Motorola ATRIX 4G - user opinions and reviews

1974644

7.6
8.0
8.0

> In reply to Riz @ 2014-01-06 12:02 from K5fQ - click to readuse automatic bootloader unlock v4.2 work for my atrix 4g at&t running GB 2.3.6 version 4.5.145 I'm now running superlite JB 4.1.2 only problem is camcorder but i don't video record so not a issue for me plus good battery life for a unofficial build but if you want all drivers to work use cm7 base rom recommend for daily use.

• 2014-01-08 21:29
  • kaLd

> In reply to Rooted Superuser.... @ 2013-12-29 00:22 from xIi7 - click to readpls tell me how to unlock bootloader and rooting

• 2014-01-06 12:02
  • K5fQ

after unlocking and rooting this device it being a major change loading time is ten times faster it use to take me 5 to 10 to load but nw 1 min now time to run some mrom and everyone who is running GB 2.3.6/4.5.145 and wonder how to unlock the bootloader use automatic bootloader unlock easy and simple way and is recommended by xda developer thank u.

• 2013-12-30 09:56
  • ka81
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

> In reply to vezz @ 2013-12-16 01:51 from ka81 - click to readTo unlock this bootloader is 8/10 on the difficulty scale, its 'Old School', not he 1 click POOT to RooT that's done today.
Head over to XDA Developers Forum:

Use this ROM, seriously, its the best of the 5 I've tried:
He has a post at XDA Developers Forum:

If you proceed, just unlock the bootloader, install the MROM(It includes the CWM Kernel), SIM unlock if you wish to use a different service carrier,,,,I use NEXT Launcher Full Version from Google Play as my launcher.

Done,,,simple as 123, ABC....

• 2013-12-29 00:40
  • xIi7
  • Rooted Superuser....
  • Rating0

I unlocked the Bootloader and installed MROM(cyanogen7.7 mod) this gives me fantastic battery life and no overheating/4Hr battery life I was experiencing with the stock Motorola ROM.

Seriously, the stock ROM is CRAP!

Battery life was max 4.5 Hrs running 3G/texting/surfing.
Charging, I could fry an egg on my phone, battery reporting was all over the place, mostly 1/2 charged reporting 230% charge @ 3800mV...

I like this phone, I now LOVE this phone with MROM as the OS.

Battery life is fantastic.
Audio, Full DSP GUI takes advantage of the Wolfson 5.1 audio chip and with FLAC as the file format the sound is unbeatable.
I have BOSE QuietComfort 15 headphones and demoing this to different people, they can't believe the audiofile acoustics that this tiny phone produces.

This morning I had the WiFi/3G and Music playing for over 5Hrs and still had 30%+ battery left.
I'm not sure if its the Cyanogen or Michael Montuori's coding work and tweaking that makes this a winner ROM, but the next phone I purchase will be one that Mr. Montuori has developed the ROM for.

I will always keep this phone, I even might purchase a used BU phone to keep as an audio player, its better than any other audio player I have owned or listened to, in its current configuration.

• 2013-12-29 00:22
  • xIi7

Learn DOS .. The instruction you found online are not
100% accurate .. Done two of these phones.

• 2013-12-23 09:29
  • 7s3g

Whats the safe way to unlock the boot-loader on the 2.3.6 gb 4.5.145 and if there is not a safe way how can i downgrade from 4.5.145 to a lower version such as 4.5.141 or low, if any one have any info that can help please email me at: maurice_walker@yahoo.com or reply to the post.

• 2013-12-16 01:51
  • ka81

Remove gapps competely or don't install the gapps at all...solves the restarting problem

• 2013-12-15 17:10
  • uw@v

> In reply to Kirk Chambers @ 2013-12-06 00:15 from ka83 - click to readtry Android recovery

• 2013-12-13 04:58
  • 7t}N

Can someone help me because I recently got the phone and it keeps restarting itself. I really need the assistance.

• 2013-12-06 00:15
  • ka83

jus recently got the phone, but it constantly restarts by it self. Can anyone help me with this problem? I need help!!!

• 2013-12-06 00:10
  • ka83

BEST Custom ROM for Atrix 4G Neutrino ROM v3.02, great rom. i am using it from last 3 month. super fast speed with good battery backup.

• 2013-12-01 05:03
  • t5Wg

I cant turn off the 3G

• 2013-11-18 21:41
  • fsTx

to all those people out there who own a motorola atrix 4g and have unlocked their bootloader 4.5.145 and are having sleep of death issues aka SOD where the phone does not wake up after a period of inactivity download moto software updater from motorola website and follow the on screen instructions moto software updater will download the stock 4.5.145 and automatically flash it and finally u will get rid of sleep of death issues and remember u will have to be in stock firmware the moto software update wont recognize your phone if u are on cyanogenmod word of advice if u are already on 4.5.145 never unlock the bootloader because there is no unlockable bootloader for 4.5.145 all the unlocked boootloaders are from previous versions so even though they unlock the phone there will be consequences like sod and random reboots on high temperatures so bottom line is u have to go back to stock many people will tell u to flash via rsd lite but trust me rsd lite is of no help as it wont be able to flash successfully because 4.5.145 sbf is not available and rsd cant downgrade so it will give an error message error switching phone to BP pass through mode but the moto software updater will be able to download the 4.5.145 sbf from motorola website and flash it automatically

• 2013-11-16 06:25
  • K59w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-28 06:31 from KI4G - click to readInstall triangle away

• 2013-11-07 18:10
  • jBvh

> In reply to ashfaq @ 2013-11-01 19:04 from K59w - click to readThanks will give it a try..

• 2013-11-02 22:04
  • ka8F

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-17 14:56 from Ns2c - click to readForget about last reply. It worked. Thank you so so much. In 3 months anybody knew how to do it. Thank you so much :))

• 2013-11-01 23:21
  • nDN}

> In reply to vezz @ 2013-10-27 16:08 from kaKe - click to readthere is no such thing as 100 percent stable rom other than the stock rom but u can give cm7.2stable a try and dont even think of trying ics or jb custom roms no matter what the developer of the roms say they cannot be used as a daily driver due they will have problems such as fingerprint sensor error,camera flash incorrect timing,geotagging and mostly horrible battery life but cm7.2 is the best according to me its battery life is good and u can customize it a lot

• 2013-11-01 19:04
  • K59w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-28 06:31 from KI4G - click to readu need to unlock your bootloader first and then only u can install custom roms head over to xda forum there are many tutorials to unlocking the bootloader after unlocking your bootloader then u have to install clockwork recovery mod and then only u will be able to install cm10,9,7 or whatever u want

• 2013-11-01 18:56
  • K59w

> In reply to Anonymous @ 2013-10-17 14:56 from Ns2c - click to readAnd now, my data just stopped? I mean, the logo in the right corner is still there but is not blue anymore and the arrows stop moving. I can.t verify if it worked cause i have no more mb :) anyway, thanks. :)

• 2013-11-01 08:03
  • LaEu
Total of 778 user reviews and opinions for Motorola ATRIX 4G.