Can anyone tell me the speed of the USB of this phone? Is it USB1.1 or USB2? And is the black colour phone covered with soft plastic while other colours have a hard plastic shell?
Can you please confirm that the Motorola A1200 has a flash?
Could you please e-mail me some pictures of the flash? email@example.com
Q? Are you able to transfer an email from outlook via Bluetooth to the email client?
A little comparison against the A780
Better Battery Life
Better Screen Resolution
Better Camera; adds flash
MP3 Player over Bluetooth
Might have updated OS / Apps
Easier to use side keys instead of rocker switch
Rings/Vibrates @ the same time
40MB internal Memory
External Key Pad (no need to open flip for calls, call logs, mp3 player, camera/video)
EDGE (faster internet)
The phone has speaker phone. You can see features at www.phonescoop.com
Nice review. Thanks!
I have a moto A780 and with the flip open I don't see any indicator when I increase or decrease the volume. However, since the A780 can make calls with the flip closed I see the indicator if the flip is closed.
Hi! I am from China, I'd had a try with A1200. I found at least one incorrect in your A1200's spec, that A1200 doesn't born with a camera flash.
BTW, why your site always blocks visits from IP which belongs Chinese ISP? A lot of time, I visit your site but with the welcome of the page says "You are forbidden to visit this site".
I believe it does not work with Verizon, which uses CDMA. It will work with GSM only, either Tmobile/Cingular/AT&T.
will this be compatible with verizon wireless service...here in california?
Bought this phone for my wife a week ago. HEre are some comments:
1. It is a very beautiful phone. I got the red version which I believe is nicest. The cover does get finger prints easily, and the back of the phone does get slight scratches when you place it on a rough surface.
2. The screen is amazing. It is so bright and the 2.4inch size with 320x240 resolution is super sharp, almost the same dpi as 4" VGA screens. It even has a super bright mode actiated by holding the call button to allow viewing under direct sunlight.
3. The phone is finely scuptured. Beautifully made. Absolutely first class materials.
4. The size is so compact. It is probably the smallest phone with touch-screen at 320x240 resolutions.
5. The Linux OS is fast. Not sluggish like Pocket PC WM5 (I own an Atom as well)
6. The battery life is pretty good, should last 2-3 days with regular use.
7. It has a voice recognition function like some of the WM5 phones. No training nor voice tags required. Nice!
8.It has a business card OCR reader, use your camera to scan business cards directly into contacts
9. It has bluetooth 1.2 and A2DP for stereo headsets, compatible with the HT-820 headset
10. You can make the phone a USB flash disk, copying files directly to the memory card or internal memory
11. The total storage memory is around 16MB, with around 8MB usable. Not sure about RAM, but it can only run 3-4 programs before the OS compalins it is running out of RAM.
12. Built in Opera browser is very nice. Not as nice as 8.5 but very close.
13. J2ME with 3D support in software, with 312MHz CPU, you can play decent games at around 15fps.
14. Software is scarce. Hard to find software made for A1200. I had to find software designed for E680/A780 instead.
15. Some Java software doesnt run very well on it, since this screen is 320x240, some programs designed for lower resolution screens will leave a black border.
16. microSD card support up to 1GB, not 512MB. The 1G was released after the launch of the phone, but it seems to works fine. The specs indicate only 512MB since 1G was not available at launch time (Nov 2005)
17. Sytles is very nicely done. Reasonably comfortable and usable. Retractable type.
18. Some phone software uses extra large buttons so you can use your fingers to press directly on the screen and dial, no need to pull out stylus.
19. Software is very stable, no hangs nor stability issues.
20. During voice recognition sometimes the voice prompt sounds scratchy like a broken speaker. Minor defect that should be fixable with ROM update.
21. Video capture is very bad at QCIF. They should have made it QVGA!
22. Photo quality is okay, a bit subpar consider it has a 2MP sensor.
23. Design is very nice with speaker on the clear plastic cover (the motorola logo is actually a speaker). With this design the touch screen never gets dirty unlike other PDA phones, when you answer a call your face will never touch the screen.
24. Clear screen flip has high quality metal hinge, open and closes very nicely with a solid feel.
Am glad people are enjoying the phone. I want to get one myself, too, but ain't rich enough to buy it.
http://www.MotorolaFans.com is the biggest MotoLinux site in English. Other than ccmove.com which is in chinese.
Go look around. ;)
if you increase the volume when you are in a phone call do I have to see something in the screen ? like something is increasing or not?
You do not need a earpiece to answer calls. You can just flip open the cover and answer phone calls. The logo on the transparent flip serve as a ear piece. Hence, you do not need other accessories in order to answer a call.
I just bought this phone a week ago with T-mobile and I need the Tzones settings. If i get tzones can i surf the web and view full webpages? What are the settings? can someone please respond back or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks! Also when i get voicemails i receive a text message instead of a voicemail notification. Can someone tell me how to change that? thanks again
I purchased this phone on ebay a few days ago. I can't find out how or if to use this device without a bluetooth ear piece or equivalent? There is a speakerphone and will work that way to answer a phone call, but I don't want to have to wear a damn earpiece just to answer a private phone call!
Anybody have a comment?
Yeah, I have also examined the real phone close-up. It is a very beautiful phone, finely scuptured with attention to detail. Absolutely a high-end phone the moment you see it. Moto did a great job designing this phone. Not too sure about the Linux OS, features and battery life though. 312MHz is also a bit on the slow side. Low benchmark numbers. The photo and video quality is lousy even though it has a 2MP camera. Come on, only 176x144 resolution video capture??? The business card OCR via the built-in camera is a very nice feature though. Overall it is a Consumer oriented design with features for Business users and poor multimedia performance. Very confusing.
i just bought this phone n i like it. i dont think its so bad like u guys think.n 'bout the memory,its not 8Mb but its around 16Mb.
I've touched the real one, its design's incredibly beautiful. It's more nice than the picture shown really! The Material used's so nice too. Moreover, the Screen's so shape than any moto ever! This's quite great. I also was using A768, the old linux moto one, it was great. This far, it'd provied the all the needed programs such MSN i've seen and it's able for Java2. I think beautifully it's ok. I like its design!
I've touch the real one, its design's incredibly beautiful. It's more nice than the picture shown really! Moreover, the Screen's so shape. This's quite ok. I also was using A768, the old linux moto one, it was great. It's provied the needed programs and it's able for Java2. I think it's so ok beautifully