Motorola Accompli 009 - user opinions and reviews

208744

6.8
6.9
6.7

where can I get this. Used or not how much do they run for?

• 2003-01-10 01:18

please read this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
if any one need it help concerning the accompli 009 wap setting for at&t (gsm),please email me or call me at 561-289-3595 i will be glad to help and provide the detail setting.

• 2002-12-26 08:18

bad news for accompli 009 owners in dallas,tx and surrounding areas. cingular is not sure, if they will offer gsm service. presently, at&t offers gsm service. their sim card will work on the accompli 009 (the phone part of it). however, the internet browser will not work. hope this information will be useful

• 2002-11-07 11:46

I like the phone, it very handy, does anyone have the speaker phone part of it available?

• 2002-11-04 10:53

if anyone knows where i can buy the new accompli 009. please email me or call me at 404.915.9483

• 2002-10-21 17:30

next year, motorola will be releasing a new accompli 009; it's called the "prototype umts motorola". any 1 come across it ???

• 2002-10-20 01:54

when and in what stores will the accompli be around

• 2002-10-18 00:30

good!

• 2002-10-04 14:04

ta, gift b para sakun!:)
echoy

• 2002-09-25 19:55

take a look at this one
anne

• 2002-09-24 17:05
  • Concerned with Infra
  • Rating0

Over the past few weeks, I have experienced problems doing the synch between my 009 and my PC/Outlook.
Was working great when I 1st got it for a long while.
Was working so good that often when the
infrared dock sensed the 009 even several feet away (Outside its cradle!), it would pop up the dialog box on the PC asking me if I wanted to synch. That was great. Very sensitive back then.
However; it has gotten worse and more un-reliable. It is gradually not working as well as it once did. The synchs now never start, or when they finally start, it halts half-way done on its own. I am following *all* directions & FAQs. It has gradually but surely become worse each week. I even switched to another 009 craddle and another serial cable, with no improvement at all. I re-loaded the synch software into the PC 2-3 times with no improvement doing that either. I cleaned the tiny infrared windows in both the 009 & on the craddle. The 009 has no other problems. All else works great with it. Since I tried it with another serial cable and another craddle with no improvements, I am starting to suspect a problem with the 009 itself, or the serial port on the pc. Another concern is that since I can't no longer complete a backup of the 009's memory, I now risk loosing my saved Contacts ETC in it. Of course I now can't synch it up with Outlook either, so its PDA functionality is diminished (Who likes to do double entry of same data in 2 devices?).Has anyone out there experienced something like this with their 009 or other infrared device? A fading of infrared functionality? Besides the final-option of having to return it for repair/replacement, does anyone have any suggestions to investigate/resolve/improve the issue?
The same serial port on the PC works OK with a digital camera, before & after I got the 009. Based on Windows feedback, I see no serial port conflict. It would really screw me up if I have to return this 009 for repairs and wait days/weeks without a phone. Thanks.

• 2002-07-11 09:14

Anyone know how to setup email accounts on the Accompli?

• 2002-07-06 00:12

I got my Accompli last week. I live in NYC and got it connected through Voicestream Prepaid. It works fine. Went to Voicestream store and bought a SIM card. No problems at all.

• 2002-06-13 00:34

WAP setting on Cingular depends on where you got your A009 from and the type of account. In the case of Cingular, the A009 is programmed with WAP profiles and they are un-editable. So you cannot change them. If you got it from somewhere else, then here is two:

063.071.081.062 port 9201
063.071.081.109 port 9201

Or try this:

204.163.167.022 port 9201
204.163.167.034 port 9201

• 2002-06-08 02:42

wap settings for Cingular?? Anyone???

• 2002-06-05 08:53

Here is how I got my 009 ordered from Motorola & working on VoiceStream:

1-Ordered Accompli 009 via Motorola Web site, $600+. Entered order pretending I was ordering for future Cingular service out of/in California (No Cingular GSM service out of Illinois, my home state. Cingular dealers for Non-GSM Cingular phones in Illinois did not even know what a phone SIM card was!). Note I had unit shipped to Illinois where I live, not to California.
2-Contacted VoiceStream agent in Illinois to get active/valid GSM SIM card with full VoiceStream service (iStream, Global Roaming,ETC). VoiceStream don't care what phone you use their SIM card in, as long as you pay for service (BTW, VoiceStream people at their '800' number have no idea what an Accompli 009 is, so don't bother calling them for specific 009 help. You will confuse them).
3-When my Accompli 009 arrived in Illinois, I just dropped in the VoiceStream SIM card purchased in Illinois, turned my 009 on, and it works fine now anywhere in the USA with full roaming where there is VoiceStream/GSM service (Voice & data confirmed in 3 other states, besides Illinois). GPRS WAP access works fine.

I saw no evidence of any Cingular "Locking" in my own 009 unit! I have seen other "locked" phones to a single carrier, so I know symptoms. This 009 I ordered & received directly from Motorola via their web site was definitely not locked to Cingular!

I hear 009 not officially certified for VoiceStream. only for Cingular. But; I have proof that at least mine works fine with it! I am sure just aout anyone else's GSM SIM card (Not Nextel's i2000 sim card..Proprietary..) would work fine in the 009.

I took a calculated risk. If the 009 had truly been locked to Cingular, I would just have returned for a full refund for whatever reason. Did not have to after all.

• 2002-05-31 05:41

I can't seem to find any in Houston Texas. Is there any place in which I can get one here and be able to activate it down here too?

• 2002-05-23 03:53

Just to edit my last post third paragraph i meant 2 say if your SIGNAL IS NOT STRONG. Don't really now what these guys are talking about "unlocked Accompli's" the unlock default code is the same for all Motorola phones THE ACCOMPLI IS NO EXCEPTION. Besides i don't now any idiot that will sign up on a plan then sell a phone-what would u really pay that high de-actavation plan?! If you purchase the phone do so by knowing sombody or directly from Motorola.. there are a lot of beta (test Accompli) floating out there i.e the accompli from the remind me video (Usher) was a beta it simply was a non-working device. remember the thing is more that $700 WITHOUT SERVICE!!!

• 2002-05-18 00:22

Got the Accompli009 early May.Features are off the hook! How many phones right now have there own OS?! screen is big and vivrant-lots of features for the layman/woman-however maybe not enough for the tech-geek. Internet is on GPRS trust me-the thing is as fast as a DSL line. Get it quick Motorola is not gonna make anymore after spring.. If you live in the west coast and are gonna purchase the accompli (im told the GPRS signal is stronger in the midwest/east coast so there are more people using it in the east with the exception of Cali) be prepared to drop $800 large with service with Cingular $649+tax+shipping=$714+whatever plan you get. You probably will have some difficulty setting it up if the signal is strong. It took me about a week 2 fully activate mine. truly a magnificent piece of technology-top of the line.. Just remember the Nokia 9210 is in the horizon you might wanna wait and decide then.

• 2002-05-18 00:13

I'm selling a brand new platinum version of the A009 with all the accessories because I have one in radar blue.It is "unlocked" trust me I am using it on VS here in NYC.Anyone interested in purchasing it just leave me an email.
ThanX......

• 2002-05-09 06:13
Total of 156 user reviews and opinions for Motorola Accompli 009.