Motorola ATRIX - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.5
7.7
7.6

The best phone I had so far, my Atrix is on Jellybean 4.1.2 and the performance is neat. Overclock to 1.4Ghz makes it more wonderful. Battery life is great, display of NVIDIA Tegra 2 is beautiful! I hope Motorola just release its new drivers.

• 2013-01-07 08:04
  • v0qx

i love this phone, ive had many of the smart phones but i love this one, it does everything i want, ive downloaded a better clock ap and if you turn off the data and only use the wi fi etc when you really need it battery is good. good looking phone and fast ,best to get a cover to protect it like most of them.

• 2012-12-30 13:30
  • myHq

The Battery on this thing is subpar in my opinion. Charge lasts less than a full day. I have had this phone less than 2x weeks. Yes, I do jminimize the power using features like WiFi search, Blue tooth search when indoors. Still, Something is draining my Battery. Maybe this is normal, if this is the case, I would have liked to know that before hand. Maybe then I would have purchased a different phone.

• 2012-12-11 22:03
  • 5H7N

Sounds like you need to hard reset your phone and make sure its updated to 2.3.

• 2012-11-28 23:06
  • 3GBm

do you prefer lg optimus l5 or motorola atrix or samsung galaxy w..and why do you suggest?pls immediately comment

• 2012-11-19 21:16
  • npwc

I use SE K800i earlier (conventional), and change to iPhone 4 (Apple OS) and change to Moto Atrix (Android). I would say, it is a good experience for me to get a such high-end phone from the conventional one and I would say, it is even better to use Android. Lucky for me also because my first experience on Android is with this awesome device - MOTOROLA ATRIX.

I see the good rapport for Motorola in other country, but in mine, Motorola is not a famous brand. When I showed my phone to my friends, they will asked me back, "why let go the iPhone and go for Motorola..?" and I simply said nothing and boast with my HD video playback and they will drop the jaw and said, "the picture on the screen is great". Starting from that, I will show the phone features 1 by 1. :) this phone makes me feel great.

Oh yeah! The device will get heat easily. I'm not gonna deny it. Battery life..? I'm a moderate user of the internet but I'm using 3G network all of the time. It can last for 1 day and if its on the 2G mode, it can brings up to 1 and a half day.

For the price, I bought an original set for the price of RM799.00 only (got the free dock - where at some of the country, you have to pay for it). Cheaper but greater than iPhone. I do not understand why this phone is cheap with those great specs.

• 2012-11-08 11:08
  • PA8x

I've had alot of cells, but this takes the cake. THIS is th WORST cell I ever owned. Barely keeps a charge even when not in use. I keep loseing contacts. Thank goodness for Outlook. Also, the 3rd party apps to sync do no work faithfully. DO NOT waste your money. I can't wait till I'm able to purchase another cell. I may go Apple this time, maybe Samsung.

• 2012-11-04 17:41
  • FEBq

This is the best duel core phone out there. Got mine for 6months now and the best . You must flash the Retail and GB 2.3.4 on it . It has no bugs super battery life and great speeds and reception. Mine had the ME and 06 firmware but was bugy . Love my ATRIX

• 2012-11-01 11:01
  • fji8

> In reply to GheranB @ 2012-10-17 08:52 from fqj4 - click to readDont buy it ,i own it and its allright but it wont receive android 4.0 and 2.3 is very outdated ,as for issues google after atrix screen issues there are many user with issues

• 2012-10-22 18:43
  • nDU$

> In reply to Jer @ 2012-09-07 19:00 from NNjJ - click to readHI. i am considering buying this phone cash with 24 month warranty. would you recommend that? It seems lika a great phone & the people who have problems are not alot,as with any phone/company. So i just need a yes or no from someone who knows their phone

• 2012-10-17 08:52
  • fqj4

just got this phone second hand and nothing to really complain gets slow somtimes flipping through apps but what do you expect, my battery life is not bad its what you should expect out of a super phone, my battery last about 20 hours with data on and regular use.

overall 8.5/10 rating
only thing that could make it better is being able to get the latest OS on it.

other then that descent phone.

