Mitsubishi Trium Mars - user opinions and reviews

Mitsubishi

6.8
6.6
6.7

My very first phone!!!!! LOL!!! Great phone though.

• 2014-06-06 23:15
  • qBy9

I've had my Trimu Mars since 2002 for emegencies so don't use it much. The other day the battery was low and the phone turned itself off. When I tried to turn it on again it wouldn't and just got a message saying mobile phone malfunction. Charged the battery but still get the same message and it won't turn on. Anyone know how to fix this please?
Also there appears to be a button on the back of the phone near the antenna. Anyone know what this does?

• 2014-06-01 21:49
  • H5Ww

My 1st phone..lol

• 2014-03-12 11:11
  • IV8U

Had it in 2001.
Awesome phone.
Just awesome.
I liked the design a lot, sturdy, nice UI, long battery life.
Too bad the keypad started to fail after just two or three years. A pity.

Also, weird charger.

But very good nonetheless.

I was suffering of a bad case of Nokia envy and underappreciated it at the time.

If you can find it AND the keypad is fine get it.

• 2014-02-26 22:57
  • nMjr

> In reply to Cris @ 2012-07-25 22:45 from qb%v - click to readI had a Trium Mars back in the day. It was my 2nd phone and was tiny in comparison to the 1st one. Everyone else was going Nokia so I wanted something different. I seem to remember that it was a good phone and was the only one to get reception in valleys. Must be the HUGE ariel it had. Only problem was its constant freezing up, sometimes for hours. Shame really as that was the reason i replaced it. Wonder where it is now??

• 2013-04-03 15:47
  • mhWM

This was my first phone. Great phone. Very durable since it fell twice from the balcony of our second floor into the ground floor yet still rockin'.

The only thing bad about this phone was its keypad. It starts to become soft after a year or so, and then when you press a key, it's either you get 2 numbers/characters inputted, or no response at all.

You don't need extra batteries after a year. Extra keypad, more likely.

• 2012-07-25 22:45
  • qb%v

My first mobile it was back in 2000. One of the smallest phones back then. It used to turn off by itself, but probably because it was unlocked from another network.

• 2011-08-19 21:59
  • LiqM

> In reply to Sudipto @ 2010-08-26 12:00 from t@y{ - click to readHi,this was my first mobile phone :)
I've had problems with the keyboard a few times I changed the keyboard but in the end I came to a simple solution, here's how, I took a sheet in which the package of chocolate and pieces of foil cut and pasted on each key inside the place where the key comes in contact with cells and proved to be excellent, the keyboard works flawlessly. If you still have a phone that's the solution:)

• 2010-09-05 16:07
  • snRW

Hi this was my second mobile phone after using a Ericsson GA 628 model . Everything as far as the mitsubishi is concerned was fine except the keypad. After using for one year , the keypad use to fail

• 2010-08-26 12:00
  • t@y{

> In reply to yasir @ 2006-06-25 21:01 from PDTi - click to readhi. this was my first phone. I've been using it for more than 2 years. it was great. i have the same problem as you. it says phone permanently blocked. i really want to solve this problem. i took it to a service, worked for 10 minutes (i was very happy when i saw that), and than crashed for ever. dose anybody know how to solve the problem? it was a good phone.

• 2010-05-14 11:14
  • p3Kk

> In reply to Ragnorak @ 2008-07-24 17:54 from Mk2a - click to readHI...there...
from where did u ge those batteries(website???)
Can I get the handset from there... could you suggest me some site whereinn i can enquire for this handset(even refurbished one would do)....
Thanx.

• 2009-12-19 07:37
  • vQfW

> In reply to yasir @ 2006-06-25 21:01 from PDTi - click to readDid you get an answer about your texting problem. I have a similar fault as it fails on sending text on two Mars phones! Thanks

• 2009-05-17 08:57
  • mHYh

> In reply to Ragnorak @ 2008-07-24 17:54 from Mk2a - click to readIs your Mars still working? As a practised Texter can you tell me why mine fails when sending! I have been given the Mitsubishi Call Centre number as +447802092035 but his does not work on my main phone or my Mars spare phone! Is the SIM faulty or is there something else I am missing. Thanks.

• 2009-05-17 08:51
  • mHYh

I am looking for Trium Mars data cable. If you have it, please contact me by email. jason@keretapi.com

• 2009-04-22 09:57
  • ibqL

> In reply to Fran @ 2008-11-10 17:05 from nx0k - click to readIt;s ok, just found the button i was looking for....LOL

• 2008-11-10 17:14
  • nx0k

> In reply to Ragnorak @ 2008-07-24 17:54 from Mk2a - click to readHi there,
This was the first mobile fone I ever got about 9 or 10 years ago.
Ive just dug it out as my samsung is on its way out so thought Id see if my trium would charge up for me to use until i got a new fone.
Thing is goodness knows where my manual is.
Its on charge (i think, as theres no life showing..lol) but ive forgotten how to turn the fone on, which button is it ??
It may be done now and totally useless but wanted to try it.
thanks a lot
fran

• 2008-11-10 17:05
  • nx0k

Best phone ever.......and ever....and ever...and ever...... :)

• 2008-11-03 20:32
  • 0xY7

I became intrigued with the idea of reviving my old Trium Mars after writing a review for it here, so searched the web and was suprised to find a compatible battery still for sale (3 times cheaper than the last one I ordered) so bought that along with an artistic set of new covers and black keypad. Hopefully the latter item should last much longer this time as I won't be using it for wap now! It's still a fab phone for calls and texts and has a style of its own that can't be found today.

• 2008-07-24 17:54
  • Mk2a

My first ever wap phone! This opened up a whole new world to me when I first got it 7 years ago. Surfing was expensive back then but luckily my network ended up doing offering good deal after the first couple of months which were free. The phone itself I thought was designed brilliantly, and it took me a while to learn all the intricacies like how to add words to the T9 dictionary. One regular annoyance was that it'd occasionally freeze and switch off upon disconnecting from wap, but otherwise it was a pretty smooth browser for its day. The keypad, while initially very comfortable, proved to be a big let-down as the effectiveness of key presses gradually decreased over time to the point where I'd struggle to type anything 18 months later. Fortunately though I found a place that sold replacement keypads (they were easy to change) and bought one along with a much-needed new battery. After another year when it began to give up the ghost again I finally upgraded to a Trium Eclipse which had GPRS and a colour screen but was quite similar in many respects. That's another story though... I still have my Trium Mars but the battery is long dead, so it's simply a piece of nostalgia now.

• 2008-06-23 15:03
  • mEkf

My first phone - 60 euros - used it till the keypad failed. WAP was c**p and too expensive - but hey - it worked for at least 2 years. - Hated the antenna though.

• 2008-03-13 01:01
  • 0T1%
Total of 346 user reviews and opinions for Mitsubishi Trium Mars.