I am glad to have replies from you.
Specifically I need following apps
01. Opera mini- as it has best save page option and really very fast and lightweight.
02. Background download enabled uc browser - I use this only for downloading videos, movies, etc
03. App lock - if someone took my phone and I can't directly restrict him then he must not be able to open my personal message, what's app, etc
04. Photos videos lock or hide - specifically my personal photos and videos of family or other must not be easily accessible to anyone who is checking my phone. I heard that many apps available for this but no one is really working. All are fake.
05. Offline Marathi, English dictionary, Indian Constitution, newspaper app like newshunt or else, photo editor. And all them must be free.
06. Tube mate - it's must for me as I download many YouTube videos. If any other applications for downloading YouTube easily then it's fine.
07. Also tell me if there are any keyboards available like SwiftKey in Android for wp. I can't be sure if I will be satisfied with default keyboard
Please reply me based on your personal experience. I heard that many apps in Windows phone are claiming so but not doing properly the job.
Its 13 mp camera has noise problem Nokia 5 mp camera is better than Microsoft 640 xl dual sim
Recently i have bought M Lumia 640. it's really wonderful and long lasting battery life.
But I have notice that few apps it's not supporting like "Google Hangout" , "imo" .
Can any one advise on this. Thanks in advance.
I use lots of apps on android, pls tell me, which r not on lumia store for windows 8.1, if not, any alternatives?
offline- medical dictionary, english dictionary, marathi dictionary, drug/medicine dictionary, materia medica.
video player supporting all formats,
youtube downloader, music tag editor, offline lyrics, marathi calendar, marathi typing, media converter all to mp3, bluetooth FTP, APPLOCK, VAULT, AUTO CALL RECORDER.
Reyaan, 10 Oct 2015Hi All,
I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful... moreDevelopers needs too much time n hard work to improve their apps and add features.. So be patience and appreciate their work.. And for remaining apps i think project Astoria and islandwood are best methods to port full featured Android n ios apps to W10M..
If you have any doubt or question don't hesitate to ask..
Reyaan, 10 Oct 2015Hi All,
I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful... moreAbout limited features and restrictions..According to my sources Microsoft removing all restrictions like background downloading in 2G , downloading limit is removed for 2G.. You can download any size file, apps n games in 2G network, official Applock feature coming, apps/games backup to SD card, call recording and alot more things coming..
Everything is coming which all Android users demanding but still W10 is most secure OS. But W10M is still not ready and coming later this year.. But don't expect all features at once.. MS planned Two more updates for W10 in 2016 named RedStone. So remaining features coming in these updates.
About market share Android is widely adopted because every OEM adopted it.. MS also now trying to convince n invite All OEMs to adopt W10M os and release their own phones so we can see lots of other OEM phones powered by W10 in market in coming months.. This is a primary reason MS now launching lesser devices these days.
Reyaan, 10 Oct 2015Hi All, I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful... moreW10 Desktop OS is highly adopted OS now so app developers attracted towards Desktop OS to make apps.. If developers make app for W10 desktop means it will work on phones as well with small UI modifications. It is necessary to increase app base and good news for this is MS currently working on Project Astoria and project islandwood Which are bridges to convert Android and ios apps to W10M which converts app in few minutes.. So developers which are not interested to develop app to W10M, can port their Android n ios apps n games to W10M. So it will definitely reduce appgap situation of WP.. Also new universal Facebook, messenger, Instagram and more are coming to W10M.. And if everything goes in right direction official Google apps coming as well.
Reyaan, 10 Oct 2015Hi All, I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful... moreIt is obvious now lots of users thinking which miracle MS made in W10 OS.. Answer is Unified W10 OS.. What is mean by Unified OS?? Means same OS runs on all screen size devices like Desktop, laptops, tablets, phablets, phones, Xbox console, Hololense, IOTs.. So apps making for this Unified platform known as Universal windows apps that means same code for all apps on Unified W10 platform which means app developer use same code to make apps for all above products.. Microsoft now combined App store as well.. Same app works on all W10 platforms..So it is obvious that MS is not closing WP.. Now WP is part of whole unified W10 and now known as "Windows 10 mobile" n Part of highly adopted W10 PC OS.. MS combined whole thing now.. Single OS for all devices n platforms.
Reyaan, 10 Oct 2015Hi All,
I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful... moreinitially MS though Desktop n PC would be future but Satya Nadella himself admitted that they were wrong.. Because of high adoption rate of Smartphones which change their mind and he told mobile and cloud computing is biggest thing now days. And they want to stand in Mobile market. So they made WP OS to deliver users ultimate OS.. They made WP7 n after that WP8 then 8.1 and now W10..
Definitely WP os struggled alot n alot.. Still suffering... But MS not giving up.. Before W10 Microsoft's every OS needs separate app development with different coding languages.. And because of less consumer base and less API's developers not made apps to WP OS.. n coz of less apps consumers not adopting WP OS.. Also missing features and restrictions makes negative impact. But with WP8.1 MS removed lots of restrictions. ppls argued alot and suggest MS to close WP division but MS is still not giving up.. its miracle n full efforts of MS n they making W10 OS now..
piyu, 10 Oct 2015Thanks a lot for your beautiful answers All those replied me l730 lvr, Gaurav bigg, santho... moreThank you Piyu .Now a days almost all apps. is available in Windows Store.One thing more want to say all these aps consumes very less space in compare to Android phone and directly install to SD card which is not commonly happens in Android phone.I will suggest to buy Flip over and tampered glass from local market.Buy original Murcury flip cover of Lumia 640 XL it will protect your phone and its very important Lumia 640 XL's camera is sophisticated and Murcury Flip cover will provide a perfect protection to your mobile and camera also.After many research I finally get original Mercury Flip Cover for my Lumia 640 XL now I am very happy.That's why I also suggests you to buy the same Murcury Flip Cover it's very useful.
Ya... Microsoft's share will be up from 3.2% to 25% till 2019(confirm from my side).
App quality on window is best! Better than all OS. Just need to improve! Developers must be work hard for windows. It's worthy for themselves and even for windows and for windows users too!
piyu, 10 Oct 2015Thanks a lot for your beautiful answers All those replied me l730 lvr, Gaurav bigg, santho... morejust tell me which apps you want to use.. give me list n ill tell you available or not and also give you ulternatives
piyu, 10 Oct 2015Thanks a lot for your beautiful answers All those replied me l730 lvr, Gaurav bigg, santho... morejust tell me which apps you want and use in your android phone.. just give me list of apps n i will tell these apps available or not.. or alternatives.
I was Android User for years but there was always a love for windows phone(beautiful interface) in my heart though I didn't pushed me hard to get one for hands-on experience.
Finally I made my mind for 640 XL and thought lets give a try. I must tell you initial few days I was struggling and confused on my decision as every navigation was making me feel interface on android was easy.
I must tell you this is natural because I spent years on android interface and shift to new windows interface not easy, its human nature changes are not accepted easily :-)
I can say slow and steady wins the race - Watched videos on you tube, joined windows central forum , trying hands on device made me feel my decision was good.
On competitive edge , discussion on below points needed :
- Windows need to stand and increase market share to at least 20 % plus.
- How to increase market share.
- Why we are launching lesser device compared to android phone.
- Dont increase app base, how to improve existing ones.
There is huge list in which I can contribute and discuss with relevant authorities from Microsoft if given a chance.
Please do share views on my post.
Thanks for reading.
Take Care. (Rahul Rai)
Ajitov, 08 Oct 2015Can we download or upload attachments in outlook (word, excel, other documents, pdf file, phot... moreYeah its possible but it needs a little trick! You need to go to the document that you want to attach first then long press on the document to open share option, choose share then it will display your added email accounts the you can select the email account that you want to use. But if you attach any document from email account directly it wont work. I think this is the area that Microsoft need to work on!!!
After my lengthy research I finally bought this baby!! And after 3 weeks of usage, I want to share my experience.
1) Design,build quality&handling- I can say the design of 640xl is just simple and elegant,its such a pleasure using your 640xl in your hands despite being a large device its really light I was really amazed. You need to handle it to believe me! Build quality is really good it doesn't look like some cheap phone, the matte finnish is really good in handling
2) Display- This is the part that at first reading about the display specs I was almost really turned away, but I took my chance and bought it anyway. Believe me guys after purchasing this device and went straight away to test its display,I was really surprised and happy by how the display was good.on paper the display can really be criticized, but in real life usage you will me amazed by it!! Viewing angles are on point,color saturation&reproduction on point,under Sunlight its just awesome! No noticeable pixels And watching your videos will just be astonishing!!
3) Battery life- I wont even dwell on this one, what I can just say battery is the beast!
4) For me I found the sound output to be really good, not to be compared with htc boom but its better than even some flagship!
5) connectivity&call reception - Despite the 640xl dual which I have being a 3G version, network speeds were really good surfing the net was really fast, WiFi was good too I cant complain. Call reception was good too because no one complained of not getting me clearly and I never dropped any call.
5) Gaming- I was really surprised how gaming was good on 640xl! Asphalt 8 airborne was really handle well by the phone there wasn't any noticeable frame drops and it played really smooth. Hill climbing&subway suffers were smooth too!
6) performance - Lumia 640xl is not a tortoise!! Its really first in handling stuff and as you know windows OS is always smooth no lugs experienced at all! It handled anything I threw at it and by the way I have a class 10 64GB micro sd in my XL.
7) conclusion - Lumia 640xl is a lovely device and a good value for money that you can not get in any other device at the same price point, so those guys who are still doubting to get this marvellous phone just got for it blindly!!!
Thanks a lot for your beautiful answers
All those replied me l730 lvr, Gaurav bigg, santhosh, anonymous and all
I got my view cleared
I will be ordering this phone online in November.
Please finally suggest me that with this phone do I need to order it's flip cover and tempered screen protector?
Also I had a question that many are saying there are not alternative apps available on Windows platform unlike android. So please tell me names of commonly used android apps and their alternative to Windows
Lumia 640 & 640 XL is the best phone in the market.I am using 640 XL last 4 month and it working perfectly no issues till date.Camera is fantastic actually unbeatable under 20K,Smooth performance Windows OS is highly optimized OS & will never lags.Battery backup is great.5.7" display is perfect for net surfing & gaming ,watching video is just amazing viewing angle is perfect.PPI is less but color production is natural.Sunlight redibility is awesome.Build quality is great never looks like a cheap.Touchscreen very responsive.All sensors are working perfectly.A must buy product.
Lumia 640 & 640 XL is the best phone in the market.I am using 640 XL last 4 month Perfectly working no issues.Camera is fantastic actually unbeatable Smooth performance Windows OS will never lags.Battery backup is great.5.7" display perfect for net surfing and watching video is just amazing viewing angle is just a perfect.PPI is less but colur production is netural.Sunlight redibility is awesome.Build quality is great never looks like a cheap.Touchscreen very responsive.All sensors are performing perfectly.A must buy product.