Motorola ATRIX - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.3
7.5
7.5

I've had this phone for a little over two years & have enjoyed it, but now the touch screen is going out. It makes it very difficult to text or click on anything so I'm in the market for a different phone.

• 2014-07-08 22:41
  • 4S$G

I have had the phone 3 years and love it, but, the battery life has become really bad. standby only 2 hours, much less if talking or texting. tried several batteries all the same. at&t and Verizon will say nothing but phone problem. any ideas?

• 2014-06-30 20:27
  • 4kiH

Have had phone for one year..dropped, left out in yard overnight with light rain, no case,, works perfectly!! Finally got a case..really no complaints except for it wants to correct my words..rrrr..but I am very happy with flexibility. very reliable..

• 2014-04-11 18:19
  • 7Jyb

Had this phone for three years and it was the most stable phone I've ever had. I loved it but now find it a bit too low in memory for my gaming needs and I now want a bigger screen.
It was a great phone.

• 2014-03-31 19:53
  • j9Vv

> In reply to renzondl @ 2014-03-13 21:07 from LAap - click to readI believe u dude

• 2014-03-17 01:25
  • uuY1

Piece of crap. Don't buy it. It keeps rebooting (it reboots itself without anyone using it like every 5 minutes), Motorola won't give you support. I've just had it for a couple of weeks and I have done everything to solve this problem! Changed battery, OS, factory reset, got a new one from guarantee, changed for new SIM CARD, etc. So I spent a lot of money in something I cannot use. Next time I should do some more research on phones or just go for a serious company like Apple. No, I don't work for Apple.

• 2014-03-13 21:07
  • LAap

Is this upgradeable to jellybean?

• 2014-02-11 13:58
  • vaQ3

hone its a excellent phone with finger print reader 1-GHz Dual Core Processor 1-GB Ram 16 GB Internal memory Resolution 960X540 4 inch Smart Touch Screen 16M Colour Contrast 5MP 720P HD Camera A Complete Android Phone with all functioning. Offer me, how much amount u can pay for it? No Exchange, plz dont offer.

• 2014-01-15 13:25
  • KIDc

Good phone, worst OS ever. Pros: Fingerprint lock feature (a thing that you'll never use, but it's cool), Dock with USB and 3mm jack output and a f*cking awesome lapdock, that allows to use the phone as a kind of 'netbook'. Cons: Android 2.3 from the depths of hell! It crashes, got a lot of processes in background (that make the phone run slow), touchscrn with some glitches when charging, some times, when you got a call, you just CAN'T answer (no kidding), you got to shut the display off by pressing the block button, and then press it again and try to answer.

• 2014-01-07 17:41
  • PfBV

Does anyone have a problem with the Wi-Fi disconnecting when playing a game?

• 2014-01-04 22:38
  • q9yj

hi frindz i have matorola atrex i face a problem for message sending i this set no messages settings please tell me what i can do.

• 2013-12-30 19:10
  • uWEC

• 2013-12-30 19:06
  • uWEC
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

I did this to the phone:

Unlocked the Bootloader, Installed MROM (Cyanogen 7.2).

The ROM is fantastic on this phone. The WOLFSON 5.1 audiochip used for the HDMI output has the ability to use the full features of the DSP supplied for an awesome audio experience.
MROM's base being the Cyanogen 7.2 unlocks the full potential of the phone, giving you Governors over the Kernel, and many other features.
You can Over Clock the CPU easily by using a different Kernel, the one I used previously was a faux123 1.3Ghz OC Kernel, but I will stay with the the Kernel that came with MROM.
The Kernel that comes with MROM is tweaked to extend battery performance to 3 days of light use.

I must stress that the Bootloader must be unlocked to do this mod, and, unlocking the bootloader on this phone is old school cracking, not the one click you do to the newer phones. Moto locked this phone really well.

You can get all the instructions over at the XDA Forum.
Same place you will find the MROM.

• 2013-12-19 18:04
  • xIi7

What do u means heanging.....?

• 2013-12-08 02:33
  • PEYL

> In reply to khtl @ 2013-12-05 10:17 from ijxy - click to readcan an external antenna be connected to this phone?

Is it a "blue tick" phone that will work in rural, fringe reception areas?

Can I use it as a modem and "wifi" it to my computer?

• 2013-12-07 13:57
  • XrEG

> In reply to bruce @ 2013-11-07 18:14 from LBat - click to readYou are correct. That's the best phone

• 2013-12-05 10:17
  • ijxy

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-24 17:02 from wiRY - click to readNo. Motorola Atrix will remain with Android Gingerbread 2.3

• 2013-11-18 20:23
  • a0qq

Its the best of best that i have seen and had for me no other phone can say a word to the Motorola Atrix and i am going to get another one soon.I love that phone very much and i would not put any other phone in-front that phone i give it 11 for design 11 features and 12 for performance its the best.

• 2013-11-07 18:14
  • LBat

Mine is a replacement say 4th one from the insurer after having lost one; broken one and had one with software issues. This current one however has this annoying habit of just having the clock and status bar disappear and then reappearing later. Can someone please help. Have been with the model since 2010. I love the finger print reader.

• 2013-11-02 00:40
  • mXNZ

Good fone ive had myn from new and still gt it works fine

• 2013-10-01 11:35
  • Sh8j
Total of 1523 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX.