Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865 - user opinions and reviews

Motorola

7.5
7.6
7.5

> In reply to abhi @ 2012-04-19 19:29 from 2@11 - click to readgot after 1 week aftercallin so many times.

• 2012-04-27 12:45
  • ijyn

hey..can u plz tel me from whr i can buy this fone(offline)..new delhi..

• 2012-04-26 22:21
  • 2@da

> In reply to Kandhari @ 2012-04-25 02:43 from KAk8 - click to readThank you for the input. Perhaps i wasn't very clear. I purchased the phone on ebay, coz of the price and we won't be getting the Atrix 2 anytime soon in my country. It was an unlocked AT&T phone, but some features seemed locked out so that they wouldn't work on just any network. Perhaps on partner networks, they would.
Anywaaay, since I have no warranty to speak of, I've resolved the mobile hotspot/tethering issue by rooting the phone and manually changing some permissions through SQlite editor.

But I still cant find the permission to unlock the network setting or any other workaround. Custom ROM is a bit risky for me to try, so it's a last resort. So has anybody succeeded in dealing with the issue?

Battery life when I'm at the office is phenomenal. But in the suburbs it's downright horrible. My old blackberry outlasted it by hours simply because I can set it to "2G only".

• 2012-04-25 06:11
  • Kx3v

> In reply to Kazi @ 2012-04-22 15:59 from tEeC - click to readYes they are, in fact so much, that I am taking them to consumer court for keeping the phone for 7 days with no repair done at all. I gave them my phone for dust under the screen issue and they updated the phones software to resolve it. Can you beat that? Flashing the stock ROM could only take 1 hr at max and they have no explanation to why the phone was kept at the service center for 7 days.

• 2012-04-25 02:47
  • KAk8

> In reply to 1sickbastard @ 2012-04-24 14:16 from tDDb - click to readYou dont need to flash a custom ROM for all this. You need to setup an account before you start using the Hotspot functionality. Simply tap the option below the Mobile Hotspot tab and choose a password. You'll then have to enter this password on your laptop/tab to use internet via phone. Please note that flashing custom ROM will void your warranty! Do not do so unless you are a pro and understand what you're doing.

• 2012-04-25 02:43
  • KAk8

> In reply to Moto_User @ 2012-04-24 07:53 from vcyU - click to readI see. Thanks for shedding some light on the matter. I'm having trouble making it a mobile hotspot as well. It says account was not set to work as a hotspot. Will a custom ROM fix this? If so, where can i find one. Preferably with instructions.

• 2012-04-24 14:16
  • tDDb

> In reply to 1sickbastard @ 2012-04-23 19:07 from wr4q - click to readFlashing it with a custom ROM might resolve the issue.
My stock ROM does gives me the option to choose network (2G/3G/Auto). Probably AT&T handsets are locked for 4G use.

• 2012-04-24 07:53
  • vcyU

Is anyone facing "call end" hanging problem? some times we cannot disconnect a call .I have to shut down the device. My gadget is one month old.
Please help me out with sugessions...

• 2012-04-24 06:20
  • P@L0

Well, got mine today.
First impressions:
It's VERY nicely built and feels very solid in my hand.
Certainly fast enough for me.
Screen is very good, but of course no match for Super AMOLED.
I know the other guy said its gorilla glass protection is thicker (King Kong glass?), but I put on an anti-glare just the same. Have to say it's the hardest phone to put a protector on perfectly.

1 thing that really bothers me is that I can't set it to work on 2G only to conserve battery where 3G or HSPA+ is unstable. The "select network" options seem to have been disabled . Can anybody tell me how to get around this issue? It's an unlocked AT&T, running 2.3.6 stock ROM.

• 2012-04-23 19:07
  • wr4q

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to readUr comment literally makes no sense at all.its matter of research that u actually having these mobile.u statements suggest of android newbie whose blank about specifications.

• 2012-04-23 10:33
  • bJex

> In reply to man @ 2012-04-22 15:40 from H4wY - click to readHello. To turn off mobile data /GPRS/3G, press the menu key, choose settings> choose data manager> untick "data enabled" and "background data"

• 2012-04-23 09:56
  • ib3g

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to readMr.Manan, clearly you don't know how to use an android phone, you should watch more demo videos on how to set up android phones

• 2012-04-23 09:54

> In reply to Manan @ 2012-04-22 15:25 from H4wY - click to read
GPRS Controls can very easily be found under an option called Battery & Data Manager in Settings.
If you could'nt find something as simple as that, you probably did buy a China Phone for 20k+.
No wonder your Camera's as good as a 1 MP camera. LOL.

• 2012-04-23 08:05
  • vcyU

> In reply to man @ 2012-04-22 15:40 from H4wY - click to readGo to settings:
-battery & data manager
-data delivery
-disable "background data" and "data enabled"

• 2012-04-23 05:56
  • vGYc

tq again Ming. Is that so ? How sad.. I wonder if it will arrive here in my country....

• 2012-04-22 17:55
  • PA8c

East or West, Motorola is the best.

• 2012-04-22 15:59
  • tEeC

Help me to Turn OFF GPRS in this Phone..
GPRS s not Free for me..
(If you Configure facebook acc. OR Gmail acc.)Automatically Currency will Debited.

• 2012-04-22 15:40
  • H4wY

Hi. Dear Frnds, i got this phone yesterday, This Phone s Stupid Fucking Phone.. U knw Why, Camera Clarity s too Poor, 8MP (1920*1080) s equal to other phones 1MP. Speakers & Ringing Volume s also too poor.. China sets s better. Der s no GPRS(data) control option.
So that Im not at all Recommending to buy this Phone.
Totally Fucking Motorola. Very bad , Simply wasted 20k+ ...

• 2012-04-22 15:25
  • H4wY

> In reply to atrix 2 newbie @ 2012-04-22 07:44 from PA8c - click to readThis phone only supports LTE in the US region.

• 2012-04-22 11:11

tq Ming.
By the way, does this phone is LTE ?

• 2012-04-22 07:44
  • PA8c
Total of 1600 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX 2 MB865.