• 2012-10-15 18:24
  • Tgu4

The motorola atrx is THE WORST cell i ever owned. Can't wait till my eligibility is available. The cell keeps NO charge, the ad is fasle. The screen freezes, the programs freeze. And issues with syncing & losing contacts. Rite now me typing my curser and pointer are in different locations...be warned.

• 2012-10-13 14:54
  • FEBq

I have a motorola atrix for a little over a year and I am on my 4th one. I do not drop my phone or rough house with it but it has turned into a nightmare. The first one I had I lost but had no problems. When I got my replacement it has been one non stop problem after the next. I am ready to throw it somewhere. Now as far as for the power of the phone and all the features it is great. Running multiple applications and doing multiple things the phone is great. But now I am up to my 4th replacement phone (three were warranty replacements) for this reason. After the after a few weeks to a month the phone starts shutting off and shutting back on by itself. This cycle has repeated for up to six hours and drove me crazy. I thought is might have been something I downloaded so I did a virus scan and came up clean. I did a factory reset and erased everything in the phone and it did not help.

Then I got my next Atrix. It started out good for two months and then the problem started again. I just got my 3rd warranty replacement and here we go again. Me At&t are going to have a problem if they send me this phone again. I have been a customer for 13 years I think I deserve better than them sending me the same phone with software issues that they have not worked out. Oh by the way the second warranty replacement kept having modem failure. That message would come up on the motorola screen when emblem came up when you powered the phone on. Which I was told was a problem that came up from time to time. When it did come all the way on, it would cycle on and off. When the phone works it is great, but when these problems start to arise it's horrible. I spoke to an at&t employee and he told me the first Atrix was not a good product. He said the second one was much better. Here's hoping at&t finally makes right with me and sends the Atrix 2.

• 2012-09-27 22:54
  • QJ70

I have had this phone for about a year, it started off well but began to crash and freeze at least twice a week after a couple of months. Also a 1cm strip of the touchscreen has recently decided to become unresponsive! And as far as the battery life goes, you should not have to buy other batteries to boost the life of a phone, and if you dont thisne will last for about a day tops without another charge if you want it to still be on the next morning! I bought this phone with a two year contract and its lasted half of that, not good enough!! Buy something from sony or rim, better design

• 2012-09-23 03:45
  • mT0%

After owning a Motorola years ago and thinking that the hardware was nice but the software let it down too much I gave in a bought a Defy. The Defy is a great little phone from a hardware perspective(bar a few problems with dodgy earpieces), but again, not good software... I then for some reason bought an Atrix hearing it was going to get ICS. Yet again. Good, but not great, phone hardware a buggy installation of Android. Should have learned... Still no ICS.. And now I'm hearing bad things about other Motorola ICS updates, I don't have high expectations.. Google really needs to whip Motorola's development team into shape. It'll continue to be a waste of innovative hardware if they don't. Having said that, I'm just about to take apart my Atrix to see if I can fix the defective headphone jack...

• 2012-09-22 21:34
  • 32EB

Battery sucks hard!!! That is all!! Love the phone!!

• 2012-09-21 14:41
  • Qy%2

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2012-09-19 17:05 from p3Lt - click to readprobably never.

• 2012-09-20 10:16
  • iBIg

ICS when?

• 2012-09-19 17:05
  • p3Lt

> In reply to Reid @ 2012-09-11 13:14 from qJXe - click to readhi. where did you buy the battery from; can you post the link;

• 2012-09-17 08:26
  • n7UD

> In reply to asante @ 2012-08-26 23:09 from fsWr - click to readatrix2 is zero it cannot switch automatically from wifi to internet u cannot find the contact easily it takes time

• 2012-09-12 11:46
  • JEtc
Total of 1532 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX.