Anonymous, 28 Jul 2013is it upgradable to jelly bean??Not officially (Moto Sucks), but go to xda-developers you can get pretty stable jelly bean.
I've had this phone for almost 2 years already. Yes, almost 2 years already. I'm not the type of person that would replace a good phone just when a new phone sells on the market. The fingerprint reader still works. And with a dual-core CPU it still runs smoothly. Being stuck with GB and unable to upgrade to ICS or JB is not a downside for me. The only downside eversince I bought this phone was it takes too much time to open, maybe 2 minutes. Overall, if you're not a super-techie type person who uses his phone to do everything in his task, this phone is just amazing.
im am in india..i bought 1 in japan..problem..i cant understand my mother..when she talked to mee.she speaks japanese.
great phone! love it very durable. I am the second owner of the cp but still look and works great !
I've been using this phone for six months now. I bought it as a Christmas gift to myself. I'm 19, living in South America, and in university with no job so I was looking for a good phone, that wasn't a Blackberry, and that was affordable.
1. Affordable, especially when one considers the features available
2. Sleek design - looks top-notch; no one would guess this phone was out since 2010
3. Easy functionality
4. Internal memory capacity is good, and is expandable
5. Great speakers
6. I love the fingerprint reader - it gets me in quickly and I have a great time rubbing that feature in my friends' faces
7. Good battery life - my phone gets no more than 5 minutes rest with me, unless I'm sleeping. I also spend a great amount of time reading from it and it can withstand my heavy use for hours.
8. Great display - the resolution is fabulous. The dimmest light setting is still pretty bright; this could be a pro AND a con depending on how well your eye handles light.
9. Good camera - takes up to 5MP and, with a bit of editing with apps such as Aviary or Pixlr Express, can make 5MP look much higher.
10. I love the positioning of the power/fingerprint scanner button. Some persons posted this as a con, as the position is a bit unorthodox, but whenever someone picks up my phone, I have fun watching them futilely try to even turn on the display. It's a great deterrent for nosy persons.
11. Notification light - it isn't much, but I love the notification light; it saves me the trouble of turning on my display to see if there's a notification. My brother, who uses a Samsung Galaxy S2, is jealous of this little feature.
12. Good microphone that's great for voice recordings and the speech-to-text feature.
There are probably more pros, but these are the ones that come off the top of my head!
1. Hard to see in bright sunlight - you can rectify this by upping the light setting, but that pulls much more battery life.
2. Sometimes slow response - this MIGHT be because I've downloaded too many apps or use too much RAM. It can get frustrating at times so if your patience is already low, be warned.
3. Music lags when doing other stuff - while doing other stuff, the music tends to lag and sounds jumpy; I don't know if others have this problem. My best friend also has this phone and has told me this has never happened to her. I just avoid using my phone for music and stick to my iPod. Music pulls a lot of battery anyway.
4. Sudden shutdowns - doesn't happen often, probably once every two weeks, but it's still annoying when it DOES happen.I read in the manual that you should restart your phone periodically, just like you would with a computer, but ain't nobody got time for that!
5. Takes FOREVER to restart - after those shutdowns and restarts, it takes my phone about 3-5 minutes to start back up, then another 30 seconds or so to start running smoothly. If you're someone like me who's constantly receiving messages, texts, emails, and updates, 5 minutes can seem like a lifetime.
6. Display gets twitchy after calls - whenever I put the phone to my face, after calls it begins acting up. I'm guessing that's because of the natural oils from my face gets on the screen and makes it seem like a touch. I have to put my phone to sleep then clean the screen before it gets back to normal. I don't know if my screen protector has anything to do with this too but it's still annoying and a bit scary. I just use my headphones on calls and avoid this problem entirely.
I'm looking at my phone now and trying to come up with more cons, but I just can't! It really is a great phone. I'm not one who wants the most expensive phone,I just want one works well, looks good, and didn't cost me and arm and a leg. Coupled with an Otterbox case and a screen protector, this phone can compete with many of the more popular, top-notch phones at a fraction of the cost.
My bottom line: get this phone!
It is not capable of 4g, but it is capable of using HSPDA which is of comparable speed. Very fast for what you would want it to do.
username, 09 Jun 2013does anyone know how to do a screenshot?you can't, you can download apps to do it though
I've had mine for about a year. No problems with it what so ever. Now I have downloaded some apps that have affected the phone's performance, so I just simply uninstall and the problem is fixed.
Those who feel this crap is a great phone .. keep using for few months and the touchscreen will start dying for sure. I am repenting after buying this junk. just google for "motorola atrix touch screen not working" and you will get 1000s of posts for this common problem. I am from Singapore and tried my level best to explain Motorola that this is manufacturing problem but they gave me a deaf ear...! If you want to save money then go for local make or china phones but never buy Motorola.
friends my motorola atrix touch is not working so from where i will get the touch screen in india mumbai plzz plzz friendz help me out with this problem.
matmat, 23 Mar 2013Question: if there's an update for this phone to JB by AOKP, does it still support features li... moreHi! There is not official update to ICS/JB. But, there is a group working on a Kernel to make this update posible.
You can show your support making a donation. There are just 2 months since they start working on that kernel. (Since September many have the idea, but they started just 2 months ago).
Davey, 16 Mar 2013The HDMI sign comes up and is tell me that It is connected and it is not. How do I turn this off?Go to settings > developer options > enable 4xMSAA
Question: if there's an update for this phone to JB by AOKP, does it still support features like fingerprint reader?
The HDMI sign comes up and is tell me that It is connected and it is not. How do I turn this off?
Marvinthemartiannn, 19 Feb 2013The best phone I had so far, my Atrix is on Jellybean 4.1.2 and the performance is neat. Overc... moresir I am using Motorola atrix 2.3 everything is good in device
but I want JB rom , I found it in xda but I do not have any idea how to flash it or install new rom
please can you help me ?