Motorola ATRIX - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.3
7.4
7.5

Its a good phone... but it hangs a lot

• 2013-09-18 18:56
  • UD%n

i love the phone my only concern is get confused when i have italking to someone an it ring how do iput the 1st caller on hold can you help me

• 2013-08-31 02:42
  • jiKF

i have a motorola atrix im running full root with clockwork mod 5 and superuser with cyanogeon mod 7 with rom neutrino rom 2.9

• 2013-08-14 03:47
  • vx%D

> In reply to Monra @ 2013-08-07 15:54 from JQjv - click to readIt's MB860 on America/europe. Not sure if it is the same on asia

• 2013-08-09 16:29
  • IaHF

This phone could be a great if you ask me, but a trash - garbage support, also the Motoblur UI is a pain to use.

It won't go beyond Gingerbread a word of advice to potential buyers, there is only custom roms for the ICS and some features won't work, no official ICS from Motorola and never will.

• 2013-08-08 03:35
  • L8x}

What's the model of this ATRIX ?? I cant find it on ebay/amazon. Help plz

• 2013-08-07 15:54
  • JQjv

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-07-24 17:02 from wiRY - click to readNot officially (Moto Sucks), but go to xda-developers you can get pretty stable jelly bean.

• 2013-07-28 17:14
  • putU

is it upgradable to jelly bean??

• 2013-07-24 17:02
  • wiRY

I've had this phone for almost 2 years already. Yes, almost 2 years already. I'm not the type of person that would replace a good phone just when a new phone sells on the market. The fingerprint reader still works. And with a dual-core CPU it still runs smoothly. Being stuck with GB and unable to upgrade to ICS or JB is not a downside for me. The only downside eversince I bought this phone was it takes too much time to open, maybe 2 minutes. Overall, if you're not a super-techie type person who uses his phone to do everything in his task, this phone is just amazing.

• 2013-07-20 23:42
  • J2bQ

im am in india..i bought 1 in japan..problem..i cant understand my mother..when she talked to mee.she speaks japanese.

• 2013-06-29 15:43
  • R{1r

great phone! love it very durable. I am the second owner of the cp but still look and works great !

• 2013-06-27 03:15
  • w0QM

I've been using this phone for six months now. I bought it as a Christmas gift to myself. I'm 19, living in South America, and in university with no job so I was looking for a good phone, that wasn't a Blackberry, and that was affordable.

Pros:

1. Affordable, especially when one considers the features available

2. Sleek design - looks top-notch; no one would guess this phone was out since 2010

3. Easy functionality

4. Internal memory capacity is good, and is expandable

5. Great speakers

6. I love the fingerprint reader - it gets me in quickly and I have a great time rubbing that feature in my friends' faces

7. Good battery life - my phone gets no more than 5 minutes rest with me, unless I'm sleeping. I also spend a great amount of time reading from it and it can withstand my heavy use for hours.

8. Great display - the resolution is fabulous. The dimmest light setting is still pretty bright; this could be a pro AND a con depending on how well your eye handles light.

9. Good camera - takes up to 5MP and, with a bit of editing with apps such as Aviary or Pixlr Express, can make 5MP look much higher.

10. I love the positioning of the power/fingerprint scanner button. Some persons posted this as a con, as the position is a bit unorthodox, but whenever someone picks up my phone, I have fun watching them futilely try to even turn on the display. It's a great deterrent for nosy persons.

11. Notification light - it isn't much, but I love the notification light; it saves me the trouble of turning on my display to see if there's a notification. My brother, who uses a Samsung Galaxy S2, is jealous of this little feature.

12. Good microphone that's great for voice recordings and the speech-to-text feature.

There are probably more pros, but these are the ones that come off the top of my head!

Cons:

1. Hard to see in bright sunlight - you can rectify this by upping the light setting, but that pulls much more battery life.

2. Sometimes slow response - this MIGHT be because I've downloaded too many apps or use too much RAM. It can get frustrating at times so if your patience is already low, be warned.

3. Music lags when doing other stuff - while doing other stuff, the music tends to lag and sounds jumpy; I don't know if others have this problem. My best friend also has this phone and has told me this has never happened to her. I just avoid using my phone for music and stick to my iPod. Music pulls a lot of battery anyway.

4. Sudden shutdowns - doesn't happen often, probably once every two weeks, but it's still annoying when it DOES happen.I read in the manual that you should restart your phone periodically, just like you would with a computer, but ain't nobody got time for that!

5. Takes FOREVER to restart - after those shutdowns and restarts, it takes my phone about 3-5 minutes to start back up, then another 30 seconds or so to start running smoothly. If you're someone like me who's constantly receiving messages, texts, emails, and updates, 5 minutes can seem like a lifetime.

6. Display gets twitchy after calls - whenever I put the phone to my face, after calls it begins acting up. I'm guessing that's because of the natural oils from my face gets on the screen and makes it seem like a touch. I have to put my phone to sleep then clean the screen before it gets back to normal. I don't know if my screen protector has anything to do with this too but it's still annoying and a bit scary. I just use my headphones on calls and avoid this problem entirely.

I'm looking at my phone now and trying to come up with more cons, but I just can't! It really is a great phone. I'm not one who wants the most expensive phone,I just want one works well, looks good, and didn't cost me and arm and a leg. Coupled with an Otterbox case and a screen protector, this phone can compete with many of the more popular, top-notch phones at a fraction of the cost.

My bottom line: get this phone!

• 2013-06-23 02:36
  • LCQh

It needs ics update.

• 2013-06-20 21:15
  • Y7aU

It is not capable of 4g, but it is capable of using HSPDA which is of comparable speed. Very fast for what you would want it to do.

• 2013-06-18 12:30
  • 42Xa

> In reply to username @ 2013-06-06 12:23 from Ld%K - click to readyou can't, you can download apps to do it though

• 2013-06-09 04:22
  • yE6f

does anyone know how to do a screenshot?

• 2013-06-06 12:23
  • Ld%K

Guys, can someone tell me if Atrix model no MB860 supports 4g?

• 2013-05-15 12:16
  • Mf56

I've had mine for about a year. No problems with it what so ever. Now I have downloaded some apps that have affected the phone's performance, so I just simply uninstall and the problem is fixed.

• 2013-04-18 23:32
  • 95jh

Those who feel this crap is a great phone .. keep using for few months and the touchscreen will start dying for sure. I am repenting after buying this junk. just google for "motorola atrix touch screen not working" and you will get 1000s of posts for this common problem. I am from Singapore and tried my level best to explain Motorola that this is manufacturing problem but they gave me a deaf ear...! If you want to save money then go for local make or china phones but never buy Motorola.

• 2013-04-05 07:37
  • Mfx@
Total of 1521 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX.