatsapp and telegram, but probably you can on Windows 10 Phone. Here is a screenshot with the options you have on Win 10 Phone to change default save path: http://postimg.org/image/t4j8wn27h/
Review Microsoft Lumia 550 by Tyr Antilles
I will not repeat what is already written in the accurate and well made GSMArena professional review, but I would like to add my personal experience with the phone:
- The IPS display is very clear and sharp, and the subjective image quality is very good. With the phone I bought a screen protection called Glass Pro (made of glass not plastic), on which the finger glides a lot better and is very hard to scratch.
- The speaker is loud enough, and on headphones the sound is beautiful. The sound chip used on Lumia 550 is of good quality.
- MS Lumia 550 have no possibility to read directly USB Sticks, and on the micro-USB port, cannot be connected any peripherials like mouse or keyboard or USB sticks. Is not working either with OTG cable, and the connector is a normal micro-USB, not Type C. The only solution is to connect the phone to a computer with a normal micro-USB to USB cable and then access the phone memory from the computer. Or, of course, by wireless / bluetooth / internet.
- On the browsing side, Microsoft Edge web browser looks to me a lot faster and stable then the default browser integrated on Android (I can compare only with Android 4.2.2, so, maybe on newer versions things changed). All in all, my entire online experience with Lumia 550 phone is a lot better then on my old Android platform. Basically, everything on the net, windows store, web browsing, maps, etc., runs better, smoother, faster and most important, without crashes.
- The camera is only 5 MP and is not awesome from this viewpoint, but the photos are clear, have natural colors, and the camera menu offers advanced functions like manual adjustment of many parameters that are not accessible from any Android platform. For example you can manually adjust focus, ISO 100 - 800, or activate the option to capture "living images", HDR, white balance and others. Video capture at 720p with 30 fps is of very good quality in my opinion, but my standards are not as a pro photographer.
- Programs found on Windows Store are OK, and their number increase day by day.
For example, I found a free video player called CCPlayer that is able to play my MP4 files (codec HEVC H265 with AAC audio) and with ASS subtitles placed on the same folder. The same player can play MKV files with H264 and subtitles inside MKV container. Very important, the phone have hardware acceleration for H264 AVC1 and H265 HEVC, so, the 720p movies play fluently, without any glitches.
- A big problem, not of the phone but of the OS, is that, at this time, you canÂ’t remove downloaded and uninstalled applications from MS Store > My Library. Once you install an application, it will be there forever. Even if you decide it was crap and will never be installed again, there is no way to get rid of it, rendering My Library almost useless. I hope Microsoft will solve this problem soon.
In conclusion, after more then a week of intense usage, net surfing, installation and removal of tens of programs, I realize that I like Windows 10 Mobile (Version 1511 OS build 10.0.10586.218) more then Android. Even if the phone have only 1 GB of RAM, it never run out of memory, the OS is running fluid, internet experience is better on Win10 then on Android, the phone never locked and didn't had errors, and for me, hardware acceleration for movies encoded in H265 HEVC is a real deal.