Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.5
7.6
7.5

> In reply to Kazi @ 2012-04-22 15:59 from tEeC - click to readYes they are, in fact so much, that I am taking them to consumer court for keeping the phone for 7 days with no repair done at all. I gave them my phone for dust under the screen issue and they updated the phones software to resolve it. Can you beat that? Flashing the stock ROM could only take 1 hr at max and they have no explanation to why the phone was kept at the service center for 7 days.

• 2012-04-25 02:47
  • KAk8

> In reply to 1sickbastard @ 2012-04-24 14:16 from tDDb - click to readYou dont need to flash a custom ROM for all this. You need to setup an account before you start using the Hotspot functionality. Simply tap the option below the Mobile Hotspot tab and choose a password. You'll then have to enter this password on your laptop/tab to use internet via phone. Please note that flashing custom ROM will void your warranty! Do not do so unless you are a pro and understand what you're doing.

• 2012-04-25 02:43
  • KAk8

> In reply to Moto_User @ 2012-04-24 07:53 from vcyU - click to readI see. Thanks for shedding some light on the matter. I'm having trouble making it a mobile hotspot as well. It says account was not set to work as a hotspot. Will a custom ROM fix this? If so, where can i find one. Preferably with instructions.

• 2012-04-24 14:16
  • tDDb

> In reply to 1sickbastard @ 2012-04-23 19:07 from wr4q - click to readFlashing it with a custom ROM might resolve the issue.
My stock ROM does gives me the option to choose network (2G/3G/Auto). Probably AT&T handsets are locked for 4G use.

• 2012-04-24 07:53
  • vcyU

Is anyone facing "call end" hanging problem? some times we cannot disconnect a call .I have to shut down the device. My gadget is one month old.
Please help me out with sugessions...

• 2012-04-24 06:20
  • P@L0

Well, got mine today.
First impressions:
It's VERY nicely built and feels very solid in my hand.
Certainly fast enough for me.
Screen is very good, but of course no match for Super AMOLED.
I know the other guy said its gorilla glass protection is thicker (King Kong glass?), but I put on an anti-glare just the same. Have to say it's the hardest phone to put a protector on perfectly.

1 thing that really bothers me is that I can't set it to work on 2G only to conserve battery where 3G or HSPA+ is unstable. The "select network" options seem to have been disabled . Can anybody tell me how to get around this issue? It's an unlocked AT&T, running 2.3.6 stock ROM.

• 2012-04-23 19:07
  • wr4q

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to readUr comment literally makes no sense at all.its matter of research that u actually having these mobile.u statements suggest of android newbie whose blank about specifications.

• 2012-04-23 10:33
  • bJex

> In reply to man @ 2012-04-22 15:40 from H4wY - click to readHello. To turn off mobile data /GPRS/3G, press the menu key, choose settings> choose data manager> untick "data enabled" and "background data"

• 2012-04-23 09:56
  • ib3g

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to readMr.Manan, clearly you don't know how to use an android phone, you should watch more demo videos on how to set up android phones

• 2012-04-23 09:54

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to read
GPRS Controls can very easily be found under an option called Battery & Data Manager in Settings.
If you could'nt find something as simple as that, you probably did buy a China Phone for 20k+.
No wonder your Camera's as good as a 1 MP camera. LOL.

• 2012-04-23 08:05
  • vcyU

> In reply to man @ 2012-04-22 15:40 from H4wY - click to readGo to settings:
-battery & data manager
-data delivery
-disable "background data" and "data enabled"

• 2012-04-23 05:56
  • vGYc

tq again Ming. Is that so ? How sad.. I wonder if it will arrive here in my country....

• 2012-04-22 17:55
  • PA8c

East or West, Motorola is the best.

• 2012-04-22 15:59
  • tEeC

Help me to Turn OFF GPRS in this Phone..
GPRS s not Free for me..
(If you Configure facebook acc. OR Gmail acc.)Automatically Currency will Debited.

• 2012-04-22 15:40
  • H4wY

Hi. Dear Frnds, i got this phone yesterday, This Phone s Stupid Fucking Phone.. U knw Why, Camera Clarity s too Poor, 8MP (1920*1080) s equal to other phones 1MP. Speakers & Ringing Volume s also too poor.. China sets s better. Der s no GPRS(data) control option.
So that Im not at all Recommending to buy this Phone.
Totally Fucking Motorola. Very bad , Simply wasted 20k+ ...

• 2012-04-22 15:25
  • H4wY

> In reply to atrix 2 newbie @ 2012-04-22 07:44 from PA8c - click to readThis phone only supports LTE in the US region.

• 2012-04-22 11:11

tq Ming.
By the way, does this phone is LTE ?

• 2012-04-22 07:44
  • PA8c

> In reply to Sudip12 @ 2012-04-21 21:12 from uta5 - click to readThank you.
You answered my query. But, again last confirmation on "Internet Pass Through". If i dont have Wifi Router, it is possible to access internet in my Atrix 2 via data cable between my PC and phone ? right ?

This is my last query... Hopefully.

• 2012-04-21 21:57
  • vGu8

> In reply to Kath @ 2012-04-19 09:23 from w4Yn - click to readHi Kathy,

First of all,sorry for replying late.....

Anyways, the ATRIX 2 does support all the functionalities that u have mentioned but in addition to all these it can also act as a hotspot for other wireless devices and u also get MotoCast. MotoCast is an application using which u can directly access the folders on ur system, through wi-fi and also USB. Hope I have answered ur query well and if anything else, just ask!!!! :-)

• 2012-04-21 21:12
  • uta5

I am using the phone for past one month. Its a excellent phone display . No lag, gaming experience is also very good and battery life is solid for 2days with 4 hours wifi use and moderate play of gaming .i personally recommend this phone .its worth for money

• 2012-04-21 18:53
  • U{IR
Total of 1597 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865.