It is a complete hopeless tab!!! Why???
1. With the exception of MS apps NO other apps can be installed. Which means for even YouTube you need to be on the IE!!!
2. MS apps are so lame, i.e... Bloomberg 5 stars; when u install it all there is just small boxes with pics and the news. No proper news, reference, apps just dumb games... For that you just get a normal tab no need for a Win 8.1 PC tab....
3. The PC part is also hopeless as you cannot install normal PC software only on the Pro Tab is it possible.
4. The camera is 1.2 MP!!!
5. If you use the PC part then you need get the keyboard attached because the TOUCH is really useless; due to the fact that everything is really really small.
6. Fonts are so small that you will need reading glasses.
7. No SIM! so that means without the WiFi you are completely dead... no other options for connectivity!!!
8. Complete restriction regarding outside apps... with Android u can download Skydrive, Google Drive, Yahoo, everything but MS is real bummer... no apps but theirs only!!! It is completely dead... in about 5 years they will become dinosaurs!!!
The future being mobiles & tablets...
Anonymous, 27 Dec 2013Does this have a preinstalled msoffice or how can I install?Yes, ms office 2013 included
Yes you can use an USB 3G modem with data-sim card in it :) It has full usb-host compitability.
emty, 30 Nov 2013what good is this service if nobody will answer the question?Take it to Wind and try it.
I would like to know if we could connect a datacard (like the tataphoton in India) in the USB port and use it to surf the internet?
please can i connect to the internet using my phone as a hotspot or connecting the phone using the availabe usb in the system?
Anonymous, 09 Oct 2013How about games where i can download it free like candy crush and jewel saga Realy dude you play candy crush
email@example.com, 02 May 2013Hi guys, I am a graphics designer. Do you know if I could run Adobe products on this i.e. Illu... moreYou can have adobe products on the surface 2 pro, but not the surface 2. surface 2 pro has full windows instead of the slimmed down version the surface 2. Surface 2 pro can install anything you can normally install to a desktop.
However I should definately mention both have a way to use remote desktop which allows you to access a super powered Desktop while not at home. I have a Surface 2 (normal one) and tested it out today. I was able to run zbrush on my computer at home -> connect to my surface 2 in wifi areas -> Use zbrush on my surface 2 with no lag.
I assume the same can be done for other applications